• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Any quick ways to do the Tex Chapperone quest w the Last Word PvP kills? I keep going back down to 0%. Not sure how this works exactly...?

Any quick ways to do the Tex Chapperone quest w the Last Word PvP kills? I keep going back down to 0%. Not sure how this works exactly...?

Kill streaks with your super (While your last word is equipped) will really shoot up your %. I was able to get 40% with one Stormcaller super by getting 5-6 kills.

Ramirez

Bad PVP performance drops it back down, you need to be consistent for a while. Getting a large kill streak will give you a huge chunk.

Deku Tree

Now that TTK PvP doesn't give marks, and the rep is pathetically small, everybody on the losing team quits.

If you go down by 2000 pts early good luck coming back when half your team is constantly being replaced.

I was doing the DO quest yesterday and at one point I got matched into five games in a row where my team was half full and losing badly. And the DO quest requires wins so that stunk.

The mercy rule is not working as intended or getting it done... Bungie pls.

ocean

Banned
Now that TTK PvP doesn't give marks, and the rep is pathetically small, everybody on the losing team quits.

If you go down by 2000 pts early good luck coming back when half your team is constantly being replaced.

I was doing the DO quest yesterday and at one point I got matched into five games in a row where my team was half full and losing badly. And the DO quest requires wins so that stunk.

I still believe quitting out of a Strike or Crucible match for absolutely any reason before the activity is over should incur a 5 minute cooldown before you can matchmake again.

ocean

Banned
I now have all 3 Legendary Swords at 295.

My Hunter had all 3 Exotic quests on him simultaneously, all at the farm tons of shit stage. My goal is getting all the required msterisls before the next expansion is released.

Edit: sorry for double post

I just earning Legendary Marks.
I have it in my head to work towards a full set of Dead Orbit gear because Im weird OCD about completing shit.

Pros and Cons of doing this.?...about to buy my first piece.

Oscar

So what do I do once I hit 40 on my Titan?

What's mah priority? :0
Chain Strikes for loot/engrams. When decrypting the engrams, make sure you are wearing your highest light level stuff for a chance to get better gear.

Redeem marks on the vanguard Ghost first because they are rare as fuck.

Do the other quests to set up some legendary rewards and have you ready for the raid once you hit 290ish.

Sullichin

Don't know why, with swords all 3 go down extremely fast

It's a really fast strike. I stick with it to keep up my vanguard streak only though.. I'm running strikes for 3oC chances. But the other two people always quit at Psion flayers so I'm not doing it alone.

ocean

Banned
I just earning Legendary Marks.
I have it in my head to work towards a full set of Dead Orbit gear because Im weird OCD about completing shit.

Pros and Cons of doing this.?...about to buy my first piece.
No cons :) I've always used full armor sets. Mainly the VoG or ToO sets in year 1.

This time around the Raid gear is so horribly ugly that I'll just Vault a set for collecting and use future drops to infuse Vendor armor.

I already have a full DO set for my Hunter. Boots are ugly but the outfit doesn't look bad. The Vanguard set has some wood elf tones to it which look cool too.

I got the Crucible set for my Titan full, but might replace it with FWC. Still haven't begun buying the NM set for my Warlock.

Matching armor is the only way to go man, do it.

Frenden

Banned
I love Stillpiercer. It and Ace are pretty fantastic paired together.
giphy.gif

And this will never not be fun.
giphy.gif

In-air shots are super viable with Ace despite not showing an Ikarus perk. I bet it has a good value for that hidden stat or something.

X-Frame

It is also most certainly because of all the Crucible quests that require WINS. And crucible bounties. If you need to WIN and get 6+ kills with a weapon and your team is looking pretty clearly like they'll lose, they will quit and look for another match.

I personally feel like the Crucible quest line is producing negative effects because of all the non-optimal stuff people feel compelled to do in order to complete them.

The thought of going through the Crucible quest again on an alt seems ridiculous, I can't see myself doing that again. The weekly Shaxx bounties are also very similar in terms of "WIN and get X+ kills with X weapon, 3 times"

No cons :) I've always used full armor sets. Mainly the VoG or ToO sets in year 1.

This time around the Raid gear is so horribly ugly that I'll just Vault a set for collecting and use future drops to infuse Vendor armor.

I already have a full DO set for my Hunter. Boots are ugly but the outfit doesn't look bad. The Vanguard set has some wood elf tones to it which look cool too.

I got the Crucible set for my Titan full, but might replace it with FWC. Still haven't begun buying the NM set for my Warlock.

Matching armor is the only way to go man, do it.

Im sold. Buying a cloak!
Thanks!!

Anyone know what the range is on exotic armor stats? Only seen 40~50 but I'm wondering if the range is wider.

Also, the stats on blueprinted exotic armor-- are they set in stone and the same for everyone? Or do they change based on the quality of pieces you've gotten?

Sullichin

Anyone else using Ace of Spades in PvP?

I've had great luck in Crucible with Ace. I had a Mark of the Unbroken in my second match--I've only gotten four ever, so I think that speaks fairly highly of the gun.

The "best" perk for me was a counterintuitive choice. Foregoing Perfect Balance for the range additive Reinforced Barrel made the gun effective at far longer ranges than any hand cannon I've used in PvP so far. Without Reinforced Barrel the Ace is already at the same range as Hawkmoon. With RB, it can engage at scout rifle-type distances. Stability is not a huge concern. The recoil pattern is very manageable. Your sights will largely have reset by the time the gun is ready to shoot again anyhow.

It may end up just being my personal preference and not a tip that carries over to all, but using Reinforced Barrel on Ace of Spades gave the gun the sort of range that I'd become accustomed to pre-hand cannon nerf. Additionally, I sorta wonder if the guns have a hidden shooting while airborne stat that differs between them. I land a lot of mid-air shots with the Ace that previously I'd either had to have been wearing Nighthawk (with its inbuilt Ikarus perk) or using a gun with Ikarus.

Ace feels like the Jewel, Hawkmoon, and Fatebringer had a baby--if you used Reinforced Barrel. I love it. It's my go-to for Crucible hand cannon-wise.
I agree with this. It's the only hand cannon that really feels good right now. I think Hawkmoon is still good but Ace feels more accurate. I really like it in PVE and PVP. Reinforced Barrel is definitely the way to go. I wish it LOOKED as cool as Hawkmoon though. Has a really great gunshot sound but it looks like a random rare weapon. At least you twirl it around like TLW!

X-Frame

I'm missing it too so if you make a party let me know I will join.

Interesting, maybe in a little bit. Need to eat first.

This week I already completed the
Warpriest and the part before him with the Totems,
so I can stop right when we get the fragment unless other people want to swap in.

I'll gauge interest in maybe an hour or so.

Im down to join. Last one im missing as well.

Okay that's 3 already!

Anyone want to start a Fresh King's Fall raid just to get the first fragment? We can start in 30 minutes or around 2:15 PM EST if we get people.

1. X-Frame
2. BroodShadow
3. King C

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, now I'm at 44/50 in fragments, just missing the first raid fragment.

I'm debating on whether or not I try and join a group just for that part today or just wait for next week's reset.

I'm missing it too so if you make a party let me know I will join.

Im down to join. Last one im missing as well.

I need it too. Let's start a fresh raid and get it. And then do the rest of the raid maybe?

edit: The one I need is XXXI - Battle Made Waves, right after first boss (WP). Is that the same one?

Dawg

Chain Strikes for loot/engrams. When decrypting the engrams, make sure you are wearing your highest light level stuff for a chance to get better gear.

Redeem marks on the vanguard Ghost first because they are rare as fuck.

Do the other quests to set up some legendary rewards and have you ready for the raid once you hit 290ish.

thanks good sir

ocean

Banned
As heavy handed as Bungie can be with their nerfbat, I hope Bungie doesn't nerf Sunbreakers into the ground HC-style.
They shouldn't have any armor buff. That's it. Same way Golden Gun doesn't. And this thing is even more powerful than GG since you have more than 3 shots and don't even have to aim carefully.

Seeing all the randoms have antiquated runes drop for them back to back is killing me. I have yet to get one for my warlock x___x

Edit: Anyone want to do crucible(legacy playlist) to knock out the first step of Holday's quest?

so I can stop right when we get the fragment unless other people want to swap in.

Okay that's 3 already!

Anyone want to start a Fresh King's Fall raid just to get the first fragment? We can start in 30 minutes or around 2:15 PM EST if we get people.

1. X-Frame
2. BroodShadow
3. King C

Ill join, First_Claes

Klyka

Banned

Okay that's 3 already!

1. X-Frame
2. BroodShadow
3. King C

This would only be for the very first fragment? I am missing two more than that, would be keep going or just stop after the fragment?

edit: ah what the hell, one is better than none. Sign me up: PSN is Klyka1

Langy

I have a few hours of Destiny in me today, so ideally want to do the raid as not attempted it this week yet. Have done most of the encounters except the last 2, however have seen how to do them so should be good. Want to start ASAP. Sign up then we go when full.

1. Langoit

Lets get some loot guardians!

So how do I use a Charged agonarch rune? Im in the founts, but cant find anything to put it in. Also if anyone wants to help clear the enemies after it is usedd you can join HTVfanatic

k1t4j

It's a really fast strike. I stick with it to keep up my vanguard streak only though.. I'm running strikes for 3oC chances. But the other two people always quit at Psion flayers so I'm not doing it alone.

I know, randoms what can you do?

Okay that's 3 already!

1. X-Frame
2. BroodShadow
3. King C

I can go if you don't mind a noob, Kitaj84 - 296 warlock

X-Frame

I need it too. Let's start a fresh raid and get it. And then do the rest of the raid maybe?

Well, I already did the last 2/3rds of the raid yesterday, so if you want there may be other groups that would want to do the whole thing where you can get the fragments you're missing then too plus all the other drops.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

1. X-Frame
2. BroodShadow
3. King C

Yeah I'm in. PSN ultrajari

edit: I don't need to do the rest of the raid necessarily. To clarify, again, is this first fragment the one after the Warpriest?

Top Bottom