• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just got message Game World will reboot.

RIP
destiny-ttk-black-spindle.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A good hunter with the ability to tether multiple adds in the boss room is a pretty good play, with titan hammers smashing them to follow up (especially with sunspots active to keep that area on fire for a while).

Chaining supers that way really, really helps. If you don't have the right combinatino of classes it's really tough. Tried running with a couple of warlocks, but they couldn't feed me orbs to keep the hammers flying it was just DPS fest with primaries. That won't do it in a group of three.

Chase helped us out even though he had done it already by using a good tether and I got lots of orbs for my hammer. We finished with over 2 minutes left.

Yeah. Definitely agree.

A lot of people were frustrated dealing with the psions, but honestly those guys are nothing but orb fodder - and if you can identify when and where they're going to spawn then you can get super on them immediately and start a fresh chain for your fireteam. At the very least, you can put a rocket on them.

I honestly don't think that Defenders are better for that mission than Sunbreakers are either. Usually, Defender Titans are the PvE kings but here they almost work against you at times.

lt519

Side Note: Yesterday was my first day back at work and my coworkers all said I'm crazy for not buying another ps4 for Destiny/playing a game on vacation but because I played a game on vacation! It's so hard to explain to them why it was important for me to do that and get my feet wet while I was away. Nobody understands!

Glad you caught up fast and are enjoying it! It's funny because I was asking my girlfriend if it was weird I was taking my PS4 with me on my trip. I had to explain that the entire fun of the game is playing with people and experiencing things as they happen for the first time and evolve, like Black Spindle. One month from now the game will still be fun but all the awe and excitement will have been drowned out and waiting that long to do the raid or some events with experienced people will ruin some of the fun. I binge played with my friends while I was home this first week so I didn't miss out on all that, she's fantastic for understanding that. But it took some explaining and some actual sincere talks that it was oddly causing me a lot of stress that I might not be around to play for the next few weeks and if I couldn't be then I wanted to get as much in as I could. Should be just a game but it's formed into a fun community for me, especially with my IRL clan mates.

Somnia

You shouldnt say stuff like this when we dont have a clear answer at this point. My bet would be that they just drop all the black spindles to 290.

They clearly stated on the bungie forums that gear you upgraded with the 310 spindle would NOT be affected. So I'm just repeating what Bungie said.

Shito

Our closest runs I would concentrate on taking out the big orbs and ads while T-44 and Tokems did DPS. Blessing of light bubble for added durability plus gift of the void helped w/ orb generation and feeding Tokem's Celestial Nighthawk. I kind of wonder if what ended up screwing us was staying in that initial hallway the whole time. Maybe an approach similar to Skolas where you rotate around the room would've worked better.
I kind of think going with defender on that fight is a mistake, at least if you don't push it all the way with two of them, one being wol and the other one blessing, with your main goal being to burn the boss as quickly as possible.
If you go the balls and adds way instead, defender is not good because it generates orbs without clearing the adds. You want all of your supers to be aggressive *and* orb generating. Solar Titan and warlock are great at this because they burn those captains all the while making huge damage to the smaller adds. Hunter should play nightstalker for the same reasons: gunslinger with the celestial can only kill *one* captain, compared to tethering that obliterates all packs of adds and balls, generating more orbs.

Yeah. Definitely agree.

A lot of people were frustrated dealing with the psions, but honestly those guys are nothing but orb fodder - and if you can identify when and where they're going to spawn then you can get super on them immediately and start a fresh chain for your fireteam. At the very least, you can put a rocket on them.

I honestly don't think that Defenders are better for that mission than Sunbreakers are either. Usually, Defender Titans are the PvE kings but here they almost work against you at times.
Yup, we're on the same page. ^^

Sane_Man

For new page:

Raid to start ASAP.

1. Sane_Man (PSN: SaneManPritch, 300 warlock)
2. thelongdarkriversofhell (PSN: darkistheway, 294 hunter)
3. kudoboi (PSN: kudouz, 294 warlock)
4. Werd (PSN: Raptor2525, 296 titan)
5. AQ706 (PSN: biggy70686, ??)
6. Revolutionary

:Edit: Full

For new page:

Raid to start ASAP.

1. Sane_Man (PSN: SaneManPritch, 300 warlock)
2. thelongdarkriversofhell (PSN: darkistheway, 294 hunter)
3. kudoboi (PSN: kudouz, 294 warlock)
4. Werd (PSN: Raptor2525, 296 titan)
5. AQ706 (PSN: biggy70686, ??)
6. ??

One more slot open.
I'm still in. Sorry I missed previous posts about it.
But we may have to wait anyway because of world reboot

Lee

I left my 310 spindle alone hoping to use it tonight. Oh well. I have a few duplicates at 300 so I can least infuse it back to 300 and hit Old Golg with that.

LordofPwn

Where are the 4 relics? I've found 3. Are they just on different planets?

i've gotten 4 on my warlock but wasn't paying attention. they were all random drops, i think mostly in patrol, but i know some people got them from strikes.

This weapon has been called a gjallarhorn replacement and it's a quest reward so anyone could get it, so they have to make completing it difficult by not telling people how to get it. it's up to the community to solve it and thus making the community worthy of having it.

lt519

What if they just trolled everyone into infusing their 310 spindles into other weapons. I'd laugh pretty hard.

Technique, bet your glad you got all those 300's infused in so quickly

Strider

Oh wait. You can buy tier 2 CoO runes from Eris once you hit rank 5. Sweeeeet. If I can't get all the fragments first run through I can at least fall back to that. I'm rank 4 now so will be 5 soon.

LTWood12

Given how hard people worked to earn the weapon yesterday, and how many more failed to overcome the challenge, I think this is the wrong move.

lt519

I'm expecting some nerfs to the raid as well, probably not in this hotfix, but soon. It's a little hard-modey to me already. Some of the enrage tactics are very aggressive for a normal mode raid. So either health drops or enrage time increases probably to balance it out.

Not that I want them, just expecting them after how they tweaked Skolas after seeing the general populace play it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The nerf of Spindle from 310 to 290 really isn't that big a deal since you could have fused your 310 away to eventually make a new Spindle with 306/307-ish.

Ophelion

Given how hard people worked to earn the weapon yesterday, and how many more failed to overcome the challenge, I think this is the wrong move.

Would be nice if they nerfed the difficulty of the secret zone if they're gunna nerf the gun you get for it next time too if they're gunna do that. I've already got a sniper over 290. Not having to reload is good, but it's not so great as to subject myself to hours of that bullshit again. It just isn't.

Which isn't to say I won't beg a Sherpa to take me. I absolutely will do that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

yes, i'd like to trade my spindle in for a ship if possible

E92 M3

I'm expecting some nerfs to the raid as well, probably not in this hotfix, but soon. It's a little hard-modey to me already. Some of the enrage tactics are very aggressive for a normal mode raid. So either health drops or enrage time increases probably to balance it out.

Not that I want them, just expecting them after how they tweaked Skolas after seeing the general populace play it.

Nooo raid is perfect. Banged my head for over 12 hours initially and now know all the mechanics inside out.

A good hunter with the ability to tether multiple adds in the boss room is a pretty good play, with titan hammers smashing them to follow up (especially with sunspots active to keep that area on fire for a while).

Chaining supers that way really, really helps. If you don't have the right combinatino of classes it's really tough. Tried running with a couple of warlocks, but they couldn't feed me orbs to keep the hammers flying it was just DPS fest with primaries. That won't do it in a group of three.

Chase helped us out even though he had done it already by using a good tether and I got lots of orbs for my hammer. We finished with over 2 minutes left.

I'd consider myself pretty good with tethering, but I have to admit that in that fight I was ridiculously terrible. Every shot would end in disappointment.

-Shot a spawn ball and it tookened my tether before the ads spawned in and could attach.
-Triggering the bow launched me into the air and I tethered the top of the doorway.
-tethered the two knights but couldn't break their shields with my void sniper.
-tethered the two knights and they just walked in opposite directions like they didn't give a fuck.
-Shot a bow right where Hawk shot one about two seconds too late...1 orb.

Top Bottom