• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

R0ckman

I love walking around the tower with the Taniks Cloak, people stop and stare at me, sometimes I do a countdown and get an invite for a Nightfall or Raid lol.

Acidote

Praedyth had a lot to do with the Vex, the grimoire talks about visions of the future and the faction is future war cult. I guess that's the connection people are thinking about.

Raybunny

After 88 flakes the chests start to bug out on me. Some drop something others drop nothing. Had to move a stack of 90 to another character to make it work properly.

GlamFM

Banned
It's entirely possible (and highly likely) that they triggered something by accident that can actually only be done once it is the daily.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't raided on my hunter yet this week, looking to join any or all checkpoints. Or if someone's doing a fresh one, I'm in. PSN: ultrajari

GlamFM

Banned
Praedyth had a lot to do with the Vex, the grimoire talks about visions of the future and the faction is future war cult. I guess that's the connection people are thinking about.

Or you need to wear a full vex raid set... Or at least the helmet.

I need 2 people with FWC allegiance and do the whole thing without killing a single Vex thats not taken.

SO this is what they said that they did:

"Last Edit for the next hours: We did it on heroic 240 light onr of us got to the brockenbportal near the gatekeeper entrance, 2nd dude scaned the skeleton , the guy on the portal jumped down and triggert a darkness zone the second dude killed himself and a third was joining to this time. We werent able to repeat it, were working on it rifht now, maybe we needbfor it to be the daily. Im hoping to give you awesome guys a video of it soon. And dont kill any enemie on the beginning"

And they weren't able to get it to happen a second time... maybe they accidentally glitched in because their friend joined at the perfect moment? Maybe it will be easier to access when it's the daily story mission?

I tried messing around with this mission (on normal) few days ago. Made it to the gatekeepers door but it was locked. No way to go back to gorgons from there to finish the mission.

This was solo, would be something else with a fireteam possibly?

Strider

Apparently FWC is the only faction that has a classified quest. This according to Reddit.

wuuuut. Never heard of classified quests before. It was datamined or something?

I was planning on going with FWC tomorrow anyway so I'll be good if it is a requirement. Still seems weird tho.

Mupod

Mash all four shoulder buttons with your super active and your dude will throw like 30 hammers instead of 8

I haven't gotten this to work as well as it did in the video, but it did make my arms spaz out. Didn't seem all that practical but it is funny. I want to see 6 sunbreakers using it.

wondering if i should infuse my 292 hawkmoon with my 310 raid pulse rifle but that would limit my options in terms of exotic uses. Could also infuse it with my ToM and rebuy the ToM blueprint but the damage would only be 280 or 290...but i doubt I do that given the work i put into getting it.

Magwik

Banned
I love walking around the tower with the Taniks Cloak, people stop and stare at me, sometimes I do a countdown and get an invite for a Nightfall or Raid lol.
You just made me realize that I often scrap most cloaks without looking
Now I'm concerned I got rid of the Taniks cloak at some point

Afrocious

When we started we absolutely couldn't stun him to prevent him from wiping us without weapons of light. A few people were using Black Spindle, and someone spoke up that it shoots slower than shite, he doesn't have a spot to proc precision hits on, and the clip size is only 3. So those of us with Black Spindle switched to 1000 Yard Stare and were then able to get him without weapons of light.

When we had a really good rhythm, we'd get him down to a bit less than 50%, and he'd pull us into that orb thing. A few times we had him near dead in there, but just couldn't pull it off. Not one time. The defense outside wasn't too hot, and it was just crazy town all over.

But I don't know...we just couldn't get it.

Much appreciated. We'll see if I can get lucky.

Yeah, I wouldn't use Black Spindle for staggers. 1000 yard is a better choice since it's faster and you're simply trying to stagger, not mount damage.

If you're outside the bubble, adds gotta die ASAP. As Deku said, they only spawn in two spots. A Stormcaller can hold a side on his own if his super is up.
Be sure to kill the Echo ASAP or else it's a raid wipe.

If you have the DPS to stagger, then you should have the DPS to take out the Echo fast enough.

kiguel182

Man, it's really annoying going to the court of oryx and it being empty. Either Bungie is bad at pulling people together or there should be more players per zone.

I get that you can get a fire team and do it but seems like an unnecessary hassle. Ugh.

Daemul

I remember that when the Taken King quests were datamined it was discovered that FWC had an extra classified quest, this may be the start of it.

EL CUCO

MrS

Banned
I haven't gotten this to work as well as it did in the video, but it did make my arms spaz out. Didn't seem all that practical but it is funny. I want to see 6 sunbreakers using it.
It's going to be awesome in the raid at reset. Can't wait to test it out on the bosses!

wuuuut. Never heard of classified quests before. It was datamined or something?

I was planning on going with FWC tomorrow anyway so I'll be good if it is a requirement. Still seems weird tho.

Yeah. I don't have the link, but someone posted it in that Reddit thread.

I agree, it does seem odd, but we don't really know the extent to any of Bungie's secrets so anything and everything is on the table until stuff is found.

It's easy enough to pledge, play the mission at 240 with another FWC member and find out.

Edit: Based on their updates it really sound like they glitched into their on accident and this happens normally by some other means

Dave_6

DGAF; I've got 197 Marks and want to buy something. I already have Hung Jury, a 1000 Yard Stare, a Stillpiercer, a 295 Truth (that does take up my exotic slot obviously). Not much else as far as a good heavy. What should I buy? I've been wanting the Y2 Suros but I was also thinking about the FWC rocket launcher.

DGAF; I've got 197 Marks and want to buy something. I already have Hung Jury, a 1000 Yard Stare, a Stillpiercer, a 295 Truth (that does take up my exotic slot obviously). Not much else as far as a good heavy. What should I buy? I've been wanting the Y2 Suros but I was also thinking about the FWC rocket launcher.

I'd say Y2 Suros unless you have Touch of Malice.

sorry about the rage rc213 mini crota should not be that hard wtf...

Where are you guys failling the fight? How many of you are there?

vctor182

Spent 4 hours last night fighting O
ryx
. Four. 4. We spent sooo long and just couldn't kill him. I don't know what was going wrong...I was platforming like a champ. Never fell once. But I don't think we were doing enough DPS.

If anyone is it at that CP and is trying to squeeze in a finish today, please let me know. I really want to beat this.

I hear you man, I was there and couldn't believe it. Shot Goldengun with Nighthawk to stagger him and I'm pretty sure another guy also was doing it, then switched to Sniper and he didn't stagger. Also those
Echoes
not dying were awful. I'm down to another try tonight I read a really good advice for hunters.

Kyne

So this weekend my girlfriend, best friend, and I will be diving into King’s Fall for the first time. It’ll be a semi blind raid (I’ve seen footage, but have never partaken) so it’ll probably require some patience and time.

We’re in need of 3 others who are also interested. You can be completely blind/semi-blind/experienced, doesn’t really matter. Anyone is welcome.

There are a couple of requirements;

- Be PATIENT/FRIENDLY. This is a must.
- Have a microphone and be able to communicate.
- Be at least light level 285+ … (290 is preferred. All 3 of us are 290+ and we'll be running Titan/Titan/Warlock)

This is for people who have sort of been left behind from all the gun-ho raiders who got leveled up super quick and dove right in. Again, experienced players who take joy in helping others are also welcome.

The raid will start at around 8 p.m CT (central time zone) on Friday.

edit: FILLED!

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. NostalgiaUltraa
4. legilimens.
5. churmom
6. hawkian

alrightttt. 1 more for Friday evening. We're a fun bunch.

If you want a backup RL for Truth, Vertigo is pretty good and can use for both PvE and PvP.

If you want to get ready for PvP, Apple of Discord is a good Pulse.

kiguel182

Forgetting the woes of not finding players to play with: Is the only way to have 280+ exotics is to infuse them with legendaries? It sucks to have a legendary that's better than my exotic.

I'm finding the light level 280+ stage to be a little confusing in terms of what's the best thing to do now.

SkylineRKR

Can't help you right now but have you tried it yet? It's really not that hard to solo if you have a respectable light level... the hardest part is
opening the door.

Spoilers I guess?

Wait in front of the door, they'll respawn next to you. I slashed them with sword and sesame.

I was actually browsing solutions on my laptop when I noticed them respawning, lel.

Top Bottom