• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

EL CUCO

I'm tempted to drive 40 miles from work to my house during lunch just to infuse! Hold me, Gaf! Tell me it's gonna be ok.

spyder_ur

Buying and infusing the higher light version into your specials.

I guess, but you get far enough in the game and it doesn't make that huge of a difference. Plus it still costs an exotic shard so it's not necessarily cheap.

It's your penalty for playing all that MGS while taken king was dropping.

Ha, haven't touched it since Taken King came out. Relieved that I got my Spindle. I'm just surprised to see Bungie react this fast. Have they ever fixed anything this quick? Maybe it's just a super easy thing for them to patch.

ocean

Banned
oh yea, now people say they don't care when the attack value is all they cared about before.
You have to be kidding. Like I don't know if you're serious or not.

Do you think people would have been the tiniest bit less excited about Black Hammer Y2 if it dropped at 290? 310 was a cherry on top.

Sucks that they're doing this but tbh it doesn't make the weapon less attractive at all.

If tomorrow a Y2 Ice Breaker or whatever is found and it drops at 290 or 280 or whatever, I think being less interested in it just because of an attack value we'll fix in a week seems super strange.

LordofPwn

Man you guys are VASTLY overstating the light change to Spindle, sheesh.

Yeah let's give players a 310 weapon like ToM that takes less than 15 minutes to get. The moment i heard that you get a 310 exotic i was like okay maybe if you're over 300 light sure, but then they said you can buy it at 300 and i was like yeah that's broken. I cleared it with over 2 minutes left on the timer last night twice, on my first 3 runs. my 2nd run we failed cause i made a dumb dumb before we even got to the ketch.

the mission isn't that hard, and is an easy way to get an exotic that is a y2 black hammer, just be happy that there's a y2 blackhammer that no one knew about before yesterday.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
oh yea, now people say they don't care when the attack value is all they cared about before.
The attack value was a bonus. People were tripping over each other for a chance at an exotic. The revived Black Hammer at that.

Once they got slapped around for the first time in a PvE event that wasn't a raid or nightfall, it turned into a personal challenge for many.

That was the emphasis. 310, again, was just icing on the cake. People weren't getting blasted over and over to get a 308 Stillpiercer lol

edit: again, if the BS is the only thing changed in all of this - sure, bungie is clownshoes. but that makes zero sense.

LTWood12

Do you think people would have been the tiniest bit less excited about Black Hammer Y2 if it dropped at 290? 310 was a cherry on top.

Sucks that they're doing this but tbh it doesn't make the weapon less attractive at all.

If tomorrow a Y2 Ice Breaker or whatever is found and it drops at 290 or 280 or whatever, I think being less interested in it just because of an attack value we'll fix in a week seems super strange.

I can tell you that I wouldn't have spent nearly as long on it as I did.

forgrim

Yeah let's give players a 310 weapon like ToM that takes less than 15 minutes to get. The moment i heard that you get a 310 exotic i was like okay maybe if you're over 300 light sure, but then they said you can buy it at 300 and i was like yeah that's broken. I cleared it with over 2 minutes left on the timer last night twice, on my first 3 runs. my 2nd run we failed cause i made a dumb dumb before we even got to the ketch.

the mission isn't that hard, and is an easy way to get an exotic that is a y2 black hammer, just be happy that there's a y2 blackhammer that no one knew about before yesterday.

For us with no fire team and scrounged up strategies its hard...but all hail great overlord bogeypop, the carrier.

j-wood

I think I believe Bungie when they say spindle rating was a bug. Did no one else notice how the required level was 30 for spindle instead of 40 like every other exotic?

ocean

Banned
I guess, but you get far enough in the game and it doesn't make that huge of a difference. Plus it still costs an exotic shard so it's not necessarily cheap.
We have dozens and dozens of E shards. Having a quick clean way of bringing anything to 300 is a fantastic time saver which they've seen fit to cut full stop.

Watch them address this bug but just ignore the actual bug in the weapon where it lists multiple scopes but won't let you actually change them. That isn't so important for them obviously. Sigh.

This = full speed fix. But they can't sort out their Moments of Triumph bug. This kind of thing is grating.

LiK

Go back and read the previous OT during Spindle hype and then the nerf confirmation. Why do you like being devil's advocate all the time? Leave me alone.

Lee

To be fair, yeah. I already had 290+ exotic and legendary specials. I don't think I would have gotten on if it weren't for the 310.

ocean

Banned
I can tell you that I wouldn't have spent nearly as long on it as I did.
Ok so apparently that's a thing

My apologies, I can see how I might have been mistaken. But it seems extremely odd to me tbh. Like when I got Gjallarhorn I never gave the initial attack stat of the weapon a second thought since I knew it would be up and running at full level soon.

MrS

Banned
Lol. Was thinking about it too but fused it into a 303 raid for 309 raid sniper. Might infuse that back into a spindle for a possible 308 one. Fu Bungie.
You down for some Court of Oryx later? I've got an antiquated rune if you still need to complete the quest

ocean

Banned
Go back and read the previous OT during Spindle hype and then the nerf confirmation. Why do you like being devil's advocate all the time? Leave me alone.
Lol never again then, sorry if my disagreeing with you upset you. Be well

Trickster

You are right, had it been 290 to start with no one would be annoyed. But it being 310 made it feel even more special. It added some extra "oomph" to it's discovery and subsequent rush to get it.

Then a nerf gets announced, which regardless of how big a deal it is, turns a negative twist on the whole thing. And adding in the caveat about letting people infuse weapons with the 310 and 300 spindles just introduced another annoying element for people who want to maximize their gear.

spyder_ur

We have dozens and dozens of E shards. Having a quick clean way of bringing anything to 300 is a fantastic time saver which they've seen fit to cut full stop.

Watch them address this bug but just ignore the actual bug in the weapon where it lists multiple scopes but won't let you actually change them. That isn't so important for them obviously. Sigh.

This = full speed fix. But they can't sort out their Moments of Triumph bug. This kind of thing is grating.

Yeah that's kind of my point. What's the big rush? Like I said maybe it's an easy fix for them.

On the bolded, that drives me crazy. Spent the time to track down chests to complete my Triumphs and it's bugged. Very annoying.

LTWood12

Ok so apparently that's a thing

My apologies, I can see how I might have been mistaken. But it seems extremely odd to me tbh. Like when I got Gjallarhorn I never gave the initial attack stat of the weapon a second thought since I knew it would be up and running at full level soon.

The fact that it's obviously quite hard to beat, plus that fact that it isn't even earnable save for probably 48 hours out of the month, 310 seems like the appropriate light value. it's meant to be an event type thing, so I think it should be different. By bringing it down to 290, they ought to just add it to the regular heroic version.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
To be fair, yeah. I already had 290+ exotic and legendary specials. I don't think I would have gotten on if it weren't for the 310.

This is just crazy to me. The weapon is great because of what it does, not because it is 310.

Sullichin

Man people are going crazy over this Spindle stuff. Didn't even know the weapon existed before yesterday and now complaining that the attack value is being nerfed. It makes more sense as a 290 drop. I expect this hotfix to have 3oC changes too. Really hoping they just added a cooldown :(

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah put me in the group that wasn't going after it for attk power. I really just wanted it cause the perk is still badass and it's gonna look cool in my collection.

lt519

Yeah that's kind of my point. What's the big rush?

It breaks a lot of raid barriers for a lot of groups which then enables them to loot up to higher light levels and then the raid becomes easier the next time they try it. It's a snowball effect, giving people this weapon for 2 weeks before nerfing it would be too late for a nerf since everyone would have used it already to plow through content not meant to be defeated by such a strong weapon. A lot of people went from low impact 290+ light level snipers to a 310+ highest impact sniper. It was a huge deal for the PvE content.

Watch nami's video, they absolutely wrecked
Golgoroth
with it and that is where a lot of raid groups are stuck. You could say, whatever, let people do that, but then there'll be complaints that people have nothing left to do when they were in actuality supposed to gradually get further and further into the raid each week. Dunno, I see why they are doing it and at least they are telling us to infuse it into other weapons so we can still get some attack benefit out of it.

LTWood12

You wanted the attack value or the exotic?

Of course I want both. But the 310 guaranteed drop is incredibly enticing to someone at my light level (293). Raid doesn't guarantee anything for beating it.

I don't know why people are acting like that because we think the weapon should stay at 310, that somehow that's the only reason we think it's a good weapon.

Top Bottom