• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

Ok my argonoch rune on my alt is glitched at five charges. It refuses to charge further. I transferred it to my hunter from my warlock. Not sure if that caused it... Already did it on my warlock... Should I just dismantle it?

So did that reddit guy post up his vid of getting the Sleeper Stimulant quest or was it a whole lot of horseshit like I assumed from the start?

Which Reddit guy?

So: thoughts on how long we should spoiler tag the raid? I'm still thinking for a while longer yet, as it does take time to get up to the required light level and a lot of people even in DestinyGAF have yet to run it. But I wanted to check in with what everyone's thoughts were.

You get 2 mandatory quests that tells you all the names of the bosses and the items you pick up from them way before you're ever close to doing the raid. So It was all spoiled for me anyways.

Namikaze1

Ok my argonoch rune on my alt is glitched at five charges. It refuses to charge further. I transferred it to my hunter from my warlock. Not sure if that caused it... Already did it on my warlock... Should I just dismantle it?

Which Reddit guy?
I can't remember. Noomi posted a link earlier in the day about some guy claiming to have gotten the quest.

ocean

Banned
So: thoughts on how long we should spoiler tag the raid? I'm still thinking for a while longer yet, as it does take time to get up to the required light level and a lot of people even in DestinyGAF have yet to run it. But I wanted to check in with what everyone's thoughts were.
I think people who actually care strongly enough about the raid to be upset by spoilers but who haven't yet played it are a small and rapidly diminishing subgroup within the community.

I think it's fair to assume by next week anyone here has either already played it or has a casual enough stance that they won't be bothered by spoilers. There will, of course, be some exceptions, but I think covering a majority would suffice.

But it's all up to you guys.

Shito

I think some of us were talking about keeping the spoilers tagged for at least the first two weeks of the raid.
That sounded quite fair to me.
I'm beginning to have a hard time remembering to spoiler tag any raid discussion I engage in... :D

So did that reddit guy post up his vid of getting the Sleeper Stimulant quest or was it a whole lot of horseshit like I assumed from the start?
Was bullshit, the reddit guy removed his post.

Namikaze1

I've never had to leave to orbit to get the key. It just pops on the 50th enemy.
You read that quote wrong. You can't leave to orbit with a wormfeeder rune that has say 25 kills on it as it resets if you do leave to orbit. You have to complete the wormfeeder rune requirement before leaving to orbit.

Namikaze1

I think some of us were talking about keeping the spoilers tagged for at least the first two weeks of the raid.
That sounded quite fair to me.
I'm beginning to have a hard time remembering to spoiler tag any raid discussion I engage in... :D

Was bullshit, the reddit guy removed his post.
Knew it. Guy is never going to post there again is he?

I'm inclined to agree. Spoilering is not very time consuming and it's a courtesy to those who still aren't up to the required light level or haven't managed to get a fireteam going. Maybe keep the spoiler tags two or three resets more? It took me a week to get to 295 and another to complete the raid while playing a bit each afternoon, I can see someone with less free time taking a bit longer.

gdt

Anyone up for Kings Fall starting from
The Sisters
? I haven't beaten that yet and would love to wrap it up tonight. On PS4 starting soon as we have a crew.

1. gdt5016

Or if one of you guys have a
exotic chest
checkpoint we can start from there.

Yeah. Get them on separate characters. Transfer then all to one if you feel like focusing on your main. Whoever you want to do the Exotic quest on is who you give the weapon when you decide to infuse it past 280. Shaxx will have the quest.

If you've done 25 PvP/50 Majors and the sword fight in Dreadnaught for another sword, it'll skip directly to the "farm a lot of shit".

They're each tracked individually. With how absurd and poorly designed the planetary mats section is, I'll probably take 1-2 weeks on each planet. But at least the ability kills will be accounted for no matter which subclass I use, for one sword or another.

Did this on my Hunter because it's the class I'm playing the most + Keen Scout. But in terms of ability kills, Warlock's are the safest bet for easily getting kills with any element abilities.

damn

wish I had known this earlier today

I'll try and help you out tomorrow if you can't get a party together, Brodini.

yea I really dont want to deal with LFG and it looks like no one's doing it on destinyGAF atm lol.

ocean

Banned
Was that chest in King's Fall confirmed to be a Y2 Exotic roll? Or was it just transferring from mobile app while opening chest.

Hamme of Sol needs some kind of nerf. It's basically unstoppable. No weapon other than maybe heavy can bring it down before the Titan sees you and chucks a hammer across the map to kill you. I literally got killed by a hammer on Frontier from well past the other side of the bridge. You shouldn't be able to have a super that not only regens your health but also can kill from that far away. Might as well give golden gun 5 shots and rechargeable health.

EnthronedReaper

Neo Member
Yea we looking for 2 more, but to a honest we prefer someone that has done it before. One of the guys has to leave in about 2 hours, so we don't want to sit at oryx for more than that. Add me:DreadfulOmen.

If you get tired of waiting for someone invite me. I consider myself an above average player

MrDaravon

I think people who actually care strongly enough about the raid to be upset by spoilers but who haven't yet played it are a small and rapidly diminishing subgroup within the community.

I think it's fair to assume by next week anyone here has either already played it or has a casual enough stance that they won't be bothered by spoilers. There will, of course, be some exceptions, but I think covering a majority would suffice.

But it's all up to you guys.

I agree with this, and like someone else pointed out we'll probably hit the next OT at about the two week mark anyway. I'd just say leave it for the rest of this OT and allow everything when the next OT goes up. Less work for Ghaleon to change thread titles ;)

I'm inclined to agree. Spoilering is not very time consuming and it's a courtesy to those who still aren't up to the required light level or haven't managed to get a fireteam going. Maybe keep the spoiler tags two or three resets more? It took me a week to get to 295 and another to complete the raid while playing a bit each afternoon, I can see someone with less free time taking a bit longer.

No offense but proposing we have Raid spoiler tags 4-5 weeks out from it's launch is completely ridiculous.

BraXzy

Ugh. I really can't decide on my main primary weapon to infuse. I already have the ToM but I want a second primary that I can use when I don't want to worry about killing myself with the 1 bullrt thing xD

It is currently a toss up between Bad Juju and Suros year 2. Thoughts?

Ugh. I really can't decide on my main primary weapon to infuse. I already have the ToM but I want a second primary that I can use when I don't want to worry about killing myself with the 1 bullrt thing xD

Suros PDX45 Is a godly pulse rifle if you can get it. The raid Scout is also very nice with full auto. Plus with thenm being legendaries is allows you to use other exotics such as the Sword or Spindle.

ocean

Banned

I'm using the Dead Orbit Hung Jury Scout Rifle for basically everything. SUROS Regime is also pretty good with the fast RoF perk, had a lot of fun with that. Haven't used Bad Juju Y2. It's always been a cool weapon with its Super cooldown perk but I don't like Pulse Rifles much. Both the options you listed are top notch.

Friday cause that will be 2 weeks since the raid came out.

I would say either Friday or when the Hard mode drops

Friday cause that will be 2 weeks since the raid came out.

I agree with this. 2 weeks is plenty of time to have experienced the raid blind assuming you weren't on vacation or unable to play. Most discussion I have seen is just strategy related and doesn't really spoil the experience of seeing this new stuff.

gdt

Reposting for new page...

Anyone up for Kings Fall starting from
The Sisters
? I haven't beaten that yet and would love to wrap it up tonight. On PS4 starting soon as we have a crew.

1. gdt5016

Or if one of you guys have a
exotic chest
checkpoint we can start from there.

LTWood12

Got 1 (maybe 2) spots for a fresh run tonight between 9-9:15 eastern. Really looking to get a clear in a reasonable time so would love someone experienced if possible.

Deku Tree

Sucks that you can't solo the taken wars because the taken despawn if you approach them by yourself without a fire team nearby.... My two 295+ light alts could easily solo all of them.

Top Bottom