• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

The good thing about ToM is that even if it does become an LFG required weapon then everyone can get it. You don't have to grind every week and pray to RNGesus.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think ToM looks amazing. like an ancient and dangerous artifact that merely happens to be functional as a gun.

Add me, KC_Darkness. I'll be running a group of friends in a couple hours and we'll need 1, maybe 2. That isis, if you don't mind killing the Ds again.

Not a problem, they are a quick boss fight once everything's figured out. I'll add you once I get back to the PS4.

P44

Guys, if I haven't started the exotic sword quest on my titan, can I transfer the sword to my Warlock and do it on the Warlock?

Because fuck 500 void kills with a defender.

Fuck it.

Frenden

Banned
Anyone else using Ace of Spades in PvP?

I've had great luck in Crucible with Ace. I had a Mark of the Unbroken in my second match--I've only gotten four ever, so I think that speaks fairly highly of the gun.

The "best" perk for me was a counterintuitive choice. Foregoing Perfect Balance for the range additive Reinforced Barrel made the gun effective at far longer ranges than any hand cannon I've used in PvP so far. Without Reinforced Barrel the Ace is already at the same range as Hawkmoon. With RB, it can engage at scout rifle-type distances. Stability is not a huge concern. The recoil pattern is very manageable. Your sights will largely have reset by the time the gun is ready to shoot again anyhow.

It may end up just being my personal preference and not a tip that carries over to all, but using Reinforced Barrel on Ace of Spades gave the gun the sort of range that I'd become accustomed to pre-hand cannon nerf. Additionally, I sorta wonder if the guns have a hidden shooting while airborne stat that differs between them. I land a lot of mid-air shots with the Ace that previously I'd either had to have been wearing Nighthawk (with its inbuilt Ikarus perk) or using a gun with Ikarus.

Ace feels like the Jewel, Hawkmoon, and Fatebringer had a baby--if you used Reinforced Barrel. I love it. It's my go-to for Crucible hand cannon-wise.

Namikaze1

Holy shit!

Got a 310 Jade Rabbit, 290 Suros Regime, and a 310 Telesto from the last 3 exotic engrams I had.

Ice-Cube-Today-Was-a-Good-Day.gif

Strider

It may end up just being my personal preference and not a tip that carries over to all, but using Reinforced Barrel on Ace of Spades gave the gun the sort of range that I'd become accustomed to pre-hand cannon nerf.

This excites me.

I'll be able to get the gun next week. Can't wait.

todd360

Let's start a crucible train! I'll play any gametype. Just want some DGAF people instead of randoms so I'll have a higher chance of racking up wins.

Strider

I only just realized that I got a 310 Titan armor piece before I got a 310 hunter armor piece...

I've only played Hunter this expansion :/

Is a mic a requirement for most raid groups? ;-;

Old post but wanted to mention that mics are not required, but you should definitely be able to hear the communications. The old raids especially are so well known now that very little talking is needed. The new raid is a different story since most people aren't comfortable enough with it yet to risk communication issues. That said, I've done literally everything in this game with mic-less Guardians so it's not a deal breaker if people either can't talk or prefer not to talk. Not everyone is comfortable with that so it's up to the group to decide.

It's not about looks, it's about how it utterly breaks several encounters.

I know what you're referring to but I don't really understand how it breaks them. I've two cycled the Sisters before without ToM and a normal run is still only 3 cycles. I don't know how it breaks anything on Oryx since that's still 4 cycles minimum and getting Doxology staggers with snipers is simple. I just got my ToM and maxed it out so I'll definitely give it a spin next raid but I don't see anything game breaking. It's nice to save sniper ammo at least but I have synth for that.

Jafku

Let's start a crucible train! I'll play any gametype. Just want some DGAF people instead of randoms so I'll have a higher chance of racking up wins.
You doing Elimination? I need 4 more wins in that. PSN Jafku
edit: I can do control as well

Tovarisc

I know what you're referring to but I don't really understand how it breaks them. I've two cycled the Sisters before without ToM and a normal run is still only 3 cycles. I don't know how it breaks anything on Oryx since that's still 4 cycles minimum and getting Doxology staggers with snipers is simple. I just got my ToM and maxed it out so I'll definitely give it a spin next raid but I don't see anything game breaking. It's nice to save sniper ammo at least but I have synth for that.

Breaking is maybe wrong word, but it makes certain parts purely trivial thanks to no reload. Just hold down the trigger and win.

Just need to do the Antiquated Rune CoO but i dont habe it, anyone willing to share? :p

PSN: mocolos_usa

If you need it for the fragment then it has to be your own rune. If you need it for the CoO quest then yeah, it can be anyone's. I have a couple but can't get online now. I assume someone else will be able to help you out in the meantime but if not hit me up later if you still need it.

If you need it for the fragment then it has to be your own rune. If you need it for the CoO quest then yeah, it can be anyone's. I have a couple but can't get online now. I assume someone else will be able to help you out in the meantime but if not hit me up later if you still need it.

It's for the quest, not the fragment.

I'll be around for a couple of hours :)

Namikaze1

Taking a well deserved break. I'll be up for anything later on. Say 2-3 hours. Need to charge my DS4. No more strikes with randoms for me.

Wallach

Only the last, far right perk is variable. The rest including the scopes and middle tree are static.

What are the 4 Pulse perks? I've only seen Life Support, Firefly and I think something about when there are multiple enemies nearby.

I only remember Life Support, Firefly and Glass Half Full. Don't recall the last one.

ocean

Banned
Breaking is maybe wrong word, but it makes certain parts purely trivial thanks to no reload. Just hold down the trigger and win.
The two situations where shooting ToM is ultra effective happen to both be against targets which aren't moving at all. Hitting them with a sniper is not hard. This feels cool but I don't think it's an unfair advantage or anything like that vs. someone with a good 300+ sniper tbh

Dawg

Old post but wanted to mention that mics are not required, but you should definitely be able to hear the communications. The old raids especially are so well known now that very little talking is needed. The new raid is a different story since most people aren't comfortable enough with it yet to risk communication issues. That said, I've done literally everything in this game with mic-less Guardians so it's not a deal breaker if people either can't talk or prefer not to talk. Not everyone is comfortable with that so it's up to the group to decide.

Thanks for this post. It's not that I'm uncomfortable but I don't like the headset that comes with the PS4 and I don't feel like buying a headset just for this game ;o

ocean

Banned
FWC folks may dress like clowns, but you gotta hand it to them: their loot is sweet.

I pledged FWC to clear my capped marks with the Rocket Launcher. Turns out I was edged with them in pre TTK hype. So I give them a Mote.

Rank up -> got the RL.

I'm almost done with the vendors!

So far I replaced my Hung Jury and 1000 Yard Stare drops with the Vendor versions for superior perks. I've also gotten my Hunter a full Dead Orbit armor set between drops and purchases, and my Titan a full Crucible armor set.

Wanna buy the FWC HC and a full New Monarchy armor set for my Warlock. Maybe a FWC armor set for my Titan to have them all set up in their respective factions' uniforms.

X-Frame

Alright, now I'm at 44/50 in fragments, just missing the first raid fragment.

I'm debating on whether or not I try and join a group just for that part today or just wait for next week's reset.

Top Bottom