• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LTWood12

Wondering how often we can expect that to be the daily for the forseeable future. Twice a month maybe?

Page topper for those who came away empty handed yesterday.:

Cool-Hand-Luke-quotes-1.gif

I stayed up an hour later than I should have furiously feeding spindles to things. Now I'm broke but I have lots of 300 infusion fodder and a 308 1000-Yard Stare.

Come to think of it, I guess the fact that the blueprint was 300 should have been a dead giveaway that something was wrong...

What is the Touch of Malice BP? I assumed that 300 made sense because the Black Spindle dropped at 310.

Is it possible to just get a group and go to Rumble and kill each other for sword kills?

Yes you can. You can have two three man fireteams and try to "sweaty" up.

Just a three man fireteam going against randos in rumble is still pretty effective. Just run around with your hilt, no heavy ammo necessary, and punch each other.

My group was lucky enough to get matchmade into a match where the other three were also doing their sword quests. Barely a single shot was fired the entire match!

BH2.0 lament-by Elton John

And I think its gonna be a long long time
Till BH2.0 comes around to find
Im not the man that I was before
No no no no

Im a sniper man, sniper man
Fireing 1k yard stare alone

Mupod

I think I'm going to start an alt this weekend but I haven't figured out what.

Titan:

Pros - I want to be the bubble guy in PVE and that sunbreaker super is HORSE SHIT in pvp. I like the look of the armor and always have.

Cons - The titan I already have is a male Exo I made under the assumption that I'd easily find a nice bright yellow+red shader and those still don't exist. I'd have to remake him. I don't have any good titan exotics.

Hunter:

Pros - I've wanted to make a Hunter solely for PVP for a while. I am sick of their shit in general. I have a 310 set of Hunter mittens lying around. Nightstalker looks great for PVE. The hunter I already made is a qt 3.14 to the max, at least she was on the creation screen.

Cons - My glittering eyes at golden gun have faded a bit after seeing Sunbreaker in action. I'm not as interested in Nightstalker for PVE as I am in Defender.

I guess I'll just wait for tomorrow - if big papa Draksis is still handing out exotics for free then I'll see if I dig up a 310 something for a Titan.

Sane_Man

So far for the raid:

1. Sane_Man (PSN: SaneManPritch, 300 warlock)
2. Revolutionary (??)
3. thelongdarkriversofhell (PSN: darkistheway, 294 hunter)
4. kudoboi (PSN: kudouz, 294 warlock)
5. Werd (if you want in? You asked a bit ago)
6. ??

GlamFM

Banned
I'm guardian lord for close to 24 hrs now and so far nobody has called me Glam Lord - WTF?

I'm always down to help with spindle runs once it pops up again.

Have to multiply and infuse this thing to a million guns now...

This really isn't an encounter that has a single universally viable strategy. On some of the rounds when we killed every orb as it popped up we had a tough time keeping the boss damage on pace... this guy soloing it literally doesn't touch an orb or a single add until the boss is down.

In hindsight while I got close many times the only round in which I actually saw him die started out as a kamikaze sword round that we then shifted to clearing adds

It might also be viable to dedicate one person to boss DPS throughout and the other two to orbs/adds, always pausing to make and collects orbs of light of course

What do you mean?

I mean he had ammo when he went in, and used a synth before the second round. Surely two entire other people can contribute quite a bit of damage...

Don't forget about the damage scaling. Those wizards in the walker room took him just over three sword hits to go down. For me it was closer to 10. He could rip through the arc shield of a centurion in a hit with a solar sword. I couldn't, and would get pound into the ground before I could hit them enough for them to go down.

If everyone on the team is as good as him, sure, three is better than one. But it's not like one good guy can Rambo it and know that two other just okay guys will mop up the rest.

I think it always fell apart for us when the centurions came out to play. Also for me, when we did kill the ads he was always hiding. I could never find him and dps before the next set of balls spawned.

Ophelion

Anyone use the Hereafter sniper? Wondering if I should infuse it up... I've never had the blinding nearby enemies perk.

I don't own one but my brother does. My useless input on the matter is that it sounds really rad when you shoot it.

So, y'know. If you favor weapons based on their acoustic ambiance, Hereafter is a winner.

Don't forget about the damage scaling. Those wizards in the walker room took him just over three sword hits to go down. For me it was closer to 10. He could rip through the arc shield of a centurion in a hit with a solar sword. I couldn't, and would get pound into the ground before I could hit them enough for them to go down.

If everyone on the team is as good as him, sure, three is better than one. But it's not like one good guy can Rambo it and know that two other just okay guys will mop up the rest.

I think it always fell apart for us when the centurions came out to play. Also for me, when we did kill the ads he was always hiding. I could never find him and dps before the next set of balls spawned.

A good hunter with the ability to tether multiple adds in the boss room is a pretty good play, with titan hammers smashing them to follow up (especially with sunspots active to keep that area on fire for a while).

Chaining supers that way really, really helps. If you don't have the right combinatino of classes it's really tough. Tried running with a couple of warlocks, but they couldn't feed me orbs to keep the hammers flying it was just DPS fest with primaries. That won't do it in a group of three.

Chase helped us out even though he had done it already by using a good tether and I got lots of orbs for my hammer. We finished with over 2 minutes left.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

It kind of seems like there might be something to trying it with two people after all if the scaling is that significant.

For sure he always seemed to be on the other side of the pillar when we got a clear room.
I don't own one but my brother does. My useless input on the matter is that it sounds really rad when you shoot it.

So, y'know. If you favor weapons based on their acoustic ambiance, Hereafter is a winner.
This is how people should choose their weapons!

Kyne

I think I'm the only one who thinks that the material grinding for the sword was painless.

I was on earth, which was nice and nostalgic. I also coupled it with doing the arc kills, so it's not like I was just running around trying to find spinmetal. Had a nice meal at about the halfway mark to take a break, and then I watched a movie while finishing it up.

I think playing MMO's all my life and grinding hours on end for a couple of XP has prepared me for this.

kudoboi

So far for the raid:

2. Revolutionary (??)
4. kudoboi (??)
6. ??

PSN is kudouz

294 warlock

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So far for the raid:

2. Revolutionary (??)
4. kudoboi (??)
6. ??

What time would this be? Im a 298 Hunter

deafmedal

Hello. Looking to set up a blind raid for Friday night around 6-7 CST. Need 3 more guardians, please PM if interested :)

Nice thread title heh!

Strider

Sorry Toasty and crew that I had to bail... I'm back now and can jump on pretty soon. Not sure if the group disbanded or what. Thanks for the run up until that point though!

--

I got the shotgun and the cloak for the second time. Don't care about shotguns really and obviously didn't need the cloak :/

Oh well at least I got the fragments! Need to get a group for CoO together. I have a bunch of tier 1, one tier 2 and one tier 3 rune. Once I get the fragments from there I can finish off the malice quest. Hopefully some tier 2 runes will drop for me during it but if not I'll be grinding out Eris rep.

Destiny TTK Vent after 1 week of playing with just 1 character, 5 days of just mainly doing Heroic Daily and PvP Daily, a half day when I started which mainly included main story, then a total of 7 heroic strikes and 2 Nightfalls, and last night: a dozen+ attempts of Spindle:

The game is a lot better now. I've always loved it, but damn it continues to be great with many improvements.

I still have so much to do. I haven't completed many quests especially those that require a fairly decent grind like doing patrols and killing VIPs from every place or farming like collecting Hadium? Etc. I'm just doing what I want instead of being overwhelmed with so many quests, and for the most part, it's working.

Here are things I love!
0) New missions/strikes and old strikes redone. Really great stuff overall. Sound effects and music included. Love it.
1) Nightfalls not returning to orbit.
1.1) Nightfall Checkpoints!!!
2) Attributes and UI display of them: The ability to swap different attributes. More customization is awesome! I was 30 over max intellect so I swapped my class item and artifact to get more discipline and knew exactly how much of everything, SO GOOD.
3) Light Level System: Love, mostly. Not only are the numbers bigger but having 10 items to distribute light is awesome instead of 4. See things I don't love, below, but having 1 piece or 2 somewhat behind doesn't hurt nearly as bad as before. It's great. The quest to 290 was pretty fun. I got up anywhere between 5-10 light on average, everyday. Buying a 280 Light ghost first helped, a lot.
3.1) It's really fun to use all different types of guns! And greens/blues important again, mostly blues after the story missions. At one point I was using a really crappy AR and a fusion rifle with a machine gun, a combination I'd never have.
4) Turning in bounties anytime!
5) Infusion. This is a lot better than I imagined. I really pay attention to Light and the item's perks/stats. Last night during the Spindle Mission, after failing a few times, I decided to do an overhaul of my loadout and inventory. I analyzed all my gear mostly and infused up to use a better loadout with more sniper ammo, more intellect/disc, etc and eventually it led to success! Being able to keep an older gun is awesome. Also, their silly Spindle nerf, keeping that hard earned 310 value as much as possible.
6) Heroic Strikes! They drop engrams pretty regularly. Playing the decrypt game at the end is fun. Also the buff when doing strikes in succession is a very nice addition.
7) 3 of coins is cool. I've only ever used them in strike playlists. Got 1 or 2 exotics out of 12 strikes.
8) This is more Weapons 2.0, but damn it's nice not getting killed by Thorn or the same set of 4-5 guns every PvP match now. It's great

Things I don't love... yet?
1) Hard to get Ghost above Light 280
2) Nightfall rewards so far have been crap for me, and not getting Legendary Marks regularly for them is salt in the wound. 15 marks at the least, IMO.
3) Shotgun PvE nerf was LAME!!! It's only 1.1x the base value prior to 100% buff, and I always thought that was extreme when I used it and thought... 1.25 to 1.5 would be the sweet range, but 2 was too big! 1.375 would have been a pretty sweet spot, IMO.
4) Shotguns again.... for PvP, they're still stupid silly. Nerf Harder, Plz.

Overall: I've been having a great time. At first, I wasn't having as much fun because I was playing Solo, I was super far behind, and I was also going to miss Raid day 1, all felt bad. ALSO, I played on a small TV relative to my home, and I didn't have my Sony Golds so now I can see everything more clear AND hear all the great ambient sounds, it's fantastic. So not only did TV/Headphones helps, but now that I'm back for longer periods of time I've been playing with Gaffers more and playing with people is just everything for the game. The story missions were still pretty good, but now running dailies with people, it makes a world of a difference even with these awesome new missions.

Last night I finally hit 290+, 293 to be exact and I couldn't be more than ready! I have a great sniper and AR so I'm ready! Hopefully we can get this group of 6 to confirm for the DGAF Blind Raid tomorrow.

Side Note: Yesterday was my first day back at work and my coworkers all said I'm crazy for not buying another ps4 for Destiny/playing a game on vacation but because I played a game on vacation! It's so hard to explain to them why it was important for me to do that and get my feet wet while I was away. Nobody understands!

Mupod

Anyone use the Hereafter sniper? Wondering if I should infuse it up... I've never had the blinding nearby enemies perk.

I got it the night before Spindlemania, it dropped at 310 for me too.

I like it solely because it is the most badass sounding weapon I've run into in the game. I don't even have the weapon parts to afford leveling it up, so I can't comment on anything else about it...interesting that it comes with aggressive ballistics though. Wonder how much that closes the impact gap between it and Spindle.

Sane_Man

Updated:

2. Revolutionary (??)
4. kudoboi (PSN: kudouz, 294 warlock)
5. Werd (PSN: Raptor2525, ??)
6. AQ706 (PSN: biggy70686, ??)

Still waiting for confirmation from Revolutionary if he wants in.

I think I'm the only one who thinks that the material grinding for the sword was painless.

I was on earth, which was nice and nostalgic. I also coupled it with doing the arc kills, so it's not like I was just running around trying to find spinmetal. Had a nice meal at about the halfway mark to take a break, and then I watched a movie while finishing it up.

I think playing MMO's all my life and grinding hours on end for a couple of XP has prepared me for this.

I'm on Mars and it fucking blows. Least favorite planet for mat farming.

LTWood12

BH2.0 lament-by Elton John

And I think its gonna be a long long time
Till BH2.0 comes around to find
Im not the man that I was before
No no no no

Im a sniper man, sniper man
Fireing 1k yard stare alone

Goodbye Sniper Dream
Though I never knew you at all
you had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled