• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Guys Guys, I got two Pulse rifles from The Taken King himself without the use of moldering shards. They have different attack values, but the same rollable perk (glass half full). Anyone else experienced this? It was my first clear.

Yup, you can get 2 primary drops from final boss without having 20+ moldering shards.

Raids for the first few days are the only things we've ever spoiler tagged.

If we have to start spoiler tagging every quest and Exotic weapon hunt ideas/developments as well, this should at least be clarified. It wasn't immediately obvious that we were shooting for a death metal thread where everything is black. Imagine this thread the other day when Black Spindle was found.

But fuck people who come here to talk about the game right?

Ocean confirmed to use Light Theme GAF. Eww.

Shito

I've had this same thought as I believe there is also an unfilled progress bar on the icon, though maybe that's just part of its template. If they do stack I would be pretty surprised that someone hasn't at least encountered this yet, though. Unless there's something else needed to "make progress."
They don't stack.
Got three of them popping while farming Draksis.
I got two separate ones in my inventory, and I couldn't pick up the last one on the floor, it told me my inventory was full, when it wasn't.
You can't carry more than two at the same time.

Giving them to the weaponsmith is clearly the intended way to deal with them. ^^

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That's the same roll as the Vendor right? Haven't bought it because I'm waiting for Bungie to patch the bug.

If Firefly and Luck in the Chamber proc on the same bullet, the game crashes to Dashboard.
Destiny can't handle all that awesome in one bullet

Game's being super stingy with Exotic Engrams today. Last one must've dropped at least seven Ultra's/3oC's ago.

Still have 8 left, luckily.

In the Malice version?

My 302 Light Titan couldn't handle the Malice version alone. Had to get Poker in to help me out.

Best strategy is just staying at the entrance. You can DPS the Echo from there and kill any adds that come close. Wizard spawns super-close to your position, too, it showed up before we were even ready.

SkylineRKR

Holy shit I was beasting with Jade Rabbit in Rift. I... I love this gun. Shoots like Gheleon's Demise I think. Zen Moment is good, the body to headshot perk also. Too bad Fate of all Fools seems to be done for, sounded like a more beastly thing, though there is one in the wild, heh.

Also got Treads upon Stars, rolled with Crowd Control, armor piercing, fallen captain buff and something else.

And Does Not Bow, I think this is just Wolfslayers Claw. But I was actually chasing the Taniks Cloak.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, no, you're absolutely right man. Thanks for not thinking of others whilst glitching into a new area and not putting shit in spoiler tags.

You're awesome buddy, keep up the good work.

I guess Ruthless is a dumbass for putting that new Grimoire Card in spoiler tags, damn it Ruthless! Don't you know thats not how we do things around here! Fuck people!
Uhhh Ruthless is definitely not a dumbass, he's a cool guy and a cool member of this community. He also posted pictures of every single step of the process, encounter and reward in the inventory, while Ray on his team posted a video of the entire thing so I'm not sure what your point is.

You seem rather upset so I'll let this go but nobody spoiler tagged anything related to the quest because there's never been any insinuation whatsoever that we are expected to for these things. Acting offended because people broke some rule you made up is a strange thing to do.

But whatever dude, stay angry.

Namikaze1

Regarding the Sleeper Stimulant, can you even get another of those items to drop with one in the inventory? Also, it seems some folks aren't reading the text when handing them in to Banshee. It changes and after bringing in 4, Banshee implies about possibly making a weapon.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Guys please. Fears Embrace.

It says VERY HARD and is ALL RED.

To scared to go there all alone...
Yup, 2x 290s at a minimum for that mission. It's not that it's impossible, but there are a ton of adds and having an extra gun helps with not only distracting them but also wailing on the Wizard quickly enough as to not get utterly destroyed.

Regarding the Sleeper Stimulant, can you even get another of those items to drop with one in the inventory? Also, it seems some folks aren't reading they text when handing them in to Banshee. It changes and after bringing in 4, Banshee implies about possibly making a weapon.
Supposed, with some other checkpoint cleared (Gunsmith Rank 5 or some such), giving him a certain number of those items will trigger a quest to begin. Handing those items to him is only one part of getting that quest underway, and Armsday next week will probably be the earliest people will be able to get to Rank 5.

ocean

Banned
Ocean confirmed to use Light Theme GAF. Eww.
Full black background = Geocities internet sites circa '99 :p
Destiny can't handle all that awesome in one bullet
Lol that's the first thing I thought too. Dying for it to be fixed so I can buy this! My hopes of Hand Cannon viability lie with this and Ace of Spades, which I'll get as soon as Gunsmith has more bounties.

The hand cannon dream lives...

Shito

Regarding the Sleeper Stimulant, can you even get another of those items to drop with one in the inventory? Also, it seems some folks aren't reading the text when handing them in to Banshee. It changes and after bringing in 4, Banshee implies about possibly making a weapon.
Nami-sempai doesn't notice my posts! :D

You can get others of these items to drop when having some in your inventory already.
You can't carry more than 2 at the same time, though, but others can drop. Which you can't pick up.

Yeah, no, you're absolutely right man. Thanks for not thinking of others whilst glitching into a new area and not putting shit in spoiler tags.

You're awesome buddy, keep up the good work.

I guess Ruthless is a dumbass for putting that new Grimoire Card in spoiler tags, damn it Ruthless! Don't you know thats not how we do things around here! Fuck people!
chill out damn

People hardly spoiler tag anything unless it has to do with the raid.

Destiny=serious business

Shiv47

Is this different from the Immobius shotgun you get for breaking down the two legendary shotguns? That's what I remember it leading to.

I don't recall folks spoiler tagging all the TTK ghosts found before TTK release...

Yep never was, only thing I considered worthwhile spoilering was my infodumps from datamining as they occurred before Tk launched and contained raid spoilers. But no one spoilered Black Spindle when it was found and this is the exact same thing.

MrDaravon

Once you turn them in they never drop again, so I would assume that even if you kept them in your inventory it wouldn't drop a duplicate.

Bogeypop

Thanks goes to Biggy and the mysterious Gallo for their help with Shield Brothers Strike - Chaperone Edition! Even got this as a consolation prize!

JphWVKB.jpg

Namikaze1

You can get other of these items drop when having some in your inventory already.
You can't carry more than 2 at the same time, though, but others can drop. Which you can't pick up.
Sorry, I didn't see the post. :p

I tended to hand in mine immediately so I wouldn't know. Anyway, it seems you still have to hand them in.

I know I got 4 on my Titan, 3-4 on my Warlock (can't remember), and 3 on my Hunter.

Midas

You can get others of these items to drop when having some in your inventory already.

Is there a way to see if you got them all or not? Can't remember if I got all four or not.

Shito

Sorry, I didn't see the post. :p

I tended to hand in mine immediately so I wouldn't know. Anyway, it seems you still have to hand them in.

I know I got 4 on my Titan, 3-4 on my Warlock (can't remember), and 3 on my Hunter.
Yeah, the Black Spindle thing got us all paranoiac and all.
You clearly have to give them to the gunsmith. Now whether or not it's the start of a future quest is an all other matter...

Is there a way to see if you got them all or not? Can't remember if I got all four or not.
Don't think you can.
I think I remember seeing 5 drop for me, one of them I couldn't pick up because I already had 2 in my inventory.
Up until the "cap" they seem rather common, so if you haven't seen one in a long time I think it's safe to assume you got all 4 already...

Top Bottom