• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

What shotguns should I be looking out for now I'm 290+? My friend got the Party Crasher + 1 in a random drop and he says it's very good. Any vendors sell that gun?

Deku Tree

In the last 2 weeks my Hunter alone has gained 16 Dead Orbit Ranks.

I have all the DO shaders and emblems and the new ship but not the old ships... and I would like the old ships and LTWood told me that they are still in the drop table... but I don't care enough to do forced rank ups... all I wanted was the DO exotic class item... which I just got on my warlock... so I decided to have each toon pledge a different faction so I can buy everything in the tower weapon wise....

BTW which DO items are you missing? I would think with the new smart loot system in the tower you would have just about everything after 16 rank ups.

Why is HJ 1/4th of the screen in size? Thats my biggest issue with it. Holy shit.

It's odd to me how peeps notice this and make a thing of it.

I've been using it since TTK dropped (day 1 DO package) and I've never thought twice about it..it's just normal to me.

I suppose it's what you're used to, but I think you'd get used to it too in pretty quick order. What, if anything, would be revealed to you if the gun were smaller on the screen? More of the ground texture, etc? What am I missing? :)

(not being dense, I really want to know what difference this makes in practical gunplay scenarios)

ocean

Banned
I have all the DO shaders and emblems and the new ship but not the old ships... and I would like the old ships and LTWood told me that they are still in the drop table... but I don't care enough to do forced rank ups... all I wanted was the DO exotic class item... which I just got on my warlock... so I decided to have each toon pledge a different faction so I can buy everything in the tower weapon wise....

BTW which DO items are you missing? I would think with the new smart loot system in the tower you would have just about everything after 16 rank ups.
I got all the shaders. Still no ship. I'm 22 now on this character, who will stick with DO forever.

Going New Monarchy on my Titan and FWC on Warlock. But I haven't paid those characters much attention so far so I haven't fed them rank motes yet. Dying for those NM shaders. FWC shaders = fruit loops insanity but the ship is super cool.

noomi

I got all the shaders. Still no ship. I'm 22 now on this character, who will stick with DO forever.

Going New Monarchy on my Titan and FWC on Warlock. But I haven't paid those characters much attention so far so I haven't fed them rank motes yet. Dying for those NM shaders. FWC shaders = fruit loops insanity but the ship is super cool.

The first DO drop I got after TTK was the new ship (looks like the HoW's ships...)

Still would very much want the old fermi solution ship, but it doesn't seem to want to drop for me :(

Tecnniqe

Banned

I've been using it since TTK dropped (day 1 DO package) and I've never thought twice about it..it's just normal to me.

I suppose it's what you're used to, but I think you'd get used to it too in pretty quick order. What, if anything, would be revealed to you if the gun were smaller on the screen? More of the ground texture, etc? What am I missing? :)

(not being dense, I really want to know what difference this makes in practical gunplay scenarios)

Its more general field of view and awareness for me than anything. But considering im a PC gamer who more or less only play Destiny cause i love the gunplay and its console exclusiveness limits me in what i can customize.

Im sure the main reason to have huge gun models on console is to get more frames as you have to render less.

Its hard to pin-point why but theres at least something.

ocean

Banned

Small changes can affect the game feel. The main reason I don't like Pulse Rifles and preferred HCs to everything else was the field of view on ADS being different.

Raid weapons aren't big but they're ugly enough for me to just not ever wanna use them. Some people care, others don't :p

Deku Tree

My feeling in general, and I guess they didn't worry much about it because of infusing. I'll probably keep a couple of items I like. The sniper rifle has an awesome sound compared to others, and I like the chest piece for Warlocks, but the rest I'll just infuse into something else.

I just wish the light level penalty for infusing was smaller. I infused a 296 Supercell with a 303 raid AR which I didn't like using and only got a 300 Supercell out of it. Seems a bit much was lost.

That sounds really weird. I haven't really tracked the system for infusing legendaries into exotics, and I haven't payed attention to whether or not the gun having experience in it has any effect, but when I infuse I always get 80% of the difference in power plus it always rounds up to the nearest whole number. And if I infuse a 295 with a 300, or something with a difference of five or less, then I always get up to the full power of 300 or whatever it is... so for some reason for me it always gives a little extra if the two weapons are 5 or closer in power.

Also it is much more beneficial to save some lower power blues and infuse 2 or 3 or even 4 times versus just infusing once starting from lowest power to higest power... you can get a lot more power that way.

I think it's a testament to the new weapon design that I legitimately want every legendary weapon and cherish the ones I have. I don't remember Y1 legendaries standing out visually very much at all.

i wish i was a bigger fan of the crucible blue/green though.

ocean

Banned
The first DO drop I got after TTK was the new ship (looks like the HoW's ships...)

Still would very much want the old fermi solution ship, but it doesn't seem to want to drop for me :(
I didn't think the old ships were still possible drops. Is it confirmed that they are still in the loot tables or is it hearsay? I'd be happy to learn Fermi Solution is still in the books for me.

Tovarisc

Considering how I already have the warlock exotic class item, I'll switch him to FWC and get my titan on DO.

Keep in mind you can't use faction exotic class items if you aren't with said faction.

Any good new messenger archtype pulses?

Not sure what "Messenger archtype" is, but raid pulse is so gud in PvP

Edit:
I think it's a testament to the new weapon design that I legitimately want every legendary weapon and cherish the ones I have. I don't remember Y1 legendaries standing out visually very much at all.

i wish i was a bigger fan of the crucible blue/green though.

It helps legendary gear to shine that most of Y2 exotics are so lackluster when it comes to perks. I look at warlock Y2 exotics and I don't want use any of them.

I heard it doesn't drop anymore. Everyone in the SoM was acting like 9.14 was their last chance to get it.

Sad because FS is the coolest ship in the game imo. Looks like Darth Vadar's ship.

Deku Tree

I didn't think the old ships were still possible drops. Is it confirmed that they are still in the loot tables or is it hearsay? I'd be happy to learn Fermi Solution is still in the books for me.

I would like to know this too... because if it's gone then there is literally zero reason for me to continue to rank up DO.

I heard it doesn't drop anymore. Everyone in the SoM was acting like 9.14 was their last chance to get it.

Sad because FS is the coolest ship in the game imo. Looks like Darth Vadar's ship.

Isn't the Camo DO FS clone ship new? Or was that from Year 1?

noomi

Ah man... I hope not. That fucking sucks... It's the only reason I'm still pledged to DO, well that and the kick ass exotic cloak you get from them.

:|

Keep in mind you can't use faction exotic class items if you aren't with said faction.

giphy.gif

Raybunny

You know one day in the far future you'll help me do this. We'll be old and gray and Destiny 5 will be out on PlayStation 6 and I'll be like

"Yo bunny. I'm done farming mats on my 3 swords. Let's kill the 3 wardens and the boss at the same time for a triple exotic drop hype session"

AHAH I would love that.

Coolio, I was just wondering if you had to have a specific sword equipped for the quest completion, but if not then it should be pretty simple.

Once I finish this, I never want to farm hadium flakes or resource nodes again.

As I said, "I suppose" but seems to be most likely the truth.

I need to farm 200+ flakes for malices still. Work in progress. tedious work in progress.

Ok, I totally forgot about the Crucible Handler selling ghosts. He has engram looting ones for relic iron, spin metal, and spirit bloom. With the vanguards selling the wormspore/dreadnaught one, that makes a ghost that loots engrams into helium coils the most rare ghost since you can't buy it. So yeah, protip, if you get a ghost that can convert engrams into helium coils on the moon, you probably want to hang on to that.

LTWood12

Ok I did the raid in my hunter last night up to O
ryx

I literally only got (1) a class item, (2) a 306 ghost, and 16 moldering shards...
... Nothing else. I have completed the whole raid three other times total... And I've never gotten a heavy raid weapon drop.

For some reason last night I had white nail unlocked on my kiosk 300 BHammer, but not all the perks beyond that, and it made me reload every time even when I hit three virtually instantly back to back crits numerous times. Not sure what was happening.

With the max weapon and ghost combo I am now at

Warlock 306
Hunter 301
Titan 301

With a good light raid heavy, and 300+ class items for my Warlock and Titan, I could go higher. I really want a raid machine gun and rocket launcher.

It was my first completion ever. Literally none of us got anything from the first boss except shards. I ended up with the Titan Gauntlets, and somehow two pulse rifles. And the dupe wasn't even from moldering shards.

The higher light piece which will be dismantled into the infusion at 50% XP or more yields better infusion results on average.

Strangely I've never had the 80% fail on my. I do some quick mental math and always know the lower bound on what my result is gonna be. Luckily it hasn't failed me yet.

That's so counter intuitive. Who would get a 299 blue drop and not just use it straight away to level up their good Legendary gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is anyone down for doing just Oryx tonight? I have the checkpoint and I need some veterans to help out my group... T_T

We're thinking of running it around 7:45pm central time.

1.) ShadowKayos
2.) MeowFZ
3.) BGZKinsella
4.)
5.)
6.)
I'm in, I bet I can get my Warlock raid ready by then :)

ocean

Banned
Lol, Gothalion is one of those strike specific armor grinding heroic strike quitters.
With a full team or leaving randoms solo? Because he's a dick if he's matchmaking for this (so is anybody else who does this but he can't say he doesn't have people online to do this with)

Ok, I totally forgot about the Crucible Handler selling ghosts. He has engram looting ones for relic iron, spin metal, and spirit bloom. With the vanguards selling the wormspore/dreadnaught one, that makes a ghost that loots engrams into helium coils the most rare ghost since you can't buy it. So yeah, protip, if you get a ghost that can convert engrams into helium coils on the moon, you probably want to hang on to that.

holy shiiiiit

I guess I should start leveling up my warlock. Game has given me a 310 stag and 294 gauntlets from a heroic strike boss drop. He'll probably be raid ready within a couple hours after I login later.

ocean

Banned
That's so counter intuitive. Who would get a 299 blue drop and not just use it straight away to level up their good Legendary gear.
It's strange. But whatever. Same thing before dismantling, over 50% and they give 5 marks instead of 3 (if they're legendary).

Luckily upgrading with motes is quick and painless. Telemetry is super cheap, just 250 glimmer. Blues don't need telemetry but it's good for Exotics and Purples

Tovarisc

With a full team or leaving randoms solo? Because he's a dick if he's matchmaking for this (so is anybody else who does this but he can't say he doesn't have people online to do this with)

He usually forms full fireteam from his closer gaming friends or from viewers.

Deku Tree

It was my first completing ever. Literally none of us got anything from the first boss except shards. I ended up with the Titan Gauntlets, and somehow two pulse rifles. And the dupe wasn't even from moldering shards.

Raid was a lot of fun last night with the whole crew! Glad you got to clear it! Sorry I had to bail at O
ryx
at around 1am, it was getting late for me and my 3 year old woke me up for good like four hours later lol. (Spoiler tagging for Nami.)

Lol atleast he's got a full fireteam and not leaving any randoms stranded.

Yeah in that situation it is a non-issue. Not hurting anybody.

Top Bottom