• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

zewone

I'm at the edge of 308 light on my Hunter with full raid gear.

Finished the weekly PvP and for my trouble I got another Eyasluna.

It's nice of Bungie to take exotics out of the NF loot table.

How u do dat 307.

I can barely scrape the bottom of 304. A 310 exotic sword is the only guaranteed drop left. 294 ghost, 297 saint helm, 300 raid gauntlets, 302 raid boots and class armor. Even my 309 raid chest has the worst possible perks. Bleh. Smart loot better get a lot smarter with however many weeks are left before Heroic King's Fall release. Call me crazy but I'm not optimistic.

Was farming for Supercell and the barrel role chest. Turns out that you can't get the chest so I got 6 310 Alpha Lupis. Combined with my Scout that I infused a 310 Jade Rabbit, Spindle into the Sniper and 310 Tron Arms it is enough to hit 307 barely.Ran plenty of strikes as I was helping my friends acquire gear + my super rng luck. You will jump at least one when you finally get the ghost. Plus being my Midsem break here in Aus I didn't have much else to do besides Destiny and a few days at the beach.

First time playing TTK this weekend in a long, multi-hour session.
Mostly doing various quests, couple of strikes here and there.

Maaaaaaaan, collecting Flakes is a pain in the ass. Uggghhhh. >(

Currently at lvl 278.

Still far off from raid-ready or "I'm done" and I'm okay with that. Nice and slow. :)

Seibmoz

Special thanks to nbraun80 for my first Kings Fall raid clear. Oryx was lame enough to drop the scout rifle twice for me, but one of them drop at 310 attack!!! If anyone needs help taking him down or if you just just add me on Xbox1 GT: Dr ChadMan. ProTip: Communtication is Key.

maomaoIYP

After having the opportunity to finish the raid with some excellent Gaffers this week, some thoughts on it.
I had only managed to experience the other two raids very close to the end of year 1, so beating the new raid this early was a huge gift, many thanks to DGaf.

My favorite part of King's Fall are the jumping sections, by a huge margin. Especially the tombships section. Really captures the feel and solitude of being somewhere out there on the rings of Saturn, desperately hoping not to float out into oblivion. The sections in between the major fights were also very interesting, showing how expansive the dreadnought is, fully capturing the size and the variety of environments.

In comparison I was not that big a fan of the actual fights (more like combat puzzles), ogre fight in particular. Room was tiny and packed, shit goes crazy really quickly.

I did really like the sisters and oryx fights though. But I think that's more due to the design of the environment and mechanics rather than the actual combat itself.

On boss fight mechanics, like some gaffers have mentioned, I miss fights where there was more leeway for error or variation in tactics. My first VoG was done with an experienced group, on hard, without anyone actually knowing that I was new to it or telling me what to do. I really enjoyed the variety of gameplay at the oracles-Templar sections. I managed that jumping puzzle in VoG on my first try too heh.

Anyway, can't wait to to raid again!

Acidote

I'm stuck at 295. I really need to raid. And do the Chaperone strike. And do the exotic sword strike next Wednesday.

I think what I really need is time.

Trace

Banned
What? Show me!

Here you go:

12079960_515050168650165_8807602654444511533_o.jpg

12002628_515050195316829_5228796633062635737_o.jpg

nbraun80

Special thanks to nbraun80 for my first Kings Fall raid clear. Oryx was lame enough to drop the scout rifle twice for me, but one of them drop at 310 attack!!! If anyone needs help taking him down or if you just just add me on Xbox1 GT: Dr ChadMan. ProTip: Communtication is Key.

Same :). Surprised 3 randoms from lfg worked out so well but we got it down. Pretty smooth once everyone knows their individual role, then its all about execution.

Thanks so much for helping me Drizzay. One of the funnest gaming experiences ever. With the help of Unstable and Subter we were able to get the bastard just before 2 am!

Also, big thanks to Deku, Hawkian, Colonel, and Bgbball. Really fun and satisfying experience. This game is all about who you play with, and I get to play with the best people in the community. So fucking pumped.

Congrats on the kill LT! Didn't realize you were looking to start at 3AM my time heh.
Looks like you had a bunch of experienced pros in there anyway.
The raid is super fun and finally beating it is thrilling, isn't it? However... Smart loot is a lie!

How u do dat 307.

I can barely scrape the bottom of 304. A 310 exotic sword is the only guaranteed drop left. 294 ghost, 297 saint helm, 300 raid gauntlets, 302 raid boots and class armor. Even my 309 raid chest has the worst possible perks. Bleh. Smart loot better get a lot smarter with however many weeks are left before Heroic King's Fall release. Call me crazy but I'm not optimistic.

It doesn't seem that great I'm at one pair of 304 gauntlets, Hunter cloak at 308 and the ghost at 305 from all my runs, loads of weapons (all infused bar the machine gun) and god knows how many just shards drops

Hunter is 301, Warlock 299/300, Titan is 296 but never raided.

Kept some year 1 legendaries in my vault such as the elemental primaries and a few exotics but wondering if there's really any point. I'm not the most sentimental person and now I've levelled my Titan I'm never going to touch them again.

Also. Anyone down for some 36 strike playlist on ps4?

The hardest part of hitting 310 is certainly going to be the Ghost, Legs and Class item as you can't get exotic version so you are really at the mercy of RNG on those, Forever 308/9 is going to be a thing.

I've been looking for some Gaffers to start playing with. Will add you when I get back home from work if that's ok. Oryx is the only part of the raid I haven't completed yet and wouldn't mind getting it done before the reset.

EDIT - GT is Lee182jib if any Xbox one people want to add me

ocean

Banned
The hardest part of hitting 310 is certainly going to be the Ghost, Legs and Class item as you can't get exotic version so you are really at the mercy of RNG on those, Forever 308/9 is going to be a thing.
At a roughly 2.5% penalty per Light level, 306+ seems like a totally safe level for a 310 activity (what I expect Heroic to be).

Won't be a #forever29 tier handicap thankfully.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Armsday is teus at reset right? I think I have time to get the last sword on to my hunter by then. You get the quest after the dreadnaught patrol quest right?

Was farming for Supercell and the barrel role chest. Turns out that you can't get the chest so I got 6 310 Alpha Lupis. Combined with my Scout that I infused a 310 Jade Rabbit, Spindle into the Sniper and 310 Tron Arms it is enough to hit 307 barely.Ran plenty of strikes as I was helping my friends acquire gear + my super rng luck. You will jump at least one when you finally get the ghost. Plus being my Midsem break here in Aus I didn't have much else to do besides Destiny and a few days at the beach.

I don't care about the exotics but I'm bummed about missing out on the "proper" 3oC farming simply for reasonable chances at 310 Light armor. Can you get 310 exotic Titan helmets, gauntlets and boots? Seems like everyone just gets Lupis and I already have a 309 chest. I'll have 308-310-310 weapons once I get the sword so no real improvement there either.

I don't mind using all 100 3oCs I have on Draksis if I could get something worth a damn.

I could be 307 with some exotic 310 gauntlets and raid leggings. It's not impossible.

I assume there are a handful of lucky bastard 310 guardians out there. I know it's not impossible, I just hate having so much progression still behind RNG. I'm assuming Heroic KF will be a flat 310 Light and I want to experience it with as little under-leveling as possible.

First you need to get a drop, then it has to be the right item (I.e. Gloves) then it has to be high Light then it has to have desirable perks. There's only two options above 300 outside the guaranteed items: get lucky in the raid or grind exotic engrams until you get lucky.

I don't care about the exotics but I'm bummed about missing out on the "proper" 3oC farming simply for reasonable chances at 310 Light armor. Can you get 310 exotic Titan helmets, gauntlets and boots? Seems like everyone just gets Lupis and I already have a 309 chest. I'll have 308-310-310 weapons once I get the sword so no real improvement there either.

Yeah you can get an exotic for every slot except Boots and Heavy currently, so as you said with some extreme luck with the ghost shell/ class item and boots + Sword I could see people hitting 310 soon. It will be interesting to see if they drop the Heroic/CM's before Trials as the Adept Trials weapons are 310 off the bat, though I would hope that Heroic KF drops are the same, as if not the only differentiating feature is that they are black instead of white when they drop.

maomaoIYP

So I got a scout rifle with a sniper scope, injection mold and hidden hand.

What a time to be alive.
It's still only 61 critical damage in PvP if I'm not wrong?
Was doing the kills with a scout part of the quest, while it is not exactly hard, I have a hard time finding the purpose of using a scout in PvP. My character did seem to be running faster than normal though, but I wonder if I was imagining the whole thing.

Gordon

Anybody notice the bnet armory lists a lot of exotics as required level 30 and includes an armour reforge perk? Mine are all required 40, with no reforge in sight :/

And I just got an Uffern HC4 - is this (22/87) significantly better than the standard 22/81s? Feels nice, and not seeing a trade-off.

Seibmoz

Same :). Surprised 3 randoms from lfg worked out so well but we got it down. Pretty smooth once everyone knows their individual role, then its all about execution.
Yeah I think we got real lucky with are LFG group.

I've been looking for some Gaffers to start playing with. Will add you when I get back home from work if that's ok. Oryx is the only part of the raid I haven't completed yet and wouldn't mind getting it done before the reset.

EDIT - GT is Lee182jib if any Xbox one people want to add me
Add me and I'm always done with running and helping anyone out with all things Destiny.

At a roughly 2.5% penalty per Light level, 306+ seems like a totally safe level for a 310 activity (what I expect Heroic to be).

Won't be a #forever29 tier handicap thankfully.

I still don't know how the character level and light level stuff works/interacts. Normal KF is Lv42 and goes up to 300 Light. We assume Hard will be 310 but what if it's Lv44 enemies? Does not compute... Regardless, being 10-15% down will still feel pretty different than 0-2.5%. Time will tell I guess.

Trickster

How u do dat 307.

Dude has just been lucky as hell with raid drops. I've cleared the raid twice on my Titan, and I'm like 301. Highest drop from the raid I've gotten was 304 and 305, and those were both the shitty assault rifle. Rest have been primarily 300-302. It's a dumb as fuck system to have in the raid.

I still don't know how the character level and light level stuff works/interacts. Normal KF is Lv42 and goes up to 300 Light. We assume Hard will be 310 but what if it's Lv44 enemies? Does not compute... Regardless, being 10-15% down will still feel pretty different than 0-2.5%. Time will tell I guess.

Yeah I am pretty sure that the level above enemies heads no longer penalises you at all for being under it, it is just easier to display a two digit number than a three digit number . All that matters is your 'light' level in terms of determining stuff like damage and defense, Then again I am sure that someone much more mathematically inclined than I am can conclusively prove this either way mine is just pure speculation.

Dude has just been lucky as hell with raid drops. I've cleared the raid twice on my Titan, and I'm like 301. Highest drop from the raid I've gotten was 304 and 305, and those were both the shitty assault rifle. Rest have been primarily 300-302. It's a dumb as fuck system to have in the raid.

If you read my reply the raid drops had nothing to do with it. I got that high by infusing exotics that I got from farming with 3oC. I had similarly shitty levels on my gear when it dropped.

Phear

I think, i will never get past 295.

Also: Why is everyone ranting about the Crucible Questline? I like it very much.

GlamFM

Banned
Somebody still needs the Scent of the Worm fragment?

We could help each other by standing on the invisible platforms.

Timing is tight - hard to do solo.

Trickster

If you read my reply the raid drops had nothing to do with it. I got that high by infusing exotics that I got from farming with 3oC. I had similarly shitty levels on my gear when it dropped.

Fair enough, Guess I jumped to a conclusion to quickly.

I still think the 300-310 rng on raid drops is silly though. It's frustrating to only get low rolls 2 weeks in a row while you see people get several rolls in the 306-310 range. And when several of your drops are duplicate drops, it's even more frustrating.

I think, i will never get past 295.

Also: Why is everyone ranting about the Crucible Questline? I like it very much.

I've seen a lot of people complain that it's just a lot of work for little rewards. If we are talking about the questline that ends up making weekly pvp stuff available.

Bradach

My Titan hit 295 last night. I have arranged with some buddies to go into the raid tonight. We're all going in blind so it'll be fun trying to figure it out! I don't expect to finish it tonight but if I could come away with a couple of the bosses under my belt I'll sleep well :)

ocean

Banned

I don't mind using all 100 3oCs I have on Draksis if I could get something worth a damn.

I assume there are a handful of lucky bastard 310 guardians out there. I know it's not impossible, I just hate having so much progression still behind RNG. I'm assuming Heroic KF will be a flat 310 Light and I want to experience it with as little under-leveling as possible.

First you need to get a drop, then it has to be the right item (I.e. Gloves) then it has to be high Light then it has to have desirable perks. There's only two options above 300 outside the guaranteed items: get lucky in the raid or grind exotic engrams until you get lucky.
I think Exotic Engrams have a 66% chance of decrypting into an item for the class you're currently using. And if you're 300+, there's a 50% chance it will decrypt into 310 instead of 290.

So if you brought 12 Engrams to Rahool on your 300+ Titan, chances are:

- You'll get 8 pieces for a Titan, 4 of which will be 310 and 4 will be 290
- You'll get 2 pieces for Hunter and 2 for Warlock

Of course these averages don't manifest themselves in small samples so your results might be totally different. But that's the gist of it.

As far as I'm aware, Titans can get:

Helm: Saint-14, Taikonaut, Empyrean Bellicose, Insurmountable Skullfort, Inmost Light
Gauntlets: Ruin Wings, No Backup Plans
Chest: Alpha Lupi

The good thing is that, if you're just infusing Legendaries to 310 on your Titan getting dupe Alpha Lupis or Hunter armor isn't really a problem.

You just need to get a few Exotic engrams for each armor slot so multiple infusions get you to 310. Given enough 3oC, this seems entirely doable for all pieces except Boots Class Item and Ghost (Heavy = sword, Artifact = 310 Raid reward).

Assuming you use Exotic engrams to 310 on all slots, and that RNG gave you the worst possible Raid Ghost Class Item and Boots (300 each), your Light level would be 307.

It really seems like the best way to prepare for Heroic right now is to farm for Exotic Engrams to push weapons and as much armor as possible to 310.

Zocano

Music in the Brothers strike is too good.

Cabal music is best music

edit:
Cabal_Fight_Concept_Art-600x328.png

I wish the Cabal felt more imposing like this. I mean, yah, it would mean "spongier" enemies but fewer of them. Would make running into even a few scary (Like the Brutes from Halo 2)

Phear

I've seen a lot of people complain that it's just a lot of work for little rewards. If we are talking about the questline that ends up making weekly pvp stuff available.

Yeah, but do the questline once, and you'll unlock "Nightfall-PvP" forever. If one is not into PvP, one shouldn't feel the need to do it and stick with Strikes. If one likes PvP, the Questline isn't that crazy.

Bradach

They should do something to allow a 6 man fireteam to do CoO. Its great fun and it usually ends up with 5 or 6 anyway with some randoms joining in.

Kaversmed

I wanted to wait until tuesday to put in an order at the gunsmith (would save me a primary spot) but now there are no weapons to place an order on? What gives? I'm rank 2 btw.

Myself, my team mates from year one, day one and three LFG guys managed to finally take down Oryx last night. Not going to lie, it's up there with some of my favourite gaming memories now. We all went in blind on Saturday night and managed to get right to the end but by that time 50% of our team was too drunk to execute everything with the required precision so we called it a night around 1.30am.

Sunday morning we get three more LFG guys (including a stellar
relic runner
and try again. No dice, I gotta go wedding cake tasting so we accept temporary defeat once again. Forward to Sunday night, my buddies and I are ready to go again so back to LFG we go. We get two guys in then the third dude comes in and it's our MVP
relic runner
from 8 hours earlier.

It takes a few tries to get our rhythmn going but we did it! I got a scout at 303 and a hand cannon with firefly at 305. Also got a chest piece on Saturday night. Very satisfied with our overall performance and had a blast with the raid. Roll on reset day for round 2.

Top Bottom