• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

You can buy touch of malice from the kiosk again so what's the point of doing that quest over again on alts?

There isn't a point. Unless at 50 fragments you get another reward there is currently no reason to do all that over again unless you desperately need 310 primary infusion fodder.

Namikaze1

I take back what I said about Ruin Wings yesterday. They back to giving me jackshit. So much heavy dropped yesterday. Saw only one drop during the Paradox thing today.

He also can't control cabal, fallen or vex unless they're taken only the Hive follow him around. That line is written bad its too short for what she is trying to explain.

How can he take vex, anyways? Does the tiny bit of them that is organic allow for it, despite them otherwise being bots?

Anyone at
Oryx
looking for more? I'm a 298 Warlock looking to finally get the kill. All I need. PSN is Hoffelcopter. I'll be home in 15 minutes.

How can he take vex, anyways? Does the tiny bit of them that is organic allow for it, despite them otherwise being bots?

Yeah I would assume that and maybe that the Vex
allowed them to be taken
, considering all the stuff we learnt about
Quria
and it's
fascination with the Hive/Oryx and Sword Logic.
a

Namikaze1

l4sXwPf.jpg

General Information

Many long years before the time of the Golden Age, in a world far, far away, three sisters dove deep into the core of the gas giant Fundament. Their descent into the core would mark the beginning of the end for many species.

After being betrayed by their teacher, the sterile mother Taox, the sisters, Xi Ro, Sathona, and Aurash, set out to avenge their father who was killed at the hands of Taox and the Helium Drinkers. They spent a year on a ship out in the Fundament Ocean. It was sometime during their sea travels that the sisters came upon an ancient ship they called the Needle. Two sisters wanted to do something different with the ship. Xi Ro wanted to sell the ship to hire a mercenary army to reclaim their lost Osmium Court. Aurash wanted to command the ship. Santhona sided with Aurash after being goaded by the worm her father had kept after it had washed up on the Osmium Court's shores.

Two years was spent reactivating the ship. After two years, Aurash set out to do with the ship what it was build for: dive to the Fundament's core. As they got closer to the core, the sister came across a creature that warned them about the dangers that lies ahead. It attempted to dissuade them from going any further but the sisters paid no heed to its words. The Leviathan could do nothing as they kept pushing forth.

The worm Santhona kept spoke to her, telling her to keep going on their path to the core. The sisters followed its advice. As they dove further deep, they came across the Worms. These creatures drew power from the Traveler's enemy, The Darkness. They offered the sisters immortality in exchange for them to be the hosts to their larvae and that they must never cease to obey their natures lest they want the Worms to consume them.

The sisters agree to the conditions. Xi Ro, in her desire to test her strength, took the knight form. She was henceforth known as Xi Arath. Santhona took the mother morph and took the name Savathun. Aurash changed her gender and took the king morph. Auryx, King of the Hive, was born. The siblings returned back to the surface and spread the worms amongst their people, creating the Hive. They reclaimed Osmium Court with their newfound strengths, driving Taox and other species away.

After years of feeding their Worms with Light, the Hive came upon a great enemy: the Ecumene. Auryx learned of a way to gain the power necessary to beat their foe. But to do so, he would first need to kill his sisters. The sisters agreed to lend him their strength through death. Auryx gained his sisters' strength and set out to meet Akka, the Worm of Secrets. He slew the Worm and obtained the secret it held from him. From Akka, Auryx obtained the power to take life and make it his own.

The Auryx of old had died and in his place Oryx, the Taken King, was born. With his new power, Oryx created the army known as the Taken.

Enemy Types

The Taken army consists of Vex, Fallen, Hive, and Cabal that have been subjugated to Oryx's power. The Taken can be distinguished from their former selves by the supernatural blue flame that has consumed their bodies. They gained new abilities that further sets them apart from their regular counterparts.

Taken Acolytes can summon an orb that fires bolts of energy.

Taken Goblins can cast a shield around other Taken. This grants the shielded Taken invulnerability as long as they are shielded.

Taken Thralls teleport to their targets as opposed to regular thralls that runs towards their targets.

Taken Wizards shield themselves with Void energy unlike regular Wizards. They summon Shadow Thralls to battle for them. These Shadow Thralls behave like regular thralls.

Taken Psions can duplicate themselves, overwhelming the enemy with this tactic.

Taken Vandals can deploy energy shields similar to the Titan Defender's Ward of Dawn.

Taken Minotaurs are no longer shielded by Void energy like their regular counterparts. Instead, they can cloak themselves. They'll reveal themselves under heavy fire or performing a melee attack.

Take Captains can blind Guardians with a plume of Darkness they throw at them. Unlike their regular counterparts, they are shielded by Solar energy.

Taken Phalanx can use their shields to send guardians flying back with concussive blasts of energy.

Taken Knights can no longer create Walls of Darkness like their regular counterparts. Their fire projectiles will cause a pool of fire to form upon impact with the terrain.

Taken Centurians can fire a ball of energy that behaves similar to the Warlock's Axion Bolt.

Taken Hobgoblins are surrounded by 3 orbs that upon being hit will attack their attacker. Given enough time, these orbs will respawn.

Taken Champions

Throughout the Dreadnaught patrol and the Taken King story, Guardians will come across Oryx's Taken Champions. These are far stronger than regular Taken. The following are but a few of Oryx's champions.

Primus Ta'aun was the leader of the Skyburners. Ordered to board the Dreadnaught by any means necessary by the Emperor, this Primus was captured by Oryx's forces in the midst of a skirmish. Ta'aun met his demise at the hands of the Guardians when they went to put an end to Oryx's reign.

Baxx the Gravekeeper was a Hive Ogre tasked with protecting the crystal that once held Crota's soul. It was taken by Oryx moments before it could be defeated by the Guardians seeking to get a part of the crystal. It and the Guardians would crossed paths again as they sought to defeat Oryx once and for all.

Bracus Horu'usk is a Court of Oryx Tiers 1 and 2 boss. To damage him, one must clear the field of all enemies first.

Mengoor and Cra'adug are Knights, with one being the taken version. Both are surrounded by an impenetrable shield that will only go down once both are close together. They can show up in both tier 1 and 2 Court of oryx challenges

Kagoor is a Taken Wizard who teleports away each time she is damaged. She can show up in both tier 1 and 2 Court of Oryx Challenges.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep my promises dammit! Here's the taken one. Enjoy. I'll add more stuff later on. Make changes and whatnot.

If you want some stuff on the other races, click on the pics below. Sorry mobile users but it doesn't work for you guys.

For anyone who missed it earlier. I put a ton of work into this.

Lol. I didn't. I just did some research.

Siaynoqq

Started my first oryx run and stopped at gorgoroth. Anyone want to pick up from there tonight? Some of the people I was playing with (all gaf) might want to keep going. Send me a friend request on psn: Siaynoqq. I'm thinking around 8-9pm PST.

vctor182

I still need to finish the raid, I have the final checkpoint anyone wants to join? I will login in about 90 minutes.

1 - Vctor182
2 - StoneHeart
3 - Azys_
4 -
5 -
6 -

Please?? I don't wanna go to LFG ._.

VLEXP

I still need to finish the raid, I have the final checkpoint anyone wants to join? I will login in about 90 minutes.

1 - Vctor182
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

I'm a lvl 40 warlock 278 light. I'm down if you want psn vlexp

1 - Vctor182
2 - StoneHeart
3 - Hoffelcopter
4 -
5 -
6 -

I'll do it if I don't find a group by then. PSN is Hoffelcopter. I'll send you FR.

298 Warlock.

lt519

Need 3 King's Fall starting at the big dumb animal
Golgoroth
:

Don't need to be experienced but at least willing to work with the team.

1. rarbusto
2. friend 1
3. friend 2

We'll be starting in about 15 minutes

Top Bottom