• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Kyne

I have become convinced that these things are set in stone the second they drop. I've seen countless claims about people doing odd things - hoarding engrams, claiming faction engrams do and cryptarchs don't decode right away, etc.

I've seen nothing over a long timeline to indicate that engrams are anything but determined when they drop. Maybe I haven't seen any irrefutable evidence to the contrary, but it's been my experience over the past year.

people who are 300+ have reported some engrams decrypting at 310. That, coupled with the fact that hundreds of people who did the 3oC farming never got anything above 290 (because most were below light level 300) tells us that it's a thing.

some math said it was like 50% or something to get a 310 as long as you're 300+.

what was the Red Bull exclusive quest btw?

gave you a legendary sparrow.

ocean

Banned
Raid fight question:
If you detonate all four bombs each cycle, how many cycles to beat oryx usually?
I don't actually know if this is a fight you can speed up. It will normally be 4. Haven't ever even felt like 3 was possible, and if you didn't do it in 4 I don't even know if you'll have time to get it done.

stb

Then you must not have tried to get a spindle last night. I have no faith left.

After my longest week in Destiny, ever, 2 failed attempts at Spindle totally broke the will of myself and one other guy in the raid team. It forced us to take the night off.

Do you just have a million 3oC, or how are you finding exotic engrams?

I stocked up before Xur left (bought about ~25). I just pop one before each boss encounter. So far the rate of return has been pretty good.

Afrocious

I don't actually know if this is a fight you can speed up. It will normally be 4. Haven't ever even felt like 3 was possible, and if you didn't do it in 4 I don't even know if you'll have time to get it done.

I dunno man. I felt like my group did it in 3.
We shot the fuck out of Oryx I felt.

EDIT: We did it in 4. Fuck I'm absent-minded. We just did it way too fast and I was too caught in the moment to pay attention lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
General
Fixed an issue with Year 1 Moments of Triumphs in which Golden Chest node completions were disappearing after TTK release

Activities
Quests
Fixed an issue where players who reached Level 40 before turning in the Reach Level 30 objective did not properly receive the Level 40 quest
Fixed an issue where the quest "High Value Targets" did not correctly reward Legendary Marks upon completion
Strikes
Fixed an issue where Year 1 Strikes were not dropping Uncommon and Rare quality gear as intended
World
Some treasure chests in the Dreadnaught are now in a location that only allow them to be looted once per spawn

Xur
Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras

Inventory
Dismantling leveled-up Exotics now have a reduced chance to produce 2 Exotic Shards
meh

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13601

2.0.0.4 - The one that released on the heels of Oryx.

With the first week of Destiny: The Taken King behind us, we're taking an opportunity to address and tackle some of the immediate issues that are impacting the player experience.

General
Fixed an issue with Year 1 Moments of Triumphs in which Golden Chest node completions were disappearing after TTK release

Activities
Quests
Fixed an issue where players who reached Level 40 before turning in the Reach Level 30 objective did not properly receive the Level 40 quest
Fixed an issue where the quest "High Value Targets" did not correctly reward Legendary Marks upon completion
Strikes
Fixed an issue where Year 1 Strikes were not dropping Uncommon and Rare quality gear as intended
World
Some treasure chests in the Dreadnaught are now in a location that only allow them to be looted once per spawn

Xur
Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras

Inventory
Dismantling leveled-up Exotics now have a reduced chance to produce 2 Exotic Shards

ocean

Banned
I have become convinced that these things are set in stone the second they drop. I've seen countless claims about people doing odd things - hoarding engrams, claiming faction engrams do and cryptarchs don't decode right away, etc.

I've seen nothing over a long timeline to indicate that engrams are anything but determined when they drop. Maybe I haven't seen any irrefutable evidence to the contrary, but it's been my experience over the past year.

Take for example, the 'sublime' engrams. They have to be predetermined when they drop, do they not? Sublime engrams that are, for example. helmets - well you know what that's going to be. Otherwise why would it be labelled as sublime and not just legendary? why not just make legendaries have a chance of becoming sublime?

The label sublime appears because the dice has already been rolled. I think this is universal.
I don't know now but you used to be able to earn an armor Engram on one character and swap it to another, and it would decrypt for the second's class.

Don't know how it works now.

blackflag

"Xur
Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras"

Wow talk about the most vague wording ever. Thanks Bungie.

so if you do strikes and use 3oC is the increase not smaller because its not rapid? If so, that totally is a fine change but it's not clear.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

We had some pretty perfect runs and no one round of bombs did 1/3 damage, or even close to it. The bombs seem to do most of the damage so not sure if there's anything the players can do themselves to speed it up.

Lee

"Xur
Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras"

so if you do strikes and use 3oC is the increase not smaller because its not rapid? If so, that totally is a fine change but it's not clear.

Weekly Update says:

In accordance with forum prophecy, The Three of Coins that Xûr sells are slightly modified:
Each of them provides a smaller increase to Exotic Engram drop chance when used in rapid succession
When used with more time between kills (for example, on Strike bosses), they remain as effective as before

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also there's an indirect Glimmer+Motes Exotic Shard farm if you're in desperate need. But from kiosk for 2500 Glimmer + 1 Shard. Pop a Primary or Secondary or whatever Telemetry (sold at Gunsmith and Xur). 20 Motes and your Kiosk exotic has full XP. Dismantle for 2 Exotic shards.

you should henceforth stop saying things lest they immediately be coded untrue

people who are 300+ have reported some engrams decrypting at 310. That, coupled with the fact that hundreds of people who did the 3oC farming never got anything above 290 (because most were below light level 300) tells us that it's a thing.

some math said it was like 50% or something to get a 310 as long as you're 300+.

gave you a legendary sparrow.

Fair enough, I did forget about that.

Shito

Take for example, the 'sublime' engrams. They have to be predetermined when they drop, do they not? Sublime engrams that are, for example. helmets - well you know what that's going to be. Otherwise why would it be labelled as sublime and not just legendary? why not just make legendaries have a chance of becoming sublime?

The label sublime appears because the dice has already been rolled. I think this is universal.
They are determined when decrypting, I can attest to that.
When I farmed Draksis I used an alternate build with icebreaker, which put me at 250 light level. I decrypted a bunch of engrams forgetting about that, and they all decrypted around the 250 mark. Went back farming, and for the next batch I switched to my then 280 gear: the engrams decrypted around the 280 levels.
All the engrams were farmed with the same gear, only variable in that was my equipped gear at the moment of decrypting them.

On the first day, 777,270 Guardians attempted the King’s Fall Raid. Only 37,591 of them were able to send Oryx floating toward the rings of Saturn. Since then, almost a million attempts have been made on the King’s life. A grand total of 88,733 Guardians have successfully committed regicide.

Feels so good. So. SO GOOD.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
"Xur

I have no idea what that means.

LTWood12

I'd say the 3 of Coins still lives on. All they did was put a timer on so you don't rocket yourself and kill a boss twice every minute.

SkylineRKR

It seems to be 3oC is the only good way to get the RNG exotics. I got one out of a purple but thats it. So I expected them to stay. A smaller chance is a lame fix for those who use them 'legit'. I mean, they could just disable the fact you restart the battle after a double KO. That would make the method more tedious and I would probably just use them in Strikes.

EDIT: never mind this. The strike chance is unaffected.

Lee

On the first day, 777,270 Guardians attempted the King’s Fall Raid. Only 37,591 of them were able to send Oryx floating toward the rings of Saturn. Since then, almost a million attempts have been made on the King’s life. A grand total of 88,733 Guardians have successfully committed regicide.

Feels so good. So. SO GOOD.

Roughly 9% success rate. Wow.

EL CUCO

With the first week of Destiny: The Taken King behind us, we're taking an opportunity to address and tackle some of the immediate issues that are impacting the player experience.

General

Activities
Quests
Strikes
World

Xur

Inventory
So has the update kicked in yet?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Weekly Update says:
It's a more complex but pretty decent solution rather than what I expected.

"Legit" rapid uses of coin, like the Taken subboss + Valus Ta'aurc or Shield brother 1 then 2 will still at least be possible and advance the "count" of how many you've used without a drop for the chance. General use on patrol and strike chains unaffected.

E92 M3

General

Activities
Quests
Strikes
World

Xur

Inventory

Two things: What did you do to kill the deathsingers in that mission and secondly I hope we can still farm materials in the breach.

--

Also, kinda crazy that only 8.8% of attempts have been successful on Oryx. Bungie must be ecstatic.

General

Activities
Quests
Strikes
World

Xur

Inventory

I was really expecting the three of coins nerf to be a lot harder than that. Looks like people with a ton of strange coins can keep using them on Draksis, just with less results.

I just got to the portion of the Exotic Sword quest where you have to collect planetary materials. This part is not nearly as tedious as people are making it out to be. Here's how to stream line it:

1. Have a ghost that detects the material you need.
2. Spawn on patrol, jump on your sparrow, ride around the perimeter.
3. As you ride around, you will see the nodes pop up on your hud. Collect them.
4. LEAVE THAT AREA. Just go to the next area. It takes too long for the nodes to respawn if you stay.
5. Repeat.

I did mars. I personally went between The Barrens, The Hollows, and The Buried City. I was getting a node every 30 seconds to a minute. Overall I think it might have taken me about 40 minutes.

looks like your going to have to get your exotics from strikes as
i assume
intended now, or just walk away for 10 plus minutes each time.
better not be longer than 10 minutes

feel sorry for Draksis the boss no one remembered his name before this.

kudoboi

So far for the raid:

1. Sane_Man (PSN: SaneManPritch, 300 warlock)
2. Revolutionary (??)
3. thelongdarkriversofhell (PSN: darkistheway, 294 hunter)
4. kudoboi (PSN: kudouz, 294 warlock)
5. Werd (if you want in? You asked a bit ago)
6. ??

hey. cant do the raid anymore. its too late to start a raid for me (1.20am here). soz

Shito

That seems like a good way of dealing with the 3oC abuse.
Only thing concerning me is if we can't see this "timer", but the fact that they did it with the intention of leaving them untouched when using them on strikes is pretty good.

j-wood

So spindle isn't fixed in the patch?

I swear to god bungie if you changed your mind and are going to leave it, I'm going to rage.

Top Bottom