• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

sorry gentlemen but I have to actually step out for a bit but I should be back in 2 or 3 hours so if anyone is still down or needs a group for a fresh raid by then I'll be starting one up.

casmith7509
collatercat-
Juraash
el_bombastico

I'm going to have to drop out, will be asleep by then got work in the morning :(

ocean

Banned
Yeah, I could stomach Armsday stuff. Need to finish my Titan up to 3, it's not far off. Haven't even started the other two characters. Kind of in a weird place w the game right now I guess. Finished all the major quests on my main and not interested in repeating them 2x more. Maxed out Legendary Marks w nothing to buy, no real way to progress my Light level for Heroic raid until reset, don't feel like farming 3oC or exotic swords materials, etc.
Seems like we're feeling sort of the same. I have 3 pages on quests on my alts. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of clearing them :p

My main has done everything and is the only character I've done Armsday with so far. I'll get Ace of Spades on Tuesday and then maybe start doing them on alts. My Hunter has all 3 Exotic Sword quests at the farm shit mindlessly step.

Part of me wants to be masochistic and just grind it out. But that kind of stuff makes me hate the game. Another part says take it easy, get 1 or 2 special mats a day. But I lose my patience at the very thought. So I'm 0/10 for Arc and Solar and just 2/10 (after 34 nodes and a rage quit) on the Void.

On my alts I did main story quest + Eris CoO for 300 Artifact. Now that they're all Raid ready, the motivation to farm Champions on an empty patrol instance for Taken War is..eh. Why. I might just abandon it all to clear the pages tbh.

One thing I do look forward to is buying tons of stuff from vendors. There's super interesting stuff we're ignoring like the New Monarchy sniper. But with the state of PvP right now, even that doesn't sound as compelling as it would have been.

Strangely enough and despite all the bullshit, I'd be 100000x happier with the game if there were a truly classic Crucible playlist. As in, nothing you do counts for quests, you get no engrams, no Marks, no nothing. Just a place where people who actually wanna play can go.

I miss Thorn and TLW and Matador because they were hallmarks of a time when people played to win. I miss Hand Cannons being viable. I miss teammates being somewhat, medium, somewhat half decent and not
This infinite influx of people who hate PvP but go there because they need the Marks and make it less fun for everyone else whole not having fun themselves.

I don't know. We'll see how it goes, but PvE for me has always been a Tuesday thing only except for Raid fun runs whenever they come up. Now that PvP is garbage for 1500 different reasons, the rest of the week just feels like a long list of boring things to do.

Finally got around getting the Gunslinger subclass emblem. Guess I'll use this one for a while now that everyone is rocking Kingsbane or the ToM quest emblem :)

umqZDC9h.jpg

ocean

Banned
Finally got around getting the Gunslinger subclass emblem. Guess I'll use this one for a while now that everyone is rocking Kingsbane or the ToM quest emblem :)
How many steps is it? I did the knife one last week then totally forgot about this :p

Congrats btw! You're a certified true Gunslinger.

darthbob

Just had this drop while I was doing the strike solely for the Dead Ghost that I missed.

MxV7kDF.jpg

Has shotgun reload bonus and Int/Str with impact induction. Pretty good overall, and 299 to boot.

How many steps is it? I did the knife one last week then totally forgot about this :p

Congrats btw! You're a certified true Gunslinger.

Thanks! Not too many steps actually.
15 throwing knife kills, 20 tripmine kills (damn you 194 hitmarkers) and 30 Golden Gun multikills.

Completing this quest just gives you the emblem and access to the Bladedancer quest.

Frenden

Banned
Just had this drop while I was doing the strike solely for the Dead Ghost that I missed.

MxV7kDF.jpg

Has shotgun reload bonus and Int/Str with impact induction. Pretty good overall, and 299 to boot.

I got a drop with INT+DIS, Grenade Distance, and Pulse Rifle reload. They're lower light level than yours and I haven't ben playing my Titan. They look cool as shit.

GutZ31

I got my dead orbit exotic class item yesterday, and immediately made a regrettable decision.

I for some reason thought that you could use the Dead Orbit class item with any faction allegiance, this was incorrect.

Can't use faction specific class items with other factions.

Anyone need the Undying Mind step of the Hunger Pangs quest? I'm right at the final boss if anyone wants to join. My second time doing it, since I totally missed Morgath the first time.

I don't how you had the patience to trying get the Knife melee kills hehehe

Lol, I primarily play Gunslinger in PvP, so they came pretty naturally. But I can imagine that it's annoying to do. The most difficult part for me were the tripmine kills, everyone survives that one so I had to actually stick people with the tripmine.

Yeah, I could stomach Armsday stuff. Need to finish my Titan up to 3, it's not far off. Haven't even started the other two characters. Kind of in a weird place w the game right now I guess. Finished all the major quests on my main and not interested in repeating them 2x more. Maxed out Legendary Marks w nothing to buy, no real way to progress my Light level for Heroic raid until reset, don't feel like farming 3oC or exotic swords materials, etc.

Yeah felling the exact same way, it is lucky that I enjoy farming as a way to relax, stick on some tunes and just go, but I'm glad I got the sword stuff out of the way as they are a lot of fun. I think however we are so used to being this tight nit community that does the same thing every Tuesday and Friday that we are kinda off balance currently, once everyone leaves again around mid october-november for fallout I think everything will become more like it was for the previous year. Plus we are so used to smashing 3 characters through the new content in a week when you try to do that now it is so overwhelming.

Menome

The 30 Golden Gun multi-kills nearly had me throwing the controller across the room. So, so many times I'd hit one Guardian then get instantly taken down by their team-mate.

Also, you do realise you could use any type of Solar grenade for the kills there, right? I just used the standard ones and added DoT damage to them.

The 30 Golden Gun multi-kills nearly had me throwing the controller across the room. So, so many times I'd hit one Guardian then get instantly taken down by their team-mate.

Also, you do realise you could use any type of Solar grenade for the kills there, right? I just used the standard ones and added DoT damage to them.

Same on the GG part. I realized that you could use any Solar Grenade, I'm just way better in handling sticky grenades :)

Marvel

could never

MxV7kDF.jpg

I hate you. Have grinded this out for a day and a half.

Fucker won't drop lol.

SkylineRKR

I really hope Bungie gives those psion bosses in the Dust palace an Ultra tag soon. Everytime it pops up people leave.

They would be the easiest Strike Ultras ever. I solo'd all 3 with my sword multiple times today and 2 were dead before the cabal reinforcements could even drop. They'll just be stunlocked and can't do anything.

But yes, them not being ultras takes away the use of this strike. I'm actually happy when Spongebob turns up, because he's been nerfed since HoW and the Strike is simple as fuck.

I dread the time Omnigul is added back into the playlist, i'd leave 100%.

Sorry if this has been answered, but does this strike specific loot only drop on heroic?

I also hope that, in time, they add some more variants to the rest of the strikes so the playlist has more variety.

ocean

Banned
They would be the easiest Strike Ultras ever. I solo'd all 3 with my sword multiple times today and 2 were dead before the cabal reinforcements could even drop. They'll just be stunlocked and can't do anything.

But yes, them not being ultras takes away the use of this strike. I'm actually happy when Spongebob turns up, because he's been nerfed since HoW and the Strike is simple as fuck.
All the story mission bosses are super easy solo and they're Uktras. Draksis being the most famous example.

I always found it weird that Omnigul and the Flayers were made Elites and thus weak to stuff like blind bubbles, Flashbang grenades etc which other bosses just laugh off.

Juraash

Please?! It's just to help me, you don't need the quest. Just some old kindness stuff.

I'd be down to lend a hand in like 20ish minutes. Grabbing some food rq. It would give me a chance to grab the fragment in there.

Edit: Don't wait up if you can grab 2 before that though.

Top Bottom