• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Navy Bean

I'm sure people know this but (raid spoiler)
for the Echo phase of Oryx you can trap him with the Hunter Nightstalker super when he comes in the ring. We killed him that way with only 3-4 of us in there.

ocean

Banned
Im 294 warlock, and now I'd like to get goods weapons to try the raid...

What I have :
Primary :
- Jade Rabbit, Suros, Zhalo and Last Extremity with firefly
- Invective and some purple shots (no sniper :( )
- Nothing good a think

So, what sniper should I buy (or some quest to get) ?Are my primaries good to Raid?

Thanks
Vanguard sells 1000-Yard Stare. Excellent PvE sniper. One of the quests rewards you with it but the rolls aren't as good as the version on sale, which has Triple Tap and Perfect Balance (so good). It's definitely the sniper you want.

Zhalos is a top tier primary, you're good.

MrDaravon

Oryx encounter discussion
I really wouldn't call it only a DPS check, although that's obviously a factor. The Doxology stagger is not that demanding for a reasonably leveled team with snipers, Weapons of Light. ToM definitely helps give some leeway but it's far from necessary. Getting the stagger is more a question of survivability to have at least 5 people alive when his chest opens. Surviving the cycle is a test of mechanical understanding, not DPS. Knowing the timing of the rotation, Ogre and add spawns, Tomb ship, etc.

Completely agree about the rigid part though. There's no real freedom for varied strats, every cycle is identical, rinse and repeat. The only reason an experienced team wipes is because someone forgot which way counterclockwise goes, or slipped off their sync plate, or the relic runner missed their jump (too... much... platforming). The encounter completely lacks that great panicked rush when the wheels start to fall off but improvisation can still salvage the run. There hasn't been a fight since Templar that excelled at this, even Normal Crota had it.

Agreed. When a single or specific mistake is made and everyone is immediately "that's a wipe" and kills yourself to save time that's something I very much dislike. Enrage timers I'm fine with, but stuff like that drives me crazy. I still find most of the raid to be very tedious to be honest. Most of the bosses are tedious BUT can be taken down quickly enough with a solid group, but the last two parts just really drag to me. Nothing wrong with it per se, just not my cup of tea I guess since some people are really into it.

Deku Tree

Let's remember why, even though the grinding totally sucks, it is so worth it to grind for all three exotic swords:

pLlWc92.gif

wxcgrvT.gif

BOWbldT.gif

(not my gifs)

Shouldn't take that long, I did void kills on my Titan. We've woken the hive over and over with nothing but the Grenades kills plus a gun with Grenadier perk. Drop grenade, kill a few thralls to recharge grenade, die repeat. About an hour and 15 minutes.

Anyone doing the Hunger Pangs : Fears Embrace for the Touch of Malice? Anyone want to help?

I grinded strikes for the void kills on my Warlock. Got loot and finished the quest after about 10 or so strikes. Don't really remember. Also while i was farming I had bad juju and obsidian mind going so I can super groups of enemies while I was farming.

noomi

Story missions and taken wars done across all 3 of my characters now. Took a while, but feels good to know its done for good, now all my guys can have 310 artifacts, woo!

Last thing I need is the arc sword, and ill be farming that on Monday to get ready for arms day.

Feeling pretty accomplished this weekend :p

Vanguard sells 1000-Yard Stare. Excellent PvE sniper. One of the quests rewards you with it but the rolls aren't as good as the version on sale, which has Triple Tap and Perfect Balance (so good). It's definitely the sniper you want.

1000yard stare is also a quest reward too. Can't remember what quest tho

Also has the hammer bro spam glitch been posted yet?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can confirm that if you do the old hunger quest before the hive cabal ultra super soldier quest you could skip having to give ol Eris 50 flakes.

ocean

Banned
Let's remember why, even though the grinding totally sucks, it is so worth it to grind for all three exotic swords:
The video where a guy brings mini Crota's shields down with a single Solar R2 made me go grind.

20 minutes and 16 nodes later, I had 1 special mat.

I quit.

hitlerat

Thanks...
So Zhalo, yard Stare and ?
I have 2 purple machine gun but never tried then ( always with sword)

ocean

Banned
Thanks...
So Zhalo, yard Stare and ?
I have 2 purple machine gun but never tried then ( always with sword)
Heavy isn't that important in the raid tbh. You can use a RL to clean up trash or a machine gun for boss DPS but the main tool is your Sniper.

MrDaravon

Hey is anyone down for helping my Titan run a Nightfall? 293-295 Light, need to do it (besides obvious reasons) for Ikora's Quest to wrap that up and get the 300 Special Weapon. PSN: MrDaravon

I can confirm that if you do the old hunger quest before the hive cabal ultra super soldier quest you could skip having to give ol Eris 50 flakes.

Wait wait what

Anyone doing nightfall?

Nope but I need too

Are you two on PS4? Hit me up if so, we've got a group right here

Not sure. I walked into Citadel several times and waited around and got the first taken message above my super bar and walked up to them when the citadel was empty and they despawned immediately before the yellow bars even showed up. Has happened to me multiple times.

Thats weird, it's only happened when they've already been there for me.

Deku Tree

The video where a guy brings mini Crota's shields down with a single Solar R2 made me go grind.

20 minutes and 16 nodes later, I had 1 special mat.

I quit.

That's too long. You should probably modify your farming strategy if you want to do it. I think you get one special mat on average every 10 nodes... of course its RNG so that can vary... but based on my experience it's a 10% chance. And you should be picking up at least ten nodes every five minutes.

I have been doing it on my warlock. I stay on my sparrow. I wait for the nodes to spawn. And I use my ghost to find them. And I do loops around the edges of each area starting from spawn. If I do one or two loops where very few are spawning then I go to the next nearby area. When I get to the last area then I go to orbit and come back, or if some other player is messing up the spawns then I move on... and when I get an opportunity to do the "zone in zone out glitch" then I do that as long as I can... it's really truly horrible and I hope they shorten it just like they are gonna shorten the crucible quest line, but it can be done much faster than 1 special mat every 20 minutes.

ocean

Banned
That's too long. You should probably modify your farming strategy if you want to do it. I think you get one special mat on average every 10 nodes... of course its RNG so that can vary... but based on my experience it's a 10% chance. And you should be picking up at least ten nodes every five minutes.

I have been doing it on my warlock. I stay on my sparrow. I wait for the nodes to spawn. And I use my ghost to find them. And I do loops around the edges of each area starting from spawn. If I do one or two loops where very few are spawning then I go to the next nearby area. When I get to the last area then I go to orbit and come back, or if some other player is messing up the spawns then I move on... and when I get an opportunity to do the "zone in zone out glitch" then I do that as long as I can... it's really truly horrible and I hope they shorten it just like they are gonna shorten the crucible quest line, but it can be done much faster than 1 special mat every 20 minutes.
I'm hearing most people say it took them 2-3 hours. That means 12-18 minutes per special mat while doing the most boring thing imaginable. If you get a special mat every 5 I should do this with you :p

This is truly a terrible and disappointing decision by Bungie. I get that they want Patrol to be populated for newbies to see the world is lively, but they should accept we don't like being forced to farm materials. Damn.

They had let go of this shit. I don't know why they're back to 1.0 style AAA FarmVille with TTK.

I'm hearing most people say it took them 2-3 hours. That means 12-18 minutes per special mat while doing the most boring thing imaginable.

This is truly a terrible and disappointing decision by Bungie. I get that they want Patrol to be populated for newbies to see the world is lively, but they should accept we don't like being forced to farm materials. Damn.

They had let go of this shit. I don't know why they're back to 1.0 style AAA FarmVille with TTK.

I did the quests last night,luckily I had a helium ghost. Took about 3 hours to find them all, halfway through I had 2 friends login and join me to do the same thing since they didn't have a helium ghost. Man was it mind numbing

gdt

Ok raiding on a Sunday night seems to be a bust haha.

Anyone down for a Nightfall? My Warlock just hit 280.

Ps4 gdt5016

I'm hearing most people say it took them 2-3 hours. That means 12-18 minutes per special mat while doing the most boring thing imaginable. If you get a special mat every 5 I should do this with you :p

I probably wouldn't even be that mad if we could get our reward right after. I thought the whole Elder Cipher wait was stupid, why do we even have to wait until Armsday now?

We're at the
War Priest fight
in Kings Fall and need 3 more people! We're hoping to finish this up today if anyone's interested

PSN: joshcbrugby

Deku Tree

I got four earth mats in about 30 minutes of grinding earlier. That would be a little over an hour for 10 if my luck holds up. And it's on a warlock without enhanced night stalker tracking. I think people just forgot how to farm efficiently or they weren't even around back then.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome. I'll send you an FR. Here's the crew

Ltwood12
Hawkian
Deku
DrDrizz
Tearsofblood
Bgbball
Am I running point on this or does someone with more experience want to take the wheel? Happy either way.

Also, looking to run CoO until it's time to go if anyone (in this group or not) is in for that. About to fly down to the Dreadnaught with my Titan and setting fireteam to Public (PSN Hawkian. I have a handful of Reciprocals and one Stolen. (New guaranteed rune sources would be a great addition Bungie :p)

Deku Tree

Am I running point on this or does someone with more experience want to take the wheel? Happy either way.

Also, looking to run CoO until it's time to go if anyone (in this group or not) is in for that. About to fly down to the Dreadnaught with my Titan and setting fireteam to Public (PSN Hawkian. I have a handful of Reciprocals and one Stolen. (New guaranteed rune sources would be a great addition Bungie :p)

I think at least me, you, tears and especially Driz are very familiar with the mechanics and maybe others. Driz is up to his 15 Oryx kill last time I checked, pro mode Sherpa.

Namikaze1

I got four earth mats in about 30 minutes of grinding earlier. That would be a little over an hour for 10 if my luck holds up. And it's on a warlock without enhanced night stalker tracking. I think people just forgot how to farm efficiently or they weren't even around back then.
Or perhaps it's because the drop rate is so freaking low and not because they don't know how to farm efficiently or weren't around back then. I went nearly an hour without getting one after getting 6 for the arc sword.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think me, you, tears and especially Driz are very familiar with the mechanics. Driz is up to his 15 Oryx kill last time I checked, pro mode Sherpa.
Yeah cool with me if he wants to lead. I haven't run it yet on my Titan so I won't be as confident anyway.

ocean

Banned
Oh I was around from the minute this game launched. Hated it then, too. Only upgraded the very essential. The vast, overwhelming majority of my gear was Not upgraded (except for my Raid loadout out of sheer necessity of being 30 with 300/300/300 for VoG) until they let us buy mats with Marks.

It was bad then and it's worse now because they could at least say they didn't know any better back then

LF some people to run the shield brothers quest (shotguns only) for either themselves or some kind folk - have had no joy being matchmade with some really low geared people (I am only 288 myself but i think i am close enough to 290?)

PSN: CmdrN7Shepard

the_id

We just did our first raid ever! The Vault of Glass and my god was it hard. It was good team effort though from all of us.

Top Bottom