• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Fun stuff with Zombie and Twilight Gap tonight.

Got a Tier 3 kill on mini Crota x 2

Beat Undying Mind Guy for Camel Gun™ quest

Beat The Echo wizard for both Zombie and Twilight to get their Camel Guns™

I popped a 3oC and got an exotic engram

4th Horseman #3

WHO IS RAIDING TOMORROW AFTERNOON?

My Warlock is now 293 or 294. BUG ZAPPA TO THE RESCUE

Dude, thank you again for your help on the Camel Gun™ quest. :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm up for any random raid. Need to do the final king's fall quest.

Doing the solar and arc swords are so much easier than void. Material part is still a pain though.

Fabian strategy seems okay. Don't like how it looks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm not getting how many people are having so much trouble in Heroic Strikes. Like... the only 'hard' part of any of them is the WARSAT segment of S.A.B.E.R. imo.

I just don't like the length of them in the Heroic playlist. I still don't know what the differences in rewards are either :/

There are some 'nuances' that people don't really seem to be aware of though. At the Restorative Mind, while relic ruining - just WAIT lol. There will always be a wave of adds before you place the relic in the boss room. So just wait. Your team will kill them and then you can stress-free hit the boss with all the DPS you can muster just a moment later ezpz.

Darkblade is free. Flayers are sword food. Shield Bros just require you to stay alive more than anything else - once you die in that mission you make it exponentially harder for your teammates to manage adds and stay aware of the bosses.

neoism

F me, I didn't even think about wiping. I already tried like 6 ones and just bought 3 more, haha. Damnit. Oh well.

Yea man...

Use stolen rune and if it's the wrong combo just jump off the side until that event timer runs out. You'll see a message that says "X-Frame has abandoned the event" or something and then it's safe to respawn... This allows you to keep your rune and use it again.

But if randoms dont catch on and keep reviving you then you're screwed.

so i take it you do it solo what happens if a random comes a long and res you?

BLCKATK

Excellent, got my 3 Zone Control wins for the week. Took those Marks and bought a 1000 Yard Stare and leveled it up. That should bring my Raid DPS up quite a bit, my previous sniper was pretty bad.

Anyone got any tips on leveling subclasses quick? I know I should have defender maxed out but I was pretty hyped about Sunbreaker. Had to max it first.

I'm up for any random raid. Need to do the final king's fall quest.

Doing the solar and arc swords are so much easier than void. Material part is still a pain though.

Fabian strategy seems okay. Don't like how it looks.

I'm in the same boat with the raid. That and I want to test out my new Camel Gun.

neoism

Has anyone had a problem getting their Focused Light from the red bull promotion? I put the code in on bungie, it says everything is good and the item should be at my postmaster, but it hasn't shown up yet.

it took mine 24 hours but it may have been just logging out campletely.

Damn, I guess no one likes this nightfall lol; can't get any takers. That warsat is a pain in the ass, but I need the xp bonus before I test these weapons out. Sucks.

neoism

maybe not the best place to ask this, but does anyone know if internet can affect framerate at all in a game like this? i've been having weird little stuttering issues. it rarely drops significantly, but there are a lot of areas where there will be a slight choppiness when i pan the camera. it does it a little bit in the tower around the vault area, in the hellmouth, in the rocketyard, etc. one of the worst places is in one of the room during the saber strike. it's pretty frustrating. i'm on xb1, by the way.

nah its not fps just lag... fps is engine based... sometimes it will do that for me when i go to my music player and change a track when the game loads hell it even lags the system itself..

psylah

Can a Titan with An Insurmountable Skullfort (Daft Punk helmet) please confirm something for me?

The helmet is supposed to give you an additional melee charge, but when you are a defender it immediately uses both charges for one shield, that lasts the same amount of time.

Bug or working as intended?

GhaleonEB

So, my 'to do' list has petered out. Currently chipping away at the Path of the Bladedancer quest line as I am out of other things. Some questions:

-How do I get level 2 and 3 runes for Court of Oryx? In all my playtime, I've gotten one level 2 rune, used it, got piddling rewards...and that's it. I've done tons of the Taken public events and a couple dozen level 1 rights at the Court. I'm not sure how to progress this challenge bounty and quest I have.

-How do you open more chests in the Dreadnought? I thought it was from the wormsinger rune that drops, but I've gotten two of those since TTK came out, and spent a LOT of time on that ship.

-I'm confused about the calcified fragments quest. A mission to re-run an older mission on Heroic came up, I beat a new boss there, and the quest disappeared again, after two steps.

I'm down to my Bladedancer quest, the Court, and the raid (two quests for it). Not really complaining about content as I've gorged on a feast of stuff for the past week and a half, just feeling kind of aimless right no in terms of what to do.

Silvard

Does anyone want to help me with Oryx in the daily heroic? I'm at the last phase and the asshole always gets at least one luck swing in.

Just join on me at PSN: SilvardCT.

Can a Titan with An Insurmountable Skullfort (Daft Punk helmet) please confirm something for me?

The helmet is supposed to give you an additional melee charge, but when you are a defender it immediately uses both charges for one shield, that lasts the same amount of time.

Bug or working as intended?
That sounds like a bug to me. Maybe related to the fact that disintigrate works differently than other melee attacks; you only use up the charge on the killing blow when the shield comes up, not on hit like other melees.

Does anyone want to help me with Oryx in the daily heroic? I'm at the last phase and the asshole always gets at least one luck swing in.

Just join on me at PSN: SilvardCT.

I will join if you still need help

Edit: sorry I was a little late! I jumped in as soon as I saw your post lol

Shiv47

So, my 'to do' list has petered out. Currently chipping away at the Path of the Bladedancer quest line as I am out of other things. Some questions:

-How do I get level 2 and 3 runes for Court of Oryx? In all my playtime, I've gotten one level 2 rune, used it, got piddling rewards...and that's it. I've done tons of the Taken public events and a couple dozen level 1 rights at the Court. I'm not sure how to progress this challenge bounty and quest I have.

-How do you open more chests in the Dreadnought? I thought it was from the wormsinger rune that drops, but I've gotten two of those since TTK came out, and spent a LOT of time on that ship.

-I'm confused about the calcified fragments quest. A mission to re-run an older mission on Heroic came up, I beat a new boss there, and the quest disappeared again, after two steps.

I'm down to my Bladedancer quest, the Court, and the raid (two quests for it). Not really complaining about content as I've gorged on a feast of stuff for the past week and a half, just feeling kind of aimless right no in terms of what to do.

With wormsinger runes, you have to kill the hive boss it spawns nearby, and then use the wormfeeder rune it drops (kill 50 enemies without dying) to get a random key.

Oh, and the wormfeeder rune must be completed before you go to orbit or you lose it.

I've done a few, including the interceptor/ascent ones. There's a Cabal one I've done that requires a drop...they're very well hidden. It's quite fun! Dunno about other ones tho..

Edit-Also apparently the Darkblade had a wizard lover who betrayed the King.

Oscar

Finally downed Oryx.

Got the AR, Shotgun, and Boots from the raid this week.

Gonna work on an alt to try to get him some raid gear too

psylah

That sounds like a bug to me. Maybe related to the fact that disintigrate works differently than other melee attacks; you only use up the charge on the killing blow when the shield comes up, not on hit like other melees.

That's a shame. It's a great helmet with great abilities, but if that worked it would be outstanding.

I'm not getting how many people are having so much trouble in Heroic Strikes. Like... the only 'hard' part of any of them is the WARSAT segment of S.A.B.E.R. imo.

I just don't like the length of them in the Heroic playlist. I still don't know what the differences in rewards are either :/

There are some 'nuances' that people don't really seem to be aware of though. At the Restorative Mind, while relic ruining - just WAIT lol. There will always be a wave of adds before you place the relic in the boss room. So just wait. Your team will kill them and then you can stress-free hit the boss with all the DPS you can muster just a moment later ezpz.

Darkblade is free. Flayers are sword food. Shield Bros just require you to stay alive more than anything else - once you die in that mission you make it exponentially harder for your teammates to manage adds and stay aware of the bosses.

Because everyone just wants to rush and get hit by aggro. The YOLO play style kept killing one dude earlier on Restorative.

GhaleonEB

With wormsinger runes, you have to kill the hive boss it spawns nearby, and then use the wormfeeder rune it drops (kill 50 enemies without dying) to get a random key.

Oh, and the wormfeeder rune must be completed before you go to orbit or you lose it.

Right, I've done two of them. I just don't know how to get more wormsinger runes. It is purely random drops? Two since launch feels light, but I don't know if they drop from something specific and I just haven't caught on.

Juraash

As far as I know it's still there. Unless it's account wide; I've done it for my Titan already, so does it count for my alts too?

I'm 99% sure they said they were axing it so people didn't feel obligated to run it right at the reset. They also said they would adjust rep and exp to account for it's absence, which as far as I know, they never did.

Anyone want to start with us blind folks on King's Fall raid, we have 5 of us on the
sisters encounter
and we're trying to solve it. We want to figure it out so if you don't know the encounter, the better! Or if you want to laugh at us when you already know it then you can do that as well :p

I'm 99% sure they said they were axing it so people didn't feel obligated to run it right at the reset. They also said they would adjust rep and exp to account for it's absence, which as far as I know, they never did.

There's times I turn in bounties and seemingly get bonus Vanguard+Faction rep. Even though I'm wearing a crucible ghost...

Once you're rank 5 with Eris you can buy rank 2 runes. Doing tier 1 court also has a chance to drop tier 2. Same for tier 3. Chests around the dreadnaught (the normal hadium flake ones) have a chance to drop tier 1 runes, as does killing VIPs on the ship and the taken champions around each planet. Chests in the raid have a chance to drop tier 3 runes. Certain quests give out runes of various tiers, but I can't remember which ones.

You're correct about the wormsinger rune. And it's a random drop from hive on the dreadnaught.

The calcified fragment quest stops abruptly if you haven't met the requirements for the next step. There's a step after 30 fragments, and then after 45 fragments. It's also tied to a quest for the raid to get the ultimate reward at the end of the questline.

End Raid spoilers which I didn't know about as of this minute and is wonderful news:

Apparently for the Daughters and Oryx, the 4th player does NOT need to actually stand on his plate in order to complete the walkway to the final orb. The 3rd platform is what builds the final walkway section. Meaning, if the orb is directly above your platform, which normally would be last, you don't need to stand on it and instead that platform can be left empty so 2 people can now float to deal with adds/Orges.

Am I just really late in learning this?

You're right I usually do it to have symmetry

Shiv47

Right, I've done two of them. I just don't know how to get more wormsinger runes. It is purely random drops? Two since launch feels light, but I don't know if they drop from something specific and I just haven't caught on.

Oh, yeah, they're just random drops, unfortunately.

Top Bottom