• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LiK

take an awesome surprise secret which granted an amazing reward for hard work and flush it down the toilet cuz it was an error. Bungie pls

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm expecting some nerfs to the raid as well, probably not in this hotfix, but soon. It's a little hard-modey to me already. Some of the enrage tactics are very aggressive for a normal mode raid. So either health drops or enrage time increases probably to balance it out.

Not that I want them, just expecting them after how they tweaked Skolas after seeing the general populace play it.

I can't imagine that they would tone the raid down. I think it's fine as-is, and really, if you are in a team of 6 who know the encounters and know how to not die, then it's bordering on easy, at least until the final boss.

Mupod

I'm expecting some nerfs to the raid as well, probably not in this hotfix, but soon. It's a little hard-modey to me already. Some of the enrage tactics are very aggressive for a normal mode raid. So either health drops or enrage time increases probably to balance it out.

Not that I want them, just expecting them after how they tweaked Skolas after seeing the general populace play it.

I don't know. I feel like the dps requirements are reasonable now that everyone realized they needed a good sniper rifle and our item levels have gone up. We had two newbies in our raid on Tuesday and we were just tearing everything up.

Now if everybody went in next week with a 310 Black Spindle, I bet you'd see some crazy shit like even average groups two-rounding the first and second bosses.

What they actually need to fix is the Taken Captains' blinding bubble. They fucking spam it while rushing the player. They are the dumbest enemies I've ever seen. They're not even remotely fun to fight.

lt519

Nooo raid is perfect. Banged my head for over 12 hours initially and now know all the mechanics inside out.

I don't think mechanic changes are what they'll do, just health on
golgoroth
and maybe
increase enrage timer on Warpriest so a 4th round is possible.
. Just a guess, I'd rather do it the hard way. I was one of the dumb few that solo'd Inferno on vanilla Diablo III pre-Gohm nerf. That was the hardest thing I've ever done in a video game.

To most of the responses, I think the reasoning is that DGAF is not just good but fantastic at the game. Yet there are still a lot of us that are struggling on some of the encounters without the help from our pros. Now look at the general Destiny population and how bad the majority of it is that requires anything beyond pummeling something with a Gjallahorn. Again, it's a normal raid, hard mode can crank it up. But I'd expect DGAF to be steam rolling a Normal raid given the suggested light requirement and with the exception of some of our best players we're not there yet.

Juraash

Nah. Got plenty close. I was falling asleep with my trigger held down the last few atttempts and just had to call it. I feel so ridiculously tired today

Well that's a bummer :/ Though you being tired is no shock. You sounded pretty exhausted on our attempts and you kept it going. Why isn't Destiny our job again?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
take an awesome surprise secret which granted an amazing reward for hard work and flush it down the toilet cuz it was an error. Bungie pls

Man you guys are VASTLY overstating the light change to Spindle, sheesh.

Lyonaz

Yeah I'm gonna infuse the 310 BS into my 300 shotgun so I can put it back into a kiosk BS that I will lvl to 300 first.

The shotgun is a story mission reward so I can get it back by doing it on my other characters . Am out of glimmer so this my best option at the moment. Gonna be off most of the time tonight anyways.

LordofPwn

i beat the raid in 2 hours on tuesday taking 2 fresh people through it. its mechanics heavy that's about it. if you know where enemies come from and when they spawn they are not a problem at all. With Skolas people were cheesing it because doing it the right way was too difficult. in this raid the easy way is the correct way.

E92 M3

I don't think mechanic changes are what they'll do, just health on
golgoroth
and maybe
increase enrage timer on Warpriest so a 4th round is possible.
. Just a guess, I'd rather do it the hard way. I was one of the dumb few that solo'd Inferno on vanilla Diablo III pre-Gohm nerf. That was the hardest thing I've ever done in a video game.

But a 4th round is possible
without enrage.

Jinjo

310 will turn into 290 or 280 because it dropping as 310 was unintentional oversight by Bungie.

Shit, so I should infuse my 310 into my 303 raid sniper? What if I infuse a 310 spindle in my 300 spindle? Will it be unaffected then?

Shito

I'd consider myself pretty good with tethering, but I have to admit that in that fight I was ridiculously terrible. Every shot would end in disappointment.

-Shot a spawn ball and it tookened my tether before the ads spawned in and could attach.
-Triggering the bow launched me into the air and I tethered the top of the doorway.
-tethered the two knights but couldn't break their shields with my void sniper.
-tethered the two knights and they just walked in opposite directions like they didn't give a fuck.
-Shot a bow right where Hawk shot one about two seconds too late...1 orb.
I did the door thing! :D
It's even for everyone to see in our winning run video I posted here. ^^
To your defence, two nightstalkers are probably a bit counter-productive...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
What they actually need to fix is the Taken Captains' blinding bubble. They fucking spam it while rushing the player. They are the dumbest enemies I've ever seen. They're not even remotely fun to fight.

I would like to see them have some sort of cool down. The captains can shoot a second bubble before I've even hit the ground after jumping the first one.
Unless they already have a cool down after a certain amount that I haven't noticed

Wallach

It's not like you can't get the Spindle back up to 310 eventually yourself. I'd be more concerned if they were lowering the impact or something.

Tovarisc

Shit, so I should infuse my 310 into my 303 raid sniper? What if I infuse a 310 spindle in my 300 spindle? Will it be unaffected then?

Safest move would be infusing raid sniper with 310 Spindle, infusing 300 Spindle with 310 one may be risky and no one knows if nerf will hit it too. I put 310 into my 1000-Yard and purchased new 300 Spindle.

Ophelion

I'd consider myself pretty good with tethering, but I have to admit that in that fight I was ridiculously terrible. Every shot would end in disappointment.

-Shot a spawn ball and it tookened my tether before the ads spawned in and could attach.
-Triggering the bow launched me into the air and I tethered the top of the doorway.
-tethered the two knights but couldn't break their shields with my void sniper.
-tethered the two knights and they just walked in opposite directions like they didn't give a fuck.
-Shot a bow right where Hawk shot one about two seconds too late...1 orb.

I had a run where every time I entered Stormtrance, I'd get sniped by someone I thought was already dead or get blown up by one of those taken centurion energy balls as it popped awkwardly over an obstacle or I'd get rushed by a giant wave of shadow thralls from behind that somehow were just out of range of Landfall when I began the trance. Every. Damn. Time.

I just want to rage like an angry storm god across the battlefield, razing the armies who dare stand before me, is that so much to ask?

Trickster

Seriously lol

if its just an attack value change, then like... its fucking nothing haha

If it's not a big deal, why nerf it at all? I mean, I get nerfing the blueprint version because it would make infusing special weapons trivial for people with lots of exotic shards. But the 310 one I don't get the nerf to.

It's not like you can't get the Spindle back up to 310 eventually yourself. I'd be more concerned if they were lowering the impact or something.

Sure, it's not like it's not possible. But exotic shards aint exactly super easy to come by. And all this has done is make people try and jump through hoops to minimize the effect of the nerf.

lt519

But a 4th round is possible
without enrage.

Yeah that's how we did it, but I was playing with a group earlier that was under the impression it wasn't because
they weren't clearing the adds fast enough.

Didn't mean to get anyone ruffled up, was just guessing at what Bungie might do. Could be way off the mark and I actually don't want them to do either of those.

i beat the raid in 2 hours on tuesday taking 2 fresh people through it. its mechanics heavy that's about it. if you know where enemies come from and when they spawn they are not a problem at all. With Skolas people were cheesing it because doing it the right way was too difficult. in this raid the easy way is the correct way.

It's more the DPS checks that I think ended up being too hard (as in strict). If someone wants to extend a fight but still stay within the mechanics there really shouldn't be that hard of a check, soften it up a bit to allow one or two failed rotations, it is Normal after all. At the recommended light level you have to be perfect and most of Destiny is not that.

Given how hard people worked to earn the weapon yesterday, and how many more failed to overcome the challenge, I think this is the wrong move.

I agree. This was almost like a PVE version of Trials. Some could walk right through, others just couldn't no matter how hard they tried. In a couple of weeks I'll have 300+ weapons from the raid, and will be able to infuse whatever. If the spindle is 290, I probably won't bother.

Lee

I did the door thing! :D
It's even for everyone to see in our winning run video I posted here. ^^
To your defence, two nightstalkers are probably a bit counter-productive...

Crucible. Warlock is coming my way, pops his arc super. I dip behind a wall and pop my golden gun, only it wasn't my golden gun. Void bowed the wall right in front of my face, arclock finished me off easily, but then
surprise motherfucker
he got tethered by my bow and lost out on the rest of his super. I imagined him being so confused by that tether placement, considering no one else was around.

EL CUCO

t6nC95A.jpg

I would like to see them have some sort of cool down. The captains can shoot a second bubble before I've even hit the ground after jumping the first one.
Unless they already have a cool down after a certain amount that I haven't noticed
I agree. I literally watched on spam it every 3 seconds. When there are multiple Captains it becomes unbearable.

I can't imagine that they would tone the raid down. I think it's fine as-is, and really, if you are in a team of 6 who know the encounters and know how to not die, then it's bordering on easy, at least until the final boss.

Once everyone is up around 300 Light it all becomes much, much easier. Even Oryx.

Jinjo

What a dumb hot fix. Let people who worked hard for the damn thing keep it at those light values.

Infused my hard earned reward into raid sniper. Maybe I'll sacrifice that 309 one to bring my Spindle back up to near 310. Ridiculous.

LTWood12

I agree. This was almost like a PVE version of Trials. Some could walk right through, others just couldn't no matter how hard they tried. In a couple of weeks I'll have 300+ weapons from the raid, and will be able to infuse whatever. If the spindle is 290, I probably won't bother.

For sure. I mean granted I'll still want it for collection purposes, but it seemed totally appropriate to me that something this difficult should correlate to the light level of the reward. Hell tomorrow I can just spam 3oC for a Hereafter at 290 w/ very little work involved.

spyder_ur

I'm just a little surprised they're getting this out so quick now given that people can't acquire the weapon right now. What's the rush before that mission is the daily again?

Tovarisc

Yeah that's how we did it, but I was playing with a group earlier that was under the impression it wasn't because
they weren't clearing the adds fast enough.

Didn't mean to get anyone ruffled up, was just guessing at what Bungie might do. Could be way off the mark and I actually don't want them to do either of those.

It's all good. To me it just sounded like you felt that
doing 4th is impossible without enrage.

Lee

oh yea, now people say they don't care when the attack value is all they cared about before.

Yeah, I probably would not have gotten on to run that last night - pissing my wife off in the process - had it not been 310 and higher than everything else I had.

Trickster

What a dumb hot fix. Let people who worked hard for the damn thing keep it at those light values.

Infused my hard earned reward into raid sniper. Maybe I'll sacrifice that 309 one to bring my Spindle back up to near 310. Ridiculous.

Completely agree. Seems like a poorly thought out knee jerk reaction. Should have just changed the value from the blueprintversion down to 280 and call it a day.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If it's not a big deal, why nerf it at all? I mean, I get nerfing the blueprint version because it would make infusing special weapons trivial for people with lots of exotic shards. But the 310 one I don't get the nerf to.

its such a trivial thing to focus on though. an oversight on their end? cool - fix it. the event overall was awesome. keep up the good work bungie, 8/10 for their first try on something like this. if they want to level out their own prizes in relation to the rest of the game, its fine by me. the weapon will still have its niche and things go on as planned

at the same time

i'd only be irritated if its the only thing changed in the patch

Top Bottom