• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

Ok I did the raid in my hunter last night up to O
ryx

I literally only got (1) a class item, (2) a 306 ghost, and 16 moldering shards...
... Nothing else. I have completed the whole raid three other times total... And I've never gotten a heavy raid weapon drop.

For some reason last night I had white nail unlocked on my kiosk 300 BHammer, but not all the perks beyond that, and it made me reload every time even when I hit three virtually instantly back to back crits numerous times. Not sure what was happening.

With the max weapon and ghost combo I am now at

Warlock 306
Hunter 301
Titan 301

With a good light raid heavy, and 300+ class items for my Warlock and Titan, I could go higher. I really want a raid machine gun and rocket launcher.

I want to pull the trigger on TTK but I have some qualms. I'm level 32, haven't played in awhile, and haven't ever done a raid before. I just don't have a group of people or the time to find a group to do the high level stuff with. Is TTK worth it for matching with randoms, playing solo, or playing crucible?

Well you obviously were never in it for the endgame so did you enjoy Destiny previously? If so then a large amount of the core stuff is better, everything is in quest form now, getting gear is more varied.

About to hit the legendary marks cap again and have no idea what to buy. Maybe Truth or the Hung Jury I accidentally dismantled day 1. Already have Treads upon Stars which is fine... Any favourites?

Mupod

I can confirm the Ultra Knight on the Cabal ship on the Dreadnought can drop 2 Exotic engrams at once for one Three of Coins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLX9uvXrlMY

Draksis has given me a double drop before.

I'm down to 19 coins, I actually got a decent pile of drops while farming for the sword quest. There are Taken events in both the first area of Mars and the one you get to by going left from the start of patrol. So I'd go back and forth between the two grabbing relic iron and if I saw a Taken event I'd participate and kill the boss, who counts as an Ultra. Problem is the guy in the starting Mars area is a pain in the ass to solo, but the gate lord to the left isn't bad.

Kal_El

I finally have a couple days off. I'm basically up for anything at this point. CoO, strike grind or raid. I've only beat Warpriest. Shoot me a message on PSN Clark_Kent. The family should be at work and school in half hour.

About to hit the legendary marks cap again and have no idea what to buy. Maybe Truth or the Hung Jury I accidentally dismantled day 1. Already have Treads upon Stars which is fine... Any favourites?

I replaced tread upon stars with hung jury from the dead orbit guy a few days ago. I don't regret it.
Another good one is 1000 yard stare sniper rifle from the vanguard quartermaster. It has a great roll.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Any particular reason why many of you are bothering to collect all 3 sword exotics? Why would put yourself through that three times? lol

Any particular reason why many of you are bothering to collect all 3 sword exotics? Why would put yourself through that three times? lol

Because they are all different? Plus most of the people here attempt to have all the exotics, and really the quest isn't hard at all just a bit grindy with the planetary materials, but that only takes about an hour or so.

Deku Tree

Say wut? Let's remember why, even though the grinding totally sucks, it is so worth it to grind for all three exotic swords:

pLlWc92.gif

wxcgrvT.gif

BOWbldT.gif

(not my gifs)

X-Frame

At the very least, it seems if you transfer another sword to your main character who has already gotten a sword then the 2nd/3rd sword will skip the Crucible portion of the quest.

k1t4j

Say wut? Let's remember why, even though the grinding totally sucks, it is so worth it to grind for all three exotic swords:

That void attack is so sexy....

Still need to unlock it and then will proceed to run lv 36 strikes only with a sword :D

You guys are making me feel better about wasting my day. Did the planetary materials for void + solar and now I just need to finish the solar ability kills and I'm done. If I had to pick one I'm glad I went with arc for that Destructo Disc powah

ocean

Banned
Vendor shopping list everybody should own:

Hung Jury (Dead Orbit Scout)
1000-Yard Stare (Vanguard Sniper)
The Vertigo (FWC Rocket Launcher)

Even if you have these as drops or rewards from a quest or faction rank, chances are high it's still worth buying the Vendor version. The perks are so good. 1YS from the Vendor has Triple Tap, which offers a super significant boost to your boss DPS for example. Vertigo comes with proximity and Javelin - it's basically ready for Trials of Osiris. Top tier base stats and perks. Hung Jury is a thing of beauty with good scopes, triple tap, perfect balance and Firefly.

If you're into Hand Cannons, the FWC offering is probably the best legendary available. I need a good Machine Gun and have my eyes set on the New Monarchy one but to be honest I haven't looked at the alternatives closely yet.

Deku Tree

I've been infusing like a mad man. Only been over 150 marks twice. And I bought a Truth then I bought a Hung Jury. Otherwise I do so much infusion that my marks don't approach cap too often.

GlamFM

Banned
Can I get all 3 swords on one character or do I need my alts to get all 3?

They are absolutely not as far along as my main :/

Can I get all 3 swords on one character or do I need my alts to get all 3?

They are absolutely not as far along as my main :/

You need to at least acquire the swords from your other two characters then turn in the end of the quest before the exotic step with all three in your inventory to receive the three seperate quests for each sword, effectively not doing the Crucible part. I think that's how it works I did it on all 3 but others got it to work on one. However if you have passed that step you will have to do it on another character.

ocean

Banned
You just have to farm 25 Hadium Flake chests.
And infuse them to 280
And kill 50 Majors with it
And then 25 people in PvP
And trigger a special sword fight
Then collect 150 planetary material nodes
Kill 500 enemies with the sword's element
And run a 300 Light Strike where you kill your sword element's warden and THEN the boss within 30 seconds

And then do that twice more.

Who can say no to such a quick and painless process? :p

Mupod

Are any of the tower HMG worth buying?

I want a legendary HMG... Got s decent legendary in every other weapon type that I use...

I haven't even seen the raid one yet but all I can think about is how good Cocoon would be on a machine gun. So I'm holding out for that.

k1t4j

Are any of the tower HMG worth buying?

I want a legendary HMG... Got s decent legendary in every other weapon type that I use...

I got 2 Ruin Wake, which you can buy from the PvP weapon's dealer. It kinda has the same stats as the "deceased" BTRD.

I was lucky with the perks and I quite like it for PvP, for PvE is not so bad either.

E92 M3

I think Luke needs to be on more podcasts again; his insight and knowledge on Destiny really gives an interesting perspective and on top of that he doesn't sugarcoat everything with PR speak.

Raid one is soo good I have a 303 one.

The game refuses to give me that LMG =/

Vendor shopping list everybody should own:

Hung Jury (Dead Orbit Scout)
1000-Yard Stare (Vanguard Sniper)
The Vertigo (FWC Rocket Launcher)

Even if you have these as drops or rewards from a quest or faction rank, chances are high it's still worth buying the Vendor version. The perks are so good. 1YS from the Vendor has Triple Tap, which offers a super significant boost to your boss DPS for example. Vertigo comes with proximity and Javelin - it's basically ready for Trials of Osiris. Top tier base stats and perks. Hung Jury is a thing of beauty with good scopes, triple tap, perfect balance and Firefly.

If you're into Hand Cannons, the FWC offering is probably the best legendary available. I need a good Machine Gun and have my eyes set on the New Monarchy one but to be honest I haven't looked at the alternatives closely yet.
+
I replaced tread upon stars with hung jury from the dead orbit guy a few days ago. I don't regret it.
Another good one is 1000 yard stare sniper rifle from the vanguard quartermaster. It has a great roll.

Thanks. Will probably go for 1000 yard stare and grab Hung Jury soon.

At the very least, it seems if you transfer another sword to your main character who has already gotten a sword then the 2nd/3rd sword will skip the Crucible portion of the quest.

Could you please elaborate on this? I've got Dark-Drinkeer on my primary and was thinking of going for Raze-Lighter on my secondary. Is the quest shortened somehow?

noomi

The next item I can buy with marks will be the Hung Jury.

Even though I probably won't use it over the raid pulse or supercell. I just want it in my collection :p

ocean

Banned
+

Thanks. Will probably go for 1000 yard stare and grab Hung Jury soon.

Could you please elaborate on this? I've got Dark-Drinkeer on my primary and was thinking of going for Raze-Lighter on my secondary. Is the quest shortened somehow?
You get the sword on an alt. Then you transfer it to whichever character has already completed the Major/PvP quest. It's this character who will infuse past 280/buy new perk. Then Shaxx will give you the Exotic bounty straight at the "farm shit" step.

Trakan

The next item I can buy with marks will be the Hung Jury.

Even though I probably won't use it over the raid pulse or supercell. I just want it in my collection :p

How are you guys using the Raid weapons? I've gotten the auto/pulse/scout so far, and they're sooo bad. It's like they were REALLY afraid of making them too overpowered.

Top Bottom