• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

stb

Somebody still needs the Scent of the Worm fragment?

We could help each other by standing on the invisible platforms.

Timing is tight - hard to do solo.

Jump along the ledge on the left - it's a lot easier. You can skip the platforms altogether. I'll try to find a link to a video of it.

I used the "ledge" method over the weekend. It took a few tries, but I got it. You can practice it without the scent to get the feel down.

X-Frame

There's a real possibility that the damned weapon is there and that these guys just missed it too.

This is what I think/hope.

Why would Bungie build this alternate ending to that mission just for rep? I mean, I guess they could be I want to believe there is more that these guys missed.

Hopefully others can reproduce what they did and maybe we can build from there.

Afrocious

I'd be 100% cool with having a legit reason to do VoG again.

What if they gave us a special level 40 VoG raid mission Kreygasm

mfw VoG w/o gjally

obamasequesterfrown.banner.reuters.jpg.jpg

So, has anyone who is pledged to FWC run this mission? I find it hard to believe these guy's are the first. They had to have done something else inside the vault to get it to trigger.

Spent 4 hours last night fighting O
ryx
. Four. 4. We spent sooo long and just couldn't kill him. I don't know what was going wrong...I was platforming like a champ. Never fell once. But I don't think we were doing enough DPS.

If anyone is it at that CP and is trying to squeeze in a finish today, please let me know. I really want to beat this.

Afrocious

ryx
. Four. 4. We spent sooo long and just couldn't kill him. I don't know what was going wrong...I was platforming like a champ. Never fell once. But I don't think we were doing enough DPS.

If anyone is it at that CP and is trying to squeeze in a finish today, please let me know. I really want to beat this.

Where and when were the wipes happening?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ace of Spades. *Drops mic*

I REALLY hope that someone somewhere can tell me that my gut feeling is right and that Icarus is actually a hidden perk on that weapon. I've been way too lucky in the air with it in PvP.

Also, the weapon deserves a nod as being one of the most gud feeling primary weapons in Y2

ryx

If you get a group going I can help

R0ckman

I really want to know what is going on in the minds of some of the developers who make decisions like a secret/hidden encounter in a mission only rewarding you with rep? Lol, it just feels like it's orchestrating me to shout out "What they hell were they thinking?"

So after arms day my Exotic Sword quest will have me tasked with doing the Sunless Cell portion. Does anyone know if I will get credit for all 3 at once with one run since they are all on one character?

Deku Tree

ryx

If you can stagger him each time, and if people don't die to adds, and if you always detonate all your bombs, and if you can kill the Echo of Oryx fast enough, then DPS isn't a problem it's execution. If you can't stagger him, or you can't kill the Echo, then it could be DPS.

MrDaravon

I really want to know what is going on in the minds of some of the developers who make decisions like a secret/hidden encounter in a mission only rewarding you with rep? Lol, it just feels like it's orchestrating me to shout out "What they hell were they thinking?"

As pointed out in the reddit thread, this could be one (of maybe many) pre-requisites, just like how supposedly you actually have to turn in those 4 fusion rifles to Banshee to trigger the exotic weapon quest whenever that figures out.

Where and when were the wipes happening?

When we started we absolutely couldn't stun him to prevent him from wiping us without weapons of light. A few people were using Black Spindle, and someone spoke up that it shoots slower than shite, he doesn't have a spot to proc precision hits on, and the clip size is only 3. So those of us with Black Spindle switched to 1000 Yard Stare and were then able to get him without weapons of light.

When we had a really good rhythm, we'd get him down to a bit less than 50%, and he'd pull us into that orb thing. A few times we had him near dead in there, but just couldn't pull it off. Not one time. The defense outside wasn't too hot, and it was just crazy town all over.

But I don't know...we just couldn't get it.
If you get a group going I can help
Much appreciated. We'll see if I can get lucky.

Schryver

ryx

This was with me right? If so our group was only trying for 3 hours i think. lol. I just read some info about the bombs that would have helped i think...

Deku Tree

SO this is what they said that they did:

"Last Edit for the next hours: We did it on heroic 240 light onr of us got to the brockenbportal near the gatekeeper entrance, 2nd dude scaned the skeleton , the guy on the portal jumped down and triggert a darkness zone the second dude killed himself and a third was joining to this time. We werent able to repeat it, were working on it rifht now, maybe we needbfor it to be the daily. Im hoping to give you awesome guys a video of it soon. And dont kill any enemie on the beginning"

And they weren't able to get it to happen a second time... maybe they accidentally glitched in because their friend joined at the perfect moment? Maybe it will be easier to access when it's the daily story mission?

LTWood12

When we had a really good rhythm, we'd get him down to a bit less than 50%, and he'd pull us into that orb thing. A few times we had him near dead in there, but just couldn't pull it off. Not one time. The defense outside wasn't too hot, and it was just crazy town all over.

When we started we absolutely couldn't stun him to prevent him from wiping us without weapons of light. A few people were using Black Spindle, and someone spoke up that it shoots slower than shite, he doesn't have a spot to proc precision hits on, and the clip size is only 3. So those of us with Black Spindle switched to 1000 Yard Stare and were then able to get him without weapons of light.

Did you have any 280s in there? Multiple low 290s? Anyone over 300? It's crazy how much of a difference it makes to have a couple 300+ in there with you. Tried the other day w/ one 300+ and the rest of us were low 290s. It just wasn't happening. Did it last night w/ two 300s and the next lowest of us was 295. We got it done in about an hour.

All this assumes everyone knows and understands the fight, which it sounds like ya'll certainly did.

SO this is what they said that they did:

"Last Edit for the next hours: We did it on heroic 240 light onr of us got to the brockenbportal near the gatekeeper entrance, 2nd dude scaned the skeleton , the guy on the portal jumped down and triggert a darkness zone the second dude killed himself and a third was joining to this time. We werent able to repeat it, were working on it rifht now, maybe we needbfor it to be the daily. Im hoping to give you awesome guys a video of it soon. And dont kill any enemie on the beginning"

And they weren't able to get it to happen a second time... maybe they accidentally glitched in because their friend joined at the perfect moment? Maybe it will be easier to access when it's the daily story mission?

soooooo, they fucked it up?

You actually think this is over?

This mystery has not been solved, it has only just begun.

Deku Tree

Much appreciated. We'll see if I can get lucky.

When you are inside the orb you have to kill the Echo of Oryx quickly or else it's a wipe. It helps to teather the Echo with a nightstalker or put a weapons of light bubble in there to increase the damage... the people outside HAVE TO CLEAR ALL THE ADDS otherwise they come inside the bubble and kill you... the adds only have two spawn points on either side of the bubble so they are very easy to find and kill quickly.

Schryver

Did you have any 280s in there? Multiple low 290s? Anyone over 300? It's crazy how much of a difference it makes to have a couple 300+ in there with you. Tried the other day w/ one 300+ and the rest of us were low 290s. It just wasn't happening. Did it last night w/ two 300s and the next lowest of us was 295. We got it done in about an hour.

All this assumes everyone knows and understands the fight, which it sounds like ya'll certainly did.

It was three 295s, one 292, two 299s i think. Once we switched up peoples snipers it was better for sure. just execution really.
on one of our best tries i died to a shitty eyeball add right before the stagger part and i was only one using weapons of light. and then on another good attempt couple of us died from a knight with a missile that hit us while rezzing right before the echo phase.
and then we were all too tired i think

I'm gonna say I highly doubt being FWC is a requirement.

That'd be super odd

Apparently FWC is the only faction that has a classified quest. This according to Reddit. So far we only know these guys were pledged to FWC, did it on 240, and didn't kill the Vex in the beginning.

Mupod

Best thing about Zhalo Supercell is the Thrall horde near the end of the Sunless Cell strike. While my goober-ass teammates are farting around in the shrieker room I just run through to skip that stupid crap and get all the thralls to myself. Supercell's ammo proc happens so often on them you can hold the trigger down for the entire group, it's great.

Top Bottom