• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Schryver

I'm curious if we had too many people in the low 290s. My biggest problem
was detonating my bomb and getting back to safety, helped when we started having the aura in the middle, we kept killing my ogre basically at his spawn point. also really hard to kill him when he's last and the relic holder says "got it!" and everyone books. Also when there are random adds (pretty rare) when yr killing ogres, died to acolyte eyes a few times.
Pretty sure we need to consistantly detonate all the bombs and get to safety, the bombs do the real damage
Yep. Making sure the people at the close bombs don't start detonating until the far bombs start. And also making sure his chest stays open while they are detonating because otherwise they don't do anything. may have messed that up sometimes? Then just wrecking the echo with heavy,special, and supers

Too many people are forced to farm rather than play coo.

If they'd of made coo required for getting most end game stuff it'd be full in most patrol zones

Dalek

How does Three of Coins work now exactly after the nerf?

If I pop one at the beginning of a strike while playing a Strike playlist-how many matches would it take for an exotic to drop, give or take?

Namikaze1

Wait. Why was fireteam set to closed? Seriously, why? I don't understand why it does that. I never closed it today. No wonder no one join in for Paradox. Fireteam is open. I need 1 more for an experiment.

Wouldn't it be easier to just sit there and wait? If everyone's doing what you do then no one would ever see anyone.

Tried it, takes just as long, amybe not quite AS LONG, but usually 5-10 min of waiting doing nothing, and then the person that does finally spawn in doesn't do the CoO.

Been at it long enough to know its better to just keep trying your luck spawning in and out of patrol until you hit the right populated zone.

Arrrammis

Too many people are forced to farm rather than play coo.

If they'd of made coo required for getting most end game stuff it'd be full in most patrol zones
I would absolutely love if hadium flakes dropped from CoO. 1-5 flakes per rune would be excellent, give those out to everyone who participates and keep other stuff the same! I would rather spend hours doing CoO for flakes than running around in circles in the breach opening chest, then waiting five minutes for the game to stop thinking in cheating.
Seriously Bungie, WTF? We have to farm, but if we get too many materials too fast (as in like 10 flakes in 15 minutes), we get locked out of chests-no warning, no countdown, they just stop giving out rewards.

Anyone wanna help a brotha out tonight with Tier 3 CoO? Going for the Touch of Malice, currently sitting at 33 fragments. I'll be on around 8pm EST. Send me a PM if interested!

Does the destiny calciform fragments webiste count all across characters or only one character?

I also appear to be missing 2 of the raid ones. 31 and 33. are there CP for these?

Wait. Why was fireteam set to closed? Seriously, why? I don't understand why it does that. I never closed it today. No wonder no one join in for Paradox. Fireteam is open. I need 1 more for an experiment.

Usual plan for CoO playtime is:

-Load up Patrol, go to CoO. Find nobody. Go to Orbit.
-Load up Patrol, go to CoO. Find Somebody! Wooo! Guy is not doing CoO. Go to Orbit.

Takes about 15-20 min until I find a group doing the activity.

Yet I only need to fire up Cosmodrome once and see like 28736283687 people running around the area.

You don't need to go to orbit repeatedly, just leave the court and return back to the starting point of the Dreadnought. This has you leaving one server and entering another one. Repeat that and you should find players.

Replicated from Reddit:

"HIJACKING TOP COMMENT

We did it. Get two people in the mission. One person goes to the portal outside Atheon's room, the other goes to Praedyth's skeleton. Have a third join, then first person scans the skeleton and kills themselves when dialogue starts, then person at portal kills themselves when they enter a darkness zone (happens without needing to move). You wipe and respawn in the secret area."

You don't need to go to orbit repeatedly, just leave the court and return back to the starting point of the Dreadnought. This has you leaving one server and entering another one. Repeat that and you should find players.

Tried that doesn't work. If zero people are there, going back and forth will still equal zero players.

Same applies if there is one person there. Back track out of the zone, and enter the zone again, that same person will be there. The only way to really reset it is to go back to orbit.

Deku Tree

Replicated from Reddit:

"HIJACKING TOP COMMENT

We did it. Get two people in the mission. One person goes to the portal outside Atheon's room, the other goes to Praedyth's skeleton. Have a third join, then first person scans the skeleton and kills themselves when dialogue starts, then person at portal kills themselves when they enter a darkness zone (happens without needing to move). You wipe and respawn in the secret area."

Yeah that's a glitch. Must be a secret mission accessible when Paradox is the daily.

vctor182

Yep. Making sure the people at the close bombs don't start detonating until the far bombs start. And also making sure his chest stays open while they are detonating because otherwise they don't do anything. may have messed that up sometimes? Then just wrecking the echo with heavy,special, and supers

Not to mention those ogres teleporting to the center wtf?! We were able to stagger him the first round everytime but then for some reason the second round we failed like 50% of the time. As for the bombs I'm not sure if you need to stay there until your name shows up or you can just circle around it and the head back to the bubble

FStop7

Banned
Is there a trick to beating Sardon, Fist of Crota that I'm missing?

I quit Destiny last winter and just now returned. I created a brand new character and just started the Dark Below content. I'm absolutely getting torn apart by Sardon. He spawns, slams the ground with that AOE attack, rushes me, and kills me. I've tried killing him with every kind of gun but nothing really slows him down. I've gotten him down to about 20% of his health but then all of the thralls killed me before I could finish him. I keep running out of special/heavy ammo, too.

It makes no sense considering I'm level 16 and this mission is rated level 10. It's not a strike, I should easily be able to solo it.

Replicated from Reddit:

"HIJACKING TOP COMMENT

Hmmm. There must be anotner way that doesnt require something like having a 3rd join.

Menome

Is there a trick to beating Sardon, Fist of Crota that I'm missing?

I quit Destiny last winter and just now returned. I created a brand new character and just started the Dark Below content. I'm absolutely getting torn apart by Sardon. He spawns, slams the ground with that AOE attack, rushes me, and kills me. I've tried killing him with every kind of gun but nothing really slows him down. I've gotten him down to about 20% of his health but then all of the thralls killed me before I could finish him. I keep running out of special/heavy ammo, too.

It makes no sense considering I'm level 16 and this mission is rated level 10. It's not a strike, I should easily be able to solo it.

It's just a rather hard boss thanks to the enclosed arena and jumping-debuff. Are you on PS4? I'm free and can come help you.

I still need the chest, but right now I'm on one of the invisible platforms dancing on the path to the scent chest. Random people are coming through trying for the chest. This one poor bastard is an even worse jumper than me; he's died 8 straight times lol. Just trying to do my part for the community!

Top Bottom