• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Yeah, it's cool people found out how to glitch into the area, but I'll hold off doing that myself. Don't want to break some questline down the road.

This would be nice. All of the TTK ghosts have been found except for 4 (now 3):

Vault of Glass 1
Vault of Glass 2
Vault of Glass 3
Mystery: Praedyth's Door (this mission discovered today rewards you with this one)

I'm practically certain that this quest line will involve discovering the other 3 Dead Ghosts.

Dat Grimoire climb <3

I hope the quest involves doing VoG from scratch but all enemies are taken.

You know I was thinking the same thing. I'm so glad I picked the solar legendary sword. I was wavering between void and solar and ended up picking the latter. So happy I did because when I got to the step that said you have to get 500 ability kills I was like whoever picked void and is a Titan is utterly fucked.

Lucky for me I picked solar and got it done fairy quickly due to sunbreaker.
Don't defenders have that melee move that keeps barrier up while constantly getting melee kills or something? Wouldn't hay count as ability kills and go by pretty fast in patrol? Haven't really played defender much but remember generating orbs for days with this melee on trash mobs.

rNilla

Potentially break my game? That's a bit much isn't it? The fail scenario here is a do over.

I did it because I was curious and whenever there's something new to do I try and go do it. Every day I hop on the Daily and try my best to find something new, this kind of thing is fun for me. PvE is stale as heck for me. A mission is only cool the first time you do it. A Strike can be fun maybe 2-3 times. But when there's something like this going on? Oh boy count me in.

I wouldn't try to convince anyone to do it if they think it's a bad idea. I was just suggesting that perhaps refraining from engaging in unfounded alarmism might be in order, given that there's literally never been a single thing you could do in this game that locks you out of any rewards - Bungie takes care of us.

I fully intend on doing this the normal way whenever such a way is discovered on alts. Just wanted to experience the fight as soon as I learned I was able to :)

Sorry, potentially break a quest line. We can nitpick semantics I guess but I really don't think advising caution is tantamount to "alarmism." I don't understand how anyone could take issue with the suggestion of "be careful" but to each their own.

I'm certainly not casting judgment on anyone but I do still think it's a bad idea. I understand curiosity and the thrill of discovery angle.

Mrcapcom

Don't defenders have that melee move that keeps barrier up while constantly getting melee kills or something? Wouldn't hay count as ability kills and go by pretty fast in patrol? Haven't really played defender much but remember generating orbs for days with this melee on trash mobs.

Man I had to use 170 Monte Carlo my Melee and the grenade that shoots a void stream. I was farming for Dark Blade Helm (which I never got after god knows how many tries) and I just did it on thrall and whatever else. 2 Days man 2 Days! It was a pain but fun if you doing normal missions etc Now I wait for Armsday...

i don't think theres been a definitive answer as to whether the strike-specific gear drops in heroic only but i'm leaning towards yes at this point

Raybunny

Anyone played with this weapon? Just got one with firefly + luck in the chamber + rifled Barrel.

20150928231533.jpg

ocean

Banned
Anyone played with this weapon? Just got one with firefly + luck in the chamber + rifled Barrel.
That's the same roll as the Vendor right? Haven't bought it because I'm waiting for Bungie to patch the bug.

If Firefly and Luck in the Chamber proc on the same bullet, the game crashes to Dashboard.

What are these false #Team First Try proclamations, good sir?

Let it once and for all be known there is only One OG #TeamFirstTry, that actually bested Crota HM on their first try. These living Guardian gods go by the mortal names of bitofadrizzle, Ocean, CarbonCores, Steroyd, Dhruv_Hanom (aka the One True Swordwielder), and myself JinjoNL.

We demand retributions for the false usage of our sacred Guardian bond without proof to attest this almost impossible achievement.

Edit: topofthepage as the true #T1T so rightly deserves.

Oh snap. I had no idea! A few of us did KF's this Tuesday and did all the bosses on the first try. It was a super fun and quick run. Have a cookie if I offended you sir :)

Jinjo

It's pretty good, but the vendor version with firefly has a bug that crashes your game. Probably happens with that one too. It's good except the range is terrible.

Yeah, proccing firefly with an LiTC round supposedly is too OP for Destiny to handle lol.

LTWood12

Good on Kotaku Jason for figuring out we're maybe all idiots for turning in the gunsmith weapon fragments for rep. Going to start hoarding those bad boys.

Sullichin

Good on Kotaku Jason for figuring out we're maybe all idiots for turning in the gunsmith weapon fragments for rep. Going to start hoarding those bad boys.

Would be really stupid if they gave you the option to do this (and no other option to do anything else with it) if you weren't supposed to do that.

noomi

Im not worried, once they drop once they wont drop again.

Would be shitty if we missed a chance to get the sleeper because of it. I dont think Bungie would do something like this.

rNilla

I've had this same thought as I believe there is also an unfilled progress bar on the icon, though maybe that's just part of its template. If they do stack I would be pretty surprised that someone hasn't at least encountered this yet, though. Unless there's something else needed to "make progress."

Raybunny

It's pretty good, but the vendor version with firefly has a bug that crashes your game. Probably happens with that one too. It's good except the range is terrible.

That's the same roll as the Vendor right? Haven't bought it because I'm waiting for Bungie to patch the bug.

If Firefly and Luck in the Chamber proc on the same bullet, the game crashes to Dashboard.

Its glitched i believe, might crash your game

Ahah so that's the baby that crashes the game with so much wow. Just got it from a package. Regarding the range it got rifled barrel that increases the range quite substantially. It might be ok with it.

Deku Tree

Would be really stupid if they gave you the option to do this (and no other option to do anything else with it) if you weren't supposed to do that.

Yeah it would. Let's give you a text promo every single time you talk to the gunsmith and not say anything but you really should be saving those things for some much later point in time when IDK what happens...

ocean

Banned
Sorry, potentially break a quest line. We can nitpick semantics I guess but I really don't think advising caution is tantamount to "alarmism." I don't understand how anyone could take issue with the suggestion of "be careful" but to each their own.

I'm certainly not casting judgment on anyone but I do still think it's a bad idea. I understand curiosity and the thrill of discovery angle.
Sorry I know you meant well. But the semantic difference between "might break your game" and "might bug a step in a quest in a character" is what I felt veered on the side of alarmism and not a call to caution.

I never glitched into broken geometry to get a Ghost before areas were opened since it didn't feel like I was gonna get anything worthwhile from the complicated platforming.

In this case, I just had to trigger a wipe at the end of a mission and then have a fight with Taken enemies in Atheon's future portal.

Again, a Taken boss in the future portal. That just sounds too cool for me to hold off on doing :p id have done it for the fight alone even if there weren't any chest at the end, I'd this helps you understand my rush.

Can't wait to see what the full quest looks like! Anything in the Vault is top-tier cool factor in my book.

Would be shitty if we missed a chance to get the sleeper because of it. I dont think Bungie would do something like this.

yeah that sounds like bullshit

it literally says to turn them into banshee and his icon glows purple when you're at the tower with one

LTWood12

I've had this same thought as I believe there is also an unfilled progress bar on the icon, though maybe that's just part of its template. If they do stack I would be pretty surprised that someone hasn't at least encountered this yet, though. Unless there's something else needed to "make progress."

http://kotaku.com/the-hunt-for-destinys-most-mysterious-weapon-1733425643

Sullichin

Yeah it would. Let's give you a text promo every single time you talk to the gunsmith and not say anything but you really should be saving those things for some much later point in time when IDK what happens...

Yeah fuck that, I was estatic when the last one dropped because it could nudge me to rank 3 of gunsmith. I actually just assumed their main/only purpose was gunsmith rep until I read up on them

ocean

Banned
Ahah so that's the baby that crashes the game with so much wow. Just got it from a package. Regarding the range it got rifled barrel that increases the range quite substantially. It might be ok with it.
Is it exactly the vendor roll or did your insane RNG luck actually give you a better roll somehow? Inspect, compare and report please bunny.

GlamFM

Banned
OK GUYS!

This Touch of Malice thing? - It´s fucking happening!

Final Step.

Fears Embrace.

I´ve seen in the last couple of days that this mission is a pain in the ass and I should probably not tackle it all alone, sooo...

who´s with me?

LTWood12

Those fragments seem to drop totally randomly, so I wouldn't think any of us will have run out of them or anything. I've probably turned in 6 or 7 at this point.

Jinjo

Oh snap. I had no idea! A few of us did KF's this Tuesday and did all the bosses on the first try. It was a super fun and quick run. Have a cookie if I offended you sir :)

Haha, no worries, I meant it all in good fun. ;)

Most of us in that team actually attempted Crota on Hard Mode for their actual first try that time. A true #FirstTry only counts when you've never done the raid before on that difficulty. :p

It does feel good to finish up everything on your first try. This saturday I finished up Oryx first-try-after-a-good-nights-sleep lol. It's an amazing feeling when everything just clicks with everyone in a team.

rNilla

Sorry I know you meant well. But the semantic difference between "might break your game" and "might bug a step in a quest in a character" is what I felt veered on the side of alarmism and not a call to caution.

A broken quest line is a break in your game, no? ;P

The only thing I take issue with here is trying to silence my perspective as unjustified alarmism when all I'm saying is "hey, maybe it's not a good idea to do this thing in this clearly broken way." I think we understand each other at this point, though.

Gammacide

Man, ToM is amaaaaazing for
Oryx
and presumably
daughters
and anything else with an invincibility bubble. Crazy damage non stop. Love it.

GlamFM

Banned
Repost for new page.

I´m really excited...

OK GUYS!

This Touch of Malice thing? - It´s fucking happening!

Final Step.

Fears Embrace.

I´ve seen in the last couple of days that this mission is a pain in the ass and I should probably not tackle it all alone, sooo...

who´s with me?

Top Bottom