• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

matmanx1

I'm coming up on the step of the exotic sword quest where I have to farm resource nodes. I need a ghost that detects helium coils. I don't think anyone actually sells one of those, at least not that I have found.

Anyone know of a quest or a drop ghost that detects helium?

noomi

I'm coming up on the step of the exotic sword quest where I have to farm resource nodes. I need a ghost that detects helium coils. I don't think anyone actually sells one of those, at least not that I have found.

Court of Oryx has a chance to drop ghosts.

Check the speaker he sells different ghosts.

EL CUCO

Here you go:

12079960_515050168650165_8807602654444511533_o.jpg

12002628_515050195316829_5228796633062635737_o.jpg
Do you like it better than Hung Jury?

ocean

Banned
I am at the get 25 crucible step, but have 2 legendary swords at 298 done with my 2 characters, but only 1 exotic sword quest came up on 1 character.

One of the swords has the yellow border, the other does not even though its fully levelled.

I guess you can only do 1 exotic sword quest at a time maybe even if you have 3 characters ?
Those 298 swords, assuming they have all perks unlocked, should have summoned the quest. Even if Shaxx doesn't have an icon marker over him, go say hi to him on each of your characters to be sure. He sometimes doesn't tell you there's a quest available until you talk to him first.

I have a Hunter on which I got my Void sword. I went ahead and upgraded it, and began the Exotic quest until I hit the Material Farm Bullshit spectacle. Promptly left the quest hanging at that step.

I proceeded to get the Legendary Solar and Arc swords on my other two characters. I then transferred these two new swords to my Hunter. It was on my Hunter that I infused them past 280, and filled all the upgrade nodes.

I spoke to Shaxx and he offered me the Exotic sword quest for these new elements. But when he gave me these quests, they were at the same step as my Void one: farm planetary materials and ability kills.

So my Hunter has 3 quests right now asking me for different planetary materials and ability kills.

Note: I doubt it matters but just in case, I got one quest at a time. As in, I infused/upgraded my Solar sword, got the quest from Shaxx, then infused/upgraded the Arc sword, and got the quest again for the third and final time from Shaxx.

Hope this made sense.

PvP sword kills are fun but tbh I don't need a quest to do those. I just wanted to reach that step as quick as possible so that all my ability kills, no matter which subclass I use, feed one of the three sword's quest.

Thank you. I'll do this too and feel good about myself. Getting sword kills when everybody is runnign around with a shotgun is fucking impossible.

Check The Speaker

Tovarisc

Court of Oryx has a chance to drop ghosts.

Getting worthwhile shell is pain and pure RNG tho,
raid gives you upgrade a lot easier in comparison imo. I was basically stuck with Vanguard shell until 2nd raid clear that gave me 310 raid shell.

Caught me out as well, went to order Sunday and I was too late. It was possible to order on Saturday but having a few orders in my primary annoys me for space.

Feel like this could have been better communicated. Thought I was being smart in waiting, clearly Bungle were one step ahead.

Werd

Ah, I was waiting to make my armsday order so I didn't have to take up a weapon slot with that thing. Woops.

Can I still do the exotic sword quest before wednesday and have that go through?

ocean

Banned
Thank you. I'll do this too and feel good about myself. Getting sword kills when everybody is runnign around with a shotgun is fucking impossible.
Using a sword without getting killed requires using block (PvE too, people rush a boss and then die because they don't block). Block is life. You can talk nearly anything with block.

A shotgun, a rocket (maybe), infinite fall damage (even VoG's big one!), Oversoul on Crota's End, mini-Crota's proximity swipe....block with your sword like a damn Jedi and discover what true broken means.

On the topic of Raid weapons: they look terrible. Easily the ugliest guns in the game. Can't stand the idea of using them just on account of how they look. Moreover, they seem to spam the "below average to ok" range depending on the perks.

I'll keep one of everything then promptly infuse the highest light versions I can get to drop into better / better looking stuff. Same with the armor. It's terribad tiers of ugly, no way I'll wear it after I get dupes and Vault a set.

My feeling in general, and I guess they didn't worry much about it because of infusing. I'll probably keep a couple of items I like. The sniper rifle has an awesome sound compared to others, and I like the chest piece for Warlocks, but the rest I'll just infuse into something else.

I just wish the light level penalty for infusing was smaller. I infused a 296 Supercell with a 303 raid AR which I didn't like using and only got a 300 Supercell out of it. Seems a bit much was lost.

noomi

For those of us that have the exotic sword quest twice on a single character... I'm very curious to see how it will play out come Arms Day....

Will we just be able to do the last part of the quest one time for both swords, do we need to have each type of sword equipped at the end, will we have to do the quest twice?

SO MANY QUESTIONS

Using a sword without getting killed requires using block (PvE too, people rush a boss and then die because they don't block). Block is life. You can talk nearly anything with block.

A shotgun, a rocket (maybe), infinite fall damage (even VoG's big one!), Oversoul on Crota's End, mini-Crota's proximity swipe....block with your sword like a damn Jedi and discover what true broken means.

The sword can block the oversoul's gaze? Is this for real?!

Rift should open with a tutorial EVERY TIME.

PICK UP THE FUCKING SPARK.

And don't zip-line in the shortest way too the relic. There's 99% chance everybody is gonna be on that path! :/

ocean

Banned
My feeling in general, and I guess they didn't worry much about it because of infusing. I'll probably keep a couple of items I like. The sniper rifle has an awesome sound compared to others, and I like the chest piece for Warlocks, but the rest I'll just infuse into something else.

I just wish the light level penalty for infusing was smaller. I infused a 296 Supercell with a 303 raid AR which I didn't like using and only got a 300 Supercell out of it. Seems a bit much was lost.
Strange numbers. 296 and a 303 should have yielded 301/302 depending on rounding.

Note: if a weapon is past 50% upgraded it infused better. So before dropping another Raid weapon into your Supercell, dump 10 Motes of Light into it. You'll get closer to the original value.

You should gain 80% of the difference between their levels at a minimum. Never seen it do less, the numbers you are giving would piss me off :(

Raybunny

For those of us that have the exotic sword quest twice on a single character... I'm very curious to see how it will play out come Arms Day....

Will we just be able to do the last part of the quest one time for both swords, do we need to have each type of sword equipped at the end, will we have to do the quest twice?

SO MANY QUESTIONS

The last step involves a different enemy + the boss. I suppose if you go there kill the 3 adds at the same time + the boss within 30s you should finish all the quests.

In your case kill the 2 enemies you need + the boss.

How are you guys using the Raid weapons? I've gotten the auto/pulse/scout so far, and they're sooo bad. It's like they were REALLY afraid of making them too overpowered.

I have the Scout, Pulse, Shotgun, Fusion, & R-Launcher.

I used to have the Hand Cannon, but hated it so much i infused it with my Red Death.

I really don't like any of them so far, I'd like the RL if it had better velocity but at least it has tracking. The shotgun is okay, and the cocoon perk helps more than I'd imagine.

My pulse has firefly so thats a plus but the recoil is atrocious. I just want to use my VoG weapons again.

Beat the raid yesterday. Haven't had that much fun on Destiny since my first run of the Vault of Glass. Bungie certainly made a drastic improvement with the King's Fall raid after that awful Crota's End raid.

ocean

Banned
The last step involves a different enemy + the boss. I suppose if you go there kill the 3 adds at the same time + the boss within 30s you should finish all the quests.

You know one day in the far future you'll help me do this. We'll be old and gray and Destiny 5 will be out on PlayStation 6 and I'll be like

"Yo bunny. I'm done farming mats on my 3 swords. Let's kill the 3 wardens and the boss at the same time for a triple exotic drop hype session"

X-Frame

I'm at Rank 4 with the Gunsmith with 210 / 2,000 reputation. There is no way I can get to Rank 5 this week, right?

Unless a random quest pops up that awards Gunsmith rep.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Beat the raid yesterday. Haven't had that much fun on Destiny since my first run of the Vault of Glass. Bungie certainly made a drastic improvement with the King's Fall raid after that awful Crota's End raid.

Pretty much, It's an amazing experience. And not to talk down on anyone that worked on the previous content, but Luke should be the creative director of the franchise. It seems like they rotate directors, is that correct?

ocean

Banned
Ummm..does this work with
Warpriest
as well?
Sword is sad you ask so much of it to be impressed.

Lol the Oversoul thing is 100% a bug on account of swords not existing when that thing was designed. I'm sure they'll patch it. As the new Raid was designed knowing people would have swords I'm pretty sure they tested against any majorly game breaking bugs like that.

void666

Banned
So, about the exotic sword quest. Why bungie? Why??
I actually had fun doing the pvp part. But the material farming? Why couldn't i use the hundreds of mats i have? That was stupid.

Double the pvp/pve requirement. Have me fight hundres of knights at the same time.

But farming materials is just too boring. Going in loops for hours and hours.

I did it 3 times. And i had luck with the swords i chose. I picked them based on the new subclasses.

Relic iron was the worst. The nightstalker perk was handy but it still took me 1.5 to 2 hours to collect it all. Many warsats, eliminate targets and taken invasions later i had all ten.

For the moon mats i had no ghost to help me detect it. But i still had the year 1 farming routes burned in my brain. And thank the traveler for the titan skating.

Collecting helium filaments was surprisingly fast.
It's probably a placebo effect. But i had my sword in hand because of the wider fov.
I was wondering if that's why it went faster.

On a second thought we were probably supposed to collect these materials in a span of weeks, not hours.

noomi

Coolio, I was just wondering if you had to have a specific sword equipped for the quest completion, but if not then it should be pretty simple.

Once I finish this, I never want to farm hadium flakes or resource nodes again.

The "rare drops" I want now more than anything are legendary ghosts who have the, "chance to find [planetary material] while looting engrams on [planet]" I have one for Cosmodrone and of course Dreadnaught from vendor ghost. Going back to having to farm helium coils to upgrade stuff was the worst. Admittedly, it was far less materials than back in the day, but I much rather just play missions or strikes on that planet and get engrams that drop mats. Those ghost perks are the best. I really want one for every planet.

ocean

Banned
The hung jury hype is real ! Just got one. Is it worth infusing it with my "304+life support perk" raid scout rifle ?
Play around with Hung Jury first. Don't listen to hype. If you like how it feels, then you infuse.

Also, avoid big jumps. Feeding a 280 Light Vendor weapon a 304 Raid drop would result in a 299. Try to infuse it with other stuff until it's 290 at least before infusing the raid piece.

GamingKaiju

Hey guys.

I saw a list on here a while ago that listed all strike specfic gear but I can't find it.

Is someone able to give me a link or repost of it please.

Any XB1 players out there who need a Oryx CP let me know should be starting around
18:30 GMT

Thanks.

EL CUCO

Sword is sad you ask so much of it to be impressed.

Lol the Oversoul thing is 100% a bug on account of swords not existing when that thing was designed. I'm sure they'll patch it. As the new Raid was designed knowing people would have swords I'm pretty sure they tested against any majorly game breaking bugs like that.
Lol well the Sword needs to step it up and make that happen in relevant content :p

Honestly, it'd probably break the encounter. The tension of running behind cover is pretty cool. I wonder if it works on Medusas Stare.

ocean

Banned
The "rare drops" I want now more than anything are legendary ghosts who have the, "chance to find [planetary material] while looting engrams on [planet]" I have one for Cosmodrone and of course Dreadnaught from vendor ghost. Going back to having to farm helium coils to upgrade stuff was the worst. Admittedly, it was far less materials than back in the day, but I much rather just play missions or strikes on that planet and get engrams that drop mats. Those ghost perks are the best. I really want one for every planet.
Speaker sells ghosts for every material. They're low light but you don't need to be high level while farming. His inventory changes though so he may not have the one you need at a given moment.

Strange numbers. 296 and a 303 should have yielded 301/302 depending on rounding.

Note: if a weapon is past 50% upgraded it infused better. So before dropping another Raid weapon into your Supercell, dump 10 Motes of Light into it. You'll get closer to the original value.

You should gain 80% of the difference between their levels at a minimum. Never seen it do less, the numbers you are giving would piss me off :(

Holy shit this stuff need to be better explained. Which one do you upgrade, the donor gear, or the gear to be infused? I had a similar junk infuse the other day. I used a new drop 299 arm to infuse my fully upgraded 290 arms. Only came up to 296, 67% not 80% +.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Anybody here willing to lead a first timer step through Crotas End sometime today? Just for completion sake. I'm level 40 and 255 light.

On a second thought we were probably supposed to collect these materials in a span of weeks, not hours.

Yeah, it's weird that people are doing this stuff in ways that completely fly in the face of the way it was designed and then are mad at the design for not accommodating apposite playstyles.

I really doubt TTK was designed with the hardest corps players in mind. Your exotic sword should be the product of weeks of blissful adventuring, not hours of boring farming.

As always, Destiny is what you put into it, I guess.

Speaker sells ghosts for every material. They're low light but you don't need to be high level while farming. His inventory changes though so he may not have the one you need at a given moment.

I think he only sells the, "detect near by formation of ____" he hasn't sold the ones that drop planetary mats when looting engrams. Those are the fucking bees knees. Equip them on strikes or patrols on that corresponding planet, and you are rolling in mats.

Edit: DEEEEEEEEEERP, forgot about the Crucible Handler, he sells ghosts with this perk. Whoohooo! I know where my marks are going (other than infusion)

Tovarisc

Got my Titan to level 40 earlier in this reset and she is already light 293 :D Giving some weapons from main character boosts light so much.

noomi

Got my Titan to level 40 earlier in this reset and she is already light 293 :D Giving some weapons from main character boosts light so much.

That's what i do as well.

All my characters are 300+ once I transfer gear to them. Raid on one, transfer gear... raid on the 2nd...etc :D

ocean

Banned
Holy shit this stuff need to be better explained. Which one do you upgrade, the donor gear, or the gear to be infused? I had a similar junk infuse the other day. I used a new drop 299 arm to infuse my fully upgraded 290 arms. Only came up to 296, 67% not 80% +.
The higher light piece which will be dismantled into the infusion at 50% XP or more yields better infusion results on average.

Strangely I've never had the 80% fail on my. I do some quick mental math and always know the lower bound on what my result is gonna be. Luckily it hasn't failed me yet.

Top Bottom