• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

stb

DGAF; I've got 197 Marks and want to buy something. I already have Hung Jury, a 1000 Yard Stare, a Stillpiercer, a 295 Truth (that does take up my exotic slot obviously). Not much else as far as a good heavy. What should I buy? I've been wanting the Y2 Suros but I was also thinking about the FWC rocket launcher.

Someone was saying Ruin Wake (Crucible vendor?) is the new BTRD.

Forgetting the woes of not finding players to play with: Is the only way to have 280+ exotics is to infuse them with legendaries? It sucks to have a legendary that's better than my exotic.

I'm finding the light level 280+ stage to be a little confusing in terms of what's the best thing to do now.

Exotics from Xur are 280. Engram Exotics decrypt 290. Once you're 300+, then Exotic Engrams fluctuate between 290 and 310.

Dave_6

If you want a backup RL for Truth, Vertigo is pretty good and can use for both PvE and PvP.

If you want to get ready for PvP, Apple of Discord is a good Pulse.

I had an AoD drop on my Warlock last night with the vendor perks. Just needs to be infused a few times.

Grab Y2 Suros then. It's a great gun to have during the raid. It's what I used most of the time (when range was more important I went with the B. Gemini).

Leaning towards it then. The only new exotics I have (from TTK) are the Gemini, Ace of Spades and the Hereafter.

I've seen that posted a few times. Ugh, too many decisions.

If being FWC is a requirement, this gives Factions a whole new spin on things. Currently it's just "I'm X faction because I want to buy X weapon or get shader."

Look at all of you D.O. and N.M. pledgers hating.
I'm rank 25 D.O.

The obvious solution is have one of each of your characters for each faction.

Shito

I've had several Ruin Wakes drop for me, one of them with some really good perks to increase its range.
With this kind of build it nearly compares with the divinity that was Against All Odds.

Man, it's really annoying going to the court of oryx and it being empty. Either Bungie is bad at pulling people together or there should be more players per zone.

I get that you can get a fire team and do it but seems like an unnecessary hassle. Ugh.

I would honestly say that 9 out of 10 times when I hit this area, I am the only person in the zone. If I go anywhere else in the game, 9 times out of 10 there will be at least 1 other person there with me.

But not for the CoO area. It's absolutely crazy.

I had an AoD drop on my Warlock last night with the vendor perks. Just needs to be infused a few times.

Leaning towards it then. The only new exotics I have (from TTK) are the Gemini, Ace of Spades and the Hereafter.

I've seen that posted a few times. Ugh, too many decisions.

Ruin wake as stb said is very good, like a BTRD. The Villany is also a pretty good pulse. Similar to Hopscotch.

Two Words

I need to finish the raid. I have the checkpoint for the final boss. I've watched a video on how to do it, but I've never done it. Some experience would be nice for guiding those that haven't done it or seen it. I can be at 302 with a good sniper. I'm on PS4.

Schryver

I hear you man, I was there and couldn't believe it. Shot Goldengun with Nighthawk to stagger him and I'm pretty sure another guy also was doing it, then switched to Sniper and he didn't stagger. Also those
Echoes
not dying were awful. I'm down to another try tonight I read a really good advice for hunters.

Wish it showed Oryx dps. I wonder if sometimes people would miss his center and get immune shots too often. Also read that you should try to activate bombs at the same time (one reason we would die sometimes when having to activate the furthest ones). I really want to kill him tonight so I can get Touch of Malice (asssuming I ever get a T3 rune :/). I will stay up until reset and only get 4 hours of sleep again if necessary!

purg3

slept with Malkin

The base New Monarchary HMG is good too, got one from a package with HH and something else I can't remember right now but I like it a lot.

There was also a really good reddit post with a breakdown of all the vendor stuffs and what is worth buying

E92 M3

I love walking around the tower with the Taniks Cloak, people stop and stare at me, sometimes I do a countdown and get an invite for a Nightfall or Raid lol.

Aristocratic hunter

I've had several Ruin Wakes drop for me, one of them with some really good perks to increase its range.
With this kind of build it nearly compares with the divinity that was Against All Odds.

Yes, praise the almight Against All Odds

I need to finish the raid. I have the checkpoint for the final boss. I've watched a video on how to do it, but I've never done it. Some experience would be nice for guiding those that haven't done it or seen it. I can be at 302 with a good sniper. I'm on PS4.
I'm in same boat. Anyone else want to try and do last boss on raid?

kiguel182

I would honestly say that 9 out of 10 times when I hit this area, I am the only person in the zone. If I go anywhere else in the game, 9 times out of 10 there will be at least 1 other person there with me.

But not for the CoO area. It's absolutely crazy.

It really is. In my mind that would be a vibrant area with a bunch of people putting runes in and going for it. The reality is far more depressing.

It's another activity where you have to go outside the game to find people to do it instead of it being a totally in game thing.

E92 M3

Guys, I've gotten the Touch of Malice. Three times. Never again.

bcxlOs9.gif

ich00

Need 2 more....

Is anyone up for helping me get my first
Oryx
kill tonight around 9:45-10:00 EST? I have the CP, the group I was in the other night couldn't get the DPS right to stagger him. I may have one friend joining, so I’d need 4 to help. Any and all help would be appreciated.

1. Ichabod00 (me)
2. My friend
3. g3ud0
4. v1br4t1ons

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
I
Wish it showed Oryx dps. I wonder if sometimes people would miss his center and get immune shots too often. Also read that you should try to activate bombs at the same time (one reason we would die sometimes when having to activate the furthest ones). I really want to kill him tonight so I can get Touch of Malice (asssuming I ever get a T3 rune :/). I will stay up until reset and only get 4 hours of sleep again if necessary!

I'm curious if we had too many people in the low 290s. My biggest problem
was detonating my bomb and getting back to safety, helped when we started having the aura in the middle, we kept killing my ogre basically at his spawn point. also really hard to kill him when he's last and the relic holder says "got it!" and everyone books. Also when there are random adds (pretty rare) when yr killing ogres, died to acolyte eyes a few times.
Pretty sure we need to consistantly detonate all the bombs and get to safety, the bombs do the real damage

Usual plan for CoO playtime is:

-Load up Patrol, go to CoO. Find nobody. Go to Orbit.
-Load up Patrol, go to CoO. Find Somebody! Wooo! Guy is not doing CoO. Go to Orbit.

Takes about 15-20 min until I find a group doing the activity.

Yet I only need to fire up Cosmodrome once and see like 28736283687 people running around the area.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I wish Bungie had sorted out these Focused Light codes from Redbull. Nearly 3 weeks of waiting and the grinding to get my final guardian 1 to 40 is so fucking boring.

LTWood12

Usual plan for CoO playtime is:

-Load up Patrol, go to CoO. Find Somebody! Wooo! Guy is not doing CoO. Go to Orbit.

Takes about 15-20 min until I find a group doing the activity.

Yet I only need to fire up Cosmodrome once and see like 28736283687 people running around the area.

Wouldn't it be easier to just sit there and wait? If everyone's doing what you do then no one would ever see anyone.

Top Bottom