• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

purg3

slept with Malkin
You know I was thinking the same thing. I'm so glad I picked the solar legendary sword. I was wavering between void and solar and ended up picking the latter. So happy I did because when I got to the step that said you have to get 500 ability kills I was like whoever picked void and is a Titan is utterly fucked.

Lucky for me I picked solar and got it done fairy quickly due to sunbreaker.

It wasn't too bad on the dark beyond, but yeah it probably took 2-3x longer that if I had picked a different element.

ocean

Banned
When you infuse a Sword past 280 on a character which has already completed another Exotic sword quest, the game lets you skip the first steps (25 PvP kills, sword fight etc) and lands you straight at the planetary farming step.

I'm not sure it's an obvious conclusion that skipping steps = locked out of rewards. And in the worst of cases, there's alts. There isn't a single thing in the game you can't replicate with an alt, so I don't think doing this is a particularly high risk.

No cause for such alarm as I'm reading here unless there's a detail I'm missing.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I agree 100%

At the very least, most people have alts, so hopefully it's not a problem.
Time will tell, for now I'll just keep the ghost in my inventory. I do think this is step 1 of a questline as its the "Door" grimmoire which hints of opening up something.

If this proves to be in the middle of a quest line then we might also just have to do the mission and open the chest and the ghost in the inventory will trigger as picked up.

On my alt opening the chest gave me 20 Legendary marks, and completed stage 1 of my Taken War Venus quest, so something is defiantly up.

MrDaravon

but for DO vendor HJ (which I also have) the really nice thing is that you can reach max stability, and then triple tap really returns a noticeably large amount of rounds to the mag, and then on top of all that it has firefly.

This pretty much. I wouldn't use it at all in PvP, but it's very solid for PvE. Also for me personally I really like how it looks and feels which sounds kind of dumb but is important to me. It's not godtier or anything but it's very solid all around, and the fact that you can buy it from a vendor when people are starting to cap on marks without anything to really spend on them makes it a decent pickup.

Starting all the TTK stories with my ALT on ps4, to blast through them quickly. If someone wants to burst through them after you get the new subclass, let me know!

rNilla

When you infuse a Sword past 280 on a character which has already completed another Exotic sword quest, the game lets you skip the first steps (25 PvP kills, sword fight etc) and lands you straight at the planetary farming step.

I'm not sure it's an obvious conclusion that skipping steps = locked out of rewards. And in the worst of cases, there's alts. There isn't a single thing in the game you can't replicate with an alt, so I don't think doing this is a particularly high risk.

No cause for such alarm as I'm reading here unless there's a detail I'm missing.

Regardless of risk, what's the reward? Why exploit the game? If you want to be rational about it then it makes more sense to refrain from this kind of thing than rush to potentially break your game.

What's the fastest way to gear alts?

• Get them to 40
  • Give throw on your highest light ghosts & weapons
  • Decrypt engrams from your main to get something Year 2 in each armor slot
  • Infuse as high as possible
  • Further decrypt
Seem about right?

It's not a daily mission. 99% sure about this, as it triggered stage 1 of my Taken War Venus step. It's something quest related.

Also it got level 38 and 41 settings. Which daily don't.

I did the 'Outbound Signal' mission as a Daily and that's triggered by a Quest too.

So Nolanbot says "Another dead Ghost..." implying that there are more when you pick up Praedyth's ghost. Earlier in the mission, Praedyth talks about Kabr and Pahanim. I'm betting you have to find their ghosts as well.

Its possible when the actual daily comes out, youll find various dead ghosts which will lead you to the final one you pick up?

noomi

• Get them to 40
  • Further decrypt

Seem about right?

Pretty much, once you get to 290, the game will decrypt engrams in the 260-270's.

You will want to equip lower level gear to get engrams to decrypt into higher values.

LTWood12

It's not a daily mission. 99% sure about this, as it triggered stage 1 of my Taken War Venus step. It's something quest related.

Assuming that's the case, why not still wait until we know how to trigger it as intended? I guess it is a bit of the thrill to be on the cusp of something before everyone else.

• Get them to 40
  • Further decrypt

Seem about right?
That's what I did for my Hunter. I also bought some vendor gear to speed the process up since I was capped. So transfer your stuff, get vendor gear if you can since this will bring your light level up before you decrypt your engrams. Also level up your faction if you can.

gdt

• Get them to 40
  • Further decrypt
Seem about right?

I did the 'Outbound Signal' mission as a Daily and that's triggered by a Quest too.

Get legendary score alts. Infuse main class high lvl Blues.

I've still never even entered the Crota raid, let alone worked out how to beat him. There's going to be a fair few people who haven't been raiding constantly since The Dark Below came out and have jumped straight into the Taken King content.

Lets fix thay. Lets do crotas end tonight.

Time will tell, for now I'll just keep the ghost in my inventory. I do think this is step 1 of a questline as its the "Door" grimmoire which hints of opening up something.

If this proves to be in the middle of a quest line then we might also just have to do the mission and open the chest and the ghost in the inventory will trigger as picked up.

On my alt opening the chest gave me 20 Legendary marks, and completed stage 1 of my Taken War Venus quest, so something is defiantly up.

i turned in the ghost on my alt. gave me only 50 FWC rep

Raybunny

What a nice farming day. A small hundred of those flakes.

MOAR FLAKES!

20150928230517.jpg

ocean

Banned

Outbound Signal was also part of a Taken Wars post-campaign quest line and it's been the daily. I think anything permanently on your Director is fair game as a Daily, and can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be.

Regardless of risk, what's the reward? Why exploit the game? If you want to be rational about it then it makes more sense to refrain from this kind of thing than rush to potentially break your game.
Potentially break my game? That's a bit much isn't it? The fail scenario here is a do over.

I did it because I was curious and whenever there's something new to do I try and go do it. Every day I hop on the Daily and try my best to find something new, this kind of thing is fun for me. PvE is stale as heck for me. A mission is only cool the first time you do it. A Strike can be fun maybe 2-3 times. But when there's something like this going on? Oh boy count me in.

I wouldn't try to convince anyone to do it if they think it's a bad idea. I was just suggesting that perhaps refraining from engaging in unfounded alarmism might be in order, given that there's literally never been a single thing you could do in this game that locks you out of any rewards - Bungie takes care of us.

I fully intend on doing this the normal way whenever such a way is discovered on alts. Just wanted to experience the fight as soon as I learned I was able to :)

Jinjo

Haha! All good and awesome! I will post up again tomorrow to confirm everyone, but I am 90% sure Rene, Mutant, and Mess are in. I play with them regularly :)

T E A M F I R S T T R Y a DGAF subsidiary of S H A D O W B O Y Z

What are these false #Team First Try proclamations, good sir?

Let it once and for all be known there is only One OG #TeamFirstTry, that actually bested Crota HM on their first try. These living Guardian gods go by the mortal names of bitofadrizzle, Ocean, CarbonCores, Steroyd, Dhruv_Hanom (aka the One True Swordwielder), and myself JinjoNL.

We demand retributions for the false usage of our sacred Guardian bond without proof to attest this almost impossible achievement.

Edit: topofthepage as the true #T1T so rightly deserves.

The text in Praedyth's door grimiore is interesting....very interesting.

Praedyth opened his eyes.

The receiver sputtered to life. It had taken him the better part of a decade to get his crude comm scanner working. And another few years to get it transmitting. Now, in the brief windows of time when the door to his cell opened, he would call for help. He sighed, a deliberate act that caused him to cough roughly. He had no idea how much longer his body would hold out. But then, that kind of thinking was all relative here, wasn't it?

Praedyth stared at the sprawling mass of metal and wires, listening to the tinny sounds coming from his makeshift speaker. Before he spoke, he always made a point to listen. The words, the concepts that flowed into his mind confused him. Timelines and potentialities that might have already happened, might happen, might never happen.

A pattern was ever dancing in the edge of his vision. At times like this, when the world rushed past him, he had to hold tight to the fact that he was still breathing. He would often focus in on the intake, output, inbreath, outbreath, breath, breath, breath... hours later, he blinked. Refocused. The static had stopped. He had missed a window.

Once, he would have cursed and spat. Now, he just shook his head. A weak movement of the neck.

The Vex had decided their end. The Guardians had interceded. The Vex were fallible.

If the Vex can be wrong... if they can make mistakes... someday he could be free. Someday he might leave the Vault, might see again the Traveler.

Until then he would listen, he would observe. He would be the man on the outside looking in, a viewpoint into the consciousness of Minds that spanned galaxies. He would try to understand the Vex.

Praedyth closed his eyes.

ocean

Banned
Its possible when the actual daily comes out, youll find various dead ghosts which will lead you to the final one you pick up?
This would be nice. All of the TTK ghosts have been found except for 4 (now 3):

Vault of Glass 1
Vault of Glass 2
Vault of Glass 3
Mystery: Praedyth's Door (this mission discovered today rewards you with this one)

I'm practically certain that this quest line will involve discovering the other 3 Dead Ghosts.

Dat Grimoire climb <3

Top Bottom