• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Jafku

- Bounties
- Daily Story/Crucible Missions
- Weekly Heroics
- Vanguard Playlist
- Nightfall
- Quests
- Crucible Matches

Pretty much everything gives XP these days. Even if you do all of these, it will still take a few days to max a subclass. It's the last 8 or so nodes that take the longest to fill.
Ugh, that's exactly where i'm at. Thanks for the advice

BACKU!

Morning GAF. What is your plan for today?

Solar & Void sword on arms day and I just need to finish the raid with my Titan and Hunter for the 310 artifact. After this week I should go back into "matinence mode". Get my 3x NF, 3x raid, and finally chip away at the rest of the Shaxx quest line.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So I posted for a fresh raid and then GAF went down. Anyone wanna do a semi-quick fresh raid today before reset? I'd take any checkpoint too if anyone's raiding.

Don't do it as a Titan? Why not? Jump is amazing and works perfectly fine.

In the dozens of hours I have spent jumping around in the final fight, I found jumping with a titan to be the hardest. The sudden boost adds a certain unpredictability to the titan jump, and the boss fight is tense enough as it is without that added modifier.

This is of course, as is with all things, personal preference. I had a tendency to overshoot my target, but if you're having no trouble doing it as a titan, then more power to you. Just giving a tip as I see lots of people struggling with all the platforming going on in TTK.

And everyone knows anyway: hunter master race.

Gammacide

There will be a new fragment tomorrow from the new Tier 3 CoO boss.

If anything requires having 50 later on you'll have to backtrack a ton to see which one you missed, but at least you'll hit 45 tomorrow if you pop an Antiquated, assuming Touch of Malice is what you're after.
Yah, that's what the goal was for today. Guess it'll have to wait. I really hope there is no reward save grimoire for getting all 50 on one character.

Falifax

I think my game is broken. I loaded into Cosmodrome patrol with intention to kill some hive for bounty, but right side of the screen is just green blob. Not faulty monitor tho so problem is with the game. Proof pic:

twas joke about weapon model size, laugh. plz

Reminds me of Battlefield 2142's Bofors Defense Rifle, a pre-order bonus weapon that actually put you in a disadvantage with its sheer scale.

screen000.jpg

It's a pain with randoms, since many don't know what to do with the relic.

Black Spindles + People who know what they are doing. EZMODE :p

Yeah I was doing relic since no one seemed to bother. And when one person did he just ran out without waiting behind the cover and got destroyed lol.

Took so many cycles to get it down. But I also think they went a little over board on the yellow enemies in the phase leading up to the boss. Makes it take quite a long time.

X-Frame

I love seeing 3 threads on the Reddit front page about how ridiculous the Crucible quest line is.

It's like everyone is finishing their PvE stuff and moving to PvP at the same time only to realize what a frustrating grind it is.

Bizazedo

In the dozens of hours I have spent jumping around in the final fight, I found jumping with a titan to be the hardest. The sudden boost adds a certain unpredictability to the titan jump, and the boss fight is tense enough as it is without that added modifier.

This is of course, as is with all things, personal preference. I had a tendency to overshoot my target, but if you're having no trouble doing it as a titan, then more power to you. Just giving a tip as I see lots of people struggling with all the platforming going on in TTK.

And everyone knows anyway: hunter master race.

Yeah....there's nothing wrong with jumping the route as a Titan. Our relic runner is a Titan for sisters and I have done it without slowing down on my Titan.

It's just a personal preference thing. Titan is fine.

Two days of strike farming, no maul gauntlets. Might give up soon.
Give up. It's embarsssing to admit, but I've probably beaten the saber strike 30 times this week looking for the warlock helmet and had no luck. And about 20 times on Omnigul for the warlock bond. I've gotten neither.

Mupod

So that warlock chest, Alchemist Raiment I think. The one that speeds up cooldowns while super is full. Is this obtainable from engrams, because I have found Praxic Fire, Voidfang, and Starfire Protocol so far. Since my Titan has a 307 chest from the raid and I don't need a hundred Alpha Lupis I'll keep decoding chest engrams on the warlock if I can get that alchemist chest. I really want to try combining it with Tlaloc.

Bizazedo

Give up. It's embarsssing to admit, but I've probably beaten the saber strike 30 times this week looking for the warlock helmet and had no luck. And about 20 times on Omnigul for the warlock bond. I've gotten neither.
Are you guys grinding normal or heroics? It is anecdotal and not scientific, but my buddies have gotten more perceived strike only loot on heroics.

Marvel

could never
Heroic.

You feel it too don't you?

lol

Yup, totally sucky.

So that warlock chest, Alchemist Raiment I think. The one that speeds up cooldowns while super is full. Is this obtainable from engrams, because I have found Praxic Fire, Voidfang, and Starfire Protocol so far. Since my Titan has a 307 chest from the raid and I don't need a hundred Alpha Lupis I'll keep decoding chest engrams on the warlock if I can get that alchemist chest. I really want to try combining it with Tlaloc.

It is I managed to get an arc and void burn one from Draksis farming,

So I posted for a fresh raid and then GAF went down. Anyone wanna do a semi-quick fresh raid today before reset? I'd take any checkpoint too if anyone's raiding.

I'll go for a raid in about half an hour. I left off right after the second boss, but I'd be willing to start all over if I have to. I just really need to get this done before the reset.
And I haven't gotten any farther, so I don't know anything about what's next.

I got it once during Draksis farming. I was on my warlock and probably spent about 400 strange coins. Don't know how many 3 of coins that is.
I will say that it seems like what class you're currently using doesn't matter. Got tons of armor from the other classes as well.

I'll go for a raid in about half an hour. I left off right after the second boss, but I'd be willing to start all over if I have to. I just really need to get this done before the reset.
And I haven't gotten any farther, so I don't know anything about what's next.
I'd like to raid as well. Prefer fresh start, but beggaes can't be choosers:) 297 titan.

Trakan

Yeah, I got it. It's also really good because it has two perks that let you find more Special or Heavy ammo and it also allows you to carry more Special or Heavy.

Are you guys grinding normal or heroics? It is anecdotal and not scientific, but my buddies have gotten more perceived strike only loot on heroics.
I've probably done saber about 20 times during my heroic strikes and 30 from just picking it off the directory since TTK came out.

Yes, I have a problem.

Tovarisc

From what I understand, all ultras can do this.
One of those engrams you would gotten anyway, and the other is a "bonus" one from the 3oC.

What? Since when exotic engrams drop in the wild without help of 3oC?

Edit:
When you have a full super bar the weapon fires as fast as you can pull the trigger (sort of like the Midda), handles faster, reloads faster.

It's pretty cool once you unlock the perk

Shame it's only useful weapon as Sunsinger because it's only warlock subclass that has any reason to sit on their super. Arcbro or Voidbro has no excuse to sit on their supers in any of the raid encounters.

Magwik

Banned
Heroic strikes aren't worth it anymore to me
Just run normal, use only your sword, and if you don't get good drops you're at least rewarded with spending half the time doing the strike and having fun running only a sword

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Two days of strike farming, no maul gauntlets. Might give up soon.

This is part of why I might be switching to my Titan full time. I got Darkblade helm on my warlock from my very first Sunless Cell run, found out that the strike-specific loot is quite rare (and good, love inverse shadow not taking an exotic slot) so I didn't want it to go to waste.

Raybunny

I did Daily Story + PvP. Then I got my daily mat on Mars (4/10 hype! I'll be done by next Armsday).

Will you get them? Your drop rate is 1 mat. per 10 hours HYPE.... I am worried. ( muah ah ah ).

Solar & Void sword on arms day and I just need to finish the raid with my Titan and Hunter for the 310 artifact. After this week I should go back into "matinence mode". Get my 3x NF, 3x raid, and finally chip away at the rest of the Shaxx quest line.

Ol' Good maintenance mode.

11374692_496599337171236_1972249217_n.jpg

theytookourjobz

I want to pull the trigger on TTK but I have some qualms. I'm level 32, haven't played in awhile, and haven't ever done a raid before. I just don't have a group of people or the time to find a group to do the high level stuff with. Is TTK worth it for matching with randoms, playing solo, or playing crucible?

Tecnniqe

Banned
The bigger the gun model = the better the gun.
Who needs to see anything on the right side of the screen anyway? That's for scrubbies. Obviously.

This is part of why I might be switching to my Titan full time. I got Darkblade helm on my warlock from my very first Sunless Cell run, found out that the strike-specific loot is quite rare (and good, love inverse shadow not taking an exotic slot) so I didn't want it to go to waste.
Well, I have gotten the warlock gauntlets, Taniks cloak and a tread upon stars scout rifle randomly in the first week on just my warlock.
But now that I'm specifically farming or an item I've had no luck.

Top Bottom