• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

finally, Titan got his Mark of the Exucutor.

And with my Warlock, I got the Villainy pulse rifle drop from FWC drop on me, damn it is a good pr even non-upgraded

Wilde

So both randoms just dropped out of this heroic Shadow Thief strike near the end.

Two spots open if anyone can help!

Join ZW33.

At what level does the daily crucible and story start giving you marks? Was hoping to rack up some marks doing the crucible daily with my level 13 hunter.

40/cap to start earning legendary marks. But you need to be light 240 (or someone to help carry) for heroic daily. PvP daily can start right away.

Unless you have saved up gear or weapons of high light, you start level 40 at around 200 light.

LTWood12

Many apologies for having to bail at the end of our raid. I had a great time despite the many technical problems. Weasel errors were the real final boss tonight :-/

Thanks so much for helping me Drizzay. One of the funnest gaming experiences ever. With the help of Unstable and Subter we were able to get the bastard just before 2 am!

Also, big thanks to Deku, Hawkian, Colonel, and Bgbball. Really fun and satisfying experience. This game is all about who you play with, and I get to play with the best people in the community. So fucking pumped.

Deku Tree

Many apologies for having to bail at the end of our raid. I had a great time despite the many technical problems. Weasel errors were the real final boss tonight :-/

Yes sorry that I had to bail too. It was getting late here and I need to wake up very early tomorrow. I had a really good time with the crew.

Doing the void exotic sword quest on a Titan...

38c.jpg

You got a Bad Juju Soss? Is it void kills for punching in the bubble? Just keep charging those grenades!

phen0m24

Thanks so much for helping me Drizzay. One of the funnest gaming experiences ever. With the help of Unstable and Subter we were able to get the bastard just before 2 am!

Also, big thanks to Deku, Hawkian, Colonel, and Bgbball. Really fun and satisfying experience. This game is all about who you play with, and I get to play with the best people in the community. So fucking pumped.

Mad fun. Thanks for the run guys! :) Thanks subv and Stab for coming in to assist.

Sill4

If you are still looking for people i'd like to join. Havent done him yet but have looked up the strategy. GT: FeD 989, 298 Warlock

I haven't even gotten onlne yet, was hoping to organize a team before hand. I'll mssg you when I get on, we'll just lfg some people....who will probably refuse to help us do to our lack of an emblem lol

Deku Tree

Yes sorry that I had to bail too. It was getting late here and I need to wake up very early tomorrow. I had a really good time with the crew. Glad you got it done.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you Drizzay, LT, Subtervotion, Stabie, bgb, Deku, Colonel for an all around great run. Had a lot of fun and my Titan closes out the night able to hit 299. With a TINY nudge in artifact or class item he'll be at 300. Passed my hunter :O Bunch of engrams to set up my warlock nicely too.

Man I love this raid. Snagged the scout with full auto... funny thing is, I really want to run it for dupes to infuse other things I like, I really don't like any of the raid weapons except the machine gun at all. But I have a whole bunch of weapons I can't wait to raise up.

Thank you Drizzay, LT, Subtervotion, Stabie, bgb, Deku, Colonel for an all around great run. Had a lot of fun and my Titan closes out the night able to hit 299. With a TINY nudge in artifact or class item he'll be at 300. Passed my hunter :O Bunch of engrams to set up my warlock nicely too.

Man I love this raid. Snagged the scout with full auto... funny thing is, I really want to run it for dupes to infuse other things I like, I really don't like any of the raid weapons except the machine gun at all. But I have a whole bunch of weapons I can't wait to raise up.
Mad fun. Thanks for the run guys! :) Thanks subv and Stab for coming in to assist.

No problem.

LTWood12

It was my first time to run the raid and I somehow got 2 pulse rifles off oryx. Didn't have 20 shard, and the 17 I did have are still in my inventory.

Smart loot.

40/cap to start earning legendary marks. But you need to be light 240 (or someone to help carry) for heroic daily. PvP daily can start right away.

Unless you have saved up gear or weapons of high light, you start level 40 at around 200 light.

Well damn. Was hoping to have a pool of marks ready to buy gear when I got to 40. I don't have anything on the Ps4. I'm an xbone vet.

Well damn. Was hoping to have a pool of marks ready to buy gear when I got to 40. I don't have anything on the Ps4. I'm an xbone vet.

Yea otherwise you'd be able to grind for end game stuff early on. But your main can earn it and it helps a lot for alts! I'm saving marks now to buy gear for my alts.

Couple of little changes I would like to see to help some of the new systems feel a little better.

1. Nightfall(this is still per character right?) gives 5-10 strange coins. The loot pool is definitely alot weaker now but some coins would make it feel like a good reason to run it again. I think bungie forgets sometimes that not everyone has a bank of 500+ coins.

2. Strike playlists award 3-5 planetary materials based on the planet the strike took place on. With the new system I personally don't like the idea of spending these precious things on planetary materialls anymore and year 1 guardians know how bad running circles for chests is. My issue is I have restarted on PS4 leaving my massive collection of everything behind on the Xbone.

Might need the strike selection widened for this to work as I don't think all planets are even covered at the moment.

3. Widen the strike playlist. Its crazy how few strikes are in it.

Just some thoughts as I was bored cooking dog food..

Got my first Xbox up char and running last night and today. Level 40, Light 205. Got 45 marks already from all PvP daily/weekly. Just need to gather more strange coins so I can get something from Xur.

I'll start my first alt on ps4 tomorrow. My Warlock has a beautiful stag helmet waiting for him.

Future

Can anyone help join in on my mission for "pursue the echo"? I need help!

PSN MDavis360

Yeah that mission is tough. By far the hardest story mission in destiny yet. The taken just have so many little nuances that all of them together is so overwhelming. Much more so than any destiny enemy and any enemy in any other shooter to be honest. You can really feel when shit starts hitting the fan

Couple of little changes I would like to see to help some of the new systems feel a little better.

1. Nightfall(this is still per character right?) gives 5-10 strange coins. The loot pool is definitely alot weaker now but some coins would make it feel like a good reason to run it again. I think bungie forgets sometimes that not everyone has a bank of 500+ coins.

2. Strike playlists award 3-5 planetary materials based on the planet the strike took place on. With the new system I personally don't like the idea of spending these precious things on planetary materialls anymore and year 1 guardians know how bad running circles for chests is. My issue is I have restarted on PS4 leaving my massive collection of everything behind on the Xbone.

Might need the strike selection widened for this to work as I don't think all planets are even covered at the moment.

3. Widen the strike playlist. Its crazy how few strikes are in it.

Just some thoughts as I was bored cooking dog food..

Yea nightfall needs to give legendary marks I think. And it'd be neat to be able to buy strange coins with legendary marks.

GlamFM

Banned
Need 5 more fragments for my Malice (I think)

Somebody going for the same ones and wants to help out?

Not sure what to do for some of those.

IIDGoBA.png

Shito

Wait, there's a way to fight Golgoroth with 1 person on gaze? How? How is this better than having 2 people catching gaze?
Heading to work right now, but I will find you the post I made about this when I get there, if no one already answered you at this point. ^^

Wait, there's a way to fight Golgoroth with 1 person on gaze? How? How is this better than having 2 people catching gaze?

Its more a safety first method
You shoot the bubble for DPS as normal, 1 person takes the gaze then the other 5 dive in the pit and unload on him until the gaze timer gets low, jump out and repeat
I'm guessing with 5 spindles you could do it in 2/3 attempts

I still have never done court of Oryx since I don't understand what I got all these runes for or how to use it or what court of Oryx is.

I have 6 reciprocal runes, 1 stolen rune, 1 wormsinger rune, and 1 agonarch rune that isn't charged yet. And a skyburners command Beacon, whatever that does.

Weird how 2 of my runes are mats and the other 2 are consumables.

Being basically week behind sucks. Ever since I got back I didn't even have a lot of time to put into it yet. This weekend was mainly blind raiding which is a crap ton of fun. Definitely one of my best moments in all of Destiny.

Dalek

Yeah that mission is tough. By far the hardest story mission in destiny yet. The taken just have so many little nuances that all of them together is so overwhelming. Much more so than any destiny enemy and any enemy in any other shooter to be honest. You can really feel when shit starts hitting the fan

I actually finished it in my third try! It was a challenge.

Yea otherwise you'd be able to grind for end game stuff early on. But your main can earn it and it helps a lot for alts! I'm saving marks now to buy gear for my alts.

That's what I did on my Xbox. My alts were end game ready as soon as they reached 40. Not sure I've got time for alts though on Ps4. Already managing 4 guardians is a time sink.

PatDH

Zhalo Supercell get! Can't wait to test it out. Drops me down to 297 but ohwell hopefully find something to infuse it higher soon.

It's not better, just simpler, with a lot more add clearing. For people that really understand the fight and how to coordinate the gaze with the pools of light, you can 2-cycle him every time. With proper use of Weapons of Light, Tethers, and Sunbreaker Melting Point melee you can 1-cycle him.

Besides the last pool you use with 2-gazers can still have 5 people in the pit DPS'ing, same as the 1-gazer method except you already had 5 pools of damage before that.

I still have never done court of Oryx since I don't understand what I got all these runes for or how to use it or what court of Oryx is.

I have 6 reciprocal runes, 1 stolen rune, 1 wormsinger rune, and 1 agonarch rune that isn't charged yet. And a skyburners command Beacon, whatever that does.

Weird how 2 of my runes are mats and the other 2 are consumables.

Being basically week behind sucks. Ever since I got back I didn't even have a lot of time to put into it yet. This weekend was mainly blind raiding which is a crap ton of fun. Definitely one of my best moments in all of Destiny.

I can try and quickly explain CoO. Reciprocal runes summon one boss (Tier 1) and don't have to be charged. You can put this one in at the third statue on the left (the one closest to the Court). Stolen runes (Tier 2) can be charged by doing Tier 1 three times and summon a combination of Tier 1 bosses. They can be activated at the middle left statue. Antiquated runes (Tier 3) can be charged by doing Tier 2 three times and summon a weekly boss. They can be activated at the back left statue.

Wormsinger runes, Agonarch runes and the Skyburner's command beacons are basically runes that activate an event which will eventually lead you to a chest for a calcified fragment.

It's not better, just simpler, with a lot more add clearing. For people that really understand the fight and how to coordinate the gaze with the pools of light, you can 2-cycle him every time. With proper use of Weapons of Light, Tethers, and Sunbreaker Melting Point melee you can 1-cycle him.

Besides the last pool you use with 2-gazers can still have 5 people in the pit DPS'ing, same as the 1-gazer method except you already had 5 pools of damage before that.

Yeah considering how fast we downed him with only a few people with spindles that run the other day, I still think it is more time efficient to do it with two, plus come Heroic I would assume you want to get as much DPS in as possible and not run the risk of people dying when stuff goes wrong.

Well I found my perfect chestpiece!

12042625_956969017674703_8025803624420216424_n.jpg

How u do dat 307.

I can barely scrape the bottom of 304. A 310 exotic sword is the only guaranteed drop left. 294 ghost, 297 saint helm, 300 raid gauntlets, 302 raid boots and class armor. Even my 309 raid chest has the worst possible perks. Bleh. Smart loot better get a lot smarter with however many weeks are left before Heroic King's Fall release. Call me crazy but I'm not optimistic.

Trace

Banned
How u do dat 307.

I can barely scrape the bottom of 304. A 310 exotic sword is the only guaranteed drop left. 294 ghost, 297 saint helm, 300 raid gauntlets, 302 raid boots and class armor. Even my 309 raid chest has the worst possible perks. Bleh. Smart loot better get a lot smarter with however many weeks are left before Heroic King's Fall release. Call me crazy but I'm not optimistic.

I could be 307 with some exotic 310 gauntlets and raid leggings. It's not impossible.

Top Bottom