• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Shito

I just don't know how you can make statements about its dilution on such a small sample size. Plus with the addition of specif types of Burn and armour buff gear in the game it would be in players best interests to start refining their gear and the Nightfall, no matter how 'diluted' the loot table is, provides and opportunity to possibly acquire a piece of gear that could cost between 75=120 marks.
Well, it's not like a great pool of players already played the NF those past two weeks and posted about their rewards, isn't it? ^^
We have people who got one coin, people who got 5 ToC (worth 7 coins), people who got an antiquated rune, people who got sub-280 legendaries: at which point can we start saying the loot table is more diluted and worthless than it was before?
NF used to be the best place to get exotics from, and even when we were fully geared it was worth doing for the xp and rep buff.
Now though, you have better chances running strikes with 3oC to get exotics, and for legendaries CoO seems like a much better alternative.
At 290-300+, there's really no point running NF anymore...

Well, it's not like a great pool of players already played the NF those past two weeks and posted about their rewards, isn't it? ^^
We have people who got one coin, people who got 5 ToC (worth 7 coins), people who got an antiquated rune, people who got sub-280 legendaries: at which point can we start saying the loot table is more diluted and worthless than it was before?
NF used to be the best place to get exotics from, and even when we were fully geared it was worth doing for the xp and rep buff.
Now though, you have better chances running strikes with 3oC to get exotics, and for legendaries CoO seems like a much better alternative.

We also have people who got 300 Legendaries and Exotics from the Nightfall. You can't back up your argument Plus just because you got legandaries from CoO doesn't mean others did. Even all those things you listed have a purpose and I can pretty much guarantee getting them as a nightfall reward is still the fastest way to get it. I still stand by the point that it is a very relevant way even post me hitting 300+, on all my toons to have a chance to acquire the gear with the perks on that I want instead of hoping that I get lucky grinding strikes and get a legendary engram.

RexNovis

Banned
Anyone know what the reward is for this tedious as fuck crucible weapon master quest chain? Getting 3 wins with 6 or more kills for each primary weapon type

Anyone know what the reward is for this tedious as fuck crucible weapon master quest chain? Getting 3 wins with 6 or more kills for each primary weapon type

It eventually unlicks crucible heoroc weekly quests I believe. You also have like 4 more quests to go. Like said they were looking at modifying it BC it's so damn long

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

NF used to be one of the only places you could 'reliably' get exotics from.

Thank god that isn't the case anymore... I agree that NFs could use an extra reward for the trouble, but its not like people are starved for drops now in a game where they basically felt they had to run more difficult NFs 3 times a week. The overall landscape has changed. NFs aren't nearly as important to lootgame as they used to be.

BokehKing

Banned
So I just unlocked sunbreaker.....(finally have all 3 guardians with their new classes)this makes me realize they are going to go back and give golden gun 4-6 shots instead of just 3 in the future

Shito

We also have people who got 300 Legendaries and Exotics from the Nightfall. You can't back up your argument Plus just because you got legandaries from CoO doesn't mean others did. Even all those things you listed have a purpose and I can pretty much guarantee getting them as a nightfall reward is still the fastest way to get it. I still stand by the point that it is a very relevant way even post me hitting 300+, on all my toons to have a chance to acquire the gear with the perks on that I want instead of hoping that I get lucky grinding strikes and get a legendary engram.
To each its own, I suppose, but I disagree with you saying getting a measly strange coin or 5 ToCs as a nightfall reward are the "fastest way to get it". ^^

NF used to be one of the only places you could 'reliably' get exotics from.

Thank god that isn't the case anymore... I agree that NFs could use an extra reward for the trouble, but its not like people are starved for drops now in a game where they basically felt they had to run more difficult NFs 3 times a week. The overall landscape has changed. NFs aren't nearly as important to lootgame as they used to be.
Oh yeah I agree that the loot system is now way better, no doubt about that.
But to me it just made the NF quite useless in its current state, and not worth running it religiously each week like it used to be.

Morning DGAF!

Story missions done on all 3 characters, taken wars finished on hunter and titan. Just need taken wars on my lock, and to get the arc sword and I'm done with all that silly stuff!

Oh... also someone on reddit claims to have found the quest for sleeper simulant. Source

So I'm pretty sure I found a piece of the stimulant, but when I turned it into the gunsmith nothing happened.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

I'm on Mars on my alt, I can join you. Relying on blueberries to help out with the zealot is a waste of time.

Alright, about to unlock that step. I'll join you in a minute.

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind. I need to do the Fear's Embrace mission. I guess doing the champions isn't apart of the Mars step? I only had to kill 6 lieutenants.

To each its own, I suppose, but I disagree with you saying getting a measly strange coin or 5 ToCs as a nightfall reward are the "fastest way to get it". ^^

Oh yeah I agree that the loot system is now way better, no doubt about that.
But to me it just made the NF quite useless in its current state, and not worth running it religiously each week like it used to be.

A single coin is not the reward that is a general strike reward if that's what they got it is likely an error. Also if you can show me a way to get 7 strange coins in 15 minutes be my guest :p I would have been stoked to have an extra 5 when farming Draksis last week! That's was like nearly a guaranteed exotic.

You get access to weekly bounties, that reward similar to pve nightfall.

So, 1 antiqued rune or 7 strange coins. Take your pick :p

Nightfall gives out rewards like 10 strange coins, 5 3oC, ONE antiquated rune, 260-70 light legendaries. Chance of getting exotics and higher light loot, sure. But the loot table needs to change.

End game activity that rewards 1 antiquated rune is troll tier bs.

LTWood12

So I'm to the part of "the old hunger" quest that requires you to collect an item from each boss. I have not however finished all the taken war stuff, so I don't have "the road to kings fall." Does Touch of Malice require both of these?

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind. I need to do the Fear's Embrace mission. I guess doing the champions isn't apart of the Mars step? I only had to kill 6 lieutenants.
Taken war mars? Room for one more? On that part with my hunter.

So I'm to the part of "the old hunger" quest that requires you to collect an item from each boss. I have not however finished all the taken war stuff, so I don't have "the road to kings fall." Does Touch of Malice require both of these?

I think it only requires The Old Hunger and Hunger Pangs.

Shito

A single coin is not the reward that is a general strike reward if that's what they got it is likely an error. Also if you can show me a way to get 7 strange coins in 15 minutes be my guest :p I would have been stoked to have an extra 5 when farming Draksis last week! That's was like nearly a guaranteed exotic.
Opened up a chest in patrol yesterday that gave me 6 coins.
Got 90 coins last week from just playing the game without ever trying to get some.
Coins are plentiful nowadays.

Maybe we can kidnap some clan mates.

Stares at DJ and Kadey :p

I have to kill 2 champs on mars, haven't unlocked FE on my alt yet.

Also have to do the entire Taken wars on my titan, so I'm up for that as well.

You get access to weekly bounties, that reward similar to pve nightfall.

So, 1 antiqued rune or 7 strange coins. Take your pick :p

Nightfall gives out rewards like 10 strange coins, 5 3oC, ONE antiquated rune, 260-70 light legendaries. Chance of getting exotics and higher light loot, sure. But the loot table needs to change. I should probably clarify that my point is just I think it is just to early to disregard Nightfall, until we know the fate of the other exotic armour that isn't dropping from engrams I still think for a 15 minute thing it is worthwhile running it.

End game activity that rewards 1 antiquated rune is troll tier bs.

Yeah I don't agree with the Antiquated rune part, that is a bit shit considering that was all got from the raid bosses in a run this week I don't think I need anymore than the 5 I got :p

ocean

Banned
I just don't know how you can make statements about its dilution on such a small sample size. Plus with the addition of specif types of Burn and armour buff gear in the game it would be in players best interests to start refining their gear and the Nightfall, no matter how 'diluted' the loot table is, provides and opportunity to possibly acquire a piece of gear that could cost between 75-120 marks. Plus it is a pretty quick way to get a near guaranteed useful item, whether for infusion, actual use or cosmetic, it just surprises me that people would stop running it based upon 2 weeks of loot drops.
It's diluted because of the amount of crap on the table.

Exotics, Legendaries (good chance they're worthless for infusion because of low Light), Strange Coins, 3 of Coins, Motes of Light, Antiquated Runes, you name it. I'm surprised Primary Ammo synth isn't a possible reward.

Moreover, it no longer offers a Radiant Light, which was the main reason to run them. They don't give 500 rep anymore. No marks anymore either. I mean it's way less attractive no matter how you look at it.

One final issue: one of TTK's coolest feature is making cool stuff available to me if I want it, when I want it via Quests. I have a Touch of Malice - not because I got lucky, but because I decided to get it. Because they're tied to quests, many of the more interesting rewards are not a part of the random tables. Even when you get an Exotic from a NF, chances are pretty high it's a refreshed Y1 piece you could have just gotten from the Blueprints kiosk.

All in all, if you're in a part with friends there's no reason for not doing the NF. It's 15 minutes and heck, why not. But it's definitely not something I think is worth looking for people to run with like it was a Raid or something.

It's a slightly harder Strike with a small chance of giving you something worthwhile. With matchmaking I'd say sure. As is? Meh.

anx10us

Banned
I'm on the exotic sword quest, I already have the Arc Edge Legendary sword, what materials am I supposed to farm (and where) for the quest, the information is contradictory ?

phen0m24

I have to kill 2 champs on mars, haven't unlocked FE on my alt yet.

Also have to do the entire Taken wars on my titan, so I'm up for that as well.

DJ I haven't completed all the quest lines on my lock so if I can help you and weyard I will.

Home in about 2 hours
unless I get kidnapped for lunch - my family doesn't understand that I have a GAF family too hehe

3oC basically negates the purpose of running 3x nightfall.

Nightfall should be account wide like heroic and dailies and award guaranteed exotic drop or engram. DO IT BUNGIE!

I'm on the exotic sword quest, I already have the Arc Edge Legendary sword, what materials am I supposed to farm (and where) for the quest, the information is contradictory ?

have you done the 50 majors and 25 pvp kills?

for arc you have to farm spinmetal on earth

DJ I haven't completed all the quest lines on my lock so if I can help you and weyard I will.

Home in about 2 hours
unless I get kidnapped for lunch - my family doesn't understand that I have a GAF family too hehe

sure thing

Kyoufu

The quest description says which material formation you need to farm. For Arc, it's Spinmetal.

Top Bottom