• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Since you guys have cleared the horrible shaxx quest, need to ask: what are your go-to weapons for auto rifle kills? I hammered those out using suros regime, but no matter which perk I take, it's time to kill is pathetic.

I had a really good Dealbreaker that I used.

Had Crowd Control and that perk that increased reload speed on kill along with Smallbore. The impact was already high to begin with but Crowd Control made getting double kills and streaks really easy.

ARs typically demand that you pre-nade enemies and flank relentlessly (same with Handcannons too). You're not going to win many shootouts against a pulse rifle straight up, and you can't afford to let shotgunbro run at you in a straight line. Make sure you have a way to break line of sight with whoever you''re chasing or being chased by and make them miss their first shot. ARs aren't bad weapons, they just demand a bit of creativity on the part of the user.

Except bullethose ARs.Those suck at everything.

Namikaze1

Its cool. You escaped without the enemy team beating you to the ground and making you lick their raid boots.
I only played Rift twice since TTK released. Didn't realized till now I have a quest for it.

aw, didn't think losing anything was possible with how they handle the stuff on their servers. that sucks. when ToO is back, let's get another one together!
B-b-but it won't feel the same! That void one was my first! It was special to me.

Plus it changed my view of Pulse Rifles.

Need 2 more....

Is anyone up for helping me get my first
Oryx
kill tonight around 9:45-10:00 EST? I have the CP, the group I was in the other night couldn't get the DPS right to stagger him. I may have one friend joining, so I’d need 4 to help. Any and all help would be appreciated.

1. Ichabod00 (me)
2. My friend
3. g3ud0
4. v1br4t1ons

I can help but I have zero exp with
Oryx
. Only got up to the boss fight before that and the team I did it with wont have time to finish up before reset. If thats cool Im game.

Psn: kreepmode

maomaoIYP

I had a really good Dealbreaker that I used.

Had Crowd Control and that perk that increased reload speed on kill along with Smallbore. The impact was already high to begin with but Crowd Control made getting double kills and streaks really easy.

ARs typically demand that pre-nade enemies and flank relentlessly (same with Handcannons too). You're not going to win many shootouts with a pulse rifle straight up, and you can't afford to let shotgunbro run at you in a straight line. Make sure you have a way to break line of sight with whoever you''re chasing or being chased by and make them miss their first shot. ARs aren't bad weapons, they just demand a bit of creativity on the part of the user.

Except bullethose ARs.Those suck at everything.
Thanks, those are good tips. I have a very similar Dealbreaker, with feeding frenzy and smallbore. Gonna try it again for the upcoming week's bounties. I was getting nothing but assists in multiple games with zhalo, and even with increased damage perk, suros can't win a pulse like you said. I had a much better time with HCs though, Ace of Spades was super reliable.

noomi

Done!

All exotic swords will be mine come armsday.

A great weight is lifted knowing I am done with that farming.

BraXzy

"not even oryx can control an ogre.... unless it's taken."

what?

I've done that mission maybe 5 times and every time that line irritates the shit out of me.

It makes no sense.

He can't control it.. unless it is under his control because he can take things. Wha?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You know how you landed on a bad team? When they try to hit each other with swords because they can't tell enemies apart from teammates.

I've done that mission maybe 5 times and every time that line irritates the shit out of me.

It makes no sense.

He can't control it.. unless it is under his control because he can take things. Wha?

I guess Eris is inferring that he can control regular Hive, but not Ogres?

<_>

BLCKATK

Any groups need one more for Oryx? Would love to get him down for the first time. I know the fight just haven't cleared it yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Current progress: 222 light!

Didn't get to play as much as I hoped today but managed to finish the main TTK story and unlocked a bunch of additional quests and strikes :D

Question: When I reach 240 light, can I solo the Daily Heroic Story or should I find other people in here? Same goes to Heroic Strikes, are they doable with randoms or not?

CQBw0Q9UkAAGwTu.jpg:large
It's always better in a group :)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You know how you landed on a bad team? When they try to hit each other with swords because they can't tell enemies apart from teammates.

wait til you see your blueberries camping heavy when its still 50+ seconds out

vctor182

I don't get it. Someone help me get it.

From what I gather, Oryx can't control Ogres. But if he Takes an Ogre, making it Taken, then he can control it?

He also can't control cabal, fallen or vex unless they're taken only the Hive follow him around. That line is written bad its too short for what she is trying to explain.

Since you guys have cleared the horrible shaxx quest, need to ask: what are your go-to weapons for auto rifle kills? I hammered those out using suros regime, but no matter which perk I take, it's time to kill is pathetic.

idk man I primarily used Suros. I have Zhalo, but I prefer Suros w/ rapid fire.

Top Bottom