• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

lt519

Got a new Scout Rifle today that I am really really enjoying. It's great for the raid. I know the DO one has Firefly and Triple Tap but this guy dishes a lot of damage out when you get it going. Crowd Control and Bonus Taken Damage are awesome in the raid and Third Eye is always useful. Been using it over my Last Extremity with Firefly, bigger Mag, better stability, and the bonus damages add up to more continuous DPS for me..

ZAmTwpO.png

Bonus points for the name and quote

TheTurboFD

I'm guessing there's an unlimited heavy glitch in inferno skermish? Just went against guys who had swords for the whole match and no heavy even spawned.

edit: aannnnnnd I got matched up with them again lol

BraXzy

The strategy really is quite simple: we would stay at the entrance area, and split in two groups of three on each side. To the left we had the gaze guy, and to the right the "floater", for a lack of a better word. We would first clear all the adds except for one yellow vandal, and the floater would go to the back of the room to kill him, and shoot at the boss so that he faces him. At that time, the gaze guy shoots Golghoney in the back to take the gaze, while the 4 other ones down the front left bubble. Everyone but the gaze guy then meet in the puddle to DPS the boss, passing through the WoL first / shooting an arrow from a hunter on the way. The gaze guy calls out when his timer is at 3 seconds, at which point everyone bails out to their respective positions, and proceed to clear the adds again and start all of this all other again.
After the first rep you should take care of the thralls in the pit for maximum safety, with a void warlock super or some good nades, so as not to get bothered.
We were doing a bit more than 25% of his health with each rep, which kills him right after the first taken phase. And since everyone stays in cover while clearing out the adds, and we only stay very little time in the pit, the chances to die are very minimal, which keeps the tablet from building.
This was all really effortless and safe.
Wait what??

I don't get how that works. You only use up one of the pools? I don't get how you even do enough damage to not enrage him. How does 5 people in one pool per phase keep up with 4 people in six pools per phase?

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
ok rag tag raid group

kortez1981
and his 2 bduddies
xir (dayeight on psn) me
schryverr same on psn
and ricky, what's your psn

Baliis

Wait what??

I don't get how that works. You only use up one of the pools? I don't get how you even do enough damage to not enrage him. How does 5 people in one pool per phase keep up with 4 people in six pools per phase?

It doesn't, but it simplifies the fight a bit.
You're doing less damage per phase, and more phases, but there's less room for mistakes, dont need to swap a ton of times, don't need to worry about as many thralls, dont need to shoot down all the orbs. You lose a lot of time per phase moving pools, killing thralls shooting orbs, etc anyways, the first pool with weapons/tether is your biggest one

What quest does the 310 artifact drop from again?

The one to get the three items from the raid bosses I think

nbraun80

Wait what??

5 people in one pool with the gazer lining up the center crit perfectly for them does just fine and much simpler than have two people and running around all the pools and such.

zewone

Taken Wars whatever. Then you do the raid for last part which I have to do.

Trying to grind out these materials for the sword is a pain.

To get the quest for the 310 artifact, you only need to get 5 or 6 Calcified Fragments for Eris to get you the Old Hunger quest.

Then that quest is beating the raid bosses.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a raid checkpoint right after
Warpriest
?I really need that fragment on my 'lock but have already raided on her this week. All I need is for someone to load me in there. It's a long shot but eh.

DjRalford

I'm guessing there's an unlimited heavy glitch in inferno skermish? Just went against guys who had swords for the whole match and no heavy even spawned.

edit: aannnnnnd I got matched up with them again lol

Nah, you can use your sword without ammo, but it's a 2 hit kill with the hilt.

They're probably doing the sword questline

BraXzy

Had a fantastic night tonight, really good fun, made me appreciate how good Destiny can be in a group.

Been waiting for my buddy to hit a high enough light level to raid all week, meanwhile I've been leveling my titan and caught up. We both finished the Taken War questline tonight and even though it was getting kinda late we decided sod it we're both ready lets raid!

I went on LFG and looked for a suitable group. I'd run it twice but he hadn't so I didn't want some stupid '300+ only experienced' group. Found a post asking for patient people, no experience needed just good listeners.. Perfect.

We get started and everyone is friendly, one guy who finished the raid, couple guys who had done half, few who were new. And we all just took our time, explained the fights and kept our cool. And honestly, it was almost if not as fun as the first run blind the day it came out. We obviously wiped a fair amount but no one really made silly mistakes, people paid attention and learnt super quick. And above all we had a tonne of fun and a good laugh. Someone walked in front of a dildo puncher at the jumping puzzle before we could warn him, too funny.

I was surpsrised at how fast new peeps picked up the mechanics but I guess having experienced players talk you through it as you go helps a lot. I ended up doing the relic tun on Oryx again, since that is the only role I have ever done. I should really give platform duty a go. It's funny how these crazy formidable bosses are now just kinda methodically dealt with with ease. I'm really looking forward to hard mode.

The one thing I was super worried about was hitting the 1% club again at the end but thankfully we dropped him suuuuuuuper quick. I was relwatedly telling everyone to DPS the hell out of him when it happened xD

Everyone got a decent drop, I ended up getting gauntlets and two pulse rifles. Not too bad. It is so very late now, t'is bed time. Ty Destiny for being so much fun.

This gun...THIS GUN! I rolled a pretty good one with focused fire, smallbore (or I could choose speed reload or hand laid stock), and then counterbalance at the end.

The flavour text says it's a Red death prototype.

I love it!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
To get the quest for the 310 artifact, you only need to get 5 or 6 Calcified Fragments for Eris to get you the Old Hunger quest.

Then that quest is beating the raid bosses.

That quest is gathering materials from beating raid bosses. This one is the road to king's fall which is beating the bosses also. Basically two different quests with the objective being basically doing the whole raid.

hyp

That old stuff would still be okay for PvP, is that correct? I'm keeping my Queen's Wrath branded gear regardless, but I wouldn't be at a disadvantage in using it in the Crucible, would I?

yea, for normal PVP (level advantages disabled) keep old weapons you enjoy using. i still rock the stranger's rifle, love that thing.

Top Bottom