• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

EL CUCO

Well, the Dolphins are playing like crap and Oryx isn't going to kill himself.

Anybody want shoot for a #teamfirsttry on the Taking King himself?

Deku Tree

The solar sword hunt went by pretty quick for me. Managed to get the ten rare mats in just an hour. It helps that the moon patrol isn't as big as the others. Took my time with the ability kills though I finished that pretty quick as well.

The Arc sword hunt nearly made me delete my Hunter. I spent 3 hours in Forgotten Shores. I went 56 minutes without seeing one rare mat drop after getting 6. Managed to get my ability kills to 61% in those 3 hours.

I said fuck it and sought the nearest relic iron to the next zone and farmed the fuck out of it for my void sword. Went to Valley of Kings cause randoms kept getting my relic iron. It got to the point where I just sat by and waited for randoms to leave the area before resuming things.

Then I spent a hour later on Wakening the hive for ability kills.

Never again.

It was horrible, but it was worth it.

Well half our fireteam lagged out of the
Oryx
fight on the raid. I'm hoping to beat him in the next hour if anyone still had a slot open! Otherwise I'll have to wait until late tonight.

PSN: g3ud0

Edit: Nevermind. Turns out today's obligation moved up so I won't have time until later tonight.

adin75

I landed in the perfect random group the other day. All six of us had antiquated runes and we beat Crota six times in a span of 10 minutes.

I wandered past a group of 3 trying to do it, figured I would jump in and help. They had no idea and after about 3 wipes I get a message calling me a fucking leech and they left.

Some people.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
pls game... I beg of you... stop with Undying Mind... pls... no more...

6 people couldn't beat mini-Crota in CoO...fuck. I'm just glad that wasn't my rune going to waste.
What is so hard about it? It tells you what to do. Weird.

Semi Newbie Raid!

1. DirtyAquaticApe
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. Dr_LawyerCop friend 1
4. Dr_LawyerCop friend 2

Any and all welcome! I will do my best Drizzay impression and try to explain all mechanices as best I can. Starting as soon as we are full!

Edit: Full

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Semi Newbie Raid!

1. DirtyAquaticApe
2. Dr_LawyerCop
3. Dr_LawyerCop friend 1
4. Dr_LawyerCop friend 2

Any and all welcome! I will do my best Drizzay impression and try to explain all mechanices as best I can. Starting as soon as we are full!

Up for it. Tigerheli psn

kidko

People leaving heroic strikes is a huge problem now that matchmaking seems to no longer drop people in mid game.

Maybe if someone leaves from the beginning, they are stuck in a cool down from the playlist or something.

It's super annoying when I'm trying to sneak in a strike when the baby is napping and I blow 15 minutes finding 2 others who will actually stick it out-- then as I just did, run it with only one teammate and struggle at stupid points like add rushes during boss fights.

ocean

Banned
6 people couldn't beat mini-Crota in CoO...fuck. I'm just glad that wasn't my rune going to waste.
Could have been the levels. Tier 3 is 300 Light, which is higher than most of the Raid. Bringing down mini Crota's shield is pretty easy when you're high level but a group of 260s would have a tough time without going full-Crota and coordinating simultaneous rockets or something.

Namikaze1

I worked my ass off for all my swords. I beat the living shit out of guardians with a hilt. A freaking hilt. 75 times. And then there are the 300 majors I killed. Oryx lost a huge chunk of his command. He also lost one of his best swordsmen. Three times. He needs some new wardens as well. And a new door lock.

Edit: 300 because of all the ability kills. I lost count how many normal enemies died. Probably around 1,200.

I wandered past a group of 3 trying to do it, figured I would jump in and help. They had no idea and after about 3 wipes I get a message calling me a fucking leech and they left.

Some people.
I would have reported them. So ridiculous when people act that way.

Don't understand this at all. If you go up to Crota and he kills you cus you don't have the sword and he isnt down, hes going to do it the second time you go up to him. And the third. And the fourth. And the fifth.....

sigh. People with the year 1 emblem have no excuse. But somehow....somehow, they still cant figure it out.

Anyone want to do cp checkpoint oryx? Need 4 people. Preferably people that know the strategy and have beaten it. First time we beat oryx it took like 3-4 hours. I really don't want to sit at oryx for 3-4 hours again. Msg me:DreadfulOmen. Thanks

EL CUCO

Anyone want to do cp checkpoint oryx? Need 4 people. Preferably people that know the strategy and have beaten it. First time we beat oryx it took like 3-4 hours. I really don't want to sit at oryx for 3-4 hours again. Msg me:DreadfulOmen. Thanks
We have 2 spots open. PSN EL_CUCO305

Could have been the levels. Tier 3 is 300 Light, which is higher than most of the Raid. Bringing down mini Crota's shield is pretty easy when you're high level but a group of 260s would have a tough time without going full-Crota and coordinating simultaneous rockets or something.
You're right. I didn't think about that. For a tier 3, this one just seems incredibly easy to me. Especially compared to real Crota or even the tier 3 boss fight from last week.

Had a mini Crota train not too long ago, seven of us. One guy seemed to want to take the sword every time, that stopped when I got my hands on it and downed him in one sword from full health.

So many blues, must have killed him at least 10 times.

k1t4j

Thanks Drizzy and Crew for the Oryx run. That felt good :)

Got the pulse rifle which seems ok. Bumped me to 297.

GhaleonEB

So: thoughts on how long we should spoiler tag the raid? I'm still thinking for a while longer yet, as it does take time to get up to the required light level and a lot of people even in DestinyGAF have yet to run it. But I wanted to check in with what everyone's thoughts were.

Okay, so I used a Wormsinger Rune and we fought the Hive Champion and stuff and its supposed to drop a Wormfeeder Rune but it didn't. It didn't drop anything.

Namikaze1

So did that reddit guy post up his vid of getting the Sleeper Stimulant quest or was it a whole lot of horseshit like I assumed from the start?

Deku Tree

So: thoughts on how long we should spoiler tag the raid? I'm still thinking for a while longer yet, as it does take time to get up to the required light level and a lot of people even in DestinyGAF have yet to run it. But I wanted to check in with what everyone's thoughts were.

Reddit did one week of spoiler tags, and they are already allowing non tagged discussions of the raid. I personally don't have a problem with asking for tags for a bit longer.

Boguester was saying to keep tags for "two weeks or until whenever the next OT arrives". Looks like we are on track for a new OT at around that two week mark.

coy

Okay, so I used a Wormsinger Rune and we fought the Hive Champion and stuff and its supposed to drop a Wormfeeder Rune but it didn't. It didn't drop anything.
Lucky you, I used my rune and no event even started. Looked up Youtube vids and everything to make sure I was doing things correctly. Now I gotta wait for another rune to drop.

Top Bottom