• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I got a 15 kill streak with it and a sniper today in skirmish. T'was glorious. The perfect combo. Sniper for ultra long range. TLW for up close and intimate with your prey. Then you call down the storm for the oh shit factor.

SukJ7H.gif

PvP has been a mess for me this week as I finish off the Gunslinger emblem. Like, a real shit-show. I used to spend so much time in Crucible, but I can't stand the current meta. Shotguns being just as good as they ever were without being able to use TLW to counter them is so frustrating.

Is anyone here really enjoying the current state of Crucible? Am I just dour and everyone else is having a blast?

I am. I haven't been playing a ton but I have gotten pretty far into the Crucible quest line.

Personally I've been running around as a Stormcaller. Susanoo is my baby. And I've only really been rocking the sword. Tlaloc and a blue Suros Scout Rifle have been my two main primaries.

ARs - The range drop off sucks. I haven't used too many ARs because of this.
PRs - Still kick ass.
HCs - Seem mostly fine. And I even did TLW quest with very little problem. I only really found my flow with them 1 month before TTK came out.
SRs - Seem great now. Been mostly using them lately.

FRs - In love with Susanoo. Really happy with FRs right now.
SGs - Still bullshit. Less blink becasue people are playing new classes is great right now, but it will come back. :-/
SRs - I only started playing with snipers about 2 months ago. They are still great, when the maps cooperate.
Sidearms - LOL.

HMGs - Seem fine.
RLs - Still good.
Swords - FUCKING AWESOME. Play smart. Use 3rd person to your advantage, use blocking.

Stormtrance - Goddamn awesome. As if Warlocks didn't already have great PvP presence.
Thrunderstrike - Possibly the best melee in the game. Fucking love it.
Storm Grenade - Pretty good, in fact it's a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

What exactly are people unhappy with?

PvP has been a mess for me this week as I finish off the Gunslinger emblem. Like, a real shit-show. I used to spend so much time in Crucible, but I can't stand the current meta. Shotguns being just as good as they ever were without being able to use TLW to counter them is so frustrating.

Is anyone here really enjoying the current state of Crucible? Am I just dour and everyone else is having a blast?

No. I feel like it's the worst time I've had playing any kind of game in a long time.

Somehow, pvp is actually worse than it was before, at least imo. And I didnt think it could be worse than what it was.

About to hop in at the second to last boss of the raid
Daughters of Oryx
and need a few more people if anyone's interested

PSN: joshcbrugby

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think I'm a curse on whatever fireteam I join for Oryx. Have spent a total of over 9 hours attempting him since Saturday with tons of different people, can get him down to the last sliver of health, but then we all die.

maomaoIYP

I'm having a blast in crucible. I'm a pulse rifle user, so that might explain things. I still haven't found a year 2 pulse that I'm satisfied with though. I'm not a fan of the massively reduced number of players in crucible for now.

I like the TLW fix, because the weapon was glitched previously and there is a much larger variety in loadouts now. It's still viable though if you ask me.

On shotguns, I think folks are overlooking the fast charging fusion rifles, they tend to have impressive stabilities for some reason, and should be able to cover the range that is slightly out of max range shotguns.

On hand cannons, the range nerf was most needed, and it sets a clear distinction between HCs and SRs. I was testing Ace of Spades last night, increased stability consistently gave me more kills compared to increased range. Now instead of aiming for headshots I aim at the chest area and fire off as many shots as I can.

I think players are also overlooking perk selections on armor for crucible. Increased ammo capacity for secondaries on chest and legs stack, and will let you spawn with additional ammo in addition to picking up more ammo from crates. This will make a world of difference in trials. However increased RL ammo in legs still only seem to give 2 rockets for the vanity. This perk doesn't come for chest pieces, so I'm not sure what will be good for trials besides a perfect roll ash factory.

I think I'm a curse on whatever fireteam I join for Oryx. Have spent a total of over 9 hours attempting him since Saturday with tons of different people, can get him down to the last sliver of health, but then we all die.

By last sliver, do you mean when
he goes back to the front one last time and open his chest?

Mupod

man the titan I made yesterday is dangerously close to overtaking my warlock in terms of gear. My lock still has had absolutely no luck with legendary helms, boots, or bonds. Well, I'll have two raid clears and two shard-boosted Oryx kills to see if they even out. Wonder if I'm crazy enough to get a Hunter up this weekend...probably not.

Top Bottom