• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
So Bungie posted this about a few hours ago. Coincidence?
With the release of Destiny: The Taken King, Bungie has introduced new ways to earn loot. Some of these hold secret requirements for players to uncover on the march towards weapons, armor, and items.
Bungie will not be making any comment to assist players in the troubleshooting of requirements to unlock new gear.

If you are looking for help in regards to these requirements, please visit the Destiny forum. This will be the best place to find a community dedicated to solving the puzzles and mechanics needed to unlock new gear.

We're actively monitoring the forums to ensure that these features are working as intended, but Bungie will not be replying to questions about this content.

RexNovis

Banned
FINALLY finished that long tedious crucible quest chain. Fuck whoever thought it was a good idea to lock crucible weeklies behind all that crap. Probably not even worth it given the horrible rewards people are getting out NF these days since its the same loot.

RexNovis

Banned
Ok, I want to start from the beginning of the raid, if anyone is interested.

1. btkadams

I should note that I actually haven't done the first half before...so please someone be experienced. I've only done the last half and beaten oryx. My light is 296.

I'm available in about an hour if that works for y'all or will that be too late?

FINALLY finished that long tedious crucible quest chain. Fuck whoever thought it was a good idea to lock crucible weeklies behind all that crap. Probably not even worth it given the horrible rewards people are getting out NF these days since its the same loot.

They made crucible fairly trash now honestly. I loved it before and now it's not fun. I used to look forward to playing it everyday but somehow they managed to go way backwards on it. Sunbreakers and Stormbringer are just way too OP. Sunbreaker is the most OP. I can one shot snipe a full hp Stormbringer but you can't a Sunbreaker! Which is super stupid, pun intended.

With that being said, PvP not fun makes that weekly so much worse. I'm still on the 3rd step of the very first crucible weekly because I have no motivation to play it other than the daily.

RexNovis

Banned
I'll give you a tip - it's best done in a group of 3, not only for the platform section, but because you'll also need someone to distract the Trall that spawn on the final platform while you're opening the chest since they take no damage and you can't kill them.

Yea agreed. At the very least have one other person. That gave me a really hard time.

RedFury

Ok so I just fought tankis in heroic strike trying to get his cloak. A legendary engram drops the same time I get taken out. Revive timer longer than mission end timer. Go to tower...and no engram. Has that always been the case?

Bradach

Is the hyper Titan hammer thing common knowledge? Someone showed me it online last night.
Rapidly mashing all four shoulder buttons during the hammer super makes your Titan flip out!!!

A Raid chestpiece that's barely 300, a duplicate Pulse Rifle I don't like that's WEAKER than my previous one, and a bunch of Mouldering Shards. My Titan's first King's Fall was not kind to 'em. #SmartLoot

Depending how much of my sanity is left trying to finish up this Exotic Sword quest last minute, I MIGHT be up for a reset King's Fall Raid and hope Round 2 provides better loot for my Titan.

Sorry Bogey.

Using the 20 shards

302 Pulse
300 Chest
304 Boots

Awesome rolls! Not. At least They were increases so I went from 292 to 297.

Pretty smooth raid we had there. All moldering shards but Oryx gave me a 310 helmet, a 309 shotgun and my third scout rifle.

Nice!
309 shotty and 310 helm would have made me ecstatic!! I got the worse rolls haha.

What was your roll on scout? My scout from first kill was 304.

Is there somewhere I can look up the leading theories?

Sleeper Simulant:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ldefm/sleeper_simulant_quest/

Not Time to Explain:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mqjza/secret_in_the_paradox_mission_confirmed/

I beat Oryx tonight and got the same primary autorifle....twice at once. And I have in a week's time gotten 3 Invectives. So yeah....smart loot is complete shit or a complete lie.

You do realise 'smart loot' only applies to Raid loot not engrams (Besides the Year 1 Legacy Engrams). And if that was your first Oryx kill that rewarded the AR it is not going to retroactively reward you something different just because you got the AR in the same drop.

Top Bottom