• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GlamFM

Banned

Coolio, thanks.

PnCqIiu.png

FU, people said 280 is fine until Oryx!

In a good group it absolutely is.

Afrocious

I think Touch of Malice is a wonderful example of an exotic weapon. It's considered to be
the raid exotic of King's Fall like the Vex Mythoclast was to Glass.
Yet it has intrinsic value outside of doing extra damage on Taken -
it's absolutely brutal against the 4th and final boss when you're immortal for those small windows of time in either fight.

Also, it's beyond a chore to get. You undergo a collect-a-thon, farming, RNG, time-dependent content, invisible platforming races, the entire raid, revised heroic missions, a heroic strike that has no matchmaking, and a harder version of what's already considered by most to be the hardest mission in the game.

Hell, the moment you get the Touch of Malice, you get a trophy and an emblem. What other gun is that rewarding and is actually satisfying to use?

Ophelion

Luke never said you wouldn't get duplicates of weapons. The loot system just keeps you progressing, the drops are still RNG. Not sure why people keep expecting it to drop exactly what they don't have.

That would actually be immersion breaking for me, even if it was useful.

"Oh weird, this alien battlefield just handed me exactly the next thing I needed. Oh weird, the next room did the same. Oh weird..."

I mean it would be nice, but Luke Smith might as well be sitting in a chair next to me tapping me on the shoulder going, "Hey Ophelion, remember how you're playing a game? This is a game. All of this. Hey. Buddy? Right now? You're playing a game." Over and over and over again.

E92 M3

I think Touch of Malice is a wonderful example of an exotic weapon. It's considered to be
the raid exotic of King's Fall like the Vex Mythoclast was to Glass.
Yet it has intrinsic value outside of doing extra damage on Taken -
it's absolutely brutal against the 4th and final boss when you're immortal for those small windows of time in either fight.

Also, it's beyond a chore to get. You undergo a collect-a-thon, farming, RNG, time-dependent content, invisible platforming races, the entire raid, revised heroic missions, a heroic strike that has no matchmaking, and a harder version of what's already considered by most to be the hardest mission in the game.

Hell, the moment you get the Touch of Malice, you get a trophy and an emblem. What other gun is that rewarding and is actually satisfying to use?

Yep, it was very satisfying to get! I need to do the sword next - also very arduous.

Messiek

Smart Loot

I have from the raid:

- 3 HMG's
- 3 Auto Rifles
- 2 Pulse Rifles
- 2 Titan Boots

I literally had 2 auto rifles and a pulse rifle drop at the same moment, and once I had 2 HMG's drop at once.

I have 4 scout rifles and it's the only primary I've got.

ocean

Banned
Smart loot is BAAAAAALLLLSSSSSS

I had a 303 Light Rocket Launcher with Tracking equipped. I got a 303 Light Rocket Launcher with Tracking to drop.
The game noticed you were using it a lot. It is smart enough to detect you may even want another.

Lol RNG pls
I just feel like I have to point out that we don't all have dozens and dozens of those exotic shards. Anyone who is either new to the game, or like me, didn't play the game for almost a year. We haven't had time to build up a stash of those things, and since Xur doesn't even sell the damn things in TTK. Upgrading exotics is a really big pain in the ass for someone like me with not even a handful of shards.

So if my spindle that's infused with my 310 one gets brought down to 287 or 290. I have currenly 1, yes 1 shard I could use to upgrade it. But then I can't upgrade my zhalo, or telesto, or alpha lupi, or ruin wings. All of which are exotics I use a lot.
I feel you. Exotic Shards were in TDB what Etheric Light was in HoW and Strange Coins were in vanilla: something you're seemingly always running out of and having to manage hyper carefully.

Until 2 or 3 months pass and you have no clue what to do with them anymore :p we will reach a point rather soon where Xur-sold Exotics will no longer be useful for Infusing because all your stuff will be above 290. Then whenever you roll engrams trying to get a specific item and you get tons of crap you don't need you'll slowly build your Shard collection. Think of it this way: there's probably gonna be no more than 20 Exotic Weapons and 20 Armor pieces. Getting 50 Shards to cover all that sounds like a lot but you'll probably be making a few every week between NF, Xur, 3 of Coins etc.

Also there's an indirect Glimmer+Motes Exotic Shard farm if you're in desperate need. But from kiosk for 2500 Glimmer + 1 Shard. Pop a Primary or Secondary or whatever Telemetry (sold at Gunsmith and Xur). 20 Motes and your Kiosk exotic has full XP. Dismantle for 2 Exotic shards.

You could in theory do this for dupe drops too to build your Exotic Shard stash more quickly but I doubt you'll have to.

Does anybody remember a gaffer mentioning something about Eris yesterday? He/she said to keep an eye on Eris. Is she selling or giving away anything right now?

stb

Just to make sure I'm not being an idiot: I've been hoarding exotic engrams that drop in the wild until I'm over 300, so they decode to 310. That's a thing, right?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wanted the Black Spindle mostly for the immediate bump to my Light level (would've put me almost to 300 immediately), the ability to infuse all the secondaries I have that I like up to 300, and access to a black-hammer-alike for the scenarios it's really the best choice for. I don't like snipers in general so the outright reward of "310 Black Hammer" wasn't that appealing, but the "account unlock" nature of a 300 kiosk exotic was wildly appealing.

More than anything however, i was simply interested in and had an overwhelming desire to complete the challenge regardless of reward; as a result I'll be throwing myself back at the wall as soon as it comes up in the daily again.

I love the whole thing conceptually, the tough as nails challenge, the guaranteed reward, the secrets-could-be-anywhere nature and the surrounding hints. I don't even mind the no wipe requirement on the way to activating it. I don't love having to restart the full daily on failure- it's a true momentum killer. Turns what I'd ordinarily have no problem doing 20 or 30 times until succeeding into a massive time sink, and only after getting in bed last night did I realize that I never even beat the actual daily at all XD

Finally side note... I like the name Black Spindle and love how the description calls back to, almost clarifying the description of the Black Hammer. However, the White Nail perk should have been renamed. White Thread or something. Black Hammer, White Nail is cool. Black Spindle, White Nail is what.

Afrocious

Just to make sure I'm not being an idiot: I've been hoarding exotic engrams that drop in the wild until I'm over 300, so they decode to 310. That's a thing, right?

I hope so. I'm going to be mad when I farm Draxis and my exotics are 290.

I know I'm scum.

neoism

The ship is hideous and I'm disappointed Bungie figured it looked good. It's like an artist took one of the ships, broke it apart, and randomly put the pieces back together. Then they half-assed symmetry and called it a ship. The front of the ship looks like the rear of some ships in the game.

I have it equipped.

honestly most ships look terrible in this game only a hand full look good.

BahamutPT

On the topic of re-infusing a Spindle with a higher level one, I'm almost sure they'll also bring that one down:
It has also come to our attention that you are using this new acquisition to Infuse your other weapons. Good on you. Have fun with that. None of those weapons will be affected by this change - only the Spindle.

Since they specifically say "other weapons" it'll probably be a global -20 Atk nerf to all the Spindles.

blackflag

It's possible but rare. Most of the stuff I decode is below my light level now. and I'm only at 295.

I have become convinced that these things are set in stone the second they drop. I've seen countless claims about people doing odd things - hoarding engrams, claiming faction engrams do and cryptarchs don't decode right away, etc.

I've seen nothing over a long timeline to indicate that engrams are anything but determined when they drop. Maybe I haven't seen any irrefutable evidence to the contrary, but it's been my experience over the past year.

Take for example, the 'sublime' engrams. They have to be predetermined when they drop, do they not? Sublime engrams that are, for example. helmets - well you know what that's going to be. Otherwise why would it be labelled as sublime and not just legendary? why not just make legendaries have a chance of becoming sublime?

The label sublime appears because the dice has already been rolled. I think this is universal.

MrDaravon

I wanted the Black Spindle mostly for the immediate bump to my Light level (would've put me almost to 300 immediately), the ability to infuse all the secondaries I have that I like up to 300, and access to a black-hammer-alike for the scenarios it's really the best choice for. I don't like snipers in general so the outright reward of "310 Black Hammer" wasn't that appealing, but the "account unlock" nature of a 300 kiosk exotic was wildly appealing.

Pretty much this for me. I would have still probably made several attempts, but I sure as fuck wouldn't have spent 7 hours on it with nothing to show for it at the end if it was dropping at 290 to begin with.

Lee

Raid Question.
I watched the Broman stream for almost the entire raid, but on Oryx they were having issues until they figured something out. What was it that they were missing that they figured out?

Trickster

Do you just have a million 3oC, or how are you finding exotic engrams?

R0ckman

There was a gaffer on here that liked the new monarchy Suros AR, not sure who it was but hopefully you got on yesterday, Banshee was offering the non-faction branded version for pre-order, exactly the same but can hold more ammo.

Afrocious

On the topic of re-infusing a Spindle with a higher level one, I'm almost sure they'll also bring that one down:

Since they specifically say "other weapons" it'll probably be a global -20 Atk nerf to all the Spindles.

This is what I figured would happen. As a programmer, it piss easier to write some code setting every spindle in the game to 290.

Ambitious

I haven't raided since my first KF run last week. Now that everyone knows the strategies and is close to light level 300 (or above), how long does one run usually take?

stb

yeah, a 50% thing.

I hope so. I'm going to be mad when I farm Draxis and my exotics are 290.

I know I'm scum.

It's possible but rare. Most of the stuff I decode is below my light level now. and I'm only at 295.

I thought exotics were a special case where if your light is 300+ and you decode a "wild" exotic engram it's always 310. It's entirely possible I misinterpreted what someone said, didn't misinterpret and the info was bad, or completely made that up.

Lee

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13615

General
Fixed an issue with Year 1 Moments of Triumphs in which Golden Chest node completions were disappearing after TTK release

Activities
Quests
Fixed an issue where players who reached Level 40 before turning in the Reach Level 30 objective did not properly receive the Level 40 quest
Fixed an issue where the quest "High Value Targets" did not correctly reward Legendary Marks upon completion
Strikes
Fixed an issue where Year 1 Strikes were not dropping Uncommon and Rare quality gear as intended
World
Some treasure chests in the Dreadnaught are now in a location that only allow them to be looted once per spawn

Xur
Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras

Inventory
Dismantling leveled-up Exotics now have a reduced chance to produce 2 Exotic Shards

noomi

I have 4 scout rifles and it's the only primary I've got.

I actually really want the scout, especially if I could get a full auto roll on it.

How about this? I'll trade you an HMG, a Pulse Rifle, and a Auto Rifle for a Scout Rifle :p

I have become convinced that these things are set in stone the second they drop. I've seen countless claims about people doing odd things - hoarding engrams, claiming faction engrams do and cryptarchs don't decode right away, etc.

I've seen nothing over a long timeline to indicate that engrams are anything but determined when they drop. Maybe I haven't seen any irrefutable evidence to the contrary, but it's been my experience over the past year.

I move all my engrams over to my 299 titan, so that seems like proof that the item nor the item level is locked. My warlock was 280 and I moved a bunch of stuff I got from leveling/story/PVP last night and I saw a few 295+ items. They were all titan items as well, even though they dropped on my warlock.

I have a golgororth CP and I would like to finish the raid this weekend. anybody wanna team up, Hawkian, drizz? HALP!?!

295-296 titan hype!

Afrocious

I haven't raided since my first KF run last week. Now that everyone knows the strategies and is close to light level 300 (or above), how long does one run usually take?

My last run was shy under 2 hours. We wiped a few times on the second boss, but we one-shot everything else.

Top Bottom