• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

The higher light piece which will be dismantled into the infusion at 50% XP or more yields better infusion results on average.

Strangely I've never had the 80% fail on my. I do some quick mental math and always know the lower bound on what my result is gonna be. Luckily it hasn't failed me yet.

What this means is... level up your trash before you stick it into your cool gear. That's it right?

I can try and quickly explain CoO. Reciprocal runes summon one boss (Tier 1) and don't have to be charged. You can put this one in at the third statue on the left (the one closest to the Court). Stolen runes (Tier 2) can be charged by doing Tier 1 three times and summon a combination of Tier 1 bosses. They can be activated at the middle left statue. Antiquated runes (Tier 3) can be charged by doing Tier 2 three times and summon a weekly boss. They can be activated at the back left statue.

Wormsinger runes, Agonarch runes and the Skyburner's command beacons are basically runes that activate an event which will eventually lead you to a chest for a calcified fragment.

Thanks EJ! I'll try it out. Seems like a lot of people still do tier 2 and tier 3.

Strange numbers. 296 and a 303 should have yielded 301/302 depending on rounding.

Note: if a weapon is past 50% upgraded it infused better. So before dropping another Raid weapon into your Supercell, dump 10 Motes of Light into it. You'll get closer to the original value.

You should gain 80% of the difference between their levels at a minimum. Never seen it do less, the numbers you are giving would piss me off :(

Thanks for the info. Yeah I was pretty bummed and thought something was off, especially since I used an infuse simulator on a website and said it would return 302.

You must be right on this though, yesterday I got a 310 TLW from an engram and promptly infused it into my 300 Supercell without any XP. That yielded a 307 Supercell. Maybe with XP it would have yielded a 308.

Trickster

Is it confirmed that you need to be crucible rank 3 to get the Chaperone questline?

Just got The Last Word from an engram, but still no quest from that blonde chick in the hangar

LTWood12

Raid was a lot of fun last night with the whole crew! Glad you got to clear it! Sorry I had to bail at O
ryx
at around 1am, it was getting late for me and my 3 year old woke me up for good like four hours later lol. (Spoiler tagging for Nami.)

Hey no worries. Unstable and Church joined and we were able to get it done on the 4th or 5th try. It was less than an hour after ya'll left.

Deku Tree

Thanks for the info. Yeah I was pretty bummed and thought something was off, especially since I used an infuse simulator on a website and said it would return 302.

You must be right on this though, yesterday I got a 310 TLW from an engram and promptly infused it into my 300 Supercell without any XP. That yielded a 307 Supercell. Maybe with XP it would have yielded a 308.

If this is accurate, then legendaries must have slightly different rules than exotics. I infused a 310 Bhammer with my 300 TYS and got a 308 TYS.

Really bullshit if the old faction ships are 'retired.' Everyone knew the distribution system sucked, including Bungie (as evidenced by the revamp in 2.0), but let's just make it even more salient by putting them into the ship 'checklist' which is nothing more than a middle finger if you weren't extremely lucky prior to 2.0.

If that's the case, they should be treated as other items that don't appear unless unlocked. I hope the kiosks get some updating at some point and the unobtainable shit is treated properly and the special order emblems are put back in (for those of us who had them disappear).

Deku Tree

Really bullshit if the old faction ships are 'retired.' Everyone knew the distribution system sucked, including Bungie (as evidenced by the revamp in 2.0), but let's just make it even more salient by putting them into the ship 'checklist' which is nothing more than a middle finger if you weren't extremely lucky prior to 2.0.

If that's the case, they should be treated as other items that don't appear unless unlocked. I hope the kiosks get some updating at some point and the unobtainable shit is treated properly and the special order emblems are put back in (for those of us who had them disappear).

Totally agree.... They also need to allow you to infuse the Original CE legendary ghost, which is currently bugged.

Yeah

Specially with good blues there's no reason not to as they require very few motes

I'm very cheap when it comes to spending my motes. I'd rather just do bounties.

Edit: Also, when I dismantle a legandary... At "nada" they give me 3 marks. If I get those to 50%-100% they give me 5 marks, right?

No? It isn't there. But then I'm missing most if not all emblems given by original LE/CE too.

I don't have that either.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm in, I bet I can get my Warlock raid ready by then :)

Sweeet!

Is anyone down for doing just Oryx tonight? I have the checkpoint and I need some veterans to help out my group... T_T

We're thinking of running it around 7:45pm central time.

2 more to go!

1.) ShadowKayos
2.) MeowFZ
3.) BGZKinsella
4.) Hawkian
5.)
6.)

LTWood12

I really don't understand how this Agonarch rune I have works. I'm at 3/7. I'm assuming this is something I'll have to do for Touch of Malice right? I also have a Wormsinger rune, and a Skyburner's command beacon.

Kaiken

Banned
Sweeet!

Is anyone down for doing just Oryx tonight? I have the checkpoint and I need some veterans to help out my group... T_T

2 more to go!

1.) ShadowKayos
2.) MeowFZ
3.) BGZKinsella
4.) Hawkian
5.) Kaikken
6.)

I can help!

phen0m24

Hey anyone on tonight want to do another mini crota? I did it with groups over the weekend but didn't present the rune myself. Have antiquated ones on my Titan.

:)

That mini Crota fight is crazy fun

Deku you should solo him with that sword of yours hahaha

I really don't understand how this Agonarch rune I have works. I'm at 3/7. I'm assuming this is something I'll have to do for Touch of Malice right? I also have a Wormsinger rune, and a Skyburner's command beacon.

Beat a yellow a day on the dreadnought to charge it and then you can use it to trigger a special event. Helped twilight with the end of his.

Deku Tree

Sweeet!

2 more to go!

1.) ShadowKayos
2.) MeowFZ
3.) BGZKinsella
4.) Hawkian
5.)
6.)

I can help and I still need an oryx clear on my hunter. I will be on around then. Can bring ToM for fun.

DekuBleep

GutZ31

Are you online now? I can walk you thru most of that.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Once charged the Agonarch rune lets you do a "quest" which is more or less to kill a bunch of elites and stuff to unlock a chest which drops a fragment.

Wormsinger you have to defeat a boss for a fragment, and the Skyburner command beacon gets turned into a "bounty" which is timed and once finished unlocks a door to a chest with a fragment.

Strider

Was sitting at 196 marks before doing the dailies and didn't know what to buy since I was really just saving them for the reset. Went ahead and bought some Bones of Eao just to make
those damn jumping puzzles easier. Toughest part of the raid for sure :p

Edit: Wait I didnt even pay attention rofl didnt even cost marks. Well shit. Need something else to buy now...

Ophelion

You lure out and bop Taken Majors on the Dreadnaught, one for every day of the week. Once you've murdered Taken on each and every day, the rune is ready to go. Wormsinger runes go into machines near the Breach which summon little boss monsters of the hive into the middle of the Breach. Same for the command beacon, just goes in a different machine.

noomi

For the agonarch rune, you have to kill yellow-bar named targets on the Dreadnaught each day until it's filled.

In the main spawn area you will sometimes see taken enemies, keep killing them until a yellow bar enemy appears. Once you kill it, you will get 1 charge.

You can swap the rune between characters and get 3 a day, or have someone activate their rune and kill all the enemies that spawn to insta-fill yours.

I have 41-45 fragments.
Got all the patrol, story and strike ones. Pretty sure i got the coo ones. The special key and the damage chest
Still need the cabal key, scent of the worm and agnorach rune. The two leading upto war priest. Which ones am i missing?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just learned Agonarch runes yesterday!

So, there's like, white pools on the ground in certain places on the Dreadnaught that trigger big fights that end in a named major hive enemy. Killing that enemy will add a charge to the #/7, and it seems like you can only get 1 charge per day doing this. When you have it full, there's a series of waves you can trigger in the Founts (by the Warden's Knights) that ends with a chest with some loot and a Calcified Fragment. But, if someone has a charged Agonarch rune, you can go with them to activate it and the fight itself will add 4 or 5 charges to your rune all at once and charge it, and then you can use it on the chest. So if you have 3/7 you can go with somebody who has a charged one and charge yours for sure.

So, there's like, white pools on the ground in certain places on the Dreadnaught that trigger big fights that end in a named major hive enemy. Killing that enemy will add a charge to the #/7, and it seems like you can only get 1 charge per day doing this. When you have it full, there's a series of waves you can trigger in the Founts (by the Warden's Knights) that ends with a chest with some loot and a Calcified Fragment. But, if someone has a charged Agonarch rune, you can go with them to activate it and the fight itself will add 4 or 5 charges to your rune all at once and charge it, and then you can use it on the chest. So if you have 3/7 you can go with somebody who has a charged one and charge yours for sure.
I was wondering what that was for. Good to know. I haven't had a chance to really explore the Dreadnought yet so a lot of these locations are still mysteries to me.

LTWood12

Are you online now? I can walk you thru most of that.

No, but will be tonight! I'll check in w/ you this evening.

Hey anyone on tonight want to do another mini crota? I did it with groups over the weekend but didn't present the rune myself. Have antiquated ones on my Titan.

Beat a yellow a day on the dreadnought to charge it and then you can use it to trigger a special event. Helped twilight with the end of his.

I'd love to do tier 3 CoO tonight. I've need to summon mini-Crota as well for the fragment.

Once charged the Agonarch rune lets you do a "quest" which is more or less to kill a bunch of elites and stuff to unlock a chest which drops a fragment.

Wormsinger you have to defeat a boss for a fragment, and the Skyburner command beacon gets turned into a "bounty" which is timed and once finished unlocks a door to a chest with a fragment.

That's the extent of what I know. What yellows do I beat to charge it? w/ Wormsinger where do I find said boss? As far as the command beacon, am I given some kind of waypoint on my HUD?

Yes to all 3. Each of those steps give you a calcified fragment. You need 45 of those for the touch of malice.

For the Argo Rune, you need to kill "named" Taken. You can fill it once per day. When filled, you can do the "event". On a side note, you can actully join up with someone that ahs a filled Argo Rune and killed the named Taken that appear during the event. That means you can charge your rune in like 5 minutes instead of a week.

Wormsinger Rune and Skyburners beacon are similar events thta get you a calcified in the end. You use those in a small pedestal-like thing that is hidden in some caves on the Dreadnaught (for the Wormsinger) and at the control panel inside the big ship to the left as you drop on patrol (for the beacon).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I need a T3 for the Eris/300 artifact quest on my Titan, and I'd also love to do some CoO on my Warlock. if the timing works out it would be great to run it with you

Holy shit this stuff need to be better explained. Which one do you upgrade, the donor gear, or the gear to be infused? I had a similar junk infuse the other day. I used a new drop 299 arm to infuse my fully upgraded 290 arms. Only came up to 296, 67% not 80% +.

Huh, I was starting to think that the penalty was higher when infusing exotics with non exotics, but maybe the penalty is higher for infusing any higher quality gear with any lower quality gear.

That sounds really weird. I haven't really tracked the system for infusing legendaries into exotics, and I haven't payed attention to whether or not the gun having experience in it has any effect, but when I infuse I always get 80% of the difference in power plus it always rounds up to the nearest whole number. And if I infuse a 295 with a 300, or something with a difference of five or less, then I always get up to the full power of 300 or whatever it is... so for some reason for me it always gives a little extra if the two weapons are 5 or closer in power.

Also it is much more beneficial to save some lower power blues and infuse 2 or 3 or even 4 times versus just infusing once starting from lowest power to higest power... you can get a lot more power that way.

I always try to infuse closer light levels, smaller steps like you mention. But it's been incredibly hard to get primary drops higher than the 296 the Supercell was at. I knew I was going to lose some, just never thought it would be that much.

If this is accurate, then legendaries must have slightly different rules than exotics. I infused a 310 Bhammer with my 300 TYS and got a 308 TYS.

I was thinking the same thing, but Hudson's post above made think something else. Maybe if you infuse the same quality gear (exotics on exotics, legendaries on legendaries) you get a smaller penalty than lower quality on higher quality (rares on legendaries, legendaries on exotics).

But that doesn't explain why my 300 Supercell only got up to 307 when infused with a 310 TLW. Maybe I had to apply some XP to TLW before infusing like Javier mentioned.

LTWood12

You lure out and bop Taken Majors on the Dreadnaught, one for every day of the week. Once you've murdered Taken on each and every day, the rune is ready to go. Wormsinger runes go into machines near the Breach which summon little boss monsters of the hive into the middle of the Breach. Same for the command beacon, just goes in a different machine.

For the agonarch rune, you have to kill yellow-bar named targets on the Dreadnaught each day until it's filled.

In the main spawn area you will sometimes see taken enemies, keep killing them until a yellow bar enemy appears. Once you kill it, you will get 1 charge.

You can swap the rune between characters and get 3 a day, or have someone activate their rune and kill all the enemies that spawn to insta-fill yours.

Yes to all 3. Each of those steps give you a calcified fragment. You need 45 of those for the touch of malice.

For the Argo Rune, you need to kill "named" Taken. You can fill it once per day. When filled, you can do the "event". On a side note, you can actully join up with someone that ahs a filled Argo Rune and killed the named Taken that appear during the event. That means you can charge your rune in like 5 minutes instead of a week.

Wormsinger Rune and Skyburners beacon are similar events thta get you a calcified in the end. You use those in a small pedestal-like thing that is hidden in some caves on the Dreadnaught (for the Wormsinger) and at the control panel inside the big ship to the left as you drop on patrol (for the beacon).

Thanks everybody. Sounds like I'm the last one that needs to do this. Hopefully I can jump in w/ someone who has a fully charged one, though I guess doing it over the next four days isn't that big of a deal.

ocean

Banned
Was sitting at 196 marks before doing the dailies and didn't know what to buy since I was really just saving them for the reset. Went ahead and bought some Bones of Eao just to make
those damn jumping puzzles easier. Toughest part of the raid for sure :p

Edit: Wait I didnt even pay attention rofl didnt even cost marks. Well shit. Need something else to buy now...
Work on looks. Matching armor, Speaker class items...too many guardians around here are a ragtag mess in their hunger for higher Light :p

I need a T3 for the Eris/300 artificant quest on my Titan, and I'd also love to do some CoO on my Warlock. if the timing works out it would be great to run it with you
Remember for this quest the rune doesn't have to be your own! :) if you hop in to somebody else's mini Crota you'll get credit for your artifact.

Tecnniqe

Banned
No, but will be tonight! I'll check in w/ you this evening.

I'd love to do tier 3 CoO tonight. I've need to summon mini-Crota as well for the fragment.

That's the extent of what I know. What yellows do I beat to charge it? w/ Wormsinger where do I find said boss? As far as the command beacon, am I given some kind of waypoint on my HUD?

Agonarch rune you charge by killing Taken champions that spawn once you kill 3 waves of lesser minions. Is the glowing taken smoke balls that usually spawn around the Dread. Walk into them and they trigger a few units spawns and a boss.
Do 1 a day until charged or join someone who already charged theirs to fully charge yours.

Wormsinger rune spawns a hive ship if im not mistaken somewhere close to you.

Command beacon triggers a HUD experience very much like a Bounty would, just timed

LTWood12

Agonarch rune you charge by killing Taken champions that spawn once you kill 3 waves of lesser minions. Is the glowing taken smoke balls that usually spawn around the Dread. Walk into them and they trigger a few units spawns and a boss.
Do 1 a day until charged or join someone who already charged theirs to fully charge yours.

Wormsinger rune spawns a hive ship if im not mistaken somewhere close to you.

Command beacon triggers a HUD experience very much like a Bounty would, just timed

Thanks Liquid.

PuMa

Thanks everybody. Sounds like I'm the last one that needs to do this. Hopefully I can jump in w/ someone who has a fully charged one, though I guess doing it over the next four days isn't that big of a deal.

I have a charged one and haven't done it yet! Let's team up.

X-Frame

Can someone confirm regarding the raid,
Is there any reason to keep shooting Oryx after the Orge Blight orbs are detonated? It seems like it may be a waste of ammo if Oryx needs 4 cycles of detonating the Blight's and then a final quick damage phase just to kill him.

Otherwise, after detonating the Blight's everyone should be cleaning up adds, not shooting Oryx. Or does shooting Oryx actually produce significant damage which may offset if a Blight isn't detonated during the rounds?

GutZ31

Not feeling nightstalker. Great for bosses though.
It's mostly support class, but can be pretty deadly in crucible as well when you find the right skills and weapons to use.
Gunslinger with celestial nighthawk is still king of PvE, and the symbiot is best for PvP.

maomaoIYP

I finished Shaxx's longass quest last night.
I just finished all his weekly bounties.
He gave me 14 coins. Yay......I guess.

edit: I finished most of Arcite's bounties along the way too. He gives telemetries upon completion.

Strider

Work on looks. Matching armor, Speaker class items...too many guardians around here are a ragtag mess in their hunger for higher Light :p

Been trying to get a better cloak as this raid cloak isn't cutting it. Really want a year 2 Venom of Ikaheka but speaker hasn't sold it yet :(

purg3

slept with Malkin
They're the most useful consumable in the game.

I don't remember what it's like to have an unleveled weapon :p as soon as I get something I pop a Telemetry (250 glimmer) and a dozen or so motes - I think 20 for an Exotic - and done.

That, and I keep edging factions. Whenever I'm past halfway ranked I'll dump motes. I've spent thousands doing this :p I rarely go over 150 motes because I start leveling factions right away.

In the last 2 weeks my Hunter alone has gained 16 Dead Orbit Ranks.

What's the math on mote-faction rank? How many motes for a Rank basically? I need to go from 0-3 with dead orbit. I want that scout.

Top Bottom