• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tovarisc

One of the titan artifacts is mind of warmind called Martel? :eek: At least it's Martel's core.

Status: Iliodor complete => google Iliodor and you find wikipedia entry about Sergei Trufanov aka Hieromonk Iliodor who was close with Rasputin at one point of time.

Also, about the vendor guns, I'd hold on buying the FWC hand cannon. There's a weird glitch where the game freezes whena LitC and Firefly proc in the same bullet.

It happens on both plataforms and it makes you have to reload destiny. Wait and hope for a fix.

You get the sword on an alt. Then you transfer it to whichever character has already completed the Major/PvP quest. It's this character who will infuse past 280/buy new perk. Then Shaxx will give you the Exotic bounty straight at the "farm shit" step.

Ooh, that'll save some time. Excellent.

Tecnniqe

Banned
How are you guys using the Raid weapons? I've gotten the auto/pulse/scout so far, and they're sooo bad. It's like they were REALLY afraid of making them too overpowered.

Exactly. They both look and feel bad as far as ive tried. IDK why but i have a feeling they are meant for infusion fodder.

How are you guys using the Raid weapons? I've gotten the auto/pulse/scout so far, and they're sooo bad. It's like they were REALLY afraid of making them too overpowered.

Really? I feel the auto rifle with the right upgrades feels like a laser. Its pretty damn good.

Deku Id say hold off on buying an LMG because thw raid one is pretty good. You gotta believe!

Namikaze1

Why would anyone skip the crucible part? Killing 75 folks with a hilt is hilarious I tell you!

Pfft. I did all the steps 3 times. I didn't need to skip anything. Shaxx would be proud.
I would've love to skip the mat farming / ability kills step though.

Trakan

Really? I feel the auto rifle with the right upgrades feels like a laser. Its pretty damn good.

Deku Id say hold off on buying an LMG because thw raid one is pretty good. You gotta believe!

The raid lmg/rocket launcher look good on paper. The auto rifle's recoil is insane even with braced frame. I've used a bunch of other legendary ARs with better stability.

Deku Tree

Luke Smith says all the time that the VoG weapons were too OP. Players wanted to use them for too long.

Their new philosophy is to make weapons that are really good for particular encounters, but that are not going to be all you want to use for the next 9 years. Cocoon plus bonus taken damage are totally OP perks for the KF raid IMO.

So yeah expect all weapons going forward to be "not as good as VoC and FB etc". It's part of Bungies new way of thinking after year 1.

GGs to Inthrall and then Royalty for some very fun Crucible matches. I was actually enjoying pulse rifles and Rift, go figure. Messenger wrecks so hard. Our best match was me going Unbroken as Inthrall's bodyguard so he could slam the Spark 5x for 12k+ score. Good times.

CP_hPpbUAAAkZ2D.jpg:large

They really are. Everyone and their mother knows Oryx is the final raid boss.

Uh, spoilers I guess. :p

Spoiler alert: The ship sinks at the end of Titanic

You get the sword on an alt. Then you transfer it to whichever character has already completed the Major/PvP quest. It's this character who will infuse past 280/buy new perk. Then Shaxx will give you the Exotic bounty straight at the "farm shit" step.

Ocean, can you explain this to me like I'm 10 so I don't fuck up?

I'm currently doing the sword quest crucible part on my warlock.

My hunter and my titan still don't have the sword.

Should I finish that step on my warlock? Get the swords with the other 2? Transfer all 3 to my warlock? Make my warlock upgrade the swords? When should I talk to shaxx again?

D_psipher

Vendor shopping list everybody should own:

Hung Jury (Dead Orbit Scout)
1000-Yard Stare (Vanguard Sniper)
The Vertigo (FWC Rocket Launcher)

Even if you have these as drops or rewards from a quest or faction rank, chances are high it's still worth buying the Vendor version. The perks are so good. 1YS from the Vendor has Triple Tap, which offers a super significant boost to your boss DPS for example. Vertigo comes with proximity and Javelin - it's basically ready for Trials of Osiris. Top tier base stats and perks. Hung Jury is a thing of beauty with good scopes, triple tap, perfect balance and Firefly.

If you're into Hand Cannons, the FWC offering is probably the best legendary available. I need a good Machine Gun and have my eyes set on the New Monarchy one but to be honest I haven't looked at the alternatives closely yet.

I got Hung Jury from a DO rank up package with Rescue Mag and Firefly and that thing is beautiful. I did not think Rescue Mag was gonna be a good perk but it procs a lot and fits my play style and who does not love Firefly. I broke down my first 1YS and got another the other day from the Rahool. That thing is on lock down.

Mupod

Why would anyone skip the crucible part? Killing 75 folks with a hilt is hilarious I tell you!

Pfft. I did all the steps 3 times. I didn't need to skip anything. Shaxx would be proud.
I would've love to skip the mat farming / ability kills step though.

I had more trouble with the crucible part than the mat farming, and PVP is what I spend most of my time in on this game.

Part of that was just impatience and not being comfortable with the sword, but I still am really not a big fan of swords in PVP as an offensive weapon. Every single mother fucker in this game has a shotgun, and even hiding around a corner with a sword won't help as a shotgun is a lot faster than your swing. However the block is incredibly useful. I don't know if I'll bring a sword over a rocket launcher in serious PVP but I definitely got some mileage out of being able to block bullets. Fun watching people panic as you advance on them too.

Farming mars was kinda relaxing and as I mentioned in this thread earlier I was able to knock off easy Ultras regularly for 3oC drops. I kinda wish it was spinmetal instead of relic iron though, I have no spinmetal left.

Also void ability kills as a Warlock with supercell/obsidian mind = lol. Voidfang suicides would work too.

Crapola. Wish I didn't move the sword back to my alt last night for the 280 infuse step. I was worried the quest line would glitch and it wouldn't progress if I put it back on my main who already finished that step with the first sword. Oh well, I can do it with the third sword. Does this mean you can be farming/completing the exotic sword quest line for multiple swords at once on the same character?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Spent part of yesterday finishing up the the void ability kills for my exotic sword. The hive were woken many times. But after almost 2 hours, I got the void kills completed...with my Titan...Many things will die by my sword come Armsday, to make up for this shit I had to endure lol.

SkylineRKR

Mark of the Undying Mind
Mark of the Undying Mind

RNG, I am a fucking Hunter and I want Imago Loop rolled with Outlaw and Firefly because I got bored of Fatebringer.

phen0m24

I haven't yet leveled my hunter, which is the only character leveled with dead orbit.

But my Titan is leveled with New Monarchy, and the NM shotgun is pretty beastly. Freaking beast. :)

Oh my gosh I'm tired already. Deku how do you do this, and drizzy do you just sleep-work?

So exhausted!

MrS

Banned
Currently at 297, maxxed out the abilities. Extended mag + triple tap = getting ~30 precision shots on an ultra before having to reload.
Damn bruh! Now I'm definitely gonna have to level up Dead Orbit.

Anybody know how many Motes I'ma need to burn to go from Dead Orbit level 1 to level 3?

ocean

Banned
Ocean, can you explain this to me like I'm 10 so I don't fuck up?

I'm currently doing the sword quest crucible part on my warlock.

My hunter and my titan still don't have the sword.

Should I finish that step on my warlock? Get the swords with the other 2? Transfer all 3 to my warlock? Make my warlock upgrade the swords? When should I talk to shaxx again?
I have a Hunter on which I got my Void sword. I went ahead and upgraded it, and began the Exotic quest until I hit the Material Farm Bullshit spectacle. Promptly left the quest hanging at that step.

I proceeded to get the Legendary Solar and Arc swords on my other two characters. I then transferred these two new swords to my Hunter. It was on my Hunter that I infused them past 280, and filled all the upgrade nodes.

I spoke to Shaxx and he offered me the Exotic sword quest for these new elements. But when he gave me these quests, they were at the same step as my Void one: farm planetary materials and ability kills.

So my Hunter has 3 quests right now asking me for different planetary materials and ability kills.

Note: I doubt it matters but just in case, I got one quest at a time. As in, I infused/upgraded my Solar sword, got the quest from Shaxx, then infused/upgraded the Arc sword, and got the quest again for the third and final time from Shaxx.

Hope this made sense.

PvP sword kills are fun but tbh I don't need a quest to do those. I just wanted to reach that step as quick as possible so that all my ability kills, no matter which subclass I use, feed one of the three sword's quest.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Mark of the Undying Mind
Mark of the Undying Mind

RNG, I am a fucking Hunter and I want Imago Loop rolled with Outlaw and Firefly because I got bored of Fatebringer.

Are you grinding the playlist or just playing the mission over and over?

tick221

I have a Hunter on which I got my Void sword. I went ahead and upgraded it, and began the Exotic quest until I hit the Material Farm Bullshit spectacle. Promptly left the quiet hanging at that step.

I proceeded to get the Legendary Solar and Arc swords on my other two characters. I then transferred these two new swords to my Hunter. It was on my Hunter that I infused them past 280, and filled all the upgrade nodes.

I spoke to Shaxx and he offered me the Exotic sword quest for these new elements. But when he gave me these quests, they were at the same step as my Void one: farm planetary materials and ability kills.

So my Hunter has 3 quests right now asking me for different planetary materials and ability kills.

Note: I doubt it matters but just in case, I got one quest at a time. As in, I infused/upgraded my Solar sword, got the quest from Shaxx, then infused/upgraded the Arc sword, and got the quest again for the third and final time from Shaxx.

Hope this made sense.

PvP sword kills are fun but tbh I don't need a quest to do those. I just wanted to reach that step as quick as possible so that all my ability kills, no matter which subclass I use, feed one of the three sword's quest.

FYI - don't freak if shaxx doesn't offer you the quests for the transferred swords right away. A friend moved his over and wasn't presented with the other quests until he had completed the next step in his primary sword quest.

I need to snag that Vertigo. It kind of sucks because my Warlock is 2 ranks away from DO 25. In order to get the Vertigo I need to switch to my Warlock who is 3 in FWC and then wait a week to go back to DO.

ocean

Banned
Damn bruh! Now I'm definitely gonna have to level up Dead Orbit.

Anybody know how many Motes I'ma need to burn to go from Dead Orbit level 1 to level 3?
Each mote is 20 rep and you turn them in in groups of 5. Ranks are 2.500 rep, so it takes 125 for 1 rank. But I think Rank 1 might be less than 2.500 so I'm not sure.

Trickster

Anyone from Bungie reading this, please for the love of god, go to the people you need to and tell them to fucking change the triplet psions in Dust Palace into ultra type enemies.

So goddamn stupid that 3oC is useless on them.

Shiv47

I have to admit that while I have moaned and cried about doing the sword PvP stuff here, I ended up sitting my ass down and doing it last night, and actually getting it done in about five matches in Control, to my own shock. Maybe half of the kills were via the hilt attack, but it occurred to me that I could just follow someone else, or multiple teammates, and mop up kills where possible, or ambush people they were engaged with. I did have one amazing game where I got heavy ammo twice (I rarely get it once), and had a nice spree there. And the teams I was on won every game, so that was nice. Got the Revelator hand cannon after one match, which is...something, I guess.

ocean

Banned
On the topic of Raid weapons: they look terrible. Easily the ugliest guns in the game. Can't stand the idea of using them just on account of how they look. Moreover, they seem to spam the "below average to ok" range depending on the perks.

I'll keep one of everything then promptly infuse the highest light versions I can get to drop into better / better looking stuff. Same with the armor. It's terribad tiers of ugly, no way I'll wear it after I get dupes and Vault a set.

Deku Tree

Each mote is 20 rep and you turn them in in groups of 5. Ranks are 2.500 rep, so it takes 125 for 1 rank. But I think Rank 1 might be less than 2.500 so I'm not sure.

It's really been raining motes for me (i'm up to 1400++ now), and they seem to be a fairly worthless currency now except for leveling up or turning in for rep, or infusing... I should grab a few faction rank ups just because...

Raybunny

Even if you have these as drops or rewards from a quest or faction rank, chances are high it's still worth buying the Vendor version. The perks are so good. 1YS from the Vendor has Triple Tap, which offers a super significant boost to your boss DPS for example. Vertigo comes with proximity and Javelin - it's basically ready for Trials of Osiris. Top tier base stats and perks. Hung Jury is a thing of beauty with good scopes, triple tap, perfect balance and Firefly.

If you're into Hand Cannons, the FWC offering is probably the best legendary available. I need a good Machine Gun and have my eyes set on the New Monarchy one but to be honest I haven't looked at the alternatives closely yet.

I'll forget about it in 1 hour. Poke later when at home to grab the 1000ys.

Top page again?

image.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin
I really want that Hung Jury scout, but none of my characters have Durd Urbit leveled. And with the new way rep values work, it will probably take forever to hit rank 3. Also, I used a good chunk of my motes to get New Monarchy packages when TTK dropped. :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is anyone down for doing just Oryx tonight? I have the checkpoint and I need some veterans to help out my group... T_T

We're thinking of running it around 7:45pm central time.

1.) ShadowKayos
2.) MeowFZ
3.) BGZKinsella
4.)
5.)
6.)

ocean

Banned
It's really been raining motes for me (i'm up to 1400++ now), and they seem to be a fairly worthless currency now except for leveling up or turning in for rep, or infusing... I should grab a few faction rank ups just because...
They're the most useful consumable in the game.

I don't remember what it's like to have an unleveled weapon :p as soon as I get something I pop a Telemetry (250 glimmer) and a dozen or so motes - I think 20 for an Exotic - and done.

That, and I keep edging factions. Whenever I'm past halfway ranked I'll dump motes. I've spent thousands doing this :p I rarely go over 150 motes because I start leveling factions right away.

In the last 2 weeks my Hunter alone has gained 16 Dead Orbit Ranks.

geordiemp

I am at the get 25 crucible step, but have 2 legendary swords at 298 done with my 2 characters, but only 1 exotic sword quest came up on 1 character.

One of the swords has the yellow border, the other does not even though its fully levelled.

I guess you can only do 1 exotic sword quest at a time maybe even if you have 3 characters ?

What day to armsday orders close?

Caught me out as well, went to order Sunday and I was too late. It was possible to order on Saturday but having a few orders in my primary annoys me for space.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The pulse and machine gun are both fantastic.

The scout can be really good depending on the roll. Of course I got the handcannon and rocket launcher. The ones I wanted the least. All I really care about getting is the HMG, that with cocoon is godlike when you think about it. Scout would be my second most wanted.

Top Bottom