• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Cabal music is best music

edit:
Cabal_Fight_Concept_Art-600x328.png

I wish the Cabal felt more imposing like this. I mean, yah, it would mean "spongier" enemies but fewer of them. Would make running into even a few scary (Like the Brutes from Halo 2)
Cabal music is great, but the armor would be even better. At least they are not built of rocks and clay.
Have to be placed before Xur leaves.
Xurday is Armsday.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Huh. Did they buff story mode oryx? I never died once on my hunter/titan, just got murdered 6 times on my warlock. He was way more aggressive and his sword smash one shot me.

5 normal strike done. 1x undying mind, 1x shadow thief and 3x sunless cell. That kinda sucked. Would have been nice to get the helm as I was on a Titan but oh well.

10min break then time to try do the heroics. Message tp_Drewz if you want to tag along. Ps4

Bradach

I'm trying to get the quest to do vanguard strikes on one of my alts. I think it was Ikora that gave me that one on my main but I can't seem to get her to give it to me.

Anyone know if I have to do something else first or how to I trigger it?

maomaoIYP

I think, i will never get past 295.

Also: Why is everyone ranting about the Crucible Questline? I like it very much.

Which step are you at? I spent a week, playing every night, trying to find people to play elimination. About 80% of the time I found a game, someone AFKs or just quits on my side.

Acidote

Which step are you at? I spent a week, playing every night, trying to find people to play elimination. About 80% of the time I found a game, someone AFKs or just quits on my side.

I abandoned it at the 3 relics salvaged step. One day I will do it. One day.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

edit:

I wish the Cabal felt more imposing like this. I mean, yah, it would mean "spongier" enemies but fewer of them. Would make running into even a few scary (Like the Brutes from Halo 2)
I think the Cabal need a new enemy type. Centurions just don't do the job.

ocean

Banned
I'm trying to get the quest to do vanguard strikes on one of my alts. I think it was Ikora that gave me that one on my main but I can't seem to get her to give it to me.

After main story quest, do Dread Patrol and I think maybe Paradox.

Pretty sure they're setting up Cabal as the big baddies of the next major DLC, so hopefully we'll see new Cabal enemies and not just palette swaps with a single new ability like the Taken.

ocean

Banned
I might be in the minority but I think the Taken enemies are pretty cool. It makes sense that they'll be familiar since he's building an army of the enemies in our system turned against themselves and against us.

Also, check out the Grimoire cards for all the Taken enemy types. It's super cool (in a nerdy way) how Oryx explains why he gave each of them their abilities.

My favorite was Taken Knights. He's like "don't be a pussy using your Flame as a shield to protect your ground - use your flame to take your enemy's ground instead". I never would have thought their attack is actually the flame shield regular Knights use being thrown at us.

Patrol dreadnaught then go back to her and it will be there

Shito

Wait, there's a way to fight Golgoroth with 1 person on gaze? How? How is this better than having 2 people catching gaze?
Your question was answered quite a lot of times already, but here's how we did it:

The strategy really is quite simple: we would stay at the entrance area, and split in two groups of three on each side. To the left we had the gaze guy, and to the right the "floater", for a lack of a better word. We would first clear all the adds except for one yellow vandal, and the floater would go to the back of the room to kill him, and shoot at the boss so that he faces him. At that time, the gaze guy shoots Golghoney in the back to take the gaze, while the 4 other ones down the front left bubble. Everyone but the gaze guy then meet in the puddle to DPS the boss, passing through the WoL first / shooting an arrow from a hunter on the way. The gaze guy calls out when his timer is at 3 seconds, at which point everyone bails out to their respective positions, and proceed to clear the adds again and start all of this all other again.
After the first rep you should take care of the thralls in the pit for maximum safety, with a void warlock super or some good nades, so as not to get bothered.
We were doing a bit more than 25% of his health with each rep, which kills him right after the first taken phase. And since everyone stays in cover while clearing out the adds, and we only stay very little time in the pit, the chances to die are very minimal, which keeps the tablet from building.
This was all really effortless and safe.
The 2-gaze method is probably a better way to prepare for what HM will bring to the table, but this one I feel is really waaay more safe and easy to execute. The big advantage is that you have 5 people in the pit doing DPS instead of only 3-4 (with the 2-gaze method, one of the guys have to dedicate himself to taking care of the adds), and really little chances for someone to die.

Bold One

edit:

lol, Vex Music is best actually, Cabal Music sounds like "Crab people" from Southpark

Razgreez

Huh. Did they buff story mode oryx? I never died once on my hunter/titan, just got murdered 6 times on my warlock. He was way more aggressive and his sword smash one shot me.

Warlocks are by default slower and have lower armour so that's likely the reason behidn your dying. You're likely just used to taking more damage and being able to move better

ocean

Banned
Warlocks are by default slower and have lower armour so that's likely the reason behidn your dying. You're likely just used to taking more damage and being able to move better
Max armor build Warlocks are virtually tied with Titans (202 vs 200). Hunters have a little less.

Agility tho. Warlock jump is 100% of the reason why they're so disliked (despite having the best grenades, best melees, fantastic Supers, PvE/PvP viability and some of the most interesting Exotic armor pieces) :p the jump really is that bad.

Tovarisc

It's shame they didn't do them to scale that art and even size comparison chart indicates, they are supposed to be huge. Now they are just fat humans.

Edit:
Agility tho. Warlock jump is 100% of the reason why they're so disliked the jump really is that bad.

Talk of an person who doesn't know how to spec and use glide ;b

Lnkn52

How u do dat 307.

I can barely scrape the bottom of 304. A 310 exotic sword is the only guaranteed drop left. 294 ghost, 297 saint helm, 300 raid gauntlets, 302 raid boots and class armor. Even my 309 raid chest has the worst possible perks. Bleh. Smart loot better get a lot smarter with however many weeks are left before Heroic King's Fall release. Call me crazy but I'm not optimistic.
The light level on the gears is all over the place. Yes Bungie we got our helm or boots that we needed to try and break 300 but you have to continue to go into the raid and pray that the next drop is 310.

Phear

I just got to the part, where i need 6 kills with a auto rifle and be in the winning team.

I'm always with a friend and we're quite good i guess, the 5 Elimination wins took us 8 tries.

Magwik

Banned
The light level on the gears is all over the place. Yes Bungie we got our helm or boots that we needed to try and break 300 but you have to continue to go into the raid and pray that the next drop is 310.
I'm just praying for a ghost above 283 ;-;

Dude has just been lucky as hell with raid drops. I've cleared the raid twice on my Titan, and I'm like 301. Highest drop from the raid I've gotten was 304 and 305, and those were both the shitty assault rifle. Rest have been primarily 300-302. It's a dumb as fuck system to have in the raid.

Oh for sure, completely agree. There's a problem when I don't care what item drops, I only care about immediately opening my menu to see what Light level it is. VoG had serious problems with actually giving you the loot but once you got it then you knew that piece would get to max level. Introducing that extra level of sub-max RNG with raid drops between 300-310 was a terrible idea, especially since it favors the lower end of the spectrum.

ocean

Banned
Talk of an person who doesn't know how to spec and use glide ;b
Oh I know I just don't like it. Like most players I've read post their opinions on the subject, the float ones feels like garbage. I mean it's not so much that you're moving slowly - you won't get left behind by your team unless they're good Titans - but even moving at the same speed you feel much slower.

I think it's a shame there's no Exotic to give Waocks a Hunter or Titan jump. Warlock God-tier abilities with a loaner jump? Shit I doubt I'd use anything else.

Tovarisc

Has anyone farmed out keys to all of those locked chests on Dreadnought, was it worth the time investment?

Thanks to Reddit and /u/MyxoDv for the map!

Edit:
Oh I know I just don't like it. Like most players I've read post their opinions on the subject, the float ones feels like garbage. I mean it's not so much that you're moving slowly - you won't get left behind by your team unless they're good Titans - but even moving at the same speed you feel much slower.

I think it's a shame there's no Exotic to give Waocks a Hunter or Titan jump. Warlock God-tier abilities with a loaner jump? Shit I doubt I'd use anything else.

Hold on there, no need to get hostile and punish us (warlocks) with that inaccurate shaky jump that is Titan boosting thing :D Talk about shit tier jump when doing accuracy over gaining speed, what is with that screen shaking anyways? I think a lots of people who have issue with glide don't use initial burst of speed perk and/or doesn't properly cancel out and use it again. For doing platforming shit with accurate jumps to small platforms I think glide allows most adjustment mid-air while also allows speed if you have route down.

Tovarisc

How do you get the keys?

Farm hive knights and wizards for special event key that you use at console near Key of Ur, special event starts with mini-boss. Kill mini-boss which will give you rune that requires 50 kills without deaths to activate, when it activates it transforms into random key. Those items that are used to start event are very hard to come by, drop percent is pathetic low.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I think the Cabal need a new enemy type. Centurions just don't do the job.
Giant badass with plasma launcher yes please
Did 7 strikes with 3oC, nothing. Did the daily with Draksis and he drops exotic special weapon engram on first attempt.
Special weapons engram *shivers* they are worse than alpha lupi. But something is def up with 3oC

Can you hold 30 flaming hammers? I think not.

Acidote

So what's the best way to spend legendary marks, when i'm at 295? Can Cryptarch Engrams roll higher than 290?

I'm not even bothering with engrams anymore. I'm saving them all for when I'm over 300 after raiding a little bit. I'm tired of decrypting 275 items after being 295 forever.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Some exotic Engram stats from the weekend. Over time 3oC is holding at about one drop for five or six coins but sometimes the gaps between drops is pretty frustrating. I've gone over 10 in a row doing strikes without getting anything (twelve was the max I think). Usually I just ran strikes but I also used them in daily missions and the raid. In the end I got six chest engrams, two helmets, one wrists, one primary and one secondary weapon engram.

I waited until I was light level 300 to decrypt them but in the end only two out of the eleven decrypted at 310 unfortunately. The drops were pretty bad overall, four of six chest engrams were Chest of Alpha Lupi which was already in my inventory, the other two were for warlocks (I'm a hunter). One of the Alpha chests was 310 I could use for infusion at least.

Both the helmet engrams were Gravition Forfeit which I was wearing at the time. Both were too low to be useful for infusion. The arms were Don't Touch Me which was at least new.

The primary weapon was Zhalo Supercell which was new, can't complain about that. I fell like that one almost makes it worthwhile by itself.

The secondary was the 4th Horesman which I had in my inventory already. At least that one came out at 310 instead of 290. Overall the odds of getting something new or useful seem too low for me to bother with right now. Smart loot would be nice but isn't on show here. RNG is going to RNG I know but out of eleven drops only the two weapons were really useful and only one of those new. The arms were at least new and the one 310 chest dupe could be used for infusion. So out of eleven drops only four were really helpful.

That's only my experience of course, it's RNG so I'm sure others are different. I had a great weekend playing the game, 3oC was only one part. I had a great time with everyone doing the raid and CoO and other random things. I just wanted to share my stats with others. Now to go play with the Supercell.

Edit: Top of page noooooo!

Tovarisc

Can you hold 30 flaming hammers? I think not.

Talk about glitch that Bungie should have patched before it was discovered or asap. Longer they wait on patching it out longer people have time to get used to stacking titans and abusing glitch for easy PvP and raid/strike farming.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I want to put together a fresh raid with experienced people so we can knock it out quick-like before the reset. Starting at 1PM my time (around 40 minutes from this post). Add yourself to the list if you want in!

1. ultrajari (me)

k1t4j

Hung Jury - Scout Rifle from Dead orbit.

BY FAR the best primary I came across so far.

hqdefault.jpg

That's because you are not a warlock and haven't tried Tlaloc with a full super bar. :p

That thing is a murdering machine of epic proportions.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Talk about glitch that Bungie should have patched before it was discovered or asap. Longer they wait on patching it out longer people have time to get used to stacking titans and abusing glitch for easy PvP and raid/strike farming.
Using something like that in PvP is beyond dickmove and Bungie needs to hit hard down upon that, if not next time someone find anything similar it's gonna be a nightmare and FFA until they patch it. In PvE I could care less what people do, the hammer glitch is just funny as butts. It put new life into boring strikes just watching it all blow the fuck up.
Lol okay I take it back rift is awesome.

11863384_957030941001844_5553124610680322221_n.jpg

Mercy rule in 3 minutes.
Carry me thru my PvP questline senpai
i don't know what this means

Top Bottom