• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Marvel

could never
Oryx
when everyone knows the strategy is surprisingly very easy and quick to beat.

Lucked out last night with randoms, quick and painless.

Rainmaker

Banned
It's a really weird decision to finally make shaders work with most exotics and then make it so that most of the class items won't change colors. They also managed to make Titan class items that look worse than year one's selection. That takes talent.

It's a really weird decision to finally make shaders work with most exotics and then make it so that most of the class items won't change colors. They also managed to make Titan class items that look worse than year one's selection. That takes talent.

I need to get my Honor of Cormorant back.

There's your answer ;)

I've seen some differing strategies, that's why I asked.

In any case, I'm more than ready to take him down. 301 Light and plenty of good Snipers and Heavy Ammo. Some of my co-raiders aren't so lucky and just get incredibly defensive whenever they can't deliver enough DPS.

Marvel

could never
I was happy to see that you got it done :)

Cheers man, I was all like
xx5KDWd.gif

I've seen some differing strategies, that's why I asked.

In any case, I'm more than ready to take him down. 301 Light and plenty of good Snipers and Heavy Ammo. Some of my co-raiders aren't so lucky and just get incredibly defensive whenever they can't deliver enough DPS.

Oh I see, well it's the usual really nothing fancy or unique.

Bubble in the back in-between the walls in the shade, everyone is 299/300 with spindles/TYS and a couple titans. We unload, he staggers super quick. Bomb detonations must be on point, and that's something I struggled with until recently.

No one needs to be on
one platform where the relic is for the runner
that means an extra hand with ogres.
When it comes to
Shadow of Oryx, clear adds left and right as usual and what must happen is high dps, so again snipe shadow in the head and get out asap

Rince and repeat.

One more thing, really helps if everyone or at least most of you have plenty of special synths.

Seems your guys need to raise their light and upgrade their weapons unfortunately. More than welcome to join me if I have space, we're all super friendly and know what to do.

ocean

Banned
Yup, I am so sick of the pvp quests, they are the worst grind ever and are totally turning me off the game. I hate being forced to use certain guns/spec/etc in pvp.
1. They ask you to win, meaning put on your best stuff and try your best. "Omfg I hate these win 3 matches bounties Bungie wtf my teammates blah blah"
2. They don't ask you to win, just to get kills with certain abilities or weapons to become familiarized with the game "omfg Bungie you want me to get a kill with a throwing knife? It only Takes an enemy down to like 10% of their health this is bullshit"
3. They literally just ask you to play and not idle the match like get 2 kills while holding 2 zones or 8 kills in clash "fuck this quest Bungie why do I have to play modes I don't like"

They can't win in this case. Short of making quests something like "play 1 match of crucible" there will always be people complaining.

My main complaint is the following: I wish the drops you had were relative to your highest light loadout, not what you had equipped during a match. It's terrible when your teammates have crap blue weapons just because they're high light because they care more about rewards than winning.

The other problem Crucible faces isn't something they can fix: people in this game don't understand that they don't need to have everything. The result is Crucible being full of people who don't like it just because they want to complete a quest line which they won't enjoy doing at all.

Marvel

could never
An upgraded TYS is more than enough if people do not have a Spindle, I see a lot of lfg screechy posts saying you gotta have it. But you don't, it just helps.

Do I have to pop the runes myself for the fragments to drop?
yes

what ones do you need? I only need number 39 now but if you also do we can help each other get it if you want.

How many people do you need in order to beat the tier 3 CoO challenge?

I didn't made it because I'm afraid of wasting my rune.
The good thing about CoO is if you fail one you don't lose your rune. Anyway if you know how it's not too bad with 3. The more the merrier though.

Marvel

could never
Used a bunch of ToC last night during strikes, got four engrams out of it. Two snipers (yet to be decoded) and two chest pieces. One was a Year 2 chest for Titan the one where you revive quicker and a Lupi for Hunter. Had the most success with the Brothers... one would die and then I'd pop another coin.

Cheers man, I was all like
xx5KDWd.gif

Oh I see, well it's the usual really nothing fancy or unique.

Bubble in the back in-between the walls in the shade, everyone is 299/300 with spindles/TYS and a couple titans. We unload, he staggers super quick. Bomb detonations must be on point, and that's something I struggled with until recently.

No one needs to be on
one platform where the relic is for the runner
that means an extra hand with ogres.
When it comes to
Shadow of Oryx, clear adds left and right as usual and what must happen is high dps, so again snipe shadow in the head and get out asap

Rince and repeat.

One more thing, really helps if everyone or at least most of you have plenty of special synths.

Seems your guys need to raise their light and upgrade their weapons unfortunately. More than welcome to join me if I have space, we're all super friendly and know what to do.

Xbone, unfortunately, or I would've finished this motherfucker a long time ago.

Seems like
middle strat
really is the best bet. Are Spindles really that good against him, though?
Shooting him doesn't count as a crit.

maomaoIYP

Is there a guide how to do this? Is it a glitch? Or did you get the 3 swords from multiple characters.

It's 3 swords from multiple characters.
1) Get the sword on your main, level it as per normal, get the exotic quest, finish all the annoying steps. I'm at the waiting for armsday part.
2) Do the same with your alternate characters. Transfer the swords to your main, let your main upgrade it to receive the exotic quest on your main.
3) Doing so allows you to skip the 50 majors / 25 PvP kills step.
4) Go do the farm for 10 rare items and 500 kills.
5) Profit!

1. They ask you to win, meaning put on your best stuff and try your best. "Omfg I hate these win 3 matches bounties Bungie wtf my teammates blah blah"
2. They don't ask you to win, just to get kills with certain abilities or weapons to become familiarized with the game "omfg Bungie you want me to get a kill with a throwing knife? It only Takes an enemy down to like 10% of their health this is bullshit"
3. They literally just ask you to play and not idle the match like get 2 kills while holding 2 zones or 8 kills in clash "fuck this quest Bungie why do I have to play modes I don't like"

They can't win in this case. Short of making quests something like "play 1 match of crucible" there will always be people complaining.

My main complaint is the following: I wish the drops you had were relative to your highest light loadout, not what you had equipped during a match. It's terrible when your teammates have crap blue weapons just because they're high light because they care more about rewards than winning.

The other problem Crucible faces isn't something they can fix: people in this game don't understand that they don't need to have everything. The result is Crucible being full of people who don't like it just because they want to complete a quest line which they won't enjoy doing at all.

It's the insane class quests, bounties are fine sure one or two might not be your thing, but needing x kills with arc grenade then solar then super solar kills then arc blade kills rinse and repeat 500x is getting brutal. The exotic quests that cross to pvp are nuts too, farming the junk is bad enough but then needing 100 shotgun kills when I just want to use my damn fusion rifle pisses me off to no end. Plus everyone is throwing matches to finish the sword quests, running around with empty hilts etc.

I'm good at pvp and it drives me nuts, it must be unapproachable for people that hate pvp, especially when you are trying to get something pve related.

In retrospective I should just drop the pos quests and move along but ocd is a strange thing =/

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man :(

Yes, because if you have the perk unlocked it allows you to continuously fire without reloading should you land consistent precision shots.

yeah but as he just said Oryx doesn't have a crit spot. I did better with a 310 1000-Yard Stare than a 300 Spindle.

I'd like to thank audioandy and co for that fun run last night, and I'm so sorry i left so abruptly :( misses was pissed off and turned my router off and kick off (it was 4:30am i think.. and i had to be up for 7am lol)

So sorry about that :( but thank you :)

GlamFM

Banned
yes

what ones do you need? I only need number 39 now but if you also do we can help each other get it if you want.

The good thing about CoO is if you fail one you don't lose your rune. Anyway if you know how it's not too bad with 3. The more the merrier though.

Yay! Join me.

GlamFM

It's the insane class quests, bounties are fine sure one or two might not be your thing, but needing x kills with arc grenade then solar then super solar kills then arc blade kills rinse and repeat 500x is getting brutal. The exotic quests that cross to pvp are nuts too, farming the junk is bad enough but then needing 100 shotgun kills when I just want to use my damn fusion rifle pisses me off to no end. Plus everyone is throwing matches to finish the sword quests, running around with empty hilts etc.

I'm good at pvp and it drives me nuts, it must be unapproachable for people that hate pvp, especially when you are trying to get something pve related.

In retrospective I should just drop the pos quests and move along but ocd is a strange thing =/

Sounds like me. Most of my friends are useless on the Crucible and they are really frustrated by some quests.

I'm very capable PvE player and I'm baffled to oblivion by the crucible quest line, which allow you to get nightfall rewards from weekly PvE activities.

It's ridiculously long and it fails hard when it comes to the fun factor.

Marvel

could never
yeah but as he just said Oryx doesn't have a crit spot. I did better with a 310 1000-Yard Stare than a 300 Spindle.

Ours are 310, but
Does during shadow phase. You can get at least an extra shot in his head if you're very quick due to the perk
which is nice

Unless I'm imagining it due to stress,hype lol

Top Bottom