• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Replicated from Reddit:

"HIJACKING TOP COMMENT

We did it. Get two people in the mission. One person goes to the portal outside Atheon's room, the other goes to Praedyth's skeleton. Have a third join, then first person scans the skeleton and kills themselves when dialogue starts, then person at portal kills themselves when they enter a darkness zone (happens without needing to move). You wipe and respawn in the secret area."

I always marvel at how people just randomly stumble into stuff like this.

ocean

Banned
Is there a trick to beating Sardon, Fist of Crota that I'm missing?

I quit Destiny last winter and just now returned. I created a brand new character and just started the Dark Below content. I'm absolutely getting torn apart by Sardon. He spawns, slams the ground with that AOE attack, rushes me, and kills me. I've tried killing him with every kind of gun but nothing really slows him down. I've gotten him down to about 20% of his health but then all of the thralls killed me before I could finish him. I keep running out of special/heavy ammo, too.

It makes no sense considering I'm level 16 and this mission is rated level 10. It's not a strike, I should easily be able to solo it.
Sardon was tough unless you had a team, a Gjallarhorn, or a great shotgun. What's your PSN? I can hop in and give you a hand.

Wow I just learned a megaton tip!!

You can switch to raid/trials boots with more heavy ammo, pop a synth, and switch back to your normal boots and you have all that ammo and only lose the difference if you die and you have more than your normal can hold. Awesome!

Useful for me when I solo stuff.

Kyne

Anyone wanna help a brotha out tonight with Tier 3 CoO? Going for the Touch of Malice, currently sitting at 33 fragments. I'll be on around 8pm EST. Send me a PM if interested!

I'll be on around that time with a friend or two. I have a T3 as well so perhaps we can help each other. Chrnocide is PSN; message me around then.

Is there a trick to beating Sardon, Fist of Crota that I'm missing?

I quit Destiny last winter and just now returned. I created a brand new character and just started the Dark Below content. I'm absolutely getting torn apart by Sardon. He spawns, slams the ground with that AOE attack, rushes me, and kills me. I've tried killing him with every kind of gun but nothing really slows him down. I've gotten him down to about 20% of his health but then all of the thralls killed me before I could finish him. I keep running out of special/heavy ammo, too.

It makes no sense considering I'm level 16 and this mission is rated level 10. It's not a strike, I should easily be able to solo it.

do you even ghorn bro?

jk, take some shots move around , take a couple more shots, move ect. you cant jump or anything so find the spots where you can get to higher ground. hit him hard with launchers ect when hes at a distance. No trick, just shoot and move.

#EDIT why are you level 16 when you have a consumable that will isnta 25 you? Or is that TTK only thing?
FAKE EDIT: why dont you have TTK?

Daemul

insde joke?

bruh-o.gif

Bruh

Schryver

Not to mention those ogres teleporting to the center wtf?! We were able to stagger him the first round everytime but then for some reason the second round we failed like 50% of the time. As for the bombs I'm not sure if you need to stay there until your name shows up or you can just circle around it and the head back to the bubble

You are supposed to stay in bomb till the on-screen message appears but i think it probably glitches sometimes. If you make sure to activate all at the same time it shouldn't be an issue because waiting 4+ secs wont get you killed as easily as when 2 get activated before the other 2 people even reach theirs

LFG is terrible so don't use it.
Yeah...it's full of people looking to join a group. No one is starting a group. And if you try to waste time individually adding people to put a group together, no one wants to join because they'd rather find a near full group. Which doesn't exist. I don't know how long I've been sitting here looking for group for final raid boss.

Think I'm just going to give up on the dream this week and do heroic strikes

Afrocious

>have friends who complain about not being able to reach 290
>introduce them to court of oryx and they have fun
>friends still complain about not being able to reach 290
>they decide to do skolas

why.jpg

Yeah...it's full of people looking to join a group. No one is starting a group. And if you try to waste time individually adding people to put a group together, no one wants to join because they'd rather find a near full group. Which doesn't exist. I don't know how long I've been sitting here looking for group for final raid boss.

Think I'm just going to give up on the dream this week and do heroic strikes

You might want to try a bit later. I'm at work atm. Once I get off, if I can get my Hunter up to 40 and throw some decent gear on her, I may be able to raid with her.

That is, if I don't have to complete the Taken King campaign to raid.

Menome

Looking for two others on PS4 to do today's Daily Heroic. Can't be bothered with inching my way through bit by bit solo tonight. :p

GlamFM

Banned
It´s been a while since a wormsinger rune dropped for me...

Do I need to have one or can I just tag along with someone who has it and get the fragment?

KevinG

Everytime I do the Three of Coins-the only exotic I end up getting is a helmet-never a weapon. :(

Mine is always armor of some sort. I've received the Titan chest piece Crest of Alpha Lupi twice, and I'm a Hunter.

I too, long for an exotic weapon.

I'm trying to hold my Three of coins until I hit 300 light, what is the best way to:

1. Find higher light gear? (RNG drops, Court of Oryx, I know raid, is heroic strikes any good?)

2. When I get 300 light where is the best place to "farm" now after the patch? (Draksis every 5 minutes, heroic strike playlist, etc?)

LiK

Increased reload speed with snipers also does not hurt in the Raid.

yea, the raid sniper reloads slow as shit. I wish I had gauntlets that gave me faster sniper rifle reloading just for the raid.

some people thought I was just standing there not shooting which was quite insulting.

vctor182

You are supposed to stay in bomb till the on-screen message appears but i think it probably glitches sometimes. If you make sure to activate all at the same time it shouldn't be an issue because waiting 4+ secs wont get you killed as easily as when 2 get activated before the other 2 people even reach theirs

I see, the time I waited until my name appeared got me killed even after I reached the bubble, if we're doing this again tonight I'll wait a bit more. Also gunslingers should have Over the Horizon perk as it will increase the Golden Gun shot to Oryx by a lot

GlamFM

Banned
I'm trying to hold my Three of coins until I hit 300 light, what is the best way to:

1. Find higher light gear? (RNG drops, Court of Oryx, I know raid, is heroic strikes any good?)

2. When I get 300 light where is the best place to "farm" now after the patch? (Draksis every 5 minutes, heroic strike playlist, etc?)

There is a questline (possibly from Eris?) That dives you a 310 relic. That helps a lot.

The answer to your question is Raid though.

Raid.

Any buyable Legendary weapons that people think are worth it?

1) Hung Jury, totally worth it. PvE monster weapon.
2) 1000 Yard Stare, PvE monster weapon and pretty good for PvP too.

Both of the above are my top 2 choices, easily. They both have triple tap.

3) Apple of Discord or The Villany Pulses for PvP

4) Vertigo RL for both PvE and PvP
5) Ruin Wake MG for both PvE and PvP

Kaname

Don't know if this is actually the best place to ask but I'm actually looking for a decent and active clan to play with based in Europe.
Preferable play-time would be during the evening and I grealy despise the console based chat so teamspeak/discord/whatever is almost mandatory for me.
Don't need anything incredibly hardcore, just a bunch of people to play with and complete the raid.
I currently have a 292 Hunter and working on my Warlock as well.
If anyone wants to add me my ID is darkmichael92 (damn Sony for not allowing name change) :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
FOUND IT

EDIT:

DONT KILL VEX AT START

Have 1 guy by the skeleton
Have 1 guy by the destoyed postal outside Gatekeeper room
Once the 3rd player join in and message is shown, have skeleton guy scan the skeleton, once the dialogue comes up, both player suicide and you will spawn in the secret area.

All had FWC allegiance

If you have experience, say so, and don't say you need 5 members. Lie and say you need 2. You will get a bunch of responses and the first people to join won't even notice that you didn't have 4 to start. LFG is a terrific, terrific tool, but you need to know how to use it to get the most out of it.

Top Bottom