• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is there anything other than luck involved in getting an Antiquated Rune? I've gotten a ton of Reciprocal and a Stolen but haven't gotten an Antiquated yet.

Mindlog

Can someone explain the trick with exotic sword quest and multiple swords/characters?
Basically you complete your first exotic sword. Then after your alts get their swords you pass them off to the same character. If your original character fills in the last bubble of the sword you will skip a bunch of steps.

Agent

CP9UJpJWgAANzn0.jpg

Adding items from bosses to strike drops was a cool idea. I'm a fan of the Psion Flayer boss cloak.

Hopefully I can get a chance to raid soon. My Warlock is 297, Hunter is 295, and Titan is 294. Seems like a good percentage of groups only want people who have done the raid, which I understand, but is a bummer for those who don't have regular groups to learn/run it.

pixxxelz

CP9UJpJWgAANzn0.jpg

Adding items from bosses to strike drops was a cool idea. I'm a fan of the Psion Flayer boss cloak.

Hopefully I can get a chance to raid soon. My Warlock is 297, Hunter is 295, and Titan is 294. Seems like a good percentage of groups only want people who have done the raid, which I understand, but is a bummer for those who don't have regular groups to learn/run it.
I'm currently farming dust palace for this cloak, 10 runs so far and nothing :(

I have a checkpoint at the final boss for the Kings Fall raid. Probably want to get it done tomorrow afternoon/night. I'll repost again if I need more people.

Strider

So I just completed Taken War: Mars and now it's asking me to go to Phobos.

How many more steps after this one do I need to complete the entire Taken War questline for the 310 artifact? What are those steps?

Future

I'm still confused why people can't just let it occur naturally, when heavy pops go grab it, use the sword when applicable, do not run around like an idiot with it, repeat.

Hardcore mentality. Want everything NOW. Even though the task is almost begging you to finish in week or 2. Not 2 hours of solid farming one repetitive element

inthrall

How many more steps after this one do I need to complete the entire Taken War questline for the 310 artifact? What are those steps?

Literally the last step (from memory)

rc213

Assuming Slammin is coming, I just filled up :(

EDIT: I guess he's not coming since he isn't saying anything and is offline? I'll invite you then.

CP9UJpJWgAANzn0.jpg

Thanks Bogeypop had no idea you could kill them.

I have the Void Flayer Cloak, Had no idea it was a boss item. Cool

Jade Rabbit worth keeping or use it to infuse my Raid Scout to 310 with it?

Touch of Malice is sooooo good but not that practical other than patrol, a few key bosses where you can shoot from cover.

Fears Embrace, I think, is the last misson before Eris hands you The Road To Kings Fall for the raid.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

That's the last bit of you've cleared the other planets already. The artifact is 300 BTW

maomaoIYP

Can someone explain the trick with exotic sword quest and multiple swords/characters?

1) On your main character (I recommend hunter, for materials farming purposes), get the sword, infuse it past 281, upgrade it to max to unlock the exotic quest.
2) Do all the necessary steps to reach the "wait for armsday delivery" step.
3) On your secondary characters, get the sword, transfer them to your main character.
4) Main character infuses the other 2 swords past 281, upgrades them to max.
5) Shaxx will now give you another 2 exotic sword quests, both of which will no longer require the kill 50 majors / 25 players step.
6) Farm for materials and elemental skill kills as needed.
7) Profit!

I'm still confused why people can't just let it occur naturally, when heavy pops go grab it, use the sword when applicable, do not run around like an idiot with it, repeat.

Me too. The swords are really good in Crucible. A shotgun can ruin your fun sometimes, but the sword is a one hit kill with no aiming. Boggles my mind how people can't just play normally and get the 25.

1) On your main character (I recommend hunter, for materials farming purposes), get the sword, infuse it past 281, upgrade it to max to unlock the exotic quest.
2) Do all the necessary steps to reach the "wait for armsday delivery" step.
3) On your secondary characters, get the sword, transfer them to your main character.
4) Main character infuses the other 2 swords past 281, upgrades them to max.
5) Shaxx will now give you another 2 exotic sword quests, both of which will no longer require the kill 50 majors / 25 players step.
6) Farm for materials and elemental skill kills as needed.
7) Profit!

I think Warlock is better. Just get a ghost shell that senses the material you need. Warlock is helpful more so for the ability kills. Voidwalker + Obsidian Mind + Bad Juju. Stormcaller + Feedback + Bad Juju + Perpetual Charge. Haven't done solar yet, but I'm thinking Heart of the Praxic Fire + Bad Juju + Radiant Will.

gatti-man

310 the last word get. Wish I could get more heavy weapons to upgrade my thunderlord into the 300+ club. I already have a 307 primary. Not sure if I want to use the last work to make it 310 or just keep it for trials. My main is up to light level 306. Bring on hard mode.

Schryver

For Touch of Malice...Is it safe to do the Undying Mind part of Huger Pangs even though I'm still on Form The Ritual step of The Old Hunger?

maomaoIYP

I think Warlock is better. Just get a ghost shell that senses the material you need. Warlock is helpful more so for the ability kills. Voidwalker + Obsidian Mind + Bad Juju. Stormcaller + Feedback + Bad Juju + Perpetual Charge. Haven't done solar yet, but I'm thinking Heart of the Praxic Fire + Bad Juju + Radiant Will.

I didn't have the ghost shells for my hunter, but yeah that works too.
For hunter's ability kills:
Bring a skyburner's annex and machine gun. Awaken the hive on normal means one MG shot = one kill. Or bad juju/zhalo is gravy too
Solar: Incendiary grenade, golden gun with combustion.
Arc: Whatever grenade you like, arc blade with encore, showstopper/razor's edge
Void: Vortex grenade, poison smoke, blood bound with predator

Is there anyone who wants to hop in with our raid group at
Sister-Daughters
? I gtg but the rest of the 5 are down to finish it.

Edit: actually two spots open

Top Bottom