• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I honestly will be salty as fuck if they do.

"I spent altogether nearly 10 hours hunting for fucking materials on 3 destinations! That doesn't even include the hours spent killing folks with a freaking hilt! And you decide to make it easier now?!"

Prepare for salt. I fully expect them to make all of the more annoying exotic quests easier in the future.

besides the raid, how are people getting ghosts above 280? i see a lot of people with blues in the 290s. i don't think i've gotten a drop above 260.

So I have to share this, because I don't think it'll ever happen again, but holy shit. I've never shook my head as much as I did then.

So we were on the
Deathsingers
fight in the raid and when this guy from LFG
got to be the Runner for the 2nd Sister
he JUMPED OFF THE FUCKING SIDE. We asked him why the fuck he did that and all he said was that we can 5man the rest.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Like, I understand if you do that before the fight begins but not during the fucking fight. GROW SOME BALLS. JESUS. Needless to say we booted him and went on to victory.

this sounds like he was trying to troll but failed miserably

Namikaze1

That, and the Crucible weekly quest line. I fully expect both.
They definitely need to do something about the Crucible. I saw the steps you need to do to complete it. Not doing that one. Nope.

No regrets to those that haven't started it yet.
Old Man Nami: All you young whippersnappers have it easy nowadays. Back in my day, we had to farm for hours for ten rare materials. We had to kill 25 guardians with our swords. You know what we did when had no heavy ammo? We used that freaking hilt and smacked folks around!

Shito

People are seriously expecting Bungie to nerf quests?
They never did for Thorn, don't know why they would start now.
If anything, we should be talking about how they could make some other quests *harder*... ^^

FStop7

Banned
Is that the very first TDB mission in the refinery?

Run through the first section where Omnigul spawns and in to the building, kill the first swordbearer, pick up the sword and then sprint through that section of the refinery and down into the cave ignoring and dodging everything else until you trigger Sardon.

You should still have enough time left on the sword to R1/R2 him to death with the sword before it despawns.

Yes, that's the mission. Bungie updated it so the sword automatically despawns when you enter the tunnel leading to Sardon's chamber, even if there's time left.

besides the raid, how are people getting ghosts above 280? i see a lot of people with blues in the 290s. i don't think i've gotten a drop above 260.

It took me a while for one to drop for me. Got lucky yesterday from a ghost drop from CoO, it was 293 which put me at 305 Light.

ich00

Still looking

Need 2 more....

Is anyone up for helping me get my first
Oryx
kill tonight around 9:45-10:00 EST? I have the CP, the group I was in the other night couldn't get the DPS right to stagger him. I may have one friend joining, so I’d need 4 to help. Any and all help would be appreciated.

1. Ichabod00 (me)
2. My friend
3. g3ud0
4. v1br4t1ons

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They definitely need to do something about the Crucible. I saw the steps you need to do to complete it. Not doing that one. Nope.

Old Man Nami: All you young whippersnappers have it easy nowadays. Back in my day, we had to farm for hours for ten rare materials. We had to kill 25 guardians with our swords. You know what we did when had no heavy ammo? We used that freaking hilt and smacked folks around!

Back in my day, legendary engrams turned into rares.

People are seriously expecting Bungie to nerf quests?
They never did for Thorn, don't know why they would start now.
If anything, we should be talking about how they could make some other quests *harder*... ^^

Thorn was easy compared to some of these quests and the only quest as grindy as some of these was Bad Juju.

maybe it''s because i'm an xboner who never got to experience the OP hawkmoon, but this gun feels pretty great to me in pvp in it's current state.

871.gif

Seriously dude? Maybe you should just stay off the internet completely. I'm serious. If it bothers you that much....

HKhkS.gif

skip

Any Sunsingers have advice for getting Radiance kills in Crucible? I'm absolutely miserable at it, I can't figure out when the best time to pop it is, not sure which grenade is best (I frequently miss with sticky, guys run away from the Solars).

This "get 30 Radiance multikills" quest step is killing me.

SkylineRKR

The pocket infinity things certainly have a cap. I found 4, and then never again. I remember getting one from Draksis, another during Black Garden strike. And 2 others.

maybe it''s because i'm an xboner who never got to experience the OP hawkmoon, but this gun feels pretty great to me in pvp in it's current state.

Its okay still. But I vaulted it, too many guns outshine it imo.

Shito

The raid maching gun has turned into that gun that just clicks for you.

I don't know why, but I love it.
Hearing lots of good things about it.
That's the only raid weapon I want for other reasons than it being 300+ light...

Also, machine guns seem really more important than rocket launchers now in TTK...

Any Sunsingers have advice for getting Radiance kills in Crucible? I'm absolutely miserable at it, I can't figure out when the best time to pop it is, not sure which grenade is best (I frequently miss with sticky, guys run away from the Solars).

I'm not 100% sure what's going to count as a radiance kill, but melee and guns might also count. Either way, you should try out firebolts.

Which grenade type are you using? I always used fusion since I love sticking them to people. Try using radiance soon after death, when the person who killed you has either moved on or when their attention is somewhere else, then try and get them by surprise, whether with grenades or the 1-hit melee. Timing has a lot to do with it, along with your surroundings.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I really wanna get a quick Oryx kill on my hunter before reset. I'm sitting at the checkpoint. Send ME a message on PSN if you want in and we'll go asap.

PSN: ultrajari.

inthrall

I'm not 100% sure what's going to count as a radiance kill, but melee and guns might also count. Either way, you should try out firebolts.

I hanve't done the step, but I think any kills under radiance count, so get the reduced damage perk and go ham with a good weapon

Top Bottom