• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Wallach

I'm jelly. Firefly makes it near godly.

Unfortunately that perk can cause a random crash right now, but it's only hit me once thankfully. Otherwise yeah, having a PR with Firefly is wicked. Reload is tolerable compared to most of the raid weapons. Just wish it had a unique firing sound.

Tecnniqe

Banned
the 3oC nerf has been significant, I have been running strikes and heroics, the darn thing is costly. 1 out of 8 to the point of 1 out of 10

I agree. The overall yield of exotic engrams even doing strikes dont match the Draksis farm method per coin used. Ive used about 80 this week and got maybe a handfull of engrams, while 30 running draksis gave me a room full.

There is something more to this.

Also for the love of god stop giving me special engrams, 9 out of 10 engrams is special. I ALREADY GOT EVERYTHING 310 IN SPECIAL!

Future

Unfortunately that perk can cause a random crash right now, but it's only hit me once thankfully. Otherwise yeah, having a PR with Firefly is wicked. Reload is tolerable compared to most of the raid weapons. Just wish it had a unique firing sound.

So that perk breaks all guns? I thought I was just the vanity because of the luck in the chamber proc

Kalamari

the 3oC nerf has been significant, I have been running strikes and heroics, the darn thing is costly. 1 out of 8 to the point of 1 out of 10

Honestly I don't know why people were crying for a nerf. The fact that stats are randomized makes the majority of exotic armor pretty lackluster. Sure, you are getting an exotic, buuuuuut is it even worth keeping?

Wallach

So that perk breaks all guns? I thought I was just the vanity because of the luck in the chamber proc

Seems so, though like I said I use it constantly and I've only crashed once. Every once in a while I'll proc Firefly and see like 15 explosions go off visually, so something is screwy with it right now.

Mindlog

Fear's Embrace - Touch of Malice version was fantastic. The encounter is difficult with lots of little mechanics thrown in to keep you on your toes. My favorite single player mission yet. Had to refine my strat a couple of times to complete it. Telesto two shot orbs. Switched from HMG to sword to deal with Minotaurs and Wizards. That kind of thing.

5/5

Finally bought the Dead Orbit scout rifle. Smaller clip and slightly less range than my Suros scout rifle, but those perks are top tier. Will keep and upgrade both. I like the Suros sound better.

Honestly I don't know why people were crying for a nerf. The fact that stats are randomized makes the majority of exotic armor pretty lackluster. Sure, you are getting an exotic, buuuuuut is it even worth keeping?

not only is the 3oC nerf bad, but Bungie lied about duplicates.

I always gets dupes, always. Dupes, dupes. dupes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah 3oC has been shit since the nerf, really really bad droprates for me, feels like 1 in 10 or so. With strange coins being as plentiful as they are I wonder if it isn't more beneficial to go back to the old farming method - maybe not as efficient in terms of coins spent per exotic, but in terms of time per exotic, almost certainly.

todd360

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me kill two taken bosses on Mars patrol?

I wish I didn't have to ask for help with something so boring, but its hard to consistently get kills yourself when they leave so fast.

Mupod

JADsT6O.gif

in other news, I literally just finished my very first Crucible match as my Sunbreaker and did great. I have practically nothing in the subclass unlocked and I'm wearing greens + my warlock's old weapons. Hammer of Sol is about as bullshit from the giving end as I expected it to be, I had no idea the hammers tracked and had proximity detonation. So stupid. But if you can't beat em, join em.

Ditters

I am looking to get a fireteam of 6 going for anyone that wants to speed up their exotic sword crucible 25 kills. Anyone interested in getting sworded to death? Gergr123

rc213

So finally finished the Raid in 2 different runs, Man it's marvelous. Everybody is involved, I love it even though it is frustrating at times. Man does it test peoples patience...

Got the Scout, Auto, Heavy Machine Gun and Chest Piece.

Are the Scout and Auto worth keeping?

Great Sunday, Got the Raid Done, 3 Exotic Swords done and Just need Fears Embrace for Touch of Malice. If anyone is on that step I'll be on around 4pm PST hopefully.

the210

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me kill two taken bosses on Mars patrol?

I wish I didn't have to ask for help with something so boring, but its hard to consistently get kills yourself when they leave so fast.

I'm up for it. it seems like TTK isn't nearly as solo friendly as year one. that sucks for us folks who mostly play alone.

Ryck

I agree. The overall yield of exotic engrams even doing strikes dont match the Draksis farm method per coin used. Ive used about 80 this week and got maybe a handfull of engrams, while 30 running draksis gave me a room full.

Also for the love of god stop giving me special engrams, 9 out of 10 engrams is special. I ALREADY GOT EVERYTHING 310 IN SPECIAL!
Everything 310? How did you do that Raid Gear + Spindle?

I'm not sure if the middle three-choice tier is variable on it (I'm currently using Hand Loaded in that column), but the last one which I know has 4 different rolls is Firefly.

Only the last, far right perk is variable. The rest including the scopes and middle tree are static.

What are the 4 Pulse perks? I've only seen Life Support, Firefly and I think something about when there are multiple enemies nearby.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's crazy how much personal preference figures into this stuff even now; I seriously cannot stand the smite of merain. I would love a pulse with firefly though.

P44

On the other hand ive used 8 and gotten 3 thus far.

oSoLucky

Only the last, far right perk is variable. The rest including the scopes and middle tree are static.

What are the 4 Pulse perks? I've only seen Life Support, Firefly and I think something about when there are multiple enemies nearby.

Mine has Glass Half Full.

^ooh GHF sounds nice. Not sure which one I'd like better for PvP. I forget how much damage buff that perk gives.

Hep much longer are we spoiler tagging the raid? Anyways, I have so much fun [raid spoilers]
running the relic in the oryx fight. So good.

2 weeks from its launch (next Friday) or the next OT, whichever comes first.

Unless some Spindle 2.0 madness hits we'll probably be towards the end of this OT by next Friday.

Top Bottom