• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This is just crazy to me. The weapon is great because of what it does, not because it is 310.

Exactly.

And the same reasons that people were excited about the weapon to begin with are still there. Crazy high impact, higher DPS than just about everything else in its class on anything with a weakspot, nostalgia

that doesn't suddenly disappear because of an attack value change

and it doesn't take away from how great of a 1st event that was for bungie to start off year 2

I'm a Black Hammer Fanboy so I'm happy to just have the weapon.

BH was the only weapon prior to TTK I wasn't able to get my hands on, so I am happy to have one too.

Would have been nice to be able to do the infuse dance to keep it above 100, but I can get it there with time, or at least close. It won't be the end of the world just a minor bump in the road that I didn't even know existed until yesterday.

Kyne

as someone who didn't get to get the spindle, HAD I actually tried it wouldn't have been for the gun. I never had the gun in year 1, so I could care less.

I would have tried for the 310/300 kiosk light value.

R0ckman

Yeah let's give players a 310 weapon like ToM that takes less than 15 minutes to get. The moment i heard that you get a 310 exotic i was like okay maybe if you're over 300 light sure, but then they said you can buy it at 300 and i was like yeah that's broken. I cleared it with over 2 minutes left on the timer last night twice, on my first 3 runs. my 2nd run we failed cause i made a dumb dumb before we even got to the ketch.

the mission isn't that hard, and is an easy way to get an exotic that is a y2 black hammer, just be happy that there's a y2 blackhammer that no one knew about before yesterday.

Disagree, probably can only quickly get through the mission with high attack shotguns, swords and a couple of raid weapons. Probably less than 10% of the Destiny community is properly geared for that challenge.

ocean

Banned
The fact that it's obviously quite hard to beat, plus that fact that it isn't even earnable save for probably 48 hours out of the month, 310 seems like the appropriate light value. it's meant to be an event type thing, so I think it should be different. By bringing it down to 290, they ought to just add it to the regular heroic version.
It's a petty thing of them to do that's for sure. I'd understand making the kiosk version 280 like all the rest but this should have stayed at 310. Not because we earned it or the difficulty of any of that but just because it seems like such a strange small silly thing that taking it down is pointless.

We'll have them back near 310 in some weeks. What the hell is the point of slowing that? Nobody gains anything :p really seems like a strange thing for them to care about, but then for the same reason (it's easily and inevitably something we'll correct in some weeks) it seems equally strange to be more than a bit annoyed at it.

Whatever, they know they're dealing with a huge community and anything they do will be super controversial as people can feel passionately about different things. I just hope we find something else new in the game soon so we can put this under the rug and move on :p

You and me both.
And everyone else at work

FML.... I even brought my Vita to work but I didn't leave the PS4 on rest mode so I can't turn it on... :((((((((((((((((

Edit: Just on case someone asks, I brought it for:

12090714781032.gif

stb

I think people would have been super excited for the secret mission which is the only way to get a specific exotic, and that exotic is a Y2 Black Hammer, especially with the super cool "map" rune thing from a dismantled Y1 BH, even if it was 290.

THAT SAID, I think a lot of people tried for much longer than they would have, otherwise, because it was 310. Not necessarily for the attack rating in and of itself, but the implication for raising their average rate and the fact that snipers are important to the raid.

Bungie doing the "no fun allowed" thing is annoying; 0.25% of the destiny population having a 310 exotic sniper isn't going to break/trivialize anything in the grand scheme of things. Especially because it seems like many of people that got it didn't have THAT hard a time with it or were carried through it by people that didn't have a hard time with it.

They really need to learn to just say "Oops. Ah, well. Enjoy it, we screwed up and it doesn't really hurt anything." The only downside I can see to that is when something DOES happen that legitimately breaks things people would be very quick to say "why fix THIS, when x, y, and z were tolerated?!".

So, who's gonna carry me next time it's the daily?

LiK

It's a petty thing of them to do that's for sure. I'd understand making the kiosk version 280 like all the rest but this should have stayed at 310. Not because we earned it or the difficulty of any of that but just because it seems like such a strange small silly thing that taking it down is pointless.

We'll have them back near 310 in some weeks. What the hell is the point of slowing that? Nobody gains anything :p really seems like a strange thing for them to care about, but then for the same reason (it's easily and inevitably something we'll correct in some weeks) it seems equally strange to be more than a bit annoyed at it.

Whatever, they know they're dealing with a huge community and anything they do will be super controversial as people can feel passionately about different things. I just hope we find something else new in the game soon so we can put this under the rug and move on :p

I only care about the exotic Stranger's Rifle if it exists. I only care about an exotic Pulse Rifle. Someone find that!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can someone please tell me if I should infuse the 310 into something!?

I was away and have no idea what to do now.

Yes. Infuse it into a junk special legendary.

Well, first, bring the junk legendary to 300 using vendor Spindles.

Once 300, infuse your 310 spindle into it to make a 308 ish junk legendary.

Once the nerf hits, buy a new Spindle at 290, bring it to 300, and then fuse the junk legendary into it to get a 306/307ish spindle.

Afrocious

The ship is hideous and I'm disappointed Bungie figured it looked good. It's like an artist took one of the ships, broke it apart, and randomly put the pieces back together. Then they half-assed symmetry and called it a ship. The front of the ship looks like the rear of some ships in the game.

I have it equipped.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I didn't even know it was 310 until it dropped for me. I did it early enough in the day that not many people had it yet.

But the gun was the excitement for me. Not the damage output. I have other exotics right now I would rather use regardless of the Spindle being 310.

Messiek

Yes. Infuse it into a junk special legendary.

Well, first, bring the junk legendary to 300 using vendor Spindles.

Once 300, infuse your 310 spindle into it to make a 308 ish junk legendary.

Once the nerf hits, buy a new Spindle at 290, bring it to 300, and then fuse the junk legendary into it to get a 306/307ish spindle.

Thx, will do : )
When are we raiding, Tiger?

GhaleonEB

I can't remember the last time I had less than 10k Glimmer.

When TTK came out, I had 25k glimmer,and it's never dipped below $21k. I was sitting on one of those crystals from the Prison of Elders that was worth 5k, but just up and deleted it yesterday so I stopped having the marker to turn it in when I couldn't. Glimmer flows so freely that it's a non-factor in everything I've done so far.

nOoblet16

How about we get a quick patch that stops the Firefly and LiTC combination of The Vanity to crash the game instead of a quick patch that fixes something that didn't need fixing ?

Afrocious

As long as Bungie doesn't touch my Touch of Malice or else they'll have to deal with my own malice. It's already a shame the kiosk reprint is 280 or 290 (I forget)

Sullichin

How about we get a quick patch that stops the Firefly and LiTC combination of The Vanity to crash the game instead of a quick patch that fixes something that didn't need fixing ?

Yeah I hope they fix this. So many crashes because of that, before I realized it was that combination that did it.

I think people would have been super excited for the secret mission which is the only way to get a specific exotic, and that exotic is a Y2 Black Hammer, especially with the super cool "map" rune thing from a dismantled Y1 BH, even if it was 290.

THAT SAID, I think a lot of people tried for much longer than they would have, otherwise, because it was 310. Not necessarily for the attack rating in and of itself, but the implication for raising their average rate and the fact that snipers are important to the raid.

Bungie doing the "no fun allowed" thing is annoying; 0.25% of the destiny population having a 310 exotic sniper isn't going to break/trivialize anything in the grand scheme of things. Especially because it seems like many of people that got it didn't have THAT hard a time with it or were carried through it by people that didn't have a hard time with it.

They really need to learn to just say "Oops. Ah, well. Enjoy it, we screwed up and it doesn't really hurt anything." The only downside I can see to that is when something DOES happen that legitimately breaks things people would be very quick to say "why fix THIS, when x, y, and z were tolerated?!".

So, who's gonna carry me next time it's the daily?

I only think they should fix guns if those guns are breaking PvP e.g. Thorn

If those guns make PvE easier so what? Doesn't hurt anybody else and it certainly doesn't compromise anything for people who are choosing not to use them.

Only thing they should focus on fixing is clipping through the map and old VOG in 2 minute problems. Guns should only be fixed when they hurt other people's enjoyment of the game.

Shito

The ship is hideous and I'm disappointed Bungie figured it looked good. It's like an artist took one of the ships, broke it apart, and randomly put the pieces back together. Then they half-assed symmetry and called it a ship. The front of the ship looks like the rear of some ships in the game.

I have it equipped.
You and me both, buddy.
Once the "how did you get it?" is done, that ugly ship is promptly going back to the garage...

BahamutPT

The Attack value of the weapon clearly is a big deal... If not, why else would Bungie be upset by it dropping at a different value than the one intended? And it's not like you could get unlimited 310 Black Spindles for infusion, since you could get a max of 3 (one per character).

And even getting one at 300 from the Kiosk would only allow you to infuse a single slot to 300, so it wasn't much of an "abuse".

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
My Stillpiercer is 308 now but I probably should have infused the 1000 yard sniper. Both are pretty similar in stats though.

Top Bottom