• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

Seems like we're feeling sort of the same. I have 3 pages on quests on my alts. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of clearing them :p

My main has done everything and is the only character I've done Armsday with so far. I'll get Ace of Spades on Tuesday and then maybe start doing them on alts. My Hunter has all 3 Exotic Sword quests at the farm shit mindlessly step.

Part of me wants to be masochistic and just grind it out. But that kind of stuff makes me hate the game. Another part says take it easy, get 1 or 2 special mats a day. But I lose my patience at the very thought. So I'm 0/10 for Arc and Solar and just 2/10 (after 34 nodes and a rage quit) on the Void.

On my alts I did main story quest + Eris CoO for 300 Artifact. Now that they're all Raid ready, the motivation to farm Champions on an empty patrol instance for Taken War is..eh. Why. I might just abandon it all to clear the pages tbh.

One thing I do look forward to is buying tons of stuff from vendors. There's super interesting stuff we're ignoring like the New Monarchy sniper. But with the state of PvP right now, even that doesn't sound as compelling as it would have been.

Strangely enough and despite all the bullshit, I'd be 100000x happier with the game if there were a truly classic Crucible playlist. As in, nothing you do counts for quests, you get no engrams, no Marks, no nothing. Just a place where people who actually wanna play can go.

I miss Thorn and TLW and Matador because they were hallmarks of a time when people played to win. I miss Hand Cannons being viable. I miss teammates being somewhat, medium, somewhat half decent and not
This infinite influx of people who hate PvP but go there because they need the Marks and make it less fun for everyone else whole not having fun themselves.

I don't know. We'll see how it goes, but PvE for me has always been a Tuesday thing only except for Raid fun runs whenever they come up. Now that PvP is garbage for 1500 different reasons, the rest of the week just feels like a long list of boring things to do.

Wait... You can hold 2-3 exotic sword quests on the same character at the same time? Have people done that and turned them in and gotten all of their exotic swords?

Sorry if this has been answered, but does this strike specific loot only drop on heroic?

I also hope that, in time, they add some more variants to the rest of the strikes so the playlist has more variety.

Nope, they also drop in the normal vanguard playlist. I got the Warlock gauntlets from the Echo Chamber strike when I didn't have access to heroic yet.

Nope, they also drop in the normal vanguard playlist. I got the Warlock gauntlets from the Echo Chamber strike when I didn't have access to heroic yet.

Awesome to hear, thanks. I got Threads upon Stars or whatever it's called but I couldn't remember when it dropped. I've done a mix of normal/heroic but I much prefer normal since I normally play strikes to relax. In some groups, man..... heroic is a lot harder than it should be.

Deku Tree

The charge rate is a joke. I'm convinced 90% of the Raid weapons are just meant for fodder. I only really like the scout and MG.

The sniper is very good in the raid. Bonus damage to Taken enemies plus cocoon is real if you want to quickly take down a bullet sponge. Raid Sniper + Scout is a good combination.

ocean

Banned
Wait... You can hold 2-3 exotic sword quests on the same character at the same time? Have people done that and turned them in and gotten all of their exotic swords?
Yeah. Get them on separate characters. Transfer then all to one if you feel like focusing on your main. Whoever you want to do the Exotic quest on is who you give the weapon when you decide to infuse it past 280. Shaxx will have the quest.

If you've done 25 PvP/50 Majors and the sword fight in Dreadnaught for another sword, it'll skip directly to the "farm a lot of shit".

DhsbdlT.jpg

They're each tracked individually. With how absurd and poorly designed the planetary mats section is, I'll probably take 1-2 weeks on each planet. But at least the ability kills will be accounted for no matter which subclass I use, for one sword or another.

Did this on my Hunter because it's the class I'm playing the most + Keen Scout. But in terms of ability kills, Warlock's are the safest bet for easily getting kills with any element abilities.

SonComet

Anyone want to go get the first calcified fragment in the raid? Or does anyone have a checkpoint for it? Got 3 right now. Need 3 more.

SkylineRKR

I encountered the most wondrous thing today.

A random who actually knew what to do during the Fanatic of Crota fight.

I'll try and help you out tomorrow if you can't get a party together, Brodini.

Its funny, the first time I went there I needed to do it for the quest and there were some guys around. I joined in, was below 290 I think and I didn't have a tier 3 rune yet, and killed him about 3 or 4 times. Also ran sword a few times. So I thought okay, this is laughable easy. It was when he was beaten, that I realized I had done a Tier 3 already.

But ever since I found clueless people there that don't DPS him at all and when they do its with primaries. Some guys even started to punch me as I was waiting with the sword, they probably thought I had to do it alone or something. Eventually I just demonstratively sat down when I noticed he wouldn't be DPS'd, ever. I wish this game had a chat bar, i'd put in some caps there. This also goes for some strikes, lots of randoms cannot comprehend anything more difficult than just running in a straight line and playing for themselves. Yes, Echo Chamber, you dun goofed.

So I guess I lucked out back then. Same how I lucked out with Shield Bros, those 2 randoms played it perfectly. But thats probably because the quest got them this far.

Shito

Football seems to be the only thing that can pull me away from destiny. Still have to follow the thread though ;-)
Make that "sports" for me.
Between actual football, American football and rugby, this week-end was hard to juggle for me. ^^
I'm ending my two weeks of holidays, heading back to work tomorrow.
Will have managed to raise my main hunter to 299, to get black spindle and the ship, and I've completed the raid once: this was more than I imagined, yet I still have quests to complete and my alts to care about... This extension sure is something.

Congrats! :)

I finished mine on Friday. Made this gif after spending 3 hours farming for the rare mats for arc and 2 hours for the void sword.

8inEGY9.gif

Soul destroying.

But omg the ability kills was almost just as bad. Sunbreaker was much quicker than Nightstalker and Bladedancer. Explosions for days.

Thanks though, I'm so relieved.

Someone stop me from infusing my 297 Hung Jury with a 304 raid hand cannon. Probably get it to 302 and maybe 303 if I'm lucky.

i really hate this part of the leveling system. your gear should just become the exact value of the piece you're using to infuse, at least when you get to within a certain range of it. it becomes really tedious trying to get the max value out of something. if i have something that's 290 and i want to infuse it with something that's 300, i feel like i need to wait for something else that's like 297 first, so i get the full 300 the second time. otherwise it's like you're wasting the 300.

Deku Tree

Yeah. Get them on separate characters. Transfer then all to one if you feel like focusing on your main. Whoever you want to do the Exotic quest on is who you give the weapon when you decide to infuse it past 280. Shaxx will have the quest.

If you've done 25 PvP/50 Majors and the sword fight in Dreadnaught for another sword, it'll skip directly to the "farm a lot of shit".

They're each tracked individually. With how absurd and poorly designed the planetary mats section is, I'll probably take 1-2 weeks on each planet. But at least the ability kills will be accounted for no matter which subclass I use, for one sword or another.

Did this on my Hunter because it's the class I'm playing the most + Keen Scout. But in terms of ability kills, Warlock's are the safest bet for easily getting kills with any element abilities.

Ok ok gonna do this with the void sword later then... Already have the solar exotic sword, and the arc exotic sword quest.

Did people do this and complete the three quests already and have it work and say that they got all three swords?

I need to do this. Is it doable with 296 light?

Yeah it's very do able. Much harder if you need to keep more than one warden alive though.

Wow. I stopped playing Destiny a year ago (beat the main story, stopped around level 25), until I just bought the expansion 2 days ago with a friend.

We started new characters and we beat the main story (from original Destiny, The Black Garden stuff) and reached level 25 in two days. That took me nearly a month to get to last year.

Crazy, lol

I encountered the most wondrous thing today.

A random who actually knew what to do during the Fanatic of Crota fight.

I landed in one yesterday with 5 randoms. No one knew what to do for the first two tries. Then by the third people figured out and we beat it by the fifth.

Honestly the best experience I've had in Destiny ever. 6 total strangers solving a problem. Beautiful.

I landed in one yesterday with 5 randoms. No one knew what to do for the first two tries. Then by the third people figured out and we beat it by the fifth.

Honestly the best experience I've had in Destiny ever. 6 total strangers solving a problem. Beautiful.

I landed in the perfect random group the other day. All six of us had antiquated runes and we beat Crota six times in a span of 10 minutes.

Shito

So, that CoO bounty leading to a calcified fragment is... funny.
The steps are random, and for the last one I got "use an antiquated rune and beat it in less than 2 minutes", while others got the same thing with a stolen rune instead...
What is this shit, Bungie? ^^
At least give more time for the T3 one...

Namikaze1

Soul destroying.

But omg the ability kills was almost just as bad. Sunbreaker was much quicker than Nightstalker and Bladedancer. Explosions for days.

Thanks though, I'm so relieved.
The solar sword hunt went by pretty quick for me. Managed to get the ten rare mats in just an hour. It helps that the moon patrol isn't as big as the others. Took my time with the ability kills though I finished that pretty quick as well.

The Arc sword hunt nearly made me delete my Hunter. I spent 3 hours in Forgotten Shores. I went 56 minutes without seeing one rare mat drop after getting 6. Managed to get my ability kills to 61% in those 3 hours.

I said fuck it and sought the nearest relic iron to the next zone and farmed the fuck out of it for my void sword. Went to Valley of Kings cause randoms kept getting my relic iron. It got to the point where I just sat by and waited for randoms to leave the area before resuming things.

Then I spent a hour later on Wakening the hive for ability kills.

Never again.

Rainmaker

Banned
I'm a sucker for a full set of matching gear so it irks me that these strike bosses don't have full sets to drop over time. That might be weird but I want to match instead of just having these awesome gauntlets.

On a different note: I'm not looking forward to this exotic void sword quest with a Titan.

Top Bottom