• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

btkadams

I've only beaten the last 2 sections of the raid and want drops from the first half. If anyone is starting the raid, please invite me! I'm 296 light.

Victrix

*beard*
How so? I feel like it's a pretty bad weapon for dealing with normal combat situations personally :/

Mine sits in the vault until I pull it out for raid cheese.

I did go on a ridiculous tear in crucible with it the other day, but that I didn't do anything with it I couldn't have done with my normal well rolled scouts.

Ryck

shout out to everyone who was just in my (ultrajari's) party killing Oryx, y'all done pretty good. We shepherded two newbies who performed very well, gg Ryck and Danny.
Thanks ^_^ and also thanks for giving us a chance, usually you say you've never done something and people ask you to leave so thanks again!

Got the Pulse at 309 so I am pretty stoked right now.

Man I wish bungie would implement a solo test arena or something where they would put in some of the raid mechanics so people can practice. I suck terribly at platform jumping on the raid bosses, I'd love a way to practice somewhere in the same conditions (screen changes etc) especially since I'm not that used to hunter jumping when compared to titan/warlock.

Trakan

PvP has been a mess for me this week as I finish off the Gunslinger emblem. Like, a real shit-show. I used to spend so much time in Crucible, but I can't stand the current meta. Shotguns being just as good as they ever were without being able to use TLW to counter them is so frustrating.

Is anyone here really enjoying the current state of Crucible? Am I just dour and everyone else is having a blast?

I love everything about the current state of PVP aside from shotguns and people still hanging on to blink.

Mindlog

Just finished. Nice work team. Thanks for being patient while I worked out the jumps.
(raid mechanic)
I've now run the Relic with every class.

1. Warlock - Really easy to maintain a nearly flat trajectory. Feels like you are flying from platform to platform. Going full speed never feels unsafe.
2. Titan - Just be careful when skating is second nature. You can get going too fast which makes cornering problematic. Much safer to jump from platform to platform with a higher arc than the Warlock.
3. Hunter - OH GOD. OH GOD. Don't screw this up! OH GOD. It looks like I can make this jump. Can I? Should I triple jump? If I triple jump I'll overshoot and if I don't triple I'll be short. Holy hell I made it! Eight more to go...

Touch of Malice is so nice.
Man I wish bungie would implement a solo test arena or something where they would put in some of the raid mechanics so people can practice. I suck terribly at platform jumping on the raid bosses, I'd love a way to practice somewhere in the same conditions (screen changes etc) especially since I'm not that used to hunter jumping when compared to titan/warlock.
Exactly what I just did. Trial by fire. Would have been nice to come in a little more prepared.
So my raid team decided to go for the two run
Daughters
kill because we had 6 Touch of Malice.

My warlock jump skills left us with very little time to kill a full health witch.
Check it out.

https://youtu.be/JbZw5FZOKic
lol
That looks so ridiculous and fantastic.

rc213

Thanks ^_^ and also thanks for giving us a chance, usually you say you've never done something and people ask you to leave so thanks again!

Got the Pulse at 309 so I am pretty stoked right now.

That's Gaf. I did the Raid in two parts, totaling around 8hrs. Everyone was so awesome explaining the mechanics very clearly. Can't wait for reset to get my Titan in for his second run then I'll start working down story on my Hunter/Warlock.

Gaf is full of awesome people willing to help with anything and everything.

zewone

PvP has been a mess for me this week as I finish off the Gunslinger emblem. Like, a real shit-show. I used to spend so much time in Crucible, but I can't stand the current meta. Shotguns being just as good as they ever were without being able to use TLW to counter them is so frustrating.

Is anyone here really enjoying the current state of Crucible? Am I just dour and everyone else is having a blast?
It's garbage now. I used to enjoy PvP so much and spent 90% of my Destiny time there. I have almost no desire to play it now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just finished. Nice work team. Thanks for being patient while I worked out the jumps.
(raid mechanic)
I've now run the Relic with every class.

1. Warlock - Really easy to maintain a nearly flat trajectory. Feels like you are flying from platform to platform. Going full speed never feels unsafe.
2. Titan - Just be careful when skating is second nature. You can get going too fast which makes cornering problematic. Much safer to jump from platform to platform with a higher arc than the Warlock.
3. Hunter - OH GOD. OH GOD. Don't screw this up! OH GOD. It looks like I can make this jump. Can I? Should I double jump? If I double jump I'll overshoot and if I don't double I'll be short. Holy hell I made it! Eight more to go...

Touch of Malice is so nice.
Ha. Intrigued to do it on Warlock.

Titan feels much more forgiving but Hunter is a lot more fun for me. Seems like Triple Jump would give you a little more leeway if it's really panic-inducing before the double, eh?

Wallach

Titan feels much more forgiving but Hunter is a lot more fun for me. Seems like Triple Jump would give you a little more leeway if it's really panic-inducing before the double, eh?

Hey duder, you wanna help me with another CoO tier 3? I guess it never gave me credit since it wasn't my rune when we did it. I need that calcium pill for stronger bones.

I got some time, 297 Hunter with 303 Sniper. I have killed him before and do know the strategy. Can do any role.

If you do find a group, msg me on PSN (Same PSN name as my GAF name) I will notice the notification on my phone instead of spamming f5 here.

I decided to just go to bed instead of trying again. I have to get up for work in another 5 hours and should try to get some sleep. I'll get my first Oryx kill next time. Thanks for offering assistance!

EL CUCO

Trying to get this last 5th win with 1200+ points on a team of blueberries is proving to be quite difficult atm.

Every team I get put in, I'm the only person going positive :(

Ryck

That's Gaf. I did the Raid in two parts, totaling around 8hrs. Everyone was so awesome explaining the mechanics very clearly. Can't wait for reset to get my Titan in for his second run then I'll start working down story on my Hunter/Warlock.

Gaf is full of awesome people willing to help with anything and everything.
Absolutely, DGAF has been my introduction to every single raid thus far (and Skolas as well).

I've tried to pay it back as much as possible and will continue to do so.

Mindlog

Fixed. It was the triple that was driving me crazy!
Early impression is probably colored by just jumping right into it without any warmup. However, I had a really easy time with it using the other two classes.

Most embarrassing death:
I once died just coming down after grabbing the buff. Used to feathering my landing with Titan and Warlock. Hunter doesn't really feather. I was either going to hit the ground hard or run into the ship. Decided to take my chances with the ground.

Only took 3 or 4 missteps then all the following runs were clean. I'm pretty confident with all 3 now and would gladly volunteer to do it again. All thanks to the patient team that let me wipe those early runs :]

Juraash

So I'm really eyeballing infusing my Tlaloc with my raid auto rifle. Got them both fully upgraded and according the calculator I should get my scout to 306 out of it. So I only lose 2 light on my primary and can stay 300.

Zocano

Anyone doing a super late raid? Would like to get just a few of the early drops on my Warlock now that I got her to 290.

Have clear exp. and ToM so even the later parts shouldn't be *too* bad

btkadams

Anyone doing a super late raid? Would like to get just a few of the early drops on my Warlock now that I got her to 290.

Have clear exp. and ToM so even the later parts shouldn't be *too* bad
I need to do the first half too! Only did the second half of the raid this week.

Bogeypop

A Raid chestpiece that's barely 300, a duplicate Pulse Rifle I don't like that's WEAKER than my previous one, and a bunch of Mouldering Shards. My Titan's first King's Fall was not kind to 'em. #SmartLoot

Depending how much of my sanity is left trying to finish up this Exotic Sword quest last minute, I MIGHT be up for a reset King's Fall Raid and hope Round 2 provides better loot for my Titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol this is me realizing you can press/hold triangle to change what's shown on your back in the tower
Hey duder, you wanna help me with another CoO tier 3? I guess it never gave me credit since it wasn't my rune when we did it. I need that calcium pill for stronger bones.
Still looking for that? I guess my titan needs that quest now too
Fixed. It was the triple that was driving me crazy!
Early impression is probably colored by just jumping right into it without any warmup. However, I had a really easy time with it using the other two classes.

Most embarrassing death:
I once died just coming down after grabbing the buff. Used to feathering my landing with Titan and Warlock. Hunter doesn't really feather. I was either going to hit the ground hard or run into the ship. Decided to take my chances with the ground.

Only took 3 or 4 missteps then all the following runs were clean. I'm pretty confident with all 3 now and would gladly volunteer to do it again. All thanks to the patient team that let me wipe those early runs :]
Ahh. I wasn't using triple myself, just suggested it based on what you said. Maybe try higher jump then- you can wait quite a while before using the double.

On the route back I started using
the Sisters' platforms while waiting for the ship to skate by rather than trying to hit the ground straight away, which helped a lot

Top Bottom