• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

BokehKing

Banned
Just solo fought legendary tanniks because the other two party members ditched me at the spider because it was taking forever to take down

Some people probably solo stuff for fun, I never do, thanks to 40 thrills not following me onto the catwalk, I was able to do it

Future

Sorry randoms, but will be instant skipping restorative mind strikes any time I see it. It's just too long for a repetitive grind tasks. Every fight is long as fuck and the final boss can take 30 minutes depending on if everyone can hit the dps just right in tiny windows while you wait for the relic to be in place. With instant death around every corner of you miss dodge the medusa gaze

Decent idea for a boss. But shouldn't be a strike IMO that is designed to be in repetitive playlists with only a few other options. Don't make me go through that unless the rewards are awesome

bgbball31

Got 1 (maybe 2) spots for a fresh run tonight between 9-9:15 eastern. Really looking to get a clear in a reasonable time so would love someone experienced of possible.

I'll go. I've beaten everything up to
Oryx
, and know what I'm doing against him, but need it all again for quests.

PSN: bgbball

Shito

Oryx
really is only a DPS check.
The mechanics are neither too complicated to understand nor to execute, it really only depends on your team's gear. I struggled to get him to half-life with my usual friends, yet we got him down first try yesterday with a DGAF team with 3 ToMs in it.
It's a bit disappointing, really, this is probably my least favourite fight of the raid; it is all too "rigid", and becomes trivial once you are properly geared for it.

TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS
Seriously, I've spent so much time on Oryx this weekend. I just want him dead.
That's the only secret to it, I think. ^^

Thanks to Cuco and Co. for letting me get my Oryx kill counter up :p #team1sttry

15 kills so far.
Oryx is a blast at first but doesn't really age well. Gets pretty tedious once you know what to do and have to repeat the same cycle 4-6x.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oryx
The mechanics are neither too complicated to understand nor to execute, it really only depends on your team's gear. I struggled to get him to half-life with my usual friends, yet we got him down first try yesterday with a DGAF team with 3 ToMs in it.
It's a bit disappointing, really, this is probably my least favourite fight of the raid; it is all too "rigid", and becomes trivial once you are properly geared for it.

That's the only secret to it, I think. ^^

That's exactly why I dislike it. Loved the rest of the raid but
a flat DPS check
is a real pain.

ocean

Banned
Sorry randoms, but will be instant skipping restorative mind strikes any time I see it. It's just too long for a repetitive grind tasks. Every fight is long as fuck and the final boss can take 30 minutes depending on if everyone can hit the dps just right in tiny windows while you wait for the relic to be in place

Decent idea for a boss. But shouldn't be a strike IMO that is designed to be in repetitive playlists with only a few other options. Don't make me go through that unless the rewards are awesome
It's extremely quick. You can jump with the relic so you can just skate from one position to the next. And the boss can be DPS'd to death in like 2 waves. Are randoms being that terrible? Haven't played Heroic with matchmaking yet.

It was terrible for me with Kadey and Twilight the first week but we were all underleveled. Now it's the fastest of the new strikes. You can pretty much skip through everything speed jumping with the relic

Kyoufu

Sorry randoms, but will be instant skipping restorative mind strikes any time I see it. It's just too long for a repetitive grind tasks. Every fight is long as fuck and the final boss can take 30 minutes depending on if everyone can hit the dps just right in tiny windows while you wait for the relic to be in place. With instant death around every corner of you miss dodge the medusa gaze

We live in different worlds because that strike is one of the quickest for me.

MrDaravon

Anyone doing a full raid tonight on PS4? I've done it twice on my Hunter, I just got my Titan up to 293 so would like to try to get him a piece or two of gear at least before the reset. I can probably bump myself up a point or two if I move a weapon and ghost over from my Hunter.

EL CUCO

Thanks to Cuco and Co. for letting me get my Oryx kill counter up :p #team1sttry

15 kills so far.
Oryx is a blast at first but doesn't really age well. Gets pretty tedious once you know what to do and have to repeat the same cycle 4-6x.
Anytime man! Happy to participate in your road to top 1% Oryx killer :D

traveler

Not Wario
I disagree
re:eek:ryx. The difficulty in groups that I've been is consistency of execution across the groups- not dying to ships, ogres, adds, etc. killing the ogres outside the center area, the runner not falling. Dps isn't the issue. We've definitely done it under recommended light level both times and nearly all of our wipes were related to messing one thing or another up. We never did everything right and just failed getting there dps wise. The game clearly tolerates taking more than 4 cycles, which is what you're supposed to hit. You just have to be able to stagger, which usually isn't an issue if people are alive, shooting Oryx, using the proper weapon types, and cycling weapons rather than reloading. Light isn't that crucial.

Future

It's extremely quick. You can jump with the relic so you can just skate from one position to the next. And the boss can be DPS'd to death in like 2 waves. Are randoms being that terrible? Haven't played Heroic with matchmaking yet.

It was terrible for me with Kadey and Twilight the first week but we were all underleveled. Now it's the fastest of the new strikes. You can pretty much skip through everything speed jumping with the relic

Yeah but you need the perfect team. Only Titans can "skate." Relic needs to be inserted only when other players are ready to unload on the boss, not right when vex spawn in and shoot you from the back. Players need to have weapons ready instantly for a tiny attack window. Players need to have proper gear so they can get maximum dps. If any of that goes wrong you do little damage. Later they add medusa gaze to kill you instantly if you make a mistake

All fights leading up to that need taken to be thinned out properly depending on team and skill of the runner

The key though is the relic in this strike provides a dynamic that can extend multiple fights including the final boss. If anyone screws up.... Gotta backtrack and get it again and it can take sooooooo long. Much longer than any other fight

Out of curiosity what weapons do you use to dps him down that quick

forgrim

All iI can say is make sure everyone understands the mechanics and knows their roles.

Have good weapons like sniper's and mgs and execute.

seriously, our ogres would spawn and explode and i'd just stand there with my raid fusion rifle going whodafuk killed my ogre?

all of my hate. it belongs to this quest.
Understatement.

Especially since the last rare took like 30 minutes to find.
Do it next week or later or never then. The solar sword has an upper cut, the arc sword has a ranged attack, and the void sword has a super spin move.

I'll probably do it next weekend. I was thinking about trying to get them all done before Armsday but I just don't have the motivation. Especially seeing with 2 Hunters + 1 Warlock, Void kills are going to take a hell of a lot longer.

I only got to Oryx last night and after playing with some friendly people from the100.io for 3 hours trying to kill him I gave up. I really want a solid group from DGAF to raid with but Xbox One is the console DGAF forgot.

I don't feel like I'm doing enough DPS in all honesty. I'm using Hereafter and the Dead Orbit Omolon scout rifle.

Really wish I could get him beat

ocean

Banned
Yeah but you need the perfect team. Only Titans can "skate." Relic needs to be inserted only when other players are ready to unload on the boss, not right when vex spawn in and shoot you from the back. Players need to have weapons ready instantly for a tiny attack window. Players need to have proper gear so they can get maximum dps. If any of that goes wrong you do little damage. Later they add medusa gaze to kill you instantly if you make a mistake

All fights leading up to that need taken to be thinned out properly depending on team and skill of the runner

The key though is the relic in this strike provides a dynamic that can extend multiple fights including the final boss. If anyone screws up.... Gotta backtrack and get it again and it can take sooooooo long. Much longer than any other fight

Out of curiosity what weapons do you use to dps him down that quick
Telesto does magic on that guy. Snipers are the best DPS in theory but running after that moving crit while scoped isn't easy. Machine guns would work fairly well. If there's a Sunbreaker in the team, a melee does wonders since everything after that does crit damage for a while.

What I do is usually let somebody else take the relic. I'll go "behind" the guy and hide behind a pillar, taking shots at him to draw his aggro. This keeps him shooting at me (basically giving his back to the other two guys and the relic movement). As soon as they pop the relic, I start doing damage and so do they. If Medusa's Stare pops up, I just stay behind the cover I was taking aggro from.

The fight gets trickier if you don't kill him fast because he starts moving too much and spawning too many enemies. But as long as everybody shoots him on time, with adequate weaponry (better a fusion than a sniper if you don't get the crits, use abilities like tether or Sunbreaker melee or super hammers or whatever if you have them) and he should go down in 2 waves, 3 tops maybe? Did it in 1 today but it wasn't Heroic. Didn't even thing it was possible still don't know how that one happened :p

As for moving the relic to reach the boss: it's a lot easier with Titans, that's true. But with any class you can jump with fairly good agility and skip through most of it. Maybe not everything if you get the Taken version though to be fair, then it gets a little hairy.

All told, I'm still pretty sure it's the fastest of all the new strikes.

MrDaravon

Yeah, I've solo'd most of the Taken events for the Taken War quests on both of the characters I've played with in TTK, they must be retreating when you get there or something.

rc213

Understatement.

Especially since the last rare took like 30 minutes to find.

I'll probably do it next weekend. I was thinking about trying to get them all done before Armsday but I just don't have the motivation. Especially seeing with 2 Hunters + 1 Warlock, Void kills are going to take a hell of a lot longer.

Shouldn't take that long, I did void kills on my Titan. We've woken the hive over and over with nothing but the Grenades kills plus a gun with Grenadier perk. Drop grenade, kill a few thralls to recharge grenade, die repeat. About an hour and 15 minutes.

Anyone doing the Hunger Pangs : Fears Embrace for the Touch of Malice? Anyone want to help?

ocean

Banned
Sucks that you can't solo the taken wars because the taken despawn if you approach them by yourself without a fire team nearby.... My two 295+ light alts could easily solo all of them.
You can do them solo. If they disappear it's because you didn't kill all the Lieutenants in time. Which tbh is kinda tricky since they tend to spawn far away from each other and moving from one place to the next can take up the entire hidden timer on the event.

But it's not the lack of a Fireteam despawning them, it's the timer if you got there late or didn't clean up quickly enough. Sometimes you think you're done and they disappear because you missed a Lieutenant you never even saw :p the areas are big.

I only got to Oryx last night and after playing with some friendly people from the100.io for 3 hours trying to kill him I gave up. I really want a solid group from DGAF to raid with but Xbox One is the console DGAF forgot.

I don't feel like I'm doing enough DPS in all honesty. I'm using Hereafter and the Dead Orbit Omolon scout rifle.

Really wish I could get him beat
Weapons of Light is by far the single most useful ability someone can bring to the table. While not essential, it basically adds 2 extra people's worth of DPS. If you have trouble with
staggering Oryx or killing the Echo in time
, a Bubble might be what you need.

IDK, but I assume that another fire team was nearby. When I walk up to them alone and attack them they despawn.

That means you're too late. Out of all 3 characters, only twice were randoms around to help (IDK if its just me, but I hardly see people sticking around for these anymore, except at the Skywatch).

When they spawn, you have to kill the 3 lieutenants. It'll say when they're corrupting the area, and when they're slain. It's harder cause on areas such as the Rocketyard, you can to search all over for them.

If you don't slain them in time, they disappear. So while easier with a fireteam/randoms, its not impossible. You most likely will have to wait for the event to start from the beginning.

Oryx
^

Oryx encounter discussion
I really wouldn't call it only a DPS check, although that's obviously a factor. The Doxology stagger is not that demanding for a reasonably leveled team with snipers, Weapons of Light. ToM definitely helps give some leeway but it's far from necessary. Getting the stagger is more a question of survivability to have at least 5 people alive when his chest opens. Surviving the cycle is a test of mechanical understanding, not DPS. Knowing the timing of the rotation, Ogre and add spawns, Tomb ship, etc.

Completely agree about the rigid part though. There's no real freedom for varied strats, every cycle is identical, rinse and repeat. The only reason an experienced team wipes is because someone forgot which way counterclockwise goes, or slipped off their sync plate, or the relic runner missed their jump (too... much... platforming). The encounter completely lacks that great panicked rush when the wheels start to fall off but improvisation can still salvage the run. There hasn't been a fight since Templar that excelled at this, even Normal Crota had it.

Shouldn't take that long, I did void kills on my Titan. We've woken the hive over and over with nothing but the Grenades kills plus a gun with Grenadier perk. Drop grenade, kill a few thralls to recharge grenade, die repeat. About an hour and 15 minutes.

Christ. I think GG & Bladedancer only took about 30-45 minutes on Dark Beyond.

I think I'm just burned out right now, and either way I just realized I'm 40 flakes short so, I can wait. I'm done farming for now.

Simonnnnn

Anybody fancy helping me and my group with the raid?

We have five, experience would be nice as there is a couple of first timers in there including myself :)

Deku Tree

You can do them solo. If they disappear it's because you didn't kill all the Lieutenants in time. Which tbh is kinda tricky since they tend to spawn far away from each other and moving from one place to the next can take up the entire hidden timer on the event.

But it's not the lack of a Fireteam despawning them, it's the timer if you got there late or didn't clean up quickly enough. Sometimes you think you're done and they disappear because you missed a Lieutenant you never even saw :p the areas are big.

Weapons of Light is by far the single most useful ability someone can bring to the table. While not essential, it basically adds 2 extra people's worth of DPS. If you have trouble with
staggering Oryx or killing the Echo in time
, a Bubble might be what you need.

That means you're too late. Out of all 3 characters, only twice were randoms around to help (IDK if its just me, but I hardly see people sticking around for these anymore, except at the Skywatch).

When they spawn, you have to kill the 3 lieutenants. It'll say when they're corrupting the area, and when they're slain. It's harder cause on areas such as the Rocketyard, you can to search all over for them.

If you don't slain them in time, they disappear. So while easier with a fireteam/randoms, its not impossible. You most likely will have to wait for the event to start from the beginning.

Not sure. I walked into Citadel several times and waited around and got the first taken message above my super bar and walked up to them when the citadel was empty and they despawned immediately before the yellow bars even showed up. Has happened to me multiple times.

hitlerat

Im 294 warlock, and now I'd like to get goods weapons to try the raid...

What I have :
Primary :
- Jade Rabbit, Suros, Zhalo and Last Extremity with firefly
- Invective and some purple shots (no sniper :( )
- Nothing good a think

So, what sniper should I buy (or some quest to get) ?Are my primaries good to Raid?

Thanks

Top Bottom