• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
On the first day, 777,270 Guardians attempted the King’s Fall Raid. Only 37,591 of them were able to send Oryx floating toward the rings of Saturn. Since then, almost a million attempts have been made on the King’s life. A grand total of 88,733 Guardians have successfully committed regicide.

Feels so good. So. SO GOOD.
Damn. The most interesting takeaway isn't that only 5% of players who tried in day 1 managed it. It's that we first day killers still account for 40% of the total population that has done it. Or viewed otherwise, about slightly under 90% of the people who tried on day 1 still haven't been able to get it done.

And here we are complaining about dupes on our third runs and stuff :p

Lee

Take out multiple clears and you are down to like 3-4% I bet. General community is struggling with it right now. I'd be interested in unique account clears.

That number is going to go way up with the number of 310 Spindles out the wild.

ocean

Banned
My most recent run was 1h40m. There wasn't a single boss in the Raid in which we spent less than twice that time on day 1 :p

We've come far, quick.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13601

2.0.0.4 - The one that released on the heels of Oryx.

With the first week of Destiny: The Taken King behind us, we're taking an opportunity to address and tackle some of the immediate issues that are impacting the player experience.

General
Fixed an issue with Year 1 Moments of Triumphs in which Golden Chest node completions were disappearing after TTK release

Activities
Quests
Fixed an issue where players who reached Level 40 before turning in the Reach Level 30 objective did not properly receive the Level 40 quest
Fixed an issue where the quest "High Value Targets" did not correctly reward Legendary Marks upon completion
Strikes
Fixed an issue where Year 1 Strikes were not dropping Uncommon and Rare quality gear as intended
World
Some treasure chests in the Dreadnaught are now in a location that only allow them to be looted once per spawn

Xur
Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras

Inventory
Dismantling leveled-up Exotics now have a reduced chance to produce 2 Exotic Shards
WOW

I got lucky. I just deleted my Titan and Warlock yesterday. Made sure to dismantle all of their year 1 exotics too. Really it was just to save vault space... I was getting double shards on just about all of them too.

Weird that they'd give that attention though. Year 1 RNG was an asshole. I earned those shards lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Damn. The most interesting takeaway isn't that only 5% of players who tried in day 1 managed it. It's that we first day killers still account for 40% of the total population that has done it. Or viewed otherwise, about slightly under 90% of the people who tried on day 1 still haven't been able to get it done.

And here we are complaining about dupes on our third runs and stuff :p

I'm honestly a bit surprised that more folks haven't finished the raid since there are other players out there who have developed exact strategies to beat each encounter.

When you die at Draxis you do have a checkpoint.

So getting back to that spot is pretty fast, if you wanted to space it out more.

I am surprised they only nerfed that aspect. Won't stop the farming at all.

now you dont have to waste heavy ammo, just kill him, go to orbit and do the mission again. takes a little longer, but will save some coin on heavy ammo packs. youll earn some blue engrams on the way as well. I only see good :)
:(

Tecnniqe

Banned
CPr0WeaUYAAi-BO.jpg:large

Oh here we go.
CPr0gNmWsAEp2lJ.jpg:large

wtf is this?

Namikaze1

I am glad power went out for the whole neighborhood then. My last 310 Spindle gets to live.

For now.

Now if only these jerks can restore power so that I can resume killing folks with my sword pummel.

"Fixed an issue where the quest "High Value Targets" did not correctly reward Legendary Marks upon completion"

Yes! I'm glad I didn't complete this yet. I wonder if people will retroactively get the marks for already doing this?

DarKshodaN

This is bullshit, so no fix for the Spindel?

I could slap myself to infuse my Spindel into a shitty legendary.

Well atleast i can use the 300 one for a while now, and then upgrade it but still....

nbraun80

I just got to the portion of the Exotic Sword quest where you have to collect planetary materials. This part is not nearly as tedious as people are making it out to be. Here's how to stream line it:

1. Have a ghost that detects the material you need.
2. Spawn on patrol, jump on your sparrow, ride around the perimeter.
3. As you ride around, you will see the nodes pop up on your hud. Collect them.
4. LEAVE THAT AREA. Just go to the next area. It takes too long for the nodes to respawn if you stay.
5. Repeat.

I did mars. I personally went between The Barrens, The Hollows, and The Buried City. I was getting a node every 30 seconds to a minute. Overall I think it might have taken me about 40 minutes.
Problem one, finding a ghost with it if you dont have one already. I've been picking rock and chests on mars for an hour now and still not one crystal, so the crystal rng must have been on your side.

ocean

Banned
I'm honestly a bit surprised that more folks haven't finished the raid since there are other players out there who have developed exact strategies to beat each encounter.
Self selection. Players with perfect strats tend to play with other guys at their level, or close. The trickle down takes a while.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lmao.

Take it to the bank, the majority of people who own Destiny are not currently at a light level high enough to even attempt to kill Oryx.

Juraash

I'm really hoping to I can do the raid this weekend. Thread activity seems to tank on Saturday and Sunday, but those are usually my best days to log tons of time with Destiny. Unless I get in one of these 2ish hour groups on a week night.

Namikaze1

In accordance with forum prophecy, The Three of Coins that Xûr sells are slightly modified:
  • Each of them provides a smaller increase to Exotic Engram drop chance when used in rapid succession
  • When used with more time between kills (for example, on Strike bosses), they remain as effective as before
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13615
That's actually quite fair.

Still need to do Ikora's strike quests on my Hunter and Warlock. Got 14 3oC in the vault. I'm ready.

Afrocious

On the first day, 777,270 Guardians attempted the King’s Fall Raid. Only 37,591 of them were able to send Oryx floating toward the rings of Saturn. Since then, almost a million attempts have been made on the King’s life. A grand total of 88,733 Guardians have successfully committed regicide.

Feels so good. So. SO GOOD.

Damn son. Glad I'm part of that then. I even took a screenshot of my trophy screen to show when it was at 0.1% lol.

I'd say the 3 of Coins still lives on. All they did was put a timer on so you don't rocket yourself and kill a boss twice every minute.

the wait for heavy synth was real

Or just drop in on Draksis once every 15 minutes or so.

this is true

Jinjo

This is bullshit, so no fix for the Spindel?

I could slap myself to infuse my Spindel into a shitty legendary.

Well atleast i can use the 300 one for a while now, and then upgrade it but still....

No need to do actual work on a patch when you can have the community do the work for you just by spreading some good old little fear.

I feel like such a dumbass lol.

SkylineRKR

So suicide Draksis, keeping the checkpoint, try it once every 15-20 minutes? Its a decent way at a quick shot if you want to do other stuff inbetween.

Navy Bean

That number is going to go way up with the number of 310 Spindles out the wild.

Probably many of the same people that cleared the raid also got the spindle...

Not like some run-of-the-mill player is gonna be able to beat the mission to get the spindle only a week after release... I know I haven't played enough yet to have the gear to do it and I'd probably be considered hardcore (not as hardcore as some of the crazies on here, of course).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Luke never said you wouldn't get duplicates of weapons. The loot system just keeps you progressing, the drops are still RNG. Not sure why people keep expecting it to drop exactly what they don't have.

Yes exactly.
So many of you/us are creating these heavy expectations on how the game is supposed to play and how the rewards are supposed to be handed out.
I remember playing Destiny soon after its release and not even attempting the Nightfall strike for weeks and weeks (possibly didn't even do it in October) because I couldn't get a full set of legendary gear with good enough light to get me to level 26.

The game hands out rewards at a ridiculous rate now. If you get a gun that you can't use then be happy that you have weapon parts.

DarKshodaN

No need to do actual work on a patch when you can have the community do the work for you just by spreading some good old little fear.

I feel like such a dumbass lol.

Same haha, i was just in panic mode because all guys saying it's going to be fixed today

Two things: What did you do to kill the deathsingers in that mission and secondly I hope we can still farm materials in the breach.

--

Also, kinda crazy that only 8.8% of attempts have been successful on Oryx. Bungie must be ecstatic.

Sniped them from the water.

When you die at Draxis you do have a checkpoint.

So getting back to that spot is pretty fast, if you wanted to space it out more.

I am surprised they only nerfed that aspect. Won't stop the farming at all.

They don't specify how much less is the chance, so it could still be viable.

I was really expecting the three of coins nerf to be a lot harder than that. Looks like people with a ton of strange coins can keep using them on Draksis, just with less results.

Yup, probably 1 engram per 10 coins.

Smart Loot

I have from the raid:

- 3 HMG's
- 3 Auto Rifles
- 2 Pulse Rifles
- 2 Titan Boots

I literally had 2 auto rifles and a pulse rifle drop at the same moment, and once I had 2 HMG's drop at once.

Yup.

2x Chest
2x Rocket Launcher
2x Scout Rifle (both at same time)

Smart loot indeed

Top Bottom