• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

Hey, FinFanatic

Fuck. You.

You purposely stayed behind in both Echo Chamber and Undying Mind. You kept fucking dying in Echo Chamber, refusing to shoot the Restorative Mind. Why do you think me and the other guy left your ass back near that hydra? I was so damn happy to see you get kicked out midway through Undying Mind.

X-Frame

Does anyone need the last exotic sword Darkblade strike? It's light 300, I am 302.

Would love to do this strike with GAF as opposed to matchmaking randoms. Send me a PSN message or just a FR if you're interested at any point today: PSN X-Frame.

Namikaze1

Now to do 5 Heroic Strikes. Please don't be Undying Mind or Echo Chamber. I'll take fucking Omnigul at this point.

I'm kidding about that last part. Don't give me Omnigul.

noomi

Morning DGAF!

Story missions done on all 3 characters, taken wars finished on hunter and titan. Just need taken wars on my lock, and to get the arc sword and I'm done with all that silly stuff!

Oh... also someone on reddit claims to have found the quest for sleeper simulant. Source

Morning DGAF!

Story missions done on all 3 characters, taken wars finished on hunter and titan. Just need taken wars on my lock, and to get the arc sword and I'm done with all that silly stuff!

Oh... also someone on reddit claims to have found the quest for sleeper simulant. Source

I really hope not, I'm trying to have a day off from the game today :d

Jinjo

Someone says on YT to get mauls gauntlets you have to kill the other brother first (ariel rockets), will try my best to do that but it may be hard. Maul is always the first to die in my strikes...

I can attest that drizzle got his Maul gauntlets when we killed the rockets guy first yeah.

noomi

I really hope not, I'm trying to have a day off from the game today :d

I hear ya man, today's a busy day for me. If something is found, I hope I can get on tonight and spend a few hours trying to get it.

Day is just getting started... we'll see how this plays out.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A little throwback to pre nerf days: solo Crota's End in 12 minutes and 11 seconds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ecEgKFl3Wu0

Slayerage is a goddamn beast. And so was Black Hammer :p

I remember his 2-man Heroic VoG back when full teams still struggled with it. Or his most recent solo Spindle run.

I like to think I'm really good at PvE then I see his stuff and reconsider life.

His spindle run was pure razor's edge shit.

I have 160 legendary marks and my characters are all over 300. I don't know what to buy. Any recommended weapons? I want to spend these before I hit the 200 cap

DY_nasty

I have 160 legendary marks and my characters are all over 300. I don't know what to buy. Any recommended weapons? I want to spend these before I hit the 200 cap
Start min/maxing legendary armors for different builds.

That's where I'm at now and its ugh - but I need to be able to run a maxed golden gun one minute and maxed strength nightstalker the next :|

MrDaravon

Should have posted that I already have one. I knew this would be a popular answer. Only weapon I'm missing is a good shotty.

I haven't looked into it myself but as far as vendor weapons outside of the Hung Jury I've seen people here and on Reddit specifically recommend the FWC Hand Cannon, FWC Rocket Launcher, and NM Shotgun. Maybe worth looking into.

Shito

Ok NF doesn't cause a boot to orbit anymore... And it's easy... So why would anyone need to cheese it? Seriously???
That Warsat segment is neither easy nor fun.
My solution is to just skip this NF, though: the loot table has gone to bullshit status anyways.

Deku Tree

Max Touch of Malice got.
Solar Exotic Sword got.
Legendary 295 Arc Sword Got.
Planning to do the exotic quest three times on my Warlock.

Farmed about 25 Hadium flakes on my hunter in about an hour this morning...

So as far as I can telll and as far as we know I only need to farm another 25 more Hadium flakes on my hunter in my life... And then never again... Until the next time Bungie throws out something horrible like flake resource farming.

I haven't looked into it myself but as far as vendor weapons outside of the Hung Jury I've seen people here and on Reddit specifically recommend the FWC Hand Cannon, FWC Rocket Launcher, and NM Shotgun. Maybe worth looking into.
Thank you. I think I'm gonna roll with the NM shotgun

phen0m24

What's up DGAF? Ok so I'm certainly certain that you're already ready on all alts to raid.

Just got my warlock to 293. Yes, Todd, the warlock. Got warlock?

All that spewed, anyone raiding later? Need some fragments and stuff. Plus, Dat Ghost shell.

Hugs and teabags for the lot of you

PS: New Monarchy shotgun hype

Shito

Good to know that the entire loot table is terrible two weeks into the DLC
I don't quite know how to read this answer: is that supposed to be snarky? ^^
I'm not the only one stating how NF's loot table is now so diluted that it's hardly worth running it anymore, especially since they got rid of the xp and rep buff.

DY_nasty

Ok NF doesn't cause a boot to orbit anymore... And it's easy... So why would anyone need to cheese it? Seriously???

People get rekt by Warsat lol

I personally love how they ramped up PvE in year 2 so far. Usually you'd only get that kind of challenge in a raid. Now there are regular story mode missions giving people the business. The first part of S.A.B.E.R. is rough - like, you can't just stand there and shoot it out. Its not outrageous bullshit either because if Bungie wanted it to be, then it'd be arcburn instead of void burn. Only time you're outright surrounded is if you're not killing anything at a decent rate. By the time the second wave hits from behind, the first should be entirely clear. The third should barely have enough time to hit the ground before the objective is complete.

The tools are there. You just gotta be aggressive in taking on mobs now. Those Fallen ships show up, blow the turret up. You know snipers are coming in the second wave. Prioritize fucking their shit up because they get settled in. Telesto. Rockets. Supers. All that.

The first part is the only difficult segment in that entire mission. The boss can be melted before even the second platform shift.

What's up DGAF? Ok so I'm certainly certain that you're already ready on all alts to raid.

Just got my warlock to 293. Yes, Todd, the warlock. Got warlock?

All that spewed, anyone raiding later? Need some fragments and stuff. Plus, Dat Ghost shell.

Hugs and teabags for the lot of you

PS: New Monarchy shotgun hype

If I can finish up this taken war questline (on the Mars step right now) I'll join you for some raiding. I want that 310 artifact

I don't quite know how to read this answer: is that supposed to be snarky? ^^
I'm not the only one stating how NF's loot table is now so diluted that it's hardly worth running it anymore, especially since they got rid of the xp and rep buff.

I just don't know how you can make statements about its dilution on such a small sample size. Plus with the addition of specif types of Burn and armour buff gear in the game it would be in players best interests to start refining their gear and the Nightfall, no matter how 'diluted' the loot table is, provides and opportunity to possibly acquire a piece of gear that could cost between 75-120 marks. Plus it is a pretty quick way to get a near guaranteed useful item, whether for infusion, actual use or cosmetic, it just surprises me that people would stop running it based upon 2 weeks of loot drops.

Top Bottom