• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Weird... anyone have any idea why Reciprocal Runes can't be transferred from an app? I transferred my Stolen no problem. Bizarre.

Well, I'll be running around looking for runes until a Court of Oryx session is going when I get down there. Join me if you want to do an hour or so of CoO.

Dawg

Level 40, guys! <333

CP8SravWsAA_MXh.jpg:large

CP8TDprXAAA_k_P.jpg:large

CP8bmqKWUAA5E9j.jpg:large

I guess the real game starts now :eek:

In the undying mind, at least on the Taken version, I never knew there was a spot to drop a patrol beacon and call in a turret. Made that first part so much faster D:

Namikaze1

Weird... anyone have any idea why Reciprocal Runes can't be transferred from an app? I transferred my Stolen no problem. Bizarre.

Well, I'll be running around looking for runes until a Court of Oryx session is going when I get down there. Join me if you want to do an hour or so of CoO.
Reciprocal Runes, Charged Stolen runes, and Charged Antiquated Runes can't be transferred for some reason only Bungie knows.

Deku Tree

Or perhaps it's because the drop rate is so freaking low and not because they don't know how to farm efficiently or weren't around back then. I went nearly an hour without getting one after getting 6 for the arc sword.

Sorry about that experience you had Nami. If that happened to me I would have taken a break from it. It's RNG so unfortunately you can get really unlucky sometimes.

Didn't mean to offend anybody. From my experience with my Solar and Arc Sword Farm, I think the drop rate is 10%.

Oh I was around from the minute this game launched. Hated it then, too. Only upgraded the very essential. The vast, overwhelming majority of my gear was Not upgraded (except for my Raid loadout out of sheer necessity of being 30 with 300/300/300 for VoG) until they let us buy mats with Marks.

It was bad then and it's worse now because they could at least say they didn't know any better back then

Yeah it's bad. Absolutely agree. They needed to give us some "work" to do, and they want to fill the public spaces, and they had farming laying around so they went with it. I hate it too.

X-Frame

I'm going back to full pre-TTK meta mode now.

Peregrine Greaves for all the Sunbreakers and Stormcallers, God-rolled Party Crasher & Tomorrow's Answer. Oh and Red Death. Don't even care. I need these wins, especially when I lose points for losing games.

Is Touch of Malice good in PvP? I could use that too.

In the undying mind, at least on the Taken version, I never knew there was a spot to drop a patrol beacon and call in a turret. Made that first part so much faster D:

Theres also one on the Flayers strike. Right where you have to go up the circular ramp (right between where the first two Cyclops spawn).

Deku Tree

I don't like the farming and I wish they would fix it or remove it. And find some better more fun way to fill the social spaces. But I'd rather do the horrible farm for mats and do some hard challenging strikes and other stuff and get a guaranteed sword at the end of it, then be waiting around for RNG to bless me with one.

I didn't get my horn until late January. So from that perspective the farm is horrible but it's a step up from the old system.

MrDaravon

Thanks for the run guys! Had to go real quick once it was over. I like how the time I got the 30 hammers off on the boss we wiped, but then the next time we just dropped him immediately lol

Is there a list of strikes that have been revamped since The Taken King? I've run The Nexus like three times and it's exactly the same as it always was.

Namikaze1

There's one in Echo Chamber for when the Fallen Walker is on the field near the steps leading up to the Gatelord's gate. No one used it though. We just ran by the Walker.

There's one in Echo Chamber for when the Fallen Walker is on the field near the steps leading up to the Gatelord's gate. No one used it though. We just ran by the Walker.

It seems completely random when they appear too. Sometimes it'll be there in Dust Palace before you get to the towers roof, sometimes it won't be.

zewone

We need a 6th for the raid, ours fell asleep.

We're at the
totems.

Please have experience or know the fights is all we ask.

PSN zewone

Thanks for the run guys! Had to go real quick once it was over. I like how the time I got the 30 hammers off on the boss we wiped, but then the next time we just dropped him immediately lol

Ahah yea my void weapons were terrible at that but didn't have any problem the second time around. Thanks for the invite.

Namikaze1

It seems completely random when they appear too. Sometimes it'll be there in Dust Palace before you get to the towers roof, sometimes it won't be.
I think it just depends on what enemies show up. I only came across that Fallen Walker just once in the many Echo Chamber strikes I had today. The turret spawned directly across from it. I've seen the turret you speak of just once so far.

Bungie has invented RNG difficulty

Neither artificial nor sensical difficulty, it's completely random.

I think it just depends on what enemies show up. I only came across that Fallen Walker just once in the many Echo Chamber strikes I had today. The turret spawned directly across from it. I've seen the turret you speak of just once so far.

I've seen it spawn once during a taken/cabal encounter. Never again, not even during the same encounters.

inthrall

Peregrine Greaves for all the Sunbreakers and Stormcallers, God-rolled Party Crasher & Tomorrow's Answer. Oh and Red Death. Don't even care. I need these wins, especially when I lose points for losing games.

Touch is garbage, takes a clip to kill a guardian. Red Death ftw

We need a 6th for the raid, ours fell asleep.

We're at the
totems.

Please have experience or know the fights is all we ask.

PSN zewone

That early? Damn, get that person some Folgers. Always cracks me up when you start hearing somebody snoring over party chat...

Vire

Wow, Bungie really needs to do something about this quitting situation in Heroics... What the fuck is wrong with people?

I just queued up for 3 Heroics and literally had everyone else but me quit in the first ten seconds. It seems as though adding unique legendaries for specific strikes was a bad idea that had unintended consequences because these assholes keep quitting so they can get the gear they want.

Deku Tree

So what's the whole deal with the Sleeper Simulant?

It was heavily teased in the GI articles coverage along with Time to Explain. But no one knows how to get them. Could be a quest that has to do with the hard raid. SS in particular is supposed to be a super cool heavy fusion.

Like Inthrall said, I wasn't a fan from the little I used it today. Definitely a PvE weapon. It's the Age of Pulse Rifles with the raid PR and the exotics. Even the exotic auto rifles like Monte Carlo seem more competitive than most scouts or hand cannons now.

Yeah cool with me if he wants to lead. I haven't run it yet on my Titan so I won't be as confident anyway.

Doesn't matter to me. I'm not worried about anything with our group. I get tired of hearing myself talk sometimes so I never mind if other people want to do more explaining.

MrDaravon

Wow, Bungie really needs to do something about this quitting situation in Heroics... What the fuck is wrong with people?

I just queued up for 3 Heroics and literally had everyone else but me quit in the first ten seconds. It seems as though adding unique legendaries for specific strikes was a bad idea that had unintended consequences because these assholes keep quitting so they can get the gear they want.

Also some of the Strikes are ridiculous (Undying Mind) and the current Strike rotation is total shit, and you have no way of knowing the Strike until you're loading in. They do need to address being able to join mid-Strike, I have never once had someone join mid-strike (me and a friend had to two man 4 out of the 5 Heroic Strikes on my first character). The whole situation is kinda fucked, I do seem to get more/better drops out of that playlist as opposed to the 36 one but I'm just not touching Strikes at all until they get their shit in order.

Top Bottom