• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

X-Frame

Max Touch of Malice got.
Solar Exotic Sword got.
Legendary 295 Arc Sword Got.
Planning to do the exotic quest three times on my Warlock.

Farmed about 25 Hadium flakes on my hunter in about an hour this morning...

So as far as I can telll and as far as we know I only need to farm another 25 more Hadium flakes on my hunter in my life... And then never again... Until the next time Bungie throws out something horrible like flake resource farming.

Deku, did you use the matchmaking to get your exotic sword (Darkblade strike) or did you group up with GAF/friends?

phen0m24

3oC basically negates the purpose of running 3x nightfall.

Nightfall should be account wide like heroic and dailies and award guaranteed exotic drop or engram. DO IT BUNGIE!

Agree with every bit of this

What if in the NF loot table it dropped quests for weapons you could only get from NF?

Like it would drop the first part or "carrot" and the quest, along with coins or ToC or something

Thoughts (probably not much different from every other quest line and then it becomes RNG)

Oh well

LTWood12

Somebody's going to have to explain this blueberry thing to me.

Randoms. Their names are blue when on your team but not in your fireteam.

pUCgNEt.jpg

Thanks guys. Hunger Pangs opens up when I get 15 fragments right? Do I need to do that before stepping foot in the raid?

Other than completing it do need to do anything else special when I'm going through KF?

Yup, 15 fragments unlock the first Hunger Pangs. You can finish that quest chain afterward, as long as you have The Old Hunger before going into the raid you should be golden.

Not Touch of Malice related, but completing all the Taken War quests opens up The Road to King's Fall, which requires beating the raid as the last step and rewards you with a 310 artifact.

So I'm to the part of "the old hunger" quest that requires you to collect an item from each boss. I have not however finished all the taken war stuff, so I don't have "the road to kings fall." Does Touch of Malice require both of these?

You don't need the road to kings fall I don't think. Just the 3 raid items, 45 fragments, 50 flakes, the special version of Promethean Code.

noomi

Hadium Flakes.... never again. Got it all.

Will finish up the arc sword next week, just because I'm a little scared to hand both solar and arc quests...... y'know glitches n' stuff....

For now, exotic void and solar sword will do fine :D

3oC basically negates the purpose of running 3x nightfall.

Nightfall should be account wide like heroic and dailies and award guaranteed exotic drop or engram. DO IT BUNGIE!

Lol now that is a bit far, guaranteed exotics should only be from quests. I still think they should lock all of them behind quests, but I know that is an unpopular opinion.

Klyka

Banned
Ugh fuck the stupid fragments for Touch of Malice.
I am missing 6.
3 of them are in the fucking raid which I never ever seem to get checkpoints for.
2 of them are random tier 2 CoO fights. Yay.
And 1 is exclusive to darkblade nightfall (WTF??) and the other is exclusive to a tier 3 CoO boss.

Come oooooon.

ocean

Banned
NF would be relevant and worth doing if:

- They removed Strange Coins, Motes of Light, 3 of Coins from the loot table
- Legendary gear was guaranteed to drop at 290+ (even then it would usually be instant Marks but whatever)
- It paid some Marks and decent amount of rep like before

But finding a group takes longer than the damn strike after Tuesday's and chances are all too high you'll get garbage.

Torn between levelling an alt or grinding strikes going to get an upgrade for my sniper or ghost.

This is where I miss being able to target a specific slot as opposed to rng.

Ugh fuck the stupid fragments for Touch of Malice.
I am missing 6.
3 of them are in the fucking raid which I never ever seem to get checkpoints for.
2 of them are random tier 2 CoO fights. Yay.
And 1 is exclusive to darkblade nightfall (WTF??) and the other is exclusive to a tier 3 CoO boss.

Come oooooon.

Yeah Im missing the nightfall and the tier 3 boss one also. Complete bullshit to make it tied to a specific Nightfall like that. When's the next time it's going to be the nightfall?? It could be ages.

Also missing a tier 2 CoO which is another bullshit one since you have to get the specific bosses. Why?? It gives you a chance to fuck up and lose your rune. Or you can screw over everyone else and wipe if it's not the bosses you wanted. Either way it's just dumb.

Deku Tree

Deku, did you use the matchmaking to get your exotic sword (Darkblade strike) or did you group up with GAF/friends?

If you do it with MM, then check the element of their swords and invite them to party chat. If they don't accept invitation then quit and try again.

It's easy to do with three of the same sword element because you can kill the other two wardens. It's much harder with two sword elements because you have two wardens attacking you. Seems like it would be awful with three different sword elements.

I did it with someone that I met doing CoO with Ruthless, and we matched in with someone who joined our party chat. We had to keep the arc and solar warden alive until the end and it was a pain. It seems hard to get groups in GAF to do the sword strike. It's a 300 light strike.

You basically have to get Darkblade down to very low health. Then kill your warden. Then kill Darkblade.

The 50 Flakes requirement comes after beating Oryx in the Raid I'm pretty sure.

I've not done the full raid yet so I was just speculating. I have the quest for the 3 item drops and still haven't gotten the road to kings fall quest because I haven't bothered to do Fears Embrace yet.

MrDaravon

Lol now that is a bit far, guaranteed exotics should only be from quests. I still think they should lock all of them behind quests, but I know that is an unpopular opinion.

The problem right now though is that Nightfalls are crap for most people. I've only seen an exotic drop in maybe 20-30% of the Nightfalls I've helped people with for anyone, and combined with no longer getting the XP buff which was really the main reason to do them, Nightfalls are kinda shit right now. I mean I'd still do it just to do it, but there's no really compelling incentive anymore, I average more loot doing Heroic strikes.

I've not done the full raid yet so I was just speculating. I have the quest for the 3 item drops and still haven't gotten the road to kings fall quest because I haven't bothered to do Fears Embrace yet.

Do it, then you'll have two quests that both require you to finish the raid.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Are there any ways to find out which fragments you've gotten? I already did the hunger pang quest during my first raid so I have at least 15.

ocean

Banned
Yeah Im missing the nightfall and the tier 3 boss one also. Complete bullshit to make it tied to a specific Nightfall like that. When's the next time it's going to be the nightfall?? It could be ages.

Also missing a tier 2 CoO which is another bullshit one since you have to get the specific bosses. Why?? It gives you a chance to fuck up and lose your rune. Or you can screw over everyone else and wipe if it's not the bosses you wanted. Either way it's just dumb.
Just grab a friend and pop runes / abandon till you get the Tier 2s you need. Only takes like 20 minutes. Plus, CoO with a Fireteam is pretty fun sword everything everywhere hype.

You need 45, 44 of which are currently available (of the 46 discovered, 1 was tied to last week's Tier 3 and another to last week's Nightfall).

In 2 days a 47th Fragment will have been made available (Balwûr, Tier 3 CoO). So assuming you did this week's Tier 3, you'll be able to complete the quest on Tuesday even if you missed 2 last week.

Deku Tree

Are there any ways to find out which fragments you've gotten? I already did the hunger pang quest during my first raid so I have at least 15.

Grimoire shows account wide fragments.
Director in dreadnaught shows how many fragments your toon has (says like 15/50).
No in game or on Internet way to know exactly which ones each toon picked up unfortunately... Just need to remember yourself...

The problem right now though is that Nightfalls are crap for most people. I've only seen an exotic drop in maybe 20-30% of the Nightfalls I've helped people with for anyone, and combined with no longer getting the XP buff which was really the main reason to do them, Nightfalls are kinda shit right now. I mean I'd still do it just to do it, but there's no really compelling incentive anymore, I average more loot doing Heroic strikes.

Yeah I guess I am used to doing something and not getting a top tier reward everytime from my Wow days. I just think the exotic economy is to easy and it's gotten to the point where people won't run Nightfalls unless they have a high chance of getting an exotic.

maomaoIYP

How do you know? I think it's impossible to reach rank four before his gun bounties reset...

I've reached rank 4. One step of the shaxx PvP longass quest comes from banshee. Completion gave me a shitload of reputation and pushed me into rank 4.
edit: He did give me a Hakke bullethose auto rifle. Max rof, close to max stability with braced frame.
CP6ldanUcAA6wBi.jpg:large

MrDaravon

Yeah I guess I am used to doing something and not getting a top tier reward everytime from my Wow days. I just think the exotic economy is to easy and it's gotten to the point where people won't run Nightfalls unless they have a high chance of getting an exotic.

Yeah but I'm not even talking about exotics, most of the time people aren't even getting legendaries. Doing a Nightfall, especially when it's a hard one, for 10 coins and nothing else isn't really worth the time spent. And especially by the end of vanilla Destiny I think most folks were doing the Nightfall much more for the 20% XP bonus rather than anything. I came back to Destiny about 2.5 months before TTK came out, did the Nightfall x3 every week and I think I only ever got 3 exotics. They need to buff drop rates, or maybe do something like make a stack of 5-10 3oC a possible reward, or something.

Deku Tree

I've reached rank 4. One step of the shaxx PvP longass quest comes from banshee. Completion gave me a shitload of reputation and pushed me into rank 4.
edit: He did give me a Hakke bullethose auto rifle. Max rof, max stability with braced frame.
CP6ldanUcAA6wBi.jpg:large

Oh I'm avoiding the PvP quest from Shaxx... Did you collect at least four of the relics that look like pocket infinity and turned them in for rep?

EL CUCO

Anybody want to run through a few heroic strikes? I need about 5 to complete this D.O. exotic class item quest chain.

Edit: RL came up

Yeah but I'm not even talking about exotics, most of the time people aren't even getting legendaries. Doing a Nightfall, especially when it's a hard one, for 10 coins and nothing else isn't really worth the time spent. And especially by the end of vanilla Destiny I think most folks were doing the Nightfall much more for the 20% XP bonus rather than anything. I came back to Destiny about 2.5 months before TTK came out, did the Nightfall x3 every week and I think I only ever got 3 exotics. They need to buff drop rates, or maybe do something like make a stack of 5-10 3oC a possible reward, or something.

Well 5 3oC is a reward and the Nightfall buff has been amalgamated into the rep system by the faction pledging and being able to rapidly level gear with Motes.

Top Bottom