• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

P44

Why does my legendary gear have such worse attack/defense values than my blues? I really don't understand what Bungie's trying to do with this new gear system. It's taking so long to gear up.

Also, some exotics have much better values than others. What is going on? Seems like an artificial way to extend the game. "Oh well your Saint 14 is 310 but mine is 280, guess I gotta go get another Saint 14 and hope it's 310. Gotta play Destiny for 4000 hours to have nice things!" I was feeling good about the Hawkmoon I just bought from Xur but now I see it's only 280 attack. Fuuuuuuuuuuu

always was there tbh

rolls on gear differ remember

SpecX

JADsT6O.gif

in other news, I literally just finished my very first Crucible match as my Sunbreaker and did great. I have practically nothing in the subclass unlocked and I'm wearing greens + my warlock's old weapons. Hammer of Sol is about as bullshit from the giving end as I expected it to be, I had no idea the hammers tracked and had proximity detonation. So stupid. But if you can't beat em, join em.
That glitch definitely needs to be fixed to reduce the amount of hammers, but this is the super Titans needed and I'm not complaining one bit. Titans were completely screwed over and this redeems the year of only ground smashing or useless bubbles in PvP matches.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I am looking to get a fireteam of 6 going for anyone that wants to speed up their exotic sword crucible 25 kills. Anyone interested in getting sworded to death? Gergr123

you can do that? I'm down if so, in a little bit.

MrDaravon

it's crazy how much personal preference figures into this stuff even now; I seriously cannot stand the smite of merain. I would love a pulse with firefly though.

Yeah, I'm fine with pulse rifles but I find the SoM to be so-so. I got Cocoon and Glass Half Full on mine, apparently SoM can have 4 possible rolls/configurations so I don't know if people are getting better ones or what.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That glitch definitely needs to be fixed to reduce the amount of hammers, but this is the super Titans needed and I'm not complaining one bit. Titans were completely screwed over and this redeems the year of only ground smashing or useless bubbles in PvP matches.
I am. It's as OP as I predicted it would be in Crucible. It's fine for PvE of course but just "overcorrecting for past slights as a class" doesn't justify how much better it is.

If nothing else the intensive damage resistance should just be removed for crucible so you have to be smart about using it. Currently if you come across one it's fight and die- often even if you yourself have a super- or run and die.
Same I was even thinking of infusing it into DO Hung Jury as I hate how it looks.
To me all of the raid weaponry except the LMG is just... gross. So universally unappealing it kind of blows my mind a little bit.

Touch of Malice is gorgeous though.
Yeah, I'm fine with pulse rifles but I find the SoM to be so-so. I got Cocoon and Glass Half Full on mine, apparently SoM can have 4 possible rolls/configurations so I don't know if people are getting better ones or what.
That's the roll I got. It's a pretty good one for a pulse but I just don't like the weapon. the sights really kind of throw me off.

edit: Cocoon is admittedly a wonderful and clever perk for a raid set.

SeanR1221

I dunno I've had good results with the 3oC this week. I even got the celestial nighthawk yesterday so now I've gotten every hunter helmet from 3oc drops.

squadr0n

Any groups on PS4 doing the Raid today (Or NightFall), save me a spot/send me an invite if you need another player. Havent done this raid yet but have done the other 2 a shit ton. So if you dont mind having a first timer send me an invite! I also have the Quest at the Kings Fall Raid to do.

PSN: sQuadon
Light Level 290 Warlock

MrDaravon

That's the roll I got. It's a pretty good one for a pulse but I just don't like the weapon. the sights really kind of throw me off.

edit: Cocoon is admittedly a wonderful and clever perk for a raid set.

Yeah, it's not terrible but I just don't really like how it feels all that much, also not a fan of the sights. I also got the Hand Cannon and Fusion Rifle from the Raid and don't really like either one. The HC is okay but the reload is ridiculous on it, and I hate the FR but the one I got was only 300 so it's not really even worth infusing it yet (all of my weapons rolled minimum or near minimum).

Why do people go AFK ? Are there actually people who continue the dungeon if there is one guy AFK? Fuck, if I am seeing a guy AFK I am the fuck out, sorry other guy who is not AFK.

And fuck the AFK guy.

Edit: Fuck Bungie too for not being able to add a kick function and a penalty for those guys.

P44

I am. It's as OP as I predicted it would be in Crucible. It's fine for PvE of course but just "overcorrecting for past slights as a class" doesn't justify how much better it is.

If nothing else the intensive damage resistance should just be removed for crucible so you have to be smart about using it. Currently if you come across one it's fight and die- often even if you yourself have a super- or run and die.

Honestly, it just feels like arcblade to me. You can maybe take down an arcblading bladedancer, but lets be honest, 9 times out of 10 you're fucked and the sensible thing to do is just to run. I guess my problem is outside of that, Subreaker hardly has a captivating neutral game. Incendiaries are alright, but nothing to base your gameplay around, meanwhile the nightstalker is a gadget-man of epic proportions. The whole point of the class to me seems to be, acquire super, push for 30 seconds, then go back to acquiring super. They can be brought down, I've brought down a few myself using snipers, but yeah i'd just deny the super any kills rather than fuss around trying to counter it. I mean this isn't Golden Gun where it can kill from massive, range, you've vaguely got to be close to the action for the majority of it, its not very feasible to take armour away from it entirely.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people go AFK ? Are there actually people who continue the dungeon if there is one guy AFK? Fuck, if I am seeing a guy AFK I am the fuck out, sorry other guy who is not AFK.

And fuck the AFK guy.

Edit: Fuck Bungie too for not being able to add a kick function and a penalty for those guys.

9 times out of 10 I'm faster than everyone else anyway because I skip everything humanly possible on Easy strikes, and once I get to the boss the others get teleported to me and tend to help out. Not a fan of these strike designs where it's possible and even encouraged to skip most of the combat. This is one of the reasons I think Taniks may be my favorite strike - as soon as you board the Ketch there really isn't anything skippable.

todd360

I'm up for it. it seems like TTK isn't nearly as solo friendly as year one. that sucks for us folks who mostly play alone.

Sorry. Didn't see your post until now. I was able to pull it off. I got lucky. There were actually people on patrol helping this time.

SkylineRKR

And fuck the AFK guy.

I don't get it. The game eventually kicked AFK players during 1.0, even taping your controller didn't work anymore at some point. But here I see those guys not leaving at all?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just solo the undying mind hunger pang. That took forever. 279 kills and many of them were majors.

I think I may have skipped the giving her 50 flakes part. For some reason I did old hunger well before the bunker part. Now I did the undying part and it looks like I have to get the rest of the fragments now.

RexNovis

Banned
Honestly, it just feels like arcblade to me. You can maybe take down an arcblading bladedancer, but lets be honest, 9 times out of 10 you're fucked and the sensible thing to do is just to run. I guess my problem is outside of that, Subreaker hardly has a captivating neutral game. Incendiaries are alright, but nothing to base your gameplay around, meanwhile the nightstalker is a gadget-man of epic proportions. The whole point of the class to me seems to be, acquire super, push for 30 seconds, then go back to acquiring super. They can be brought down, I've brought down a few myself using snipers, but yeah i'd just deny the super any kills rather than fuss around trying to counter it.

Melting point is AMAZING in PVE. In fact so much so it's worth holding on to a full super to double your Helene charge rate. It has a tendency to burn the hell out of bosses so long as all in the party focus fire whenever it's up. Hands down best trick in the sun breaker Arsenal

And fuck the AFK guy.

Unfortunately this has always been an issue. There's no excuse for this kind of crap. Either leave the strike or play it, but don't take a spot. You can report these guys for inactivity but I don't know how much that helps. Bungie has also made it so you only get loot if you damage the boss in hopes of stopping this behavior, but this was obviously not completely successful. Your best option ends up being playing through strikes with gaffers.

I need the first fragment in the raid i'm at 44/50 right now so if anyone has the CP or would not mind me joining for a sec to get it that would be great.

k1t4j

Is anyone going to do a run of the raid anytime soon on PS4?

I haven't done it before and I am very interested in grabbing the calcified fragments there (41/50 currently)

My warlock is 296 and is getting hard getting past this point with no raid gear :(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I need the first fragment in the raid i'm at 44/50 right now so if anyone has the CP or would not mind me joining for a sec to get it that would be great.

Is it the one right after the first boss? That's the last one I need as well =\

Strider

Am I the only one who doesn't care about ToM because it's ugly as fuck? do not want lol

You crazy :p

It's the most interesting exotic they've made yet IMO and it's cool as hell how the orb in the middle reacts when you shoot and when you only have that 1 shot left. It looks way better when you're using it than just looking at images that's for sure. Plus it's gonna make heroic raid easier...

Strider

Exotic sword quest is definitely a longer grind-step.

Easily. The flakes were boring but it really didnt take that long.

And the extra 30 you need to upgrade the Malice dont seem that bad because you actually have the Malice to test while you're off searching for chests.

Namikaze1

2 primary exotic engrams, 2 special exotic engrams, and 1 exotic gloves engram from ToC today across 20 strikes. A shit ton of blues and roughly 15 legendary engrams. A good haul.

Thanks for the strike run, guys! :)

Top Bottom