• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I feel like I hit a wall. I need to do the raid but right now I'm in a rush. I'm at like 296 light with some quests still active. I haven't touched my Titan or Warlock alts yet so I might casually do that.

Update on dinklepup--Goku, he is enjoying his new home and preventing me from staying up too late to play Destiny.

Xg9tXrl.jpg

Deku Tree

Anecdotal but I think your chance of getting the material for your exotic sword is 1/10. Or you get approx one material for each 10 planetary mats you pick up. That's been roughly my experience with two exotic swords so far...

SkylineRKR

Undying Mind
Taniks
Undying Mind again
Taniks again

Fuck this strike rotation

Undying mind -> Dust Palace -> Undying mind -> Echo Chamber -> Saber -> Taniks -> Undying Mind. I also did Cerberus Vae about twice, its hidden in there. But I didn't know this game has such a small amount of Strikes after a year.

I also wanted to farm UM for Imago Loop, but the Director strike is far worse than the level 36 one. It takes much longer and isn't easier. Vanilla strikes suck ass.

There's no Year 2 Alpha Lipi so chest engrams on a Hunter will be Alpha Lupi 100% of the time no? Same for Titans, I don't think there's a Year 2 Armamentarium so it's 100% Alpha Lupi for them too. Unless they decrypt into Warlock gear.

Warlock is your best bet for exotic Chest decrypt. They can get Praxic, Voidfang or Starfire. There's still a 1/3 chance it'll be for another class (meaning 1/3 chance it's an Alpha Lupi for Hunter or Titan).
Wrong, I have a 310 alpha lupi for my Hunter and a 290 alpha lupi for my Titan. Got them both from engrams.

Juraash

Just had a weird glitch. Was doing CoO and got the Knight with the shield. Pulled out my sword and hit him with it and was instantly launched into a wall on the total opposite side of the zone. Was stuck in geometry and couldn't get back before the event cancelled. First time for everything I guess lol.

Is there a reason why the gunsmith stops taking orders for armsday? Second week in a row I missed out on new guns because I didn't want the orders taking space in my inventory.

phen0m24

I feel like I hit a wall. I need to do the raid but right now I'm in a rush. I'm at like 296 light with some quests still active. I haven't touched my Titan or Warlock alts yet so I might casually do that.

Update on dinklepup--Goku, he is enjoying his new home and preventing me from staying up too late to play Destiny.

Cute!! :)
I was more trying to figure out what the shirt was saying backwards

Georgetown

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just had a weird glitch. Was doing CoO and got the Knight with the shield. Pulled out my sword and hit him with it and was instantly launched into a wall on the total opposite side of the zone. Was stuck in geometry and couldn't get back before the event cancelled. First time for everything I guess lol.

Mmm there are some physics bugs going on in Destiny. Especially related to collision between player and shields.

What kind of pup is that?! He's awesome

Kyoufu

Is there a reason why the gunsmith stops taking orders for armsday? Second week in a row I missed out on new guns because I didn't want the orders taking space in my inventory.

Because shipment arrives on Wednesday so there's a deadline before you miss out on said shipment.

ocean

Banned
Wrong, I have a 310 alpha lupi for my Hunter and a 290 alpha lupi for my Titan. Got them both from engrams.
I meant Lucky Raspberry.

Alpha Lupi is the only possible result from an Exotic Chest Engram for a Hunter or Titan, which is why people are seeing them so often.

If there are TTK exotic chests, they don't seem to be on the Engram loot table.

Fresh Kings Fall Raid

1. me
2. X_Magik_ox
3. casmith7509
4. collatercat-
5. Juraash
6.el_bombastico

have we all cleared the raid before besides juraash?

If its ok with everyone can we start this in about 30-45 minutes?

ocean

Banned
It's until Sunday reset.

In-game explanation? Probably something like your order taking time to prepare.

Design decision? Probably to discourage you from randomly ordering stuff you won't use by making it take up space? I only ordered the Omolon sniper this week. Didn't want the clutter.

blackflag

Fresh Kings Fall Raid

1. me
2. X_Magik_ox
3. casmith7509
4. collatercat-
5. Juraash
6.el_bombastico

I've cleared but didn't do jumping at sisters or oryx. I'll look it up.

k1t4j

Faith in randoms, 10% restored.

300 exotic strike, 3 different sword 3 randoms, no communication.

Aced it the first time. :D

The only thing we did which was funny was when we spawned in the strike we all took out our swords and just stood there in a circle.

I guess we all had the same idea of "have a good look what sword I have and don't kill the fucking guardian OK!" :p

Magik

Fresh Kings Fall Raid

1. me
2. X_Magik_ox
3. casmith7509
4. collatercat-
5. Juraash
6.el_bombastico

I need to pull out for the time being.

k1t4j

Fresh Kings Fall Raid

1. me
2. X_Magik_ox
3. casmith7509
4. collatercat-
5. Juraash
6.el_bombastico

If you have a spot and don't mind a first timer, I am a 296 warlock Kitaj84

ocean

Banned
Has anyone used the New Monarchy sniper? Looks super interesting for PvP but the scopes are new and I'm not sure I'll like them.

Deku Tree

I don't understand the desire to just do the Oryx CP right now.
What I want is armor mostly and that kings fall ghost and the kings fall class items. I've been lucky with weapon drops, and the helmet is super rare from Oryx. So I'd rather do the beginning of the raid up to oryx daughters personally.

Arrrammis

What I want is armor mostly and that kings fall ghost and the kings fall class items. I've been lucky with weapon drops, and the helmet is super rare from Oryx. So I'd rather do the beginning of the raid up to oryx daughters personally.
For the most part groups get through the first half pretty quickly then break up before Oryx, so people want to finish the raid. Also, you can get armor/ghosts/whatever from Oryx via shards in addition to the helmet

Tecnniqe

Banned

Yeah, unless you got 310 on all possible drops i don't get it.

I did it! Finally, no more TLW in my life. Thx
I hit 20%.

Nah.

Personally, it's the only part of the raid I haven't done.

Cute!! :)
I was more trying to figure out what the shirt was saying backwards

Georgetown
Haha I learned not to let his cuteness fool me, he has sharp teeth and talons--I basically have baby wolf.
Hoya Saxa.

What kind of pup is that?! He's awesome

He is an Alaskan Klee Kai. They are a recently (and real) breed and you can find ethical breeders or a few great shelters in the US. They get compared to Shibas a lot in terms of personality.

Top Bottom